Trinity – t8's proof text #1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Did he, or are you joining in their foolish misinterpretation of his words?
    They were not his friends but wanted to kill him so choose yours carefully too.
    He did claim to be the son of God and that is much safer ground we can agree on.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2007,10:38)
    Hi W,
    Did he, or are you joining in their foolish misinterpretation of his words?
    They were not his friends but wanted to kill him so choose yours carefully too.
    He did claim to be the son of God and that is much safer ground we can agree on.

NH

They fully understood what he was saying, but they rejected his sayings.

None of the writters that witnessed these things recorded that they falsly accused him of saying he was equal to God.

So you side with them by not believing he is God also.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    He said he was the Son of God.
    Believe him and do not add to his words.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2007,10:56)
    Hi W,

NH

Yes John heard him say that he was the Son of God, yet John recorded Jn 1:1 and 20:28.

Why do you not believe these scriptures?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    No you have tried to build a doctrine foreign in every way to the great themes of scripture from these two verses.
    You may or may not be right but our God is not a God of confusion and in my opinion the weight of the revelation of God does not support your supposition.
    If you are wrong then perhaps it is unwise to oppose the ways of God?.

Not3in1
    Participant

This is a sincere question. Was your motive to side with t8 because he is Non-Trinitarian?

The Answer is that I haven't read the whole thread. And I've been preoccupied with illness, and my daughter's birthday.

Not3in1
    Participant

And I believe you did mean to refer to me being the monkey on his back since I am the one challenging him on his false statements

Maybe I did, and maybe I didn't. But I knew that others were not extending grace either by my quick scan of the thread.

At any rate, if I have hurt your feelings, then I am truly sorry WJ. I mean this. I just figure you have thick skin because you dish it out so heavily. I figure you can take it, too, occassionally. Maybe I'm wrong? I am sorry, Keith. Please forgive me, huh? :)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 24 2007,12:43)
    And I believe you did mean to refer to me being the monkey on his back since I am the one challenging him on his false statements

Maybe I did, and maybe I didn't.  But I knew that others were not extending grace either by my quick scan of the thread.  

At any rate, if I have hurt your feelings, then I am truly sorry WJ.  I mean this.  I just figure you have thick skin because you dish it out so heavily.  I figure you can take it, too, occassionally.  Maybe I'm wrong?  I am sorry, Keith.  Please forgive me, huh?  :)

Not3

You havnt hurt my feelings at all.

I just didnt understand your reaction in defending t8, in light of his response and critical words toward Isaiah.

And then you inferring that we are monkeys on his back because I point out that there was no time constraints or pressure on him by us to post in the debate.

If he felt pressure it wasnt from us.

Thats all.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2007,11:10)
    Hi W,
    No you have tried to build a doctrine foreign in every way to the great themes of scripture from these two verses.
    You may or may not be right but our God is not a God of confusion and in my opinion the weight of the revelation of God does not support your supposition.
    If you are wrong then perhaps it is unwise to oppose the ways of God?.

NH

Are not these verses as valid as any others?

Should we not consider the belief and writtings of an Eye witness of these things?

Shouldnt their testimony and written words be included in forming our doctrine?

The answers should be yes.

John recorded Jn 1:1 and 20:28 and 1 Jn 5:20.

I take them as they say. How about you?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Listen for doctrines in the mouth of God's anointed teachers.
    We are not allowed to devise our own even using scripture.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2007,15:52)
    Hi W,

NH

So John wasnt anointed?

???

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2007,15:52)
    Hi W,

NH

Where is this written?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    He sure was.
    And the words he recorded are reliable.
    Where did John or Jesus teach about any trinity?
    Surely it is not one of those mix and match patchwork quilts?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2007,16:27)
    Hi W,
    He sure was.
    And the words he recorded are reliable.
    Where did John or Jesus teach about any trinity?
    Surely it is not one of those mix and match patchwork quilts?

NH

You are the one doing the mixing and matching by choosing not to believe clear scriptures recorded by John.

:O

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 24 2007,15:05)

Hi W,

NH

Yes John heard him say that he was the Son of God, yet John recorded Jn 1:1 and 20:28.

???

WJ. I believe those scriptures.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Yes!  Jesus Christ is our Lord and Our God. Our Mighty Jehovah!     :O

Not3in1
    Participant

I just didnt understand your reaction in defending t8, in light of his response and critical words toward Isaiah

Nothing in life is fair, WJ. And if your feelings weren't hurt, why would you care who's side I'm on, or who gets more support? Clearly this board is bias. There are certain ones who believe the same way, and therefore support one another's view (t8 and Nick for example – Adam Pastor and myself for another example).

I don't totally agree with Nick and t8. They have some unusual beliefs regarding pre-existence that I do not see in scripture without a lot of inference attached and mixed in. But I do agree with a lot of what they teach and confess. I even agree with a lot of what YOU teach and confess (certainly not that God is three instead of what the scriptures plainly teach without inference…..he is ONE). Anyway, if one gets more treatment than the other, this is why. We are all still children at heart. :)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 25 2007,06:34)

I just didnt understand your reaction in defending t8, in light of his response and critical words toward Isaiah

Nothing in life is fair, WJ.  And if your feelings weren't hurt, why would you care who's side I'm on, or who gets more support?  Clearly this board is bias.  There are certain ones who believe the same way, and therefore support one another's view (t8 and Nick for example – Adam Pastor and myself for another example).

I don't totally agree with Nick and t8.  They have some unusual beliefs regarding pre-existence that I do not see in scripture without a lot of inference attached and mixed in.  But I do agree with a lot of what they teach and confess.  I even agree with a lot of what YOU teach and confess (certainly not that God is three instead of what the scriptures plainly teach without inference…..he is ONE).  Anyway, if one gets more treatment than the other, this is why.  We are all still children at heart.  :)

Not3

You are right.

I shouldnt have expected you to take the Trinitarian side!

Sorry I even mentioned it.

Blessings :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Is this a competition?
    Are there sides to take?
    Is truth divided?
    No…it is written

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 25 2007,10:21)
    Hi W,
    Is this a competition?
    Are there sides to take?
    Is truth divided?
    No…it is written

NH

You seem to think it is a competition.

Seeing that you take the opposite almost on every post.

:)

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 24 2007,23:31)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 24 2007,15:05)

Hi W,

NH

???

WJ. I believe those scriptures.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Yes!  Jesus Christ is our Lord and Our God. Our Mighty Jehovah!     :O

CB

Amen!

If people would stop trying to explain away what scriptures say and just accept them by Faith then they would know the Author of the scriptures.

:)

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 946 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account