Tradition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 24 2007,18:59)
    Hi Nick.
        Sorry, I meant your third line, “The spirit led Him to broaden the initial mission”, was not what scriptue says.  Please give the scripture that says this.

Blessings.

Nick.
    Still no scripture????

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Are you offering the gentiles another different gospel from the one preached by Jesus?
    Gal 1

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    When Jesus said, “I was not commissioned except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel”, did He just say this for nothing, not really meaning it? Was this statement just a figment of your imagination, not to be believed, but actually denying this fact and applying your own meaning as you do? Why do we read scripture, why not write your own as you do, correcting Christ, and write your own interpetation of His words?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I agree.
    God is fair and gracious.
    Christ was sent to the lost sheep as they are the chosen people.
    Then God sent the same invitation to the gentiles as Christ worked through Paul and the apostles to unite all men in him.
    Most will not enter that gate.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    You say, “Christ worked through Paul”, wrong again, See Ro.15:15-16 below:

15 Yet more daringly do I write to you, in part, as prompting you, because of the grace being given to me (Paul) from God,
    16 for me to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.
    Notice that it was God Who chose Paul to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Indeed Paul, indwelled, empowered and led by the Spirit of Christ, was made an evangelist for the nations and a few responded to the message and joined the saints of God.
    He later wrote to them.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    “Paul empowered by the spirit of Christ”? More of 'Nicks gospel', not biblical.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Paul went further.
    Gal 2
    “20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. “

We must respond to the grace of God.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Christ dwells in all those called into the body of Christ, this is what Paul is speaking about, he was called by God as an apostle to the Nations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    How does one enter the body of Christ?
    Are all in it inspired by the Spirit of God?
    1Cor 12
    “2Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14For the body is not one member, but many. “

Not3in1
    Participant

Are all traditions bad or pagen?

I thought I would “bump” this topic and see if there is any interest in discussing what other's have found to be “pagen” in nature that we accept readily as TRADITION. I'd be interested to know sources of information claiming a tradition is pagen. Thanks.

michaels
    Participant

why cant there be three in one,did god not make two into one gen 2 :24and they shall be one flesh,hmmm are they realy one flesh ?me see two,so are you saying god is lying,for he said one,we see two!!!!are we blind ?did not three men apear to abraham, yet only one GOD, is abram giving us a clue,hmmm. is this his tittle (one) GOD? 1kings 12:30 and this thing became a sin for the people went to worship before the one,even unto dan.is this beyond GOD that he is one,and yet three,hmmm GOD never changes he is the same yesterday ,today,and forever. its men who try to change him,trying to say this is GOD, and put him in a box. he can apear in any form,or many forms, why try to limit GOD ? and just as he can make two one flesh,he is one with jesus,and the holy spirit. yet when we saw GOD he dident show us any form that we might say this is what GOD is ,or looks like,but instead he showed us his womb growing,and in his womb was and is jesus ,and jesus filled the whole sky,and he had a crown on his head,GODs glory ,and the light from this glory went out in all directions.then the earth around us started to praise him,and we heard the most beatiful praise,then we began to praise him also,.for jesus showed us the father,but the father showed us the son.me do believe they are one,and there is only one GOD.does it not say in isaiah 9:6 that jesus will be called the everlasting father, allmighty GOD, etc…by praiseing JESUS,you are praiseing GOD,for jesus,is seated in GODs glory,and all glory belongs to GOD.is jesus GOD ? me dont know for sure.but he is one with the father!!!!!as we should be one with him, all he wants is for us to come to him!!!

michaels
    Participant

Nick.
    You say, “Christ worked through Paul”, wrong again, See Ro.15:15-16 below:

15 Yet more daringly do I write to you, in part, as prompting you, because of the grace being given to me (Paul) from God,
    16 for me to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.
    Notice that it was God Who chose Paul to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations

hi chosen one ,you say in verse 16 (evangel) of god, is paul the same angle who decieved eve in the garden, this term ev angel ist did jesus callhis 12 by this,and if he is the same angle from the begining,what ,or who is on his list,his childern,hmm for jesus said we are either children of god, or of the devil.

Debra
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 17 2007,18:48)

I thought I would “bump” this topic and see if there is any interest in discussing what other's have found to be “pagen” in nature that we accept readily as TRADITION. I'd be interested to know sources of information claiming a tradition is pagen. Thanks.

Hi N31
    When you look at traditions…things handed down, be it by family or church and when you have an understanding of what God is saying through His Word, it makes clear what is pagan tradition and what is God's Law. I think the tradition of Halloween although not real big in my country is an obvious not of God, nor Christmas or Easter for that matter, but remembering the great deceiver satan he will copy whatever God does.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Debra @ Aug. 18 2007,19:02)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 17 2007,18:48)

I thought I would “bump” this topic and see if there is any interest in discussing what other's have found to be “pagen” in nature that we accept readily as TRADITION.  I'd be interested to know sources of information claiming a tradition is pagen.  Thanks.

Hi N31
    When you look at traditions…things handed down, be it by family or church and when you have an understanding  of what God is saying through His Word, it makes clear what is pagan tradition and what is God's Law. I think the tradition of Halloween although not real big in my country is an obvious not of God, nor Christmas or Easter for that matter, but remembering the great deceiver satan he will copy whatever God does.

That is interesting. So is Sunday worship pagan? Was it a pagan day before Constantine and the RCC “made it Christian”.

Just as worship of the sun god on DEC 25th? And the worship of the god of fertility Istar or Easter?

Debra
    Participant

Hello Kenrch

I think you will find there is a pagan god worshiped on every day of the week.
    Satan always presents a counterfeit to everything God made Holy, this is why there is so much confusion within the churches, people are hoodwinked, pastors are deceived, we have to be discerning when it comes to what we except is from God,and even then there is division amongst us still, some say Saturday others from Friday till Sunday, and the mainstream Sunday.
    Having said all that I as yet haven't set one full day aside just for God, I include Him in everyday. I know Kenrch you will probably show me scriptures that support what you believe, and I appreciate that someone else might present their evidence in Scripture to support what they believe, I appreciate that also.
    Who is right and who is wrong? I don't know both are as strong as each other.
    I'm still waiting for that revelation, so until I can be certain I can't just pick one for myself so I'll stay with how it is for me at the moment, I have been praying about this for months and will continue to pray.
    God bless.

michaels
    Participant

Not3in1
    how about going to church? if GOD cant go into a building made with human hands,for our hands defile it.who is it they worship in these buildings.

Debra
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 19 2007,16:19)

Not3in1
    how about going to church? if GOD cant go into a building made with human hands,for our hands defile it.who is it they worship in these buildings.

Hello Michaels
    Why can't God go into a building made with human hands?
    This is new to me have I missed something.a
    God is in my house, isn't he in yours?
    A Church isn't the building a Church is a body of Believers gathered together be it outdoors or indoors God is present where His children gather in His Name.
    God bless

michaels
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2007,02:48)

I thought I would “bump” this topic and see if there is any interest in discussing what other's have found to be “pagen” in nature that we accept readily as TRADITION.  I'd be interested to know sources of information claiming a tradition is pagen.  Thanks.

how do you get the white box around a quote

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 19 2007,16:19)

Not3in1
    how about going to church?  if GOD cant go into a building made with human hands,for our hands defile it.who is it they worship in these buildings.

Hi Michaels,

Good question. I'm not positive what you are getting at though? Are you trying to say that churches (organized religion/buildings) are pagen in nature?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account