Trinity – Is 1:18's Proof Text #3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 326 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Acts 5
    ” 30The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

32And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ July 17 2007,10:16)

Psa 93:1 The LORD (Jehovah) reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD (Jehovah) is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
    Psa 93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Well, a few words in common, but there is the difference which separates them in a big way. YHWH's throne has always existed, Yeshua inherits the throne for overcoming sin and death on the cross. He has not shared the throne forever. And this “goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting” could as easily be interpreted as the plan of salvation that God has developed from before Adam. Either way, the verses distinctly speak of two separate people.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ July 17 2007,10:21)

Quote (Mr. Steve @ July 17 2007,14:09)
    Dear Cult Buster;

Are saying that Jehovah is Jesus Christ? If yes, please read new testament again. He is the Son of God. If he is the Son of God, he cannot be God, too.

Mr. Steve

Hi Mr Steve.

The Son of God is God. The Bible says so.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Are you STILL using this verse? I think we've established that this does speak of Yeshua, but the key to this verse lies in “his name shall be called”. Do I need to list all of those Hebrew names again? Jehu “he is God”. That one will do.

Since he was never called any of these, I think its fair to say that the names are symbolic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Do not expect CB to change anything.
    Many have been convinced it is a computer.
    I think he is just a little deaf and blind, strangely the very thing he says about everyone else.

Interestingly he seems to never garner any support from trintarians here
    who seem too embarrassed at his overt polytheism.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ July 17 2007,12:28)
    ·1 Timothy 2:3, “For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;”

Who is this Saviour?

. Acts 13:23, “Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:”
    · Tit 2:13 looking for the blessed hope, and the appearance of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Isa 42:20 Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.
    :O

Is the Holy Spirit our savior? Must be, you just listed a verse that says God is our savior.

If God was already savior in the OT, why would he send another “person” of Himself to become another “savior”? Was the OT God not good enough?

I think you fail to see who the source of salvation is versus the means by which God has chosen to reconcile and save us. That is His Son Yeshua.

Why was Yeshua praying to his Father? He was right there with himself, no need to pray to the Father.

Just curious, when you pray, do you pray to the Son or the Father? Or is it just to God? Why do we need to pray to God in Yeshua's name if He is the God we are praying to? Why is the separation necessary? Let me show you how Yeshua showed us to pray

Matthew 6
    6 “But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
    7 “And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. 8 “So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
    9 “Pray, then, in this way:
    ‘Our Father who is in heaven,
    Hallowed be Your name.
    10 ‘Your kingdom come.
    Your will be done,

On earth as it is in heaven.
    11 ‘Give us this day our daily bread.
    12 ‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
    13 ‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.’]

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 17 2007,13:11)
    Hi KJ,
    I think he is just a little deaf and blind, strangely the very thing he says about everyone else.

Interestingly he seems to never garner any support from trintarians here
    who seem too embarrassed at his overt polytheism.

Nick,

Yeah, he copies and pastes (usually) at least 1/4 of the Bible in each of his posts. He calls himself “CultBuster” and he seems to have a strong hatred of JWs but I'd wager than a serious JW would eat his lunch in a face to face conversation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    He has the painful, sad and lonely mission of banging his own stubborn head against the wall of truth

Proclaimer
    Participant

He claims to be a Cult Buster but promotes the doctrine of the Trinity which is the mother of all cults.

Is 1:18
    Participant

You guys are getting too personal, almost ganging up on CB:

No spamming or flooding the forums.

No abusing others.

No pushing doctrines that are not related to the topic.  (Pushing them in an appropriate topic is OK.)
    Members can be removed for such conduct.

In addition to these rules, posts will not be removed or edited if requested by members. If you post in Heaven Net, it is here to stay, and posts can be quoted in any part of the Heaven Net website.

If you wish to retract something you have said earlier, then do so by explaining it in a new post.

Most of all, enjoy yourself, search, teach, and learn about the wonders of God.

“Rules are as follows”

Attack the argument, not the person. It's the golden rule. The super admin of this site should not need to be reminded of his own rules….

charity
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 17 2007,17:32)
    You guys are getting too personal, almost ganging up on CB:

No spamming or flooding the forums.

No abusing others.

No pushing doctrines that are not related to the topic.  (Pushing them in an appropriate topic is OK.)
    Members can be removed for such conduct.

In addition to these rules, posts will not be removed or edited if requested by members. If you post in Heaven Net, it is here to stay, and posts can be quoted in any part of the Heaven Net website.

If you wish to retract something you have said earlier, then do so by explaining it in a new post.

Most of all, enjoy yourself, search, teach, and learn about the wonders of God.

“Rules are as follows”

Attack the argument, not the person. It's the golden rule. The super admin of this site should not need to be reminded of his own rules….

:laugh::Gotta luv it…Now if you had of stuck to just these words….

Attack the argument, not the person….Amen

Then you would have been found within the rules yourself?

Turn around Guys; let me take the knives out your backs :D

Is 1:18
    Participant

Okay Charity….

david
    Participant

seems to have a strong hatred of JWs but I'd wager than a serious JW would eat his lunch in a face to face conversation.

For whatever reason, he doesn't converse. He pastes. He pastes and re-pastes. He barely converses. I was once driven to repeatedly ask, beg and plead for an actual conversation where we would ask each other questions and have an actual conversation. He was too “busy” and didn't think it would be meaningful. He has his methods and reasons. But they are not really honest, in my opinion.

I was half joking when I started asking T8 if there was any way of determining if he is an actual person. It's his inability to converse or answer any questions about what he believes that made me start asking that. I don't really believe he is a computer though. But he might be.

Attack the argument, not the person. It's the golden rule.

It's just so frustrating though. He claims others are part of a cult and he is going to bust up their whatever. But he often seems zombi like in his approach. He may well know a lot about certain things, but he doesn't seem to know how to converse. It's almost as though he's been …. brain washed. He can't answer questions about what he believes. Yet, ironically, he is the cult buster.
    It is soooo frustrating.

Attack the argument, not the person. I

(I'm attacking his methods of arguing.)

david
    Participant

WJ said this:

“What is this…

NWT Acts 2:21
    And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’

KJV Acts 2:21
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord (Kurios) shall be saved.

Did they not change Lord (Kurios) to Jehovah?”

–page 6

I said this:
    You'll also find the same phrase here:

ROMANS 10:13
    “For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.””

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, YOU'LL FIND IT IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES WHERE THAT BIBLE WRITER QUOTED IT FROM, HERE:

JOEL 2:32
    “And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.”

So, they were quoting from Joel, which used God's name.

Your Bible took out God's name and replaced it with “Lord” a very deceptive thing to do that no doubt again, helps to confuse people into thinking it's talking about Jesus and helps the trinity doctrine.
    You need serious help in understanding. Please be humble.

just so i understand you, JUST SO I UNDERSTAND YOU, YOU ARE SAYING THAT WE CHANGED THE SCRIPTURE AND NOT THE MANY BIBLES ON GATEWAY?

Let's look at the WHOLE scripture and see where he's quoting from:

ACTS 2:16-21 nwt
    “On the contrary, this is what was said through the prophet Joel, ‘“And in the last days,” God says, “I shall pour out some of my spirit upon every sort of flesh, and YOUR sons and YOUR daughters will prophesy and YOUR young men will see visions and YOUR old men will dream dreams; and even upon my men slaves and upon my women slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. And I will give portents in heaven above and signs on earth below, blood and fire and smoke mist; the sun will be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the great and illustrious day of Jehovah arrives. And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’”

“THIS IS WHAT WAS SAID THROUGH THE PROPHET JOEL…”

HMMMM.

Man.

In Acts, he was clearly quoting from Joel. Where in Joel?

Let me help:

JOEL 2:32
    “And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.””

CASE CLOSED.

So, WJ accused the NWT of changing the Bible, at Acts 2:21.

I showed that it was definitely a quote from Joel where God's name does exist. Hence, God's name was originally there.

So, after WJ attacked the NWT by attempting to provide an example, I responded showing him wrong.

His response?

I will respond to your huge post later.

But I will say this…

The NWT is a corrupted version of the scriptures from hell!!

I see he still has no way of actually explaining why the NWT is corrupted, and so all he can do is say: “I'll respond later,” and more attacks without cause.

Anyone with eyes should be able to see these attacks for what they are.

WJ, I still await your response. Did those Bible writers misquote the Hebrew scriptures, taking God's name out, despite the many commands to praise Jehovah's name?

You say that the NWT is from “hell.” You quote the KJ, which I believe translates “hades (GK)” as: “pit” “hell” and “gehenna.”
    It picks and chooses how to translate that word, creating confusion.
    The NWT only transliterates that word as “hades.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ July 17 2007,21:45)
    The NWT is a corrupted version of the scriptures from hell!!”

OK, I may not agree with all that the NWT says, but then again fault can be found in any translation. I think changing YHWH for LORD is not good either.

So perhaps WJ should be fair and say that most translations are from the pit of hell. Why condemn 1 version for the same thing that other versions do in a different way?

Look at the KJV. It actually adds in verses that are not part of scripture. Is that from Hell too.

Maybe it is maybe it isn't. The point is, if his judgement is true, then it should apply to all bibles that do the same thing and I know that all bibles have faults and contain translator prejudice.

What should we expect from a race who have to contend with human nature and hordes of spiritual adversaries.

We were never promised a perfect bible. The 66 books of the bible were compiled because of Constantine.

Don't get me wrong this has worked favourably in some ways. The preservation of those 66 books for a start.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ July 17 2007,17:05)

Quote (Cult Buster @ July 17 2007,10:21)

Quote (Mr. Steve @ July 17 2007,14:09)
    Dear Cult Buster;

Are saying that Jehovah is Jesus Christ? If yes, please read new testament again.  He is the Son of God.  If he is the Son of God, he cannot be God, too.  

Mr. Steve

Hi Mr Steve.

The Son of God is God. The Bible says so.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Are you STILL using this verse? I think we've established that this does speak of Yeshua, but the key to this verse lies in “his name shall be called”. Do I need to list all of those Hebrew names again? Jehu “he is God”. That one will do.

Since he was never called any of these, I think its fair to say that the names are symbolic.

kejonn. The only thing you have established is that you can put the twist on scripture. I realise that it upsets you a lot but you have provided no sensible argument to date for the following.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
      :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    IN view of the plain evidence from scripture that Jesus is the Son of God
    how do you think this verse aligns?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 18 2007,22:24)
    Hi CB,
    IN view of the plain evidence from scripture that Jesus is the Son of God
    how do you think this verse aligns?

Hi Nick. This verse aligns as it is written without any “twist” on it. Look again! Try not to overlook unto us a son is given   The mighty God.

The Son of God is The mighty God    :O

Cult Buster
    Participant

The reason that his name shall be called, “The mighty God”, is because Jesus is The mighty God  :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Then who is the Son of God?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Psalms 82:6 (English-NIV)
    “I said, `You are “gods” (Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.'

John 10:34 (English-NIV)
    34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, `I have said you are gods (theos)'

35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—
    36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

If you can understand the above, then you can understand that Jesus is the Mighty God and his Father is the Most High God (The Almighty).

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 326 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account