Trinity inquiry to author

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mommyedie
    Participant

I enjoyed your 12 part thesis on the Father being God, and Jesus being “lesser”. But you brought up a scripture to which I would ask, are women “lesser” than men? In your own paper, you compare the headship of Christ and God to that of man and woman. Also…please explain the reason Jesus said these…If you've seen me, you've seen the Father. And Before the world began, I AM….and the prayer for us to be one even as He and the Father are ONE. Would you please clarify these? I really track with the paper you wrote…these are my only issues at this point…so far. Thanks.

Anonymous

Dear Mommyedie

Women are not lesser than men.  We are supposed to honor our husbands and let them be the head of the household.  But they are supposed to take care of us and cherish us.

You were right on track with your trinity question.  God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all one and equal.  They deserve the same amount of respect and worship too.  The trinity has always exisited and it was God the Son that created the earth, that's what that quote ment.

Hope I've helped you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi sam,
    I have searched the bible for

God the Son
    and
    God the Holy Spirit
    and trinity

but cannot find them anywhere.

Can you show me where they are?

Or perhaps they are not revealed in scripture and men have gotten into presumption? Naughty boys.

WhiteMateria
    Participant

Quote (mommyedie @ May 03 2005,13:55)
    I enjoyed your 12 part thesis on the Father being God, and Jesus being “lesser”. But you brought up a scripture to which I would ask, are women “lesser” than men? In your own paper, you compare the headship of Christ and God to that of man and woman. Also…please explain the reason Jesus said these…If you've seen me, you've seen the Father. And Before the world began, I AM….and the prayer for us to be one even as He and the Father are ONE. Would you please clarify these? I really track with the paper you wrote…these are my only issues at this point…so far. Thanks.

I will answer one quesiton you have. The verse you ask about actually says that husbands are over their wives. It does not say that men are over women. I hope this clears up confusion.

Cubes
    Participant

1 Cor 11:3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God….

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man is not from woman, but woman from man. 9 Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man. 10 For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord. 12 For as woman came from man, even so man also comes through woman; but all things are from God.

Dianalevich
    Participant

Cubes I just had to say a BIG AMEN to the verse you posted! GBU!

Proclaimer
    Participant

We know that the woman came from man and man came from God, but through Christ. As all things were created through Christ. God come from no one because he is not an image, rather the original.

God > Christ > Man > Woman

I even think woman means 'from man'.

Here's the thing though. It says that in Christ there is no longer male or female. It also says that husbands and wives should submit to one another. And yes woman came from man, but now man is born through woman.

At the end of the day man is not better than woman. I do not see that in scripture. The reference with God > Christ > Man > Woman is in the line of source in the Trinity writing and is used to show that just as woman is different to man, so is Christ different to God.

We must remember that God made man (mankind) male and female and in his own image. So is one part of God better than another? Surely not. For together male and female make a fuller image of God, than just male or female on their own.

I hope this helps.

Cubes
    Participant

It helps t8, and he did declare them as “good” when the work was done and blessed them both, so it is not a matter of inferiority or superiority.

But Diane, they were here first–like it or not! I know you understand. You sound like you do.
    :D

Dianalevich
    Participant

Hi Cubes!  It is my God given role to obey my husband, as he obeys Yeshua and Yeshua obeys our heavenly Father.  Very often tho, I run into men and women who have no understanding of biblical submissiveness –  a joke between my husband and I is that whenever I question his authority (and yes, I have my moments –  he runs to the bible to pull out his favorite verse (Col. 3:18) actually I am just playing a bit here. But imagine if men and women truly understood their God giving roles in marriages, I wonder what would become of the divorce rate then.  GBU and Happy Jesus Day!  Peace, Diana  :D

(I know this is a bit off the Trinity topic –  :p )

Cubes
    Participant

Forgive me, Diana, I have been misspelling your name all over this forum. I've got it now.
    Yeah, Col 3:18 comes in pret`ty handy! The poor babies.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account