Tradition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The murderous opposition by the Pharisees towards Christ he identified as being caused by their being based on the wrong foundation. They loved their traditions more than the Word of God

Mk 7 1-13
    “(A)The Pharisees and some of the scribes gathered around Him when they had come (B)from Jerusalem,
    2and had seen that some of His disciples were eating their bread with ©impure hands, that is, unwashed.

3(For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they carefully wash their hands, thus observing the (D)traditions of the elders;

4and when they come from the market place, they do not eat unless they cleanse themselves; and there are many other things which they have received in order to observe, such as the washing of (E)cups and pitchers and copper pots.)

5The Pharisees and the scribes asked Him, “Why do Your disciples not walk according to the (F)tradition of the elders, but eat their bread with (G)impure hands?”

6And He said to them, “Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:
            '(H)THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS,
            BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
       7'(I)BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,
            TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.'

8″Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the (J)tradition of men.”

9He was also saying to them, “You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your (K)tradition.

10″For Moses said, '(L)HONOR YOUR FATHER AND YOUR MOTHER'; and, '(M)HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER, IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH';

11but you say, 'If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is (N)Corban (that is to say, [a]given to God),'

12you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother;

13thus invalidating the word of God by your (O)tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”

We were warned against the leaven of the Pharisees, the spirit of tradition.

Paul was a Pharisee and he too was drawn to harrass and muder the followers of Christ showing that the spirit of tradition is of antichrist.

Nothing has changed.The spirit of tradition took over the church and began murdering the true followers of Christ. Comfortable educated humanistic religion suppresses and despises the work of God lest their peace is disturbed by the wind they cannot control.

Unteachable and claiming to be infallible they use the Word even against God's people. They still raise up doctrines they claims are equal to the Word of God and these doctrines insult our God and deny our Master.

Come out of her my people lest you suffer for her sins

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    When men choose a denomination
    and adopt it's beliefs as their own
    are they not also choosing tradition
    ahead of faith?

epistemaniac
    Participant

no, not necessarily

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    Can you not abide in the Word and yet claim you are following the Master?

Oxy
    Participant

Hi Nick, what you have written in your opening epistle is all good. If you take the Scriptural perspective of seeing the logos as being Jesus rather than the Scriptures it will be all the more powerful. They loved their traditions (which were largely based on Scripture) more than they loved the Word of God (Jesus).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    I believe there are several times that men have missed much from scripture by not realising it is Jesus that is spoken of as the Word, especially in Isaiah.[eg Is 45.23]

He is the living bread that came from heaven to give life to the world.

But I do not believe all of them do
    eg Is 38.4,44.26,, 50.4, Jer 2.1 etc

Oxy
    Participant

Is 38:4 is definately Jesus
    Is 44:26 agreed
    Is 50:4 agreed
    Jer 2:1 is Jesus

But you are right, much of the point of Scripture is missed because Jesus is not seen as the Word. People traditionally think of Scripture as the Word, but the Bible says Scripture has the words of God.

In the Scriptures where I have said it is Jesus, He visited many people in the OT times and so when the Word was made flesh it was very significant to some and a huge stumbling block to others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy ,
    So here are the two scriptures you say speak of Jesus:

Is 38.4-5
    “4Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah, saying,
    Is 38.4-5
    5″Go and say to Hezekiah, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will add (A)fifteen years to your life.”

Jer 2.1-2

1Now the word of the LORD came to me saying,
    2″Go and (A)proclaim in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, 'Thus says the LORD,
            “I remember concerning you the (B)devotion of your youth,
            The love of your betrothals,
            ©Your following after Me in the wilderness,
            Through a land not sown”

So you believe Jesus appeared to prophets on earth prior to his birth as a baby.
    Does that make him still like to us IN ALL WAYS except sin?

Oxy
    Participant

Nick, that was prior to His birth, so He had the nature of God and was God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Oxy.

To have the nature of God doesn't make you (the) God.

There is a difference between nature and identity.

In identity, there is one God the Father. But he shares his nature with his son and even us. We are not God because we can share in God's nature just as much as Christ is not God because he has divine nature.

In fact it is written that we will be like him. Who? Jesus.

So we will be like Jesus. He is the son, we are sons. He is the image of God, we are images. He is the firstborn (prototype), we are a type of firstfruits. Son, image, firstborn, firstfruits of what?

God, that is who.

To say that Jesus is God is just a crafty way to say that Jesus isn't the son of God. That he didn't come in the flesh, and that he is not the image of God.

Why?

• God is not an image, he is the source.
  • God is not the firstborn, because he was never born and there is none above him.
  • God is not a son, because he is the Father.

Jesus is the son of God. That is why God is called Father in scripture, because he has a son.

It's really simple stuff and even a child can understand it. Why?
    Because a child has a Father too.

But the wise of this world have led many astray with their philosophies and doctrines. They have created confusion and God never authored confusion.

Oxy, you need to come out of the babylonian influence on your life. Do you really want to partake in her sins when God is going to judge her with fire?

NickHassan
Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 12 2006,10:00)
Nick, that was prior to His birth, so He had the nature of God and was God.

Hi Oxy,
Was the Word with God?

Oxy
Participant

That's what Scripture tells us Nick.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.

NickHassan
Participant

Yes Oxy,
He was not IN God but WITH God.
as
Another being .

Oxy
Participant

Yes Nick, He was another being, but He was still God.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
Good scripture study does not lead us to search for and find 6 or 7 verses
that relate to the original divine nature of the Son of God
and then declare that he must be part of the God
Who is his Father and who appears as God over 2000 times.

That is simply not commonsense.

He was divine as an image of God and with God.

Oxy
Participant

So once again we throw out some of the writngs in Scripture to suit our doctrine?

Perhaps we should throw this verse out too, because I can only see it mentioned once.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
Not at all. Scripture does teach the divine origins of Jesus.

Proclaimer
Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 13 2006,18:36)
Yes Nick, He was another being, but He was still God.

Oxy, without realising it you are saying that there are 2 Gods.

That he was WITH God, and he is also called God.

That is 2 Gods my friend.

You are saying God WITH God.

Oxy, did you know that before the Trinity, the Binity was taught. The Holy Spirit was added on 30 or so years later to the original creed.

Before the Binity, there was one God.

The foretold apostacy has happened. Paul said to watch out for deception after he died. That was a long time ago.

History isn't going to save you Oxy. Your adherence to the truth will.

Oxy
Participant

well as much as you love to hate this verse, I think it sums it up rather well. Yes, we have one God, but He is three.

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
You are right out of line with the latest version of the trinity theory where God is One, with three persons in that one God. Are you alone in your beliefs?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account