Trinitarianism versus Tritheism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    olive
    Participant

I believe you also confuse Trinitarianism with tritheism. There are completely two different things. When we use the word “person” you think we are tritheists. We are not.

I need some help here, this is the first time a catholic has brought this to me, but I am not seeing a difference.

Could anyone help out here.

Thanks much.

Blessings and love

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi olive,
    Three gods = polytheism.
    Many say they worship three deities = one God.
    But if trinity theory espouses all as one God they deny the Son of God.

olive
    Participant

Hey Nick,

Wikipedia

Tritheism is the belief that there are three distinct, each powerful gods, who form a triad.

In Christianity, the doctrine of the Trinity states that God is one being who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons: the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus of Nazareth), and the Holy Spirit.

Athanasian Creed:

15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;

16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.

Do you see a difference in their meanings? Which do you see to catergorize them as ?

I know they are in babylonian, feasting at a table of three. But I truly cannot see the difference in the two.

blessings and love

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi olive,
    They usually take very seriously the challenge of polytheism but any promotion of individual deities leads very obviously to it.

olive
    Participant

Hey Nick,

You know at times, there are 'babes' in Christ, I think this is one of those times, what you write, will not help me bring this man out of babylonian.

I want him to worship in spirit and truth, need scripture, need him lifted in prayer.

Not treated as chattle.

Anyone else?

blessings and love.

Not3in1
    Participant

Olive – God is the one who calls and leads his children out of this place you refer to. Sometimes we are only a voice to share the truth. Convincing others of the truth is God's job. Rest in knowing that God loves this person, and he wants him to come to the saving knowlege of Jesus, his beloved Son.

I would just bring simple scriptures to his/her attention and leave it there. 1 Cor. 8:6 and John 17:3 are straight forward scriptures to start with. Hope this helps a little? :)

olive
    Participant

notthreeinone,

Have you ever spoken to a life long catholic? do you understand how deep deception they are in?

How far will you go to bring someone to Christ? When is it time to shake the dust off of our cloaks ?

blessings and love

Not3in1
    Participant

One of my best friends is Catholic. Believe me, I feel your desire to help them be free. But you know, they have to want to be free. We cannot make anyone accept the gift that is found in Jesus Christ. We cannot make anyone give up their traditions and rituals. Only God can call them out.

I have left it here – I have shared with my friend that Jesus told us how to pray (and he didn't give us permission to pray to anyone but the Father); I share with her the scriptures surrounding God being the only true God (and not three persons in one God); I have also shared that Jesus is our Mediator between us and God, and that there is no need for the Pope! These are points she is willing to discuss. I leave it up to her to ask me questions. All other times, I show her the joy that is within me; the freedom that I have in Christ; and I love her…….right where she is.

We are all on a trek for truth, and we are all at different stages of accepting teaching/truth from God.

If you are forcing the conversation/debate with this person – nothing good will come of it. If you feel their heart is leaning towards yours, then pray God will open their eyes as you lovingly show them scriptures.

Wisdom from heaven is first of all, peace loving :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Sharing is fine here.
    But teaching is held up to the light of scripture.
    Precious souls can lose their way so easily and the whore is so subtle is her seductions.

kenrch
    Participant

When the fruit is ripe then it will be picked.  You can water the fruit so it will slowly ripen.  No one comes to Jesus unless the Father draws them.

Joh 6:37  All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Joh 6:44  No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Not to worry everyone will be informed to make the choice.  No fruit will be left on the tree.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,
    When in Rome…..

Sometimes sharing is a way to get your foot in the door. If you come right out of the gate quoting scripture, it has been my experience that many will shut their ears. However, I have been priviledged to bring many to the saving knowlege of Christ (through scripture) by first being their friends.

There is a saying that goes like this:

If you want me to care about what you know – I first have to know that you care!

:)

Participant

Hi Olive:

I was raised Catholic and I have several family members who are Catholic, and so, I know of their deep deception.  They are loyal to the Pope.

I believe that the best way to bring them out of Babylonia is to pray that God will do all in his power to save them, and then to live your life as an example so that they can see the love of God manifest through your life and want what you have.  You can not teach some one unless they want to be taught.

And if they do want to hear, God has taught me to approach some one with whom I differ in the understanding of scripture not by telling them that they are wrong because if you tell them they will take a defensive attitude, but by telling them that you have a different understanding on the scripture or scriptures or doctrines in question.

I hope this helps.  God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You would surely acknowledge that with three deities you are more of a tritheist than a trinitarian?

olive
    Participant

The question I did ask, was if the spirit spoke to you, and you went to scripture and it was confirmed, then you went to the advent and they stated that it was a lie, where would your loyality lie. Christ or Catholic ?

They have not answered yet.

I feel deep in my spirit, that they know the truth, but don't want to leave, that it would be a betrayal to something that has been so stead fast in their lives.

I agree prayer and fasting is needed.

Thank you for your response.

blessings and love

olive
    Participant

Hey Nick,

First off, I ask for forgiveness.

Second, I took the words that you wrote, the only addition was quotation marks were added, and NH attached.

Now, I am heretic status, and he has decided not to speak to me.

blessings and love

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (olive @ May 25 2007,11:07)
    Hey Nick,

First off, I ask for forgiveness.

Second, I took the words that you wrote, the only addition was quotation marks were added, and NH attached.  

Now, I am heretic status, and he has decided not to speak to me.

blessings and love

Oli, did you plant a seed with your friend. May be say fellowship with Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

We only follow instruction. OH!:

Jam 4:13 Come now, ye that say, To-day or to-morrow we will go into this city, and spend a year there, and trade, and get gain:

Jam 4:14 whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. What is your life? For ye are a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

olive
    Participant

Thank you Brother Ken,

I know we are not chosen by what church we attend, we are chosen because YAH loves us.

blessings and love.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account