Tradition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 16 2006,01:33)
    Hey Robyn †.

Why don't you pray that God would give us all the wisdom to know the truth as he has revealed in scripture.

That would be more effective than asking God to sway us to your way of thinking.

Sure..I can do that. You should talk to a Priest who could really help you in understanding the gospel of Jesus Christ our Savior.

kenrch
    Participant

Hi Robyn,

The problem is that men started their own tradition even in Christ time.

Mar 7:7 But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men.
    Mar 7:8 Ye leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 16 2006,01:42)
    Hi Robyn,

The problem is that men started their own tradition even in Christ time.

Mar 7:7  But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men.
    Mar 7:8  Ye leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men.

What exactly do you feel is wrong with tradition? In my Church, the scriptures and tradition work together and are interwoven and cannot be separated.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    I too was catholic and know the deceit they use to control their members.
    Remember that if they have not obeyed Jesus and been reborn themselves then these self important people who would have you follow them and their traditions are not yet members of the church of God so how can they be leaders within it?
    The blind who follow the blind finish up in a pit with them.
    Tradition, at best, is fossilised habit and not life.

Break free as the security they offer does not last but we can have safety in Jesus forever.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 16 2006,01:51)
    Hi Robyn,
    I too was catholic……

Oh Nick…what are you doing? This is your salvation we are talking about. It is not too late. Come back.

kenrch
    Participant

As you can see Christ didn't like the traditions of men. Today's church has their tradition handed down from mostly pagan worship. Such as the Trinty and other traditions they call Christian but stem from pagan religions.

It's best to let the Holy Spirit guide you to all truth.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things soever he shall hear, these shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,01:54)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 16 2006,01:51)
    Hi Robyn,
    I too was catholic……

Oh Nick…what are you doing?  This is your salvation we are talking about.  It is not too late.  Come back.

Hi Robyn,
    Should I be like the sow who goes back to roll in the mud?
    Or the dog who returns to his vomit?
    Surely not.

Tradition is not of faith but claims to rule over faith.
    Scripture tells us whatever is not of faith is of sin.
    Why recrucify the Son of God?

Robyn †
    Participant

I don't know what to say Nick. You seem like such a nice guy who only lost his faith. It is not too late. I can help you get into contact with someone from our Church.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    No I am a man who has dug deeper than the superficial and sandy tradition and built my faith on rock, the Word of God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Robyn †

You need to come out of the influence of Babylon.

God is going to destroy her with fire in 1 day.

Come out lest you partake of her sins and judgement.

Jeremiah 51:6-8
    6 “Flee from Babylon!
    Run for your lives!
    Do not be destroyed because of her sins.
    It is time for the LORD's vengeance;
    he will pay her what she deserves.

7 Babylon was a gold cup in the LORD's hand;
    she made the whole earth drunk.
    The nations drank her wine;
    therefore they have now gone mad.

8 Babylon will suddenly fall and be broken.
    Wail over her!…

Revelation 18:2-8
    2 With a mighty voice he shouted:
    “Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!
    She has become a home for demons
    and a haunt for every evil spirit,
    a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.
    3 For all the nations have drunk
    the maddening wine of her adulteries.
    The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
    and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
    “Come out of her, my people,
    so that you will not share in her sins,
    so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
    5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
    and God has remembered her crimes.
    6 Give back to her as she has given;
    pay her back double for what she has done.
    Mix her a double portion from her own cup.
    7 Give her as much torture and grief
    as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
    In her heart she boasts,
    'I sit as queen; I am not a widow,
    and I will never mourn.'
    8 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
    death, mourning and famine.
    She will be consumed by fire,
    for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.

Robyn †
    Participant

Gee t8…you sound like I am taking the express fright train to hell. Wow..your an Administrator too. It is probably just you 3 running the Forum here. I bet not too many people stay very long.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I would never say you are going to hell.

I am saying that God will destroy Babylon and her influence.
    We as Christians are told to come out of her for our own good.

If people leave this Board then that is OK. Jesus let 500 walk away from him once. It is not about quantity or a unity based on appeasement. It is about being in the light or rejecting it.

John 3:19
    This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

The foundation that we build on is what is important, for it is that foundation that keeps us safe. A foundation built on sand will not stand.

But if someone builds their house on the sand then I will encourage them to build on the rock.

The truth is greater than anyone of us. A servant is not greater than his master. I am on a journey like anyone else.

I encourage you to remove the shackles of tradition and clothe yourself in the truth.

For those who are led by the Spirit of truth are the sons of God.

Romans 8:14
    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Robyn †
    Participant

Well..I guess 1.2 billion Roman Catholics are wrong. Christ himself promised that our Church would never fail and the gates of hell shall never prevail against it. Matt 16:18 I guess if you can't believe Christ himself…who would you believe?

Proclaimer
    Participant

All men are wrong. All have fallen short of the glory of God.
    Not one of us is the truth.

Jesus is the truth.

We are to follow him, not men.

Truth is confirmed in scripture. That is why assumptions and traditions that have no scriptural backing remain assumptions and traditions.

There are also a lot of other denominational Christians too. All denominations differ and many like to believe they are the truth. But Jesus is the truth. JWs, Mormons, Catholics, and others claim exclusivity or have done. They are not all right are they?

The influence of Babylon is great. She has made the whole world drunk. The whole world is pretty big wouldn't you say?

Robyn †
    Participant

Okay…we all have faults and are not perfect. God made us that way. Why would Jesus lie to use knowing that we would fail in his church in Matt 16:18?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,03:46)
    Well..I guess 1.2 billion Roman Catholics are wrong.  Christ himself promised that our Church would never fail and the gates of hell shall never prevail against it. Matt 16:18  I guess if you can't believe Christ himself…who would you believe?

Hi Robyn t,
    Popularity is no guide to security. There are two roads and one of them is certainly more popular but only the narrow one is helpful.
    When we meet the Lord it will not be in the presence of the popes and bishops but him alone and it is to him that we must give account for the short opportunity that is the gift of natural life.
    It is in following him we are safe and the path is not hard and neither is the burden heavy. It is his teachings that will stand but not the dogmas and traditions of men.

We want to welcomed into his arms and not told
    “I do not know you”

Look again at what Jesus said to Peter.
    Jesus was excited that the Holy Spirit was manifesting in one of his disciples and thus the first stone suitable for laying in the new building of God was ready. Jesus is the foundation stone for this temple and now Peter was producing the fruit of the Spirit through the words of his mouth. Other fruit also manifested moments later and had to be dealt with but the Church foundation was able to be begun.

Matt 16.15f
    ” 15He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

16Simon Peter answered, “You are (A)the Christ, (B)the Son of ©the living God.”

17And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, (D)Simon Barjona, because (E)flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

18″I also say to you that you are (F)Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of (G)Hades will not overpower it.

19″I will give you (H)the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and (I)whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

And he said similar things to the rest of the disciples later in Matt 18.18
    ” 18″Truly I say to you, (E)whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.

19″Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, (F)it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.

20″For where two or three have gathered together in My name, (G)I am there in their midst.”

The catholic church was not that building. Here is the building that Jesus was beginning to build.

Eph 2.19 -23
    ” 19So then you are no longer (A)strangers and aliens, but you are (B)fellow citizens with the saints, and are of ©God's household,

20having been (D)built on (E)the foundation of (F)the apostles and prophets, (G)Christ Jesus Himself being the (H)corner stone,

21(I)in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into (J)a holy temple in the Lord,

22in whom you also are being (K)built together into a (L)dwelling of God in the Spirit.”

And here all the apostles are seen as part of that building
    Rev 21.14
    ” 14And the wall of the city had (A)twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the (B)twelve apostles of the Lamb. “

If you think Peter was made a vicar of Christ then look at the vist of Paul and Barnabas to the church leadership in Acts 15 and again check Galatians where Paul had to rebuke Peter and you will see he was not infallible.

He was just the first stone ready.
    You too can be such a stone laid on the only foundation stone approved by God
    1Peter 2.4f.
    ” 4And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been (A)rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God,
    5(B)you also, as living stones, are being built up as a ©spiritual house for a holy (D)priesthood, to (E)offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

6For this is contained in Scripture:
            “(F)BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHOICE STONE, A (G)PRECIOUS CORNER stone,
            AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.”

7(H)This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve,
            “(I)THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS (J)REJECTED,
            THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,”

Bless you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,02:44)
    Gee t8…you sound like I am taking the express fright train to hell.  Wow..your an Administrator too.  It is probably just you 3 running the Forum here.  I bet not too many people stay very long.

Hi Robyn t,
    It is no fluke that your train stopped here.
    You do not need to reboard immediately so spend some time and invest in your personal future by letting us show you what we have learned here. You do have the choice of getting back on that train and being at the mercy of the driver and just go where those tracks lead but the guidebook does say we should walk from here.

We need to be equipped with boots and equipment of all sorts and to take our own map and compass as the path is narrow and can be a little steep in places. You will not be alone and the present darkness will pass and the light become more apparent the further we travel.

You have nothing to lose and that engine driver does look a little shady with a smirk on his face. I do not think you should trust him but rather the shepherd we know.

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Robyn †,

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,13:04)
    Okay…we all have faults and are not perfect. God made us that way. Why would Jesus lie to use knowing that we would fail in his church in Matt 16:18?

The gates of hell cannot prevail against the Church.

The Church exists to this day as it did back in the first century.

The Church isn't any denomination and not one denomination existed from the first century to this day.

Rather the true Church is made up of living stones, i.e., people filled with God's spirit. We make up the temple that God indwells.

Are we followers of Peter, Paul, or Christ?
    Is Christ divided?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,18:04)
    Okay…we all have faults and are not perfect.  God made us that way.  Why would Jesus lie to use knowing that we would fail in his church in Matt 16:18?

Hi Robyn,
    The church has not failed and it is still alive and preaching his truth, but it is not a huge denomination. It is a liitle flock that God knows that obey the one He sent.

The rest is religious flim flam, smoke and mirrors.

Will there be faith on earth when he returns?

Will he exult in your formal rituals and masses where he is recrucified daily??

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 16 2006,23:26)

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 16 2006,18:04)
    Okay…we all have faults and are not perfect.  God made us that way.  Why would Jesus lie to use knowing that we would fail in his church in Matt 16:18?

Hi Robyn,
    The church has not failed and it is still alive and preaching his truth, but it is not a huge denomination. It is a liitle flock that God knows that obey the one He sent.

The rest is religious flim flam, smoke and mirrors.

Will there be faith on earth when he returns?

Will he exult in your formal rituals and masses where he is recrucified daily??

Amen! WIDE is the path to damnation, wide enough to hold billions of people.  Jesus will put them in bundels.

Mat. 13:30
    together until the harvest: and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather up first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them; but gather the wheat into my barn.

Bundles from the Mother to the daughters.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account