Trinity – t8's proof text #1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

WJ – gotcha, thanks.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Dwelling in you.  Yes.  But think about this logically for a moment.  If you are a Trinitarian, you cannot say that both God and Jesus “dwell” in you physically.  Does also the Holy Ghost “dwell” in you physically?  Are you to mean that we have a Triune God dwelling in us physically?

Jesus prayed that we would be one as he and his Father are one.  If you are a Trinitarian, do you mean to say that you think Jesus was praying that we also could become God or Gods?  Do you see where this leads?  It cannot be a physical dwelling, but rather a figure of speech.  Of course we are “in” Christ.  Of course God “dwells” in us.  But physically?

Well not, not “physically”, obviously…we are speaking about a “Spirit” here….so 'metaphysically' might be better terminology.

N3IO, It would be good to have your exegesis of all the texts I quoted on the last page but I know that it a lot to ask. How about just one – Galatians 4:6, how do you interpret it?

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 27 2007,06:30)
    If only TWO in us……..why not THREE?  I tell ya, the Holy Ghost always gets what Patty shot at!  :)

The Comforter, IMO, is neither the personal Spirit of the Father nor Son….happy to give my reasonings if requested.

:)

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 27 2007,06:28)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 27 2007,20:33)
    In answer to your question I will clarify the scriptures above as follows…

If I use the word “God” in my prayer, I am refering to One God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Yay, the answer was in there.

So as I said earlier, you pray to God using singular language because you are praying to the substance which is the one part of God according to the Trinity doctrine.

You pray to the one substance and then are at liberty to address any of the persons within the substance.

Thank you for clarifying that and I just want everyone who reads this to see how ridiculous the Trinity doctrine is that they pray to the 1 substance and address any of the 3 persons that are spawned or within the substance.

This is not meant to be demeaning to anyone's prayer life for God certainly hears his children and I am not saying you are not his child, the point is to show how silly the Trinity doctrine really is.

Feel free to take this further if you wish WorshippingJesus, but it is my turn to answer you and I will when I have a reasonable amount of time to do so.

Thanks.

t8

Do you think anybody cant see through this ridiculous statement.

How pathetic.

I wait for your reply to my questions!

Proclaimer
    Participant

It isn't pathetic.

It is the only way that you can reconcile your doctrine (that God is 3 persons and one substance) while praying to one God.

Think about it. I am saying the obvious.

Not3in1
    Participant

Ah! It sounds like we are somewhat on the same page then about the physical or spiritual indwelling.

Gal. 4:6 is one of my favorite passages! Mainly because when I started my study on the Trinity, the first subject I became interested in was “sonship.”

BECAUSE we are sons (already), God sent the spirit of his Son(ship) in out hearts, by which we can call out to him just as Jesus did….as a son.

The spirit of Christ is that of sonship.

When God sends the spirit of his Son into MY heart…….he is giving me my rights as a child of God. I, too, can now call him, “Dad.”

Participant

If only TWO in us……..why not THREE?  I tell ya, the Holy Ghost always gets what Patty shot at!  :)

“gets what patty shot at”, that's a great expression!…I'll have to remember it…..I'm not sure that I would be quite so cavalier/irreverent when speaking about the Holy Spirit though, given that blasphemy against Him constitutes an unforgivable sin.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 27 2007,06:42)
    Ah!  It sounds like we are somewhat on the same page then about the physical or spiritual indwelling.

Gal. 4:6 is one of my favorite passages!  Mainly because when I started my study on the Trinity, the first subject I became interested in was “sonship.”

BECAUSE we are sons (already), God sent the spirit of his Son(ship) in out hearts, by which we can call out to him just as Jesus did….as a son.

The spirit of Christ is that of sonship.

When God sends the spirit of his Son into MY heart…….he is giving me my rights as a child of God.  I, too, can now call him, “Dad.”

Oh. I see…so when Paul wrote “God send the Spirit of His Son into our hearts”…he didn't actually mean that God would send the actual Spirit of His Son into our actual Hearts?

??? :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Isaiah 1:18 – I just looked this verse up :) “Come let us reason together……” I have it underlined.

I would love to hear your reasons behind the Comforter…..

I'm going to be heading to bed pretty soon, but I will catch up in the morning, for sure. Thanks for the chat!

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 27 2007,06:42)
    It isn't pathetic.

It is the only way that you can reconcile your doctrine (that God is 3 persons and one substance) while praying to one God.

Think about it. I am saying the obvious.

t8

No you think about the scriptures that declare Jesus and the Spirit God, One with the Father.

“ONE SPIRIT” ONE GOD.

I address your replys with multitudes of scriptures supporting my belief and you give me nothing in scripture that supports your foolish statement that God is seperate from his substance.

So I suppose if you dont use the title Father when you pray, and use the word God then you also would be speaking to his substance?

Such foolish logic. To what extreme men will go to deny the scriptures to fit their own theology.

Show me a scripture t8. Show me a scripture that says calling on “God” is talking to his substance?

Paul prayed to “God” and to the “Father” and to “Jesus” .

So Paul was praying to Gods substance.

He called Jesus and the Spirit God.

Wheres the scripture t8 that shows to call on God if you are a Trinitarian is to talk to his substance?

???  ???  ???

Proclaimer
    Participant

Does God have a spirit?
    Does Christ have a spirit?
    Do we have a spirit?

The answer is yes all 3 of the above have a spirit or are spirit

So how then can God and Christ be one and one with us and we with each other.

By our spirits of course.

Romans 8:16
    The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

It is by our spirit that we can be one with God who is spirit and with the son. Obviously we are not one with Christ in the flesh are we.

It isn't really that complicated.

John 17:21
    that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Not3in1
    Participant

Not the “physical/actual” spirit of Jesus into our hearts, no. It's more like a figure of speech, really. I mean, we are in Christ. God knows our hearts. There are records being kept, we can be sure of that.

WAIT! I just read 1 Cor 3:16, 17

“Don't you know that you yourselvs are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

Well, this changes things for me a little. Let me ponder and pray over this……

Not3in1
    Participant

Is wrote:

I'm not sure that I would be quite so cavalier/irreverent when speaking about the Holy Spirit though, given that blasphemy against Him constitutes an unforgivable sin

Of course I meant no disrespect to God (the Holy Spirit to me, is who God IS). Luckily for me, God knows my heart. But I certainly didn't mean to offend, either. Sorry to all, if I did. And thanks for the warning, Is. I will remember this in the future. :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 28 2007,01:58)
    1 Cor 3:16, 17

“Don't you know that you yourselvs are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

Yes 1 Cor 3:16, 17 is a beautiful and meaningful text.

John 5:26
    For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself.

Not3in1
    Participant

t8, I wonder if I could ask you a question? I've also put this question out to Nick, and I'm waiting on his reply.

Did Mary contribute chromosomes to her boy, Jesus?

I'm heading to bed now, but will check back in the morning. Thanks!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 27 2007,06:36)

The Comforter, IMO, is neither the personal Spirit of the Father nor Son….happy to give my reasonings if requested.

Hi Is 1.18,
    Please do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 27 2007,07:14)
    t8, I wonder if I could ask you a question?  I've also put this question out to Nick, and I'm waiting on his reply.

Did Mary contribute chromosomes to her boy, Jesus?

I'm heading to bed now, but will check back in the morning.  Thanks!

Hi not3,
    As previously explained she sure did as the true mother of Christ. He was truly son of Man, son of Adam.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2007,08:14)

Hi Is 1.18,
    Please do.

I'll post something in the Holy Spirit thread. Maybe tomorrow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 27 2007,06:58)
    Does God have a spirit?
    Does Christ have a spirit?
    Do we have a spirit?

The answer is yes all 3 of the above have a spirit or are spirit

So how then can God and Christ be one and one with us and we with each other.

By our spirits of course.

Romans 8:16
    The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

It is by our spirit that we can be one with God who is spirit and with the son. Obviously we are not one with Christ in the flesh are we.

It isn't really that complicated.

John 17:21
    that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Hi t8,
    Are you referring to our human spirit?
    Do you believe it is part of the Spirit of God?
    The Spirit of God was given to us and we already had our own spirit.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Is 1:18,
    I would like to hear that as well.
    I think that scripture is very clear who the comforter is.

The word that is used for comforter is the Greek word parakletos.
    Aside from the four verses in John where Jesus uses parakletos to describe the comforter that will come when He leaves, it is only used one other time in the entire bible.
    In 1 Jn 2:1, John says that Jesus is the parakletos.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate (parakletos) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 946 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account