Trinity Doctrine development

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

“To enforce the decisions (about the trinity) of the Council of Nicea, Constantine commanded, with the death penalty for disobedience…….”– A History of Christianity Volume 1 1997, Kenneth Scott Latourette

“The day was to come when the Nicene party won out completely and then the emperors, who wished to prevent any more such quarrels, decreed that one who denied the Trinity should be put to death.”-The Church of our Fathers – 1950, pg. 46

One can't help but wonder what role in the development of the trinity this “believe it or die” factor played into it.

WHat with all the weed like Christians that had infiltrated true Christianity, it's not hard to imagine them being swayed and fearful of this proclamation.

If there was any question: Trinity…no trinity, I wonder how the “believe it or we'll kill you” played into it.

Anonymous

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 15 2006,15:49)
    Hi Nick:

Acts 4:12 states: “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”.

Faith in that name must be in a person's heart before he is baptized in water.   If it is there, it does not matter whether the person doing the baptizing says I baptize you in the “name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost or simply in the name of Jesus as the apostles did in the Acts of the apostles.  As I have shown the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost is “Jesus” which means “Jehovah is salvation”.

It is evident that Yeshua (Jesus) means Yahweh (Jehovah) is salvation, because Yeshua is Yahweh.

Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
    Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely; and this is his name whereby he shall be called: Jehovah our righteousness. (ASV)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi nany,
    Of course Jesus and Joshua are the same name so is Joshua God too. Wait. There are many more who have names that describe our God too and they also must be considered for this elevation to such status.

Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account