Trinity – t8's proof text #1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 07 2007,15:49)
    t8

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Do WorshippingJesus and Isaiah believe this scripture?

t8. Do you believe this scripture?

“For admission has been secretly gained by some who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly persons who pervert the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.” Jude 1:4

Hi CB,
    Those who deny the existence of the Son of God
    teaching his role is just a title
    and that he is God Himself
    need take note of this verse.

For there is salvation only in the name of the Son of God.

Acts 4
    ” 10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2007,12:12)
    To WorshippingJesus.

As Christians we should be doing what 2 Corinthians 10:5 says:
    We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

It is not good to try and demolish people themselves, insult them, or say that what they do or did is crap. We are not suppose to judge in such a manner.

Let me remind you of what scripture teaches us:

Matthew 7:1
    “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Luke 6:37
    “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

So therefore it seems to me that for every appointment that you have been late to, God has the right to say it was crap. That is the measure you have set for yourself. As you can see, you are only making things harder for yourself and you are actually blessing me for the following reason:

Matthew 5:11

• “Blessed are you when people insult you,
  • persecute you
  • and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

So every time you insult me and tell me that what I do or did was crap, you judge yourself and you bless me. And I also take comfort in the fact that this man who opposes me is a man who displays this kind of character. If you were a holy man, I would take your words more seriously, but we know them by their fruit don't we.

• t8

Thats hillarious.

Yes we do know them by their fruit.

Especially when they call another brother a Pig!

Put down the holier than thouugh attitude t8. You are no persecuted saint here.

It only shows your pride for not admitting you were wrong.

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2007,12:26)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 07 2007,23:42)

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2007,22:52)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 03 2007,10:58)

Quote (t8 @ April 02 2007,09:32)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 30 2007,01:32)

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 29 2007,06:23)
    I haven't seen a reasonable argument for the Trinity.
    When the facts are known, that argument doesn't stack up.

I use to believe that doctrine but after a time I knew deep down in my heart something wasn't right with it.

From that time God has shown me scripture after scripture that pulls that doctrine apart.

Even the scriptures that Trinitarians use are often used incorrectly and if the scripture can be interpreted their way, you can bet your bottom dollar it can also be interpreted other ways.

After years of looking into this, my personal conclusion is this.

• If we believe as Paul instructed that there is one God the Father, then there is no contradiction in scripture.
  • If we believe in the Trinity, then you can make 10 to 20 scriptures work, but you break hundreds of others.

Try these links for in depth studies on what I am saying.

Scriptures that are used to support the Trinity doctrine

100 verses that show God and Jesus to be different.

• t8

Words with no scriptural proof to refute the scriptural truths set before you.

:O

100 verses not enough then?

:)

t8

Your 100 verses prove nothing except that Jesus is the Son of God.

Trinitarians believe he is the Son of God. We believe all those verses.

How about the many verses that say Jesus is God, or the 100s that implys he is God?

Do you believe those verses?

No. Yet you wont even give a clear statement as to what you do believe concerning those versus.

???

Read them again or at least a selection of them.

E.g.,

• Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,
  • May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
  • Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.
  • But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
  • Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
  • May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,

Now replace the word “God” with the word “Trinity”.

It doesn't work does it?

God is the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

• t8

Again these scriptures do not prove Jesus is not God.

They simply show that the Father is God and Jesus is the Son.

Paul almost always couples the Father and Jesus this way in his salutations and validictions.

I believe the reason he did this is so that men would not think there is more than one God.

Example…

Tts 1:4 reads
    To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Now if Paul would have said…

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and “God” the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Then it could be taken as Polytheism.

But also notice how this could be read.

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, “from God”,(who is)

the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

See how one comma can change the meaning.

The problem that you have is these scriptures do not say Jesus is not God.

But there are scriptures that do, that are not ambiguous.

Now if you say he is “A” God then the scriptures are broken.

So, again your scriptures do not disprove the Deity of Yashua.

You say…

This is a straw. First of all you are placing a plural noun on a singular noun.

Secondly you are leaving Christ in the sentence when he is part of the trinity.

Tell you what to be fair lets look at it another way.

Since God Is Spirit, lets use a Singular Noun” in place of God and see if it makes sence.

• Grace and peace to you from (Spirit) our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • We always thank (Spirit), the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,
  • May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and (Spirit) our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
  • Grace, mercy and peace from (Spirit) the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.
  • But thanks be to (Spirit)! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • (Spirit), who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
  • Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in (Spirit); trust also in me.
  • May the (Spirit) of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,

You see t8, you play these little “Logical” word games with people to coerce the week and simple to follow your game.

All it is to me is weak tactical methods to promote your Henotheistic veiw which is unscriptural.

• Sorry but these scriptures state that the Father is God and Jesus is Lord. But if Paul had a Trinitarian theology like you, surely he would say things like:

• We always thank God, the Son and The Lord Father, when we pray for you, or
  • For us there is one God the son and one Lord Father.

Of course you do not see such language because Paul taught correctly that for US, there is One God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. So am I to take it that you are not included in US, and if you are, then why do you go against what US is suppose to believe?[/quote]

t8

And thats the way you see it.

Again you have no scriptural proof Jesus is not God.

I have scriptural proof he is.

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2007,12:29)
It seems obvious that all the defense against John 17:3 is only really denying that scripture.

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

If so then you they shouldn't oppose me when I say that the Father is the true God and he sent his son because they are really opposing the one who penned the scripture and the one who inspired him to write it. I am only repeating it.

t8

Come on t8. You believe Jesus is “A” god and yet you claim by this scripture he is not true God.

Again, this is not proof Jesus is not True God.

In fact I believe he is claiming deity.

Jn 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, **and** Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Whos is the Eternal life t8? Why did he pronounce that to have Eternal life was to know the Father and Yeshua?

Jesus simply acknowedges his Father as God. For he is one with him.

Just as the Father acknowledges Jesus as God.

Heb 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

By the way what about Heb 1:10 and Pss 102, we havn't recieved an answer on those scriptures?

Concerning Jesus being God, John 17:3 is Ambiguous.

There is no ambiguity in John 1:1 and Heb 1:8 and Heb 1:10 and Pss 102 and Acts 20:28 and and and…

t8 as NH says, you really should let the scriptures teach you.

Thomas gives us a great example.

John seems to like it, because 3 verses after Thomas calls Jesus “Lord and Master” he indicates that these things were written that we would know Jesus is the Son of God.

CB just gave us a good one.

Jude 1:4
“For admission has been secretly gained by some who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly persons who pervert the grace of **our God** into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.”

Did you catch that t8, “Our **only** Lord and Master”.

Jude also seems to know this Jesus we preach.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2007,12:12)
To WorshippingJesus.

As Christians we should be doing what 2 Corinthians 10:5 says:
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

It is not good to try and demolish people themselves, insult them, or say that what they do or did is crap. We are not suppose to judge in such a manner.

Let me remind you of what scripture teaches us:

Matthew 7:1
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Luke 6:37
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

So therefore it seems to me that for every appointment that you have been late to, God has the right to say it was crap. That is the measure you have set for yourself. As you can see, you are only making things harder for yourself and you are actually blessing me for the following reason:

Matthew 5:11

• “Blessed are you when people insult you,
  • persecute you
  • and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

So every time you insult me and tell me that what I do or did was crap, you judge yourself and you bless me. And I also take comfort in the fact that this man who opposes me is a man who displays this kind of character. If you were a holy man, I would take your words more seriously, but we know them by their fruit don't we.

• t8

By the way since you are taking the hollier than though attitude because I say your actions were crap.

And also talking about demolishing people themselves and insulting them, and then out of the same breath you go on to say that I am unholy and have no fruit.

Sad!

I thought I would mention some of your own words.

Here is your own words to me.

Instead some people trample these precious truths using the mud of the mens doctrines.And what kind of person tramples pearls into the mud?

Here's a clue.Oink.

Is this what you call fruit?
    We are supposed to be brothers t8.

Is it appropriate to call a believer a pig?  

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 07 2007,17:37)

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2007,12:26)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 07 2007,23:42)

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2007,22:52)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 03 2007,10:58)

Quote (t8 @ April 02 2007,09:32)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 30 2007,01:32)

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 29 2007,06:23)
    I haven't seen a reasonable argument for the Trinity.
    When the facts are known, that argument doesn't stack up.

I use to believe that doctrine but after a time I knew deep down in my heart something wasn't right with it.

From that time God has shown me scripture after scripture that pulls that doctrine apart.

Even the scriptures that Trinitarians use are often used incorrectly and if the scripture can be interpreted their way, you can bet your bottom dollar it can also be interpreted other ways.

After years of looking into this, my personal conclusion is this.

• If we believe as Paul instructed that there is one God the Father, then there is no contradiction in scripture.
  • If we believe in the Trinity, then you can make 10 to 20 scriptures work, but you break hundreds of others.

Try these links for in depth studies on what I am saying.

Scriptures that are used to support the Trinity doctrine

100 verses that show God and Jesus to be different.

• t8

Words with no scriptural proof to refute the scriptural truths set before you.

:O

100 verses not enough then?

t8

Your 100 verses prove nothing except that Jesus is the Son of God.

Trinitarians believe he is the Son of God. We believe all those verses.

How about the many verses that say Jesus is God, or the 100s that implys he is God?

Do you believe those verses?

No. Yet you wont even give a clear statement as to what you do believe concerning those versus.

???

Read them again or at least a selection of them.

E.g.,

• Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,
  • May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
  • Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.
  • But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
  • Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
  • May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,

It doesn't work does it?

God is the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

• t8

Again these scriptures do not prove Jesus is not God.

They simply show that the Father is God and Jesus is the Son.

Paul almost always couples the Father and Jesus this way in his salutations and validictions.

I believe the reason he did this is so that men would not think there is more than one God.

Example…

Tts 1:4 reads
    To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Now if Paul would have said…

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and “God” the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Then it could be taken as Polytheism.

But also notice how this could be read.

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, “from God”,(who is)

the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

See how one comma can change the meaning.

The problem that you have is these scriptures do not say Jesus is not God.

But there are scriptures that do, that are not ambiguous.

Now if you say he is “A” God then the scriptures are broken.

So, again your scriptures do not disprove the Deity of Yashua.

You say…

This is a straw. First of all you are placing a plural noun on a singular noun.

Secondly you are leaving Christ in the sentence when he is part of the trinity.

Tell you what to be fair lets look at it another way.

Since God Is Spirit, lets use a Singular Noun” in place of God and see if it makes sence.

• Grace and peace to you from (Spirit) our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • We always thank (Spirit), the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,
  • May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and (Spirit) our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
  • Grace, mercy and peace from (Spirit) the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.
  • But thanks be to (Spirit)! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
  • (Spirit), who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
  • Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in (Spirit); trust also in me.
  • May the (Spirit) of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,

You see t8, you pla
    y these little “Logical” word games with people to coerce the week and simple to follow your game.

All it is to me is weak tactical methods to promote your Henotheistic veiw which is unscriptural.

• Sorry but these scriptures state that the Father is God and Jesus is Lord. But if Paul had a Trinitarian theology like you, surely he would say things like:

• We always thank God, the Son and The Lord Father, when we pray for you, or
  • For us there is one God the son and one Lord Father.

Of course you do not see such language because Paul taught correctly that for US, there is One God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. So am I to take it that you are not included in US, and if you are, then why do you go against what US is suppose to believe?[/quote]

t8

And thats the way you see it.

Again you have no scriptural proof Jesus is not God.

I have scriptural proof he is.

• Hi W,
    Then who is the Son of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 07 2007,18:20)

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2007,12:29)
    It seems obvious that all the defense against John 17:3 is only really denying that scripture.

If so then you they shouldn't oppose me when I say that the Father is the true God and he sent his son because they are really opposing the one who penned the scripture and the one who inspired him to write it. I am only repeating it.

t8

Come on t8. You believe Jesus is “A” god and yet you claim by this scripture he is not true God.

Jn 17:3
    And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, **and** Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Whos is the Eternal life t8? Why did he pronounce that to have Eternal life was to know the Father and Yeshua?

Jesus simply acknowedges his Father as God. For he is one with him.

Just as the Father acknowledges Jesus as God.

Heb 1:8
    But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

By the way what about Heb 1:10 and Pss 102, we havn't recieved an answer on those scriptures?

Concerning Jesus being God, John 17:3 is Ambiguous.

There is no ambiguity in John 1:1 and Heb 1:8 and Heb 1:10 and Pss 102 and Acts 20:28 and and and…

t8 as NH says, you really should let the scriptures teach you.

Thomas gives us a great example.

John seems to like it, because 3 verses after Thomas calls Jesus “Lord and Master” he indicates that these things were written that we would know Jesus is the Son of God.

CB just gave us a good one.

“For admission has been secretly gained by some who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly persons who pervert the grace of **our God** into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.”

Did you catch that t8, “Our **only** Lord and Master”.

Jude also seems to know this Jesus we preach.

Jude 1:25
    To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Hi W,
    Jesus told us the Father was the true God[Jn 17].
    He really should know.
    Do you know more?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 08 2007,13:54)
    And also talking about demolishing people themselves and insulting them, and then out of the same breath you go on to say that I am unholy and have no fruit.

I said that you will be judged by the measure you have judged me. That is in scripture. So there is no point in arguing against it.

Yes it is true that it is not becoming of holiness to say that someone is crap because they are late for any appointment. I stand by that.

BTW, I didn't say you had no fruit. I said we know them by their fruit. That is also scriptural.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 08 2007,13:54)
    I thought I would mention some of your own words.

Here is your own words to me.

Instead some people trample these precious truths using the mud of the mens doctrines.And what kind of person tramples pearls into the mud?

Here's a clue.Oink.

Is this what you call fruit?
    We are supposed to be brothers t8.

Is it appropriate to call a believer a pig?

What I said is also scripture and it was up to you whether you thought you were actually trampling on the truth. I never called you a pig. If you thought you were a pig, then that is what you thought, but I never said you were a pig.

Matthew 7:6
    “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

If a man tramples precious truths underfoot, then Matthew 7:6 is applicable even if it is given as a warning to say that you could become such if you continued in like manner. Again it is just more scripture and I should be able to quote it.

But if I called you a pig, then I think you would have reason to be angry with me. However I didn't call you a pig and my conscience wouldn't allow me to either.

Proclaimer
    Participant

WorshippingJesus, I think that your behaviour toward me wasn't a good witness and as a Christian, we should act in an excellent way, not as the world or worse.

I do not condemn you or say you are crap or your actions are crap, but I am entitled to defend myself if you bring an accusation against me and say that I am crap or have acted in a crappy way.

Also, if I quote scripture, it is up to you and your wisdom how you apply that scripture to yourself if applicable. Your wisdom here is the key as to how a scripture is interpreted in the situation it was given.

After all it is not what I think, but what God thinks. Quoting scripture is appropriate and it is up to the hearer what he does about the scripture.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 08 2007,13:20)

It is there. I guess that you didn't check.

Proclaimer
    Participant

t8

Just face it WorshippingJesus.

You don't believe what this scripture is saying.

John 17:3

By saying that Christ is claiming deity here is as good as saying I do not believe the true meaning that is presented here, i.e., that the only true God sent his son.

Sorry but you can say whatever you want and you can make it sound as intelligent as you can, but the scripture says that the only true God sent his son Jesus. It's that simple.

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2007,22:29)
    WorshippingJesus, I think that your behaviour toward me wasn't a good witness and as a Christian, we should act in an excellent way, not as the world or worse.

I do not condemn you or say you are crap or your actions are crap, but I am entitled to defend myself if you bring an accusation against me and say that I am crap or have acted in a crappy way.

Also, if I quote scripture, it is up to you and your wisdom how you apply that scripture to yourself if applicable. Your wisdom here is the key as to how a scripture is interpreted in the situation it was given.

After all it is not what I think, but what God thinks. Quoting scripture is appropriate and it is up to the hearer what he does about the scripture.

t8

You no what? I dont really care what you think about my witness.

My conscience is clear.

I am done with you, you are an expert at twisting words and then hiding behind scripture.

Here is my last word to you on this.

I wish you the very best in your walk with God and pray that God will bless you and yours abundantly with his truth and Love.

I sincerely pray that everyone on this board will see and know more truth including my self.

Someday we will all come together in unity even if its on the other side.

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2007,22:59)

t8

Just face it WorshippingJesus.

You don't believe what this scripture is saying.

John 17:3

By saying that Christ is claiming deity here is as good as saying I do not believe the true meaning that is presented here, i.e., that the only true God sent his son.

Sorry but you can say whatever you want and you can make it sound as intelligent as you can, but the scripture says that the only true God sent his son Jesus. It's that simple.

t8

Again.

In light of John 1:1 John 17:3 is ambiguous!

It does not say Jesus is not divine or that he is not deity.

So you believe your truth, and disregard John 1:1.

Or else this is your opprotunity to explain John 1:1 and your interpretation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    We should only teach what is written.
    Scripture does not say we should worship all who are called gods.
    The Father is our God and the God of the Jews and of Thomas and of Jesus.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2007,07:20)
    Hi W,

NH

If John 1:1 just “Called” Jesus God I would agree.

It says he is God!

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2007,23:38)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 03 2007,00:44)
    t8

What kind of crap is this?

You agree to certain rules and then change in the middle of the game.

You say…

You agreed to a three day time period.

You posted and Is 1:18 replied.

Then he posted and about 5 days later you say…

……………………..

Is it just me, or does it seem like Is 1:18 just got snowed?

:O  ???  ???  ???

This is what I am talking about WorshippingJesus.

Look at your attitude. It is condemning.

BTW, crap means shit and if that isn't condemning then what is it? An insult?

That's very “Christian” :(

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 06 2007,10:30)

Quote (charity @ April 05 2007,08:35)
    and then I considered maybe

this is better suites WJ

1 Cor. 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is christ, and the head of God is christ.

WorshipingJesus Is IT NOT less confussing now to just read a clear scripture that puts us all in to line and makes sence?

1 Cor. 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

The head bone connected to the neck bone,
    The neck bone connected to the back bone,

GOD BLESS YOU

Charity

Yes Jesus the Word/God took on the likness of sinfull flesh and was born a man also!

Remember, he has *ALL* authority and power at this time.

I believe that scripture was written by Paul AFTER Jesus was resurrected. Isn't Jesus God right now? :laugh: :D :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 08 2007,10:28)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2007,07:20)
    Hi W,

NH

If John 1:1 just “Called” Jesus God I would agree.

It says he is God!

Hi W,
    You poor fellow.
    I do understand your confusion.
    Ah well why don't you start all over again.

Cult Buster
    Participant

The Only True God

Since the one true God exists as a Godhead this means that the three Persons can be addressed as the only true God both individually and collectively. Putting it another way:

. The Godhead is the only true God.
    · Each specific member of the Godhead is the only true God.
    · Therefore, the members of the Godhead are the only true God, whether individually or collectively.

This is why Jesus can speak of one member of the Godhead as the only true God without this implying that the other members are not God. To make this point more clear, notice what the inspired book of Hebrews says:

“But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.’ He also says, ‘In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end.’” Hebrews 1:8-12

The Father praises his Son by calling him God, Lord, eternal King and for being the Creator and Sustainer of all creation!
    Scriptures also teaches that Jesus is the only sovereign Master and Lord:

“For admission has been secretly gained by some who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly persons who pervert the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.”

Act 15:11  But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Now does this mean that the Father is not God, sovereign Master, Lord, and the Creator of the heavens and the earth? The answer is obvious.

The Father, according to the Holy Bible, is just as much God, Master, Lord, and just as responsible for creating and sustaining the universe as the Son is.

In a similar way, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the only true God.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 946 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account