Tradition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Jesus was sent to the chosen people but his mission was more expansive.
    Jn 12
    ” 20And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast:

21The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.

22Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.

23And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

25He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

26If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

27Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

28Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

29The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

30Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”

Lk 16
    ' 16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”

chosenone
    Participant

So Jesus was lying when He said “I was not commisioned except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel”?

Blessings.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 23 2007,01:47)
    So Jesus was lying when He said “I was not commisioned except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel”?

Blessings.

NO! We are grafted into Israel (Rom. chapter 11).

The first, the 12 tribes of Israel will be last to accept Jesus. The last, we Gentiles are the first to accept Jesus save the few Jews that have had their eyes opened.

At the end Israel will accept Jesus. Israel is the root we are WILD branches. Please read Rom. chapter eleven.

Rom 11:24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Rom 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own conceits, I want you to understand this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

IHN&L,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    Not at all-he is truth.
    He learned by obedience.
    The Spirit led him to broaden the initial mission.

chosenone
    Participant

Not ehat scripture says.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Hebrews 5:8
    Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Sorry, I meant your third line, “The spirit led Him to broaden the initial mission”, was not what scriptue says. Please give the scripture that says this.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The response to the greeks and the healing of the Syrophoenician woman's daughter come to mind, but you exclude these don't you.

kenrch
    Participant

Who was Jesus speaking of when he spoke of another fold?

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
    Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
    Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    I would suggest that they are the sheep of Mt25, sheep of mercy, who do not even realise they are sheep.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 24 2007,19:15)
    Hi CO,
    The response to the greeks and the healing of the Syrophoenician woman's daughter come to mind, but you exclude these don't you.

Hi Nick.
    You haven't answered my question. What scripture?

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick?

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 23 2007,05:29)

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    Not at all-he is truth.
    He learned by obedience.
    The Spirit led him to broaden the initial mission.

Hi Nick.
    You say “The spirit led Him (Jesus) to broaden the initial mission”.
    I'm still waiting for you to quote me the scripture that says this.

Blessings.

Not3in1
    Participant

I recently read part of the the new book out by the Pope. He said that the “historical” Jesus portrait in the gospels has been veiled by traditions of men……very interesting indeed (especially from a Catholic)!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Your ears are attuned to hear only what they wish to hear and your eyes to read only what they wish to see, and so I have no wish to feed your delusion.

Mt22
    “2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

4Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

5But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

6And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

7But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

9Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

10So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

11And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Ho Hum…To the Jews while still under the “law”, their entrance to the kingdom depended on their “works”. God has now set them aside, (see Acts) and turned to the Gentiles, no longer under the law, but under “Grace”.

Blessings.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hasn't God bound us all over so that he can have mercy on us ALL? I know the Jews were “set aside” for our benefit. Surely they will be saved along with us? It is because of their disbelief that we are grafted in? Right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The Prodigal sons in the nations must still repent and walk back to God to plead for their lives.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Not3in1.
    Right!

Nick.
    , “that we rely on the living God, Who is the saviour of all mankind”…(1Tim.4:9-11)

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,

Matthew 9:13
    But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Luke 15:7
    I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
    Luke 13:3
    I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
    Acts 11:18
    When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
    Acts 17:30
    And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account