Trinity – Is 1:18's Proof Text #3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 326 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

CultB.

You should only teach when you have understanding. You are responsible for that which you teach and teachers will be judged more severely.

You always quote “My Lord and my God”, but never “You are theos”. It's deceptive to only speak that which could support your view. It is more honest to quote all so that people can see the contexts it can be used in.

Not providing all the information in order to hide something is deceptive. You shouldn't be scared of any scripture.

Let's see if you can start quoting some others, especially the ones that disagree with your teachings. I highly doubt that you will be able however.

Cult Buster
    Participant

t8. Seeing that you cannot explain John 20:28, here are some others as you request.

Isa 9:6  For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

JOHN 5:17-18 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (18) Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

MATTHEW 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Compare
    Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre
    With
    Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Compare
    Psa 41:13  Blessed be the LORD (Jehovah) God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.
    With
    MICAH 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, {though} thou be little among the thousands of Judah, {yet} out of thee shall he come forth unto me {that is} to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth {have been} from of old, from everlasting.

JOHN 5:23 That all {men} should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.

JOHN 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am
    Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM   hath sent me unto you.

Compare
    1 CHRONICLES 28:9 . . . the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:
    With
    MATTHEW 9:4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
    MATTHEW 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, . . .
    REVELATION 2:23 . . . I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: . . .

Compare
    DANIEL 9:9 To the Lord our God {belong} mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
    LUKE 5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
    With
    LUKE 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
    MARK 2:5-10 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. (6) But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, (7) Why doth this {man} thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

Compare
    Isa 40:3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
    With
    Mat 3:3  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Compare
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD (Jehovah): for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
    Psa 78:35  And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
    With
    1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Mal 3:6  For I am the LORD (yhovah), I change not;
    Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

PSALM 148:1-2 Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heavens: praise him in the heights. (2) Praise ye him, all his angels : praise ye him, all his hosts.
    HEBREWS 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

DEUTERONOMY 10:17 For the Lord your God {is} God of Gods, and Lord of Lords, a great God, . . . {cf. Ps 136:2-3, 1 Tim 6:15}
    REVELATION 17:14 . . . the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: . . .{cf. Rev 19:16}

PSALM 62:12 . . . unto thee, O Lord, {belongeth} mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work. {cf. Is 40:10}
    MATTHEW 16:27 For the Son of man shall . . . reward every man according to his works.

ROMANS 7:22 . . . the law of God . . . {cf. Ps 19:7}
    GALATIANS 6:2 . . . fulfil the law of Christ.

ROMANS 8:9 . . . the Spirit of God. . .
    +ROMANS 8:9 . . . the Spirit of Christ, .. .

*TITUS 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
    +ACTS 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

*ISAIAH 43:11 I, {even} I, {am} the Lord (Jehovah); and beside me {there is} no saviour.
    *LUKE 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
    +LUKE 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    2 PETER 1:1 . . . God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
    Mat 1:21  And she shall bear a son, and you shall call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins

*ISAIAH 40:10 Behold, the Lord God will come with strong {hand}, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward {is} with him, and his work before him.
    2 THESSALONIANS 1:7-8 . . . the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, (8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Psa 50:6  And the heavens shall declare his righteousness; For God is judge himself. Selah
    Psa 7:8  The LORD (Jehovah) shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
    ECCLESIASTES 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether {it be} good or whether {it be} evil.
    JOHN 5:22,27 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son . . . (27) And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Act 7:59  And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
    Act 7:60  And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (Stephen kneeling and praying to Jesus)

Phi 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phi 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    Phi 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Joh 7:42  Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
    2Ti 2:8  Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
    Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall
    be called, THE LORD (Jehovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

COLOSSIANS 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

TITUS 2:13 awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ :O

2Pe 3:16  as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction). :O

Cult Buster
    Participant

TITUS 2:13 awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ

Amen and Amen!

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is sad that you are that brainwashed CultB.

It is up to you to come out of the Trinity Cult. No one else can make that decision. Only you can.

The Bible is a book that contains books that teach about God and how he is one and how he sent his son for our sakes.

You have turned it into a document to support your Babylonian Trinity and to turn the son into the son in appearance only as well as teaching that Jesus is the God overall.

Repenting of Babylonian doctrine is a part of the purifying process that will allow Christ to return to a bride that is without blemish.

But not all will choose to be purified. 5 virgins had oil and the other 5 didn't.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

CB;

Do you believe the Father sent Christ, or do you believe that the Father came himself? In light of the fact that you like the scriptures to do the talking for you, please post scriptures that answer this question. If you can't site a scripture, just answer in your own words what you believe the scriptures teach. You can even answer yes or no.

Incidentally, these may appear to be no brainer questions, but you might be surprised to learn how many have drifted away from these fundamental truths.

Did the Father send the Son into the world?

Was the Father in the Son when he sent the Son into the world?

Did the Father come himself into the world and was the Son?

Did the Father come in the form of his own Son, or did the Son come down from heaven?

Where did Jesus say his Father was in Mathew many times over?

What title was Jesus called by 29 different people (not joking, I counted) in the new testament?

Where did Jesus say he was returning to when he ascended up on high?

What person in the Godhead did Christ say he was returning to where he was before?

How Jehovah's did God say he was in the old testament?

Who did Jesus pray to?

How many Gods were the Jews to worship in the old testament?

Who did Jesus worship? Mathew 4

Whose commandments did Christ say he kept?

The gospel is really so simple a child could understand it. Therefore, I would seriously recommend taking these questions to a Sunday school class or a child that goes to Sunday school and ask him or her. You may be astounded at the answers. Then show the answers to your pastor and ask him to explain why we don't believe what the scriptures teach and what even a child could understand. He'll probably tell you the kids haven't been to Bible College yet, or seminary. I'm yet to meet a person that attended a seminary that wasn't filled with doctrinal confusion. Without realizing it, we miss truth because we develop a code of interpretation without plainly accepting what the scripture teach. One of the greatest prayers I've learned to pray is “Lord, show me according to your word where my beliefs are wrong that I might be enlightened and follow truth” It takes courage to pray that prayer. However, I believe from your posts that you are as bold as a lion and have the faith to pray it. God bless you.

Mr. Steve

Mr. Steve

Cult Buster
    Participant

Mr steve

One of the greatest prayers I've learned to pray is “Lord, show me according to your word where my beliefs are wrong that I might be enlightened and follow truth”

Mr Steve. If you were honestly looking for truth then you would have seen it by now. Perhaps you are under the strong delusion of 2 Thessalonians.

2 Thessalonians 2:10   And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  
     2:11   And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  
     2:12   That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  
     2:13   But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Jesus spoke of your kind which strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.

If Christ was sent by the Father. So What? This was the plan of salvation. It does not prove anything in your favor except that you can swallow a camel.

Look at what you choose to ignore! Be honest with yourself Mr Steve. You have no explanation for the following without twisting and perverting the Holy Bible.

Isa 9:6  For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

JOHN 5:17-18 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (18) Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

MATTHEW 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Compare
    Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre
    With
    Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Compare
    Psa 41:13  Blessed be the LORD (Jehovah) God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.
    With
    MICAH 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, {though} thou be little among the thousands of Judah, {yet} out of thee shall he come forth unto me {that is} to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth {have been} from of old, from everlasting.

JOHN 5:23 That all {men} should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.

JOHN 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am
    Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM   hath sent me unto you.

Compare
    1 CHRONICLES 28:9 . . . the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:
    With
    MATTHEW 9:4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
    MATTHEW 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, . . .
    REVELATION 2:23 . . . I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: . . .

Compare
    DANIEL 9:9 To the Lord our God {belong} mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
    LUKE 5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
    With
    LUKE 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
    MARK 2:5-10 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. (6) But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, (7) Why doth this {man} thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

Compare
    Isa 40:3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
    With
    Mat 3:3  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Compare
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD (Jehovah): for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
    Psa 78:35  And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
    With
    1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Mal 3:6  For I am the LORD (yhovah), I change not;
    Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

PSALM 148:1-2 Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heavens: praise him in the heights. (2) Praise ye him, all his angels : praise ye him, all his hosts.
    HEBREWS 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

DEUTERONOMY 10:17 For the Lord your God {is} God of Gods, and Lord of Lords, a great God, . . . {cf. Ps 136:2-3, 1 Tim 6:15}
    REVELATION 17:14 . . . the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: . . .{cf. Rev 19:16}

PSALM 62:12 . . . unto thee, O Lord, {belongeth} mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work. {cf. Is 40:10}
    MATTHEW 16:27 For the Son of man shall . . . reward every man according to his works.

ROMANS 7:22 . . . the law of God . . . {cf. Ps 19:7}
    GALATIANS 6:2 . . . fulfil the law of Christ.

ROMANS 8:9 . . . the Spirit of God. . .
    +ROMANS 8:9 . . . the Spirit of Christ, .. .

*TITUS 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
    +ACTS 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

*ISAIAH 43:11 I, {even} I, {am} the Lord (Jehovah); and beside me {there is} no saviour.
    *LUKE 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
    +LUKE 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    2 PETER 1:1 . . . God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
    Mat 1:21  And she shall bear a son, and you shall call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins

*ISAIAH 40:10 Behold, the Lord God will come with strong {hand}, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward {is} with him, and his work before him.
    2 THESSALONIANS 1:7-8 . . . the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, (8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Psa 50:6  And the heavens shall declare his righteousness; For God is judge himself. Selah
    Psa 7:8  The LORD (Jehovah) shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
    ECCLESIASTES 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether {it b
    e} good or whether {it be} evil.
    JOHN 5:22,27 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son . . . (27) And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Act 7:59  And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
    Act 7:60  And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (Stephen kneeling and praying to Jesus)

Phi 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phi 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    Phi 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Joh 7:42  Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
    2Ti 2:8  Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
    Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Jehovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

COLOSSIANS 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

TITUS 2:13 awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ :O

2Pe 3:16  as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction). :O

charity
    Participant

What is it to you that God elected a god amongest the gods and set him on high; is this offensive in your sight; men became as gods from the beginning; so far as I know God has not reversed this?

Psa 82:1 [[A Psalm of Asaph.]] God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.  
    Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.  
    Psa 86:8 Among the gods [there is] none like unto thee, O Lord; neither [are there any works] like unto thy works.  
    Psa 95:3 For the LORD [is] a great God, and a great King above all gods.  
    Psa 96:4 For the LORD [is] great, and greatly to be praised: he [is] to be feared above all gods.  
    Psa 96:5 For all the gods of the nations [are] idols: but the LORD made the heavens.  
    Psa 97:7 Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all [ye] gods.  
    Psa 97:9 For thou, LORD, [art] high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.  
    Psa 135:5 For I know that the LORD [is] great, and [that] our Lord [is] above all gods.  
    Psa 136:2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.
    Psa 138:1 [[[A Psalm] of David.]] I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Charity

What is it to you that God elected a god amongest the gods and set him on high; is this offensive in your sight; men became as gods from the beginning; so far as I know God has not reversed this?

Hi Charity.

Can you tell us?

Is Jesus a true God or a false God?  How many gods do you have?

charity
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Aug. 26 2007,23:21)
    Charity

Hi Charity.

Can you tell us?

Is Jesus a true God or a false God?  How many gods do you have?

Well obviously I am a female CB and I have an obligation to the God head; at the bottom of the pecking order; and females funtions on earth are not perhaps to be compared with the Mans?
    That is to give honor to the Man; having been created form man; for man; that is given to Him from God
    A woman’s voice is not designed to be heard by many men; but is designed for a man; but also if a female has not got a man; then honor can be given out;
    My God head dose not stop as Jesus being God; I do not put THE FIRST Man Made in the image of God as the creator of all things; as it is said many times by Christ; he is performing the will of God on earth; so for me to put him before the one and only God he serves; is to make him and Idol and a Image set up as God; provoking God to anger;
    May his name be sanctified in all the earth; and Jesus Name lifted higher; drawing all things to Him.

charity
    Participant

John seems to know he is a god in his own right; and that the scriptures have been dilivered to us by gods
    Jhn 10:34  Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    Jhn 10:35  If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

This Man made him self and Idol using this althority as his right; that he destroyed and made the earth desolate; a graven and abonable branch grafting himself; and at the end of this; the Nations should be looking back to see how it was done; maybe not forward to man in the future;as he probley has convince us towards the future;in all crafty ness; that even if so the elect may be decived by its clever twisted way.Even that his set up deeds may go unoticed not be revealed and while he preform the work of his given time;

Isa 14:16  They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    17  [That] made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; [that] opened not the house of his prisoners? (wherefore christ opened the prison; he appeared to slam closed the door from the inside)
    18  All the kings of the nations, [even] all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
    19  But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, [and as] the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Now if I have to have long hair; to move behind the men that have purpose to open the prison door; removing the One that has made himself an idol in the position against Christ
    Then I lift my voice in praise and honor before God; and follow close the men that follow after His Son Christ Jesus; whom is the mediator between God and men; who has made himself subject to God ;who then is all an all for me; and christ shall be called the God of the earth on his throne; King of Kings and Lord of Lords under the God that is the God of the heavens and earth.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Aug. 26 2007,23:21)
    Is Jesus a true God or a false God? How many gods do you have?

Can you answer the following question.

Are sons of the Most High God, true theos or a false theos?

No matter what you answer it will condemn your point of view.
    Therefore your point of view and question needs to be redefined.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

CB;

As usual you can't answer my questions. I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and was with God the Father before the world was. Do you?

If the answer is yes, what's the problem?

You're quick to throw accusations, but slow to spot any error to support your railing. Lets see if we can reason.

Was Christ sent from the Father?

Is Christ the Son of God?

Did Christ return to heaven where he said he was before?

If you answer yes to these three questions then we agree on three very important issues.

There comes a time when we should remember we're on the same side.

God Bless

Steven

Cult Buster
    Participant

Mr Steve.

Just so that you know who the Son is.

Jesus is the Mighty God. Worship Him!  :O

charity
    Participant

Where is kejonn???

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Isaiah;

Where in John 1:1 do you see the name of Jesus, Son of God, etc? The word is the seed of God. It is inextricably a part of God yet distinct just as an apples seeds are a part of the apple yet distinct. Verse 2 “The same was in the beginning with God”, is very critical in understanding verse 1. Through all your Greek you have lost the essence of the scripture.

Take Care

Steven

Mr. Steve
    Participant

CB;

When you say Christ is the Mighty God, do you mean he is the Father whom Jesus referred to as his God? Where did Jesus get his names? I'll give the answer to you, from the Father. The new testament is the fulness of the Godhead in Christ, the exaltation of Christ. If all the names were given to him than he must not of had the names prior otherwise it would not have been necessary to give him the names. Jesus said all things have been given to me of my Father. All includes many names. Do you know what name Christ is referred to as many times more than any other name in the Bible? Just so you know-Son of God. But thanks for the message to worship Christ because I do with all my heart everyday. I just know that he's not the Father.

Steven

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (Mr. Steve @ Aug. 29 2007,14:33)
    Isaiah;

Where in John 1:1 do you see the name of Jesus, Son of God, etc?  The word is the seed of God.  It is inextricably a part of God yet distinct just as an apples seeds are a part of the apple yet distinct.  Verse 2 “The same was in the beginning with God”, is very critical in understanding verse 1.  Through all your Greek you have lost the essence of the scripture.

Take Care

Steven

Hi Mr Steve.

It is very clear that “the Word” in John 1:1 refers to Jesus who is God.

Verse 14 makes it clear.

Why not just accept this wonderful truth.

……………. and the Word was God…………….

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Mr Steve

CB;

When you say Christ is the Mighty God, do you mean he is the Father whom Jesus referred to as his God?

Hi Mr Steve.

I am saying that the Son (Jesus) is the Mighty God.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Aug. 28 2007,06:17)
    Where is kejonn???

Kejonn is in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico on a cruise ship :cool: . We have a day at sea before we dock tomorrow morning so I thought I'd purchase some internet minutes and catch up on some stuff. Beyond that though, I've already addressed Isaiah 9:6 on numerous occasions, but CB chooses to ignore it so I'll not try again.

But as a short answer “name shall be called” is not the same as “shall be called”. Is YHWH's name “God”? I don't think so…therefore, no proof whatsoever of Yahshua's divinity in Is 9:6.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Wow Kejonn have a good time.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 326 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account