together

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

Mandy Talking about Fear. It has always been a big problem for me too. When the Bombs in Germany started to fall, the fear and run for our lives on a daily basis was morew then a 5 year old take. One time we did not make it to the bunkers and my Mother and I ran into our backyard under some bushed, it was saver outside then in the House. Bombs were fallen all around us, a on fire Airplane fallen out of the sky, but by the grace of God we survived. My Father dide in that war. I was the only child , my mother had to leave me by myself a lot and the fear I felt is nothing that I can even explain. That fear I have never overcome. Even as an adult I would rather sleep in the Van in front of our Business then stay in the House by myself. That I have done many times.
    I have asked Please God don't let me be by myself anymore and He has heard my Prayer. I now live in Christ Jesus and that is the greatest Love that God has ever given to me. The fear has finally come to an end for me, most of it. I still hold on to some. I lock my Bedroom Door
    and I feel safe in my little world full of the Love of God. I am so sensitive to the Spirits and know when Satan tries to sneek in here and I juast have to chase him out again.

Mandy just ask God to give you the Spirit of Peace and He will and you will feel much better. Just speaking to God about you , gives me the impression that everything eith you will be alright. We are all in God's Hands and there we are safe, no matter what will happen to us. Right?

You are Loved and Prayed for with my Love in Christ Jesus. Irene
    :D :p :) :O

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 29 2007,08:53)
    Ken I have praying for you for some time know and having but as short time to live is somewhat a Blessing, because you can prepare yourself. To look over your life and see where could I have been done better and then say I am sorry to God.
    When we die the next time we open our eyes we will have a much better body and that will be so great, right? I am so sorry we both had this disagreement about the Sabbath. You can be assured about it tho, I am keeping many Days like the Sabbath with the Lord, since I am so sick. Like I said before We have gotten so used to doing all our cleaning on Fridays and all other works during the Week, we never do any work on the Sabbath anyway. Maybe it is still in our Blood since we kept it for long. Well lets not get into that now. Just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you.

Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D

Mrs when the doctor told me that the Spirit came on me i thought I was floating! :)
    I Know the Doctor thought I was nuts because of the big smile on my face! When I returned to work I was still floating in fact as I said my feet didn't touch the ground for two weeks. I was SOOOO full of Joy It was amazing. The Guys at work thought I WAS nuts. I told them it was like I was packing to go on my dream vacation :)

For the longest this verse was in my mind:

1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

So please don't feel sorry for me. As I was telling Mandy death is Just a part of Life, Eternal Life. My fear is getting there like I said I want to go with a smile on my face and in my “OWN” bed :laugh:

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken I know what you are talking about that you were floating, that happened to me already to . It is a weird feeling like you don't have any legs. I also believe that our Spirits can travel. Have experienced that too.
    I am not afraid either to die and I am not feeling sorry for you either. Just praying for you so you can go in your sleep. That is my wish also. My Son tells me ,Mom you have suffered so much already that is how you will die. But that is up to God.
    The sting of death is for those that are left behind, not for the one that is dying, I think.

Peace and Love Mrs.:O :O :D

acertainchap
    Participant

Ken I will pray for you. :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

Hi chap How are you nice to hear from you. Have you read Mandy's Post? Please do.

Tell me a little about what you are doing in College?

Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D

acertainchap
    Participant

kk. I'm taking Environmental Conservation and Natural Resources Conservation at a college in New York State. If you want more info about where I'm going to college and what I'm doing, please say so right here on this topic, then email me. I will make it clear that I'm doing this major for God, the earth, the people on it and to save the animals as well. Example: Polar bears. I want to be one that confronts global warming and most importantly, helps stop it. :)

acertainchap
    Participant

Besides that I love it here. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Sep. 29 2007,12:44)
    Ken I will pray for you. :)

Thanks eveyone for the prayers It's NOT like I don't “need” them :D

To be honest “I long to go home” REALLY! :D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken I am with you.:D :D :D :D

Participant

Hi Mandy:

The scripture states:

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him

Analyzing this scripture, it states first of all that the person that is sick should exercise faith in God's Word (When I was first saved, I went around wanting to lay hands on every one that was sick because I wanted them healed).  Although I may want someone to be healed, I can't excersise faith in God's Word for them.  Secondly, it says to call the elders of the church to do the praying.  I believe that it states to call the elders is because they have the experience that God heals in the following four ways:  first, he created the immune system, secondly, he may heal through a doctor, third he may show a person what to do to get healed, and lastly, he may heal a person instaneounsly.  We can get the impression, that because the healings that were done through Jesus in the scriptures were instantaneous, that God will heal in this way in every case, and when He doesn't we get disappointed.

I if a person exercises faith in God's Word, they will be healed, and God heard your prayer for your mother and she is healed.  The only thing is that you expected for God to heal her and for her to continue to live in this world.  We are not expected to live in this body forever.

I share this with you because you said that your faith was shattered because your mother passed away after you had prayed for her healing.

You have called on us to pray for you and I am confident that you will be healed.  God's Word is true.

God Bless

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 30 2007,08:53)
    I believe that it states to call the elders is because they have the experience that God heals in the following four ways:  first, he created the immune system, secondly, he may heal through a doctor, third he may show a person what to do to get healed, and lastly, he may heal a person instaneounsly.  We can get the impression, that because the healings that were done through Jesus in the scriptures were instantaneous, that God will heal in this way in every case, and when He doesn't we get disappointed.

Hi 942767

I wonder where you get your four ways of faith healing from. Much of what you call faith healing happens after a sick person has already received medical treatment that, as you say, might take some time to be effective. Spontaneous remission of disease, without medical treatment happens just as much in people who do not “exercise faith in God's Word”, as in those who do. The immune system is an astonishingly capable army. Doctors often use the immune system to heal, these two of the four ways are linked intimately. People are right to be disappointed at the lack of healing at stage shows put on by televangelists. These people are not healing anyone, but defrauding and demeaning folk in genuine need.

Why would scientists study the effect of prayer? To mock faith healers? Maybe there is a more positive reason – to make it more effective: to find out what kinds of prayer “work” and what kinds don't. So far it has been demostrated that intercessory prayer doesn't work at all. Are there other kinds that might?

When you say you pray for someone who is unwell, it can be interpreted as saying that you are thinking of that person, and you are making yourself available to be a support in their time of need. That statement of support could make all the difference for a human in suffering. It does not mean that there is actually a real medical influence by an invisible third party.

I would not wish to deny anyone their comfort gained from faith as a way to help deal with sickness, rather I think it is important that the full story is known so people who are unwell can have the most effective treatment possible. The writing in James may have represented the best hope for comfort for an ancient people but I don't think faith in itself is an effective modern medical treatment.

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Sep. 30 2007,10:40)

I believe that it states to call the elders is because they have the experience that God heals in the following four ways:  first, he created the immune system, secondly, he may heal through a doctor, third he may show a person what to do to get healed, and lastly, he may heal a person instaneounsly.  We can get the impression, that because the healings that were done through Jesus in the scriptures were instantaneous, that God will heal in this way in every case, and when He doesn't we get disappointed.

Hi 942767

I wonder where you get your four ways of faith healing from.  Much of what you call faith healing happens after a sick person has already received medical treatment that, as you say, might take some time to be effective.  Spontaneous remission of disease, without medical treatment happens just as much in people who do not “exercise faith in God's Word”, as in those who do.  The immune system is an astonishingly capable army.  Doctors often use the immune system to heal, these two of the four ways are linked intimately.  People are right to be disappointed at the lack of healing at stage shows put on by televangelists.  These people are not healing anyone, but defrauding and demeaning folk in genuine need.

Why would scientists study the effect of prayer?  To mock faith healers?  Maybe there is a more positive reason – to make it more effective: to find out what kinds of prayer “work” and what kinds don't.   So far it has been demostrated that intercessory prayer doesn't work at all.  Are there other kinds that might?

When you say you pray for someone who is unwell, it can be interpreted as saying that you are thinking of that person, and you are making yourself available to be a support in their time of need.  That statement of support could make all the difference for a human in suffering.  It does not mean that there is actually a real medical influence by an invisible third party.

I would not wish to deny anyone their comfort gained from faith as a way to help deal with sickness, rather I think it is important that the full story is known so people who are unwell can have the most effective treatment possible.  The writing in James may have represented the best hope for comfort for an ancient people but I don't think faith in itself is an effective modern medical treatment.

Stuart

Hi Stu:

We who are born-again Christians believe in God's Word and in prayer. I have already shared my views with you in another thread, and I don't particularly want to start a discussion about this in this thread. My comments here were directed to Mandy in her time of need.

God Bless

Not3in1
    Participant

I if a person exercises faith in God's Word, they will be healed, and God heard your prayer for your mother and she is healed.

Yes, I know that my mom received her ultimate “healing” by death unto eternal rest (or eternal life as some believe), but that is a hard pill to swallow sometimes. As humans, we want proof (just as Stu). :)

I mean, what else can a Christian do? We MUST believe that God hears our prayers and answers them (however he chooses). But to say that healing actually happened for my mom, in my opinion, is a stretch. Don't get me wrong, I want to believe what you are saying (with all my heart I want to believe it), but the fact is, I prayed for her – even annointing her with oil, and she still died. She even took part in a Benny Hinn crusade where she was one of the “lucky” ones who got on stage…..she claimed the healing……but she still died of the disease.

Does God truly heal the lame? Has anyone seen someone rise from a wheelchair and walk?

This is the thing, tho he slay me, I will still love him and serve him. BUT, healing has always been a subject I've struggled with. This is just honestly poured out for all to see…..

Not3in1
    Participant

Mrs.,
    I'm just logging on and reading your post about the dog and your grandson, did I miss your post for prayer? I must have. Well, know that I love you very much and am praying for your family. You are a blessing here. Your wisdom and life experience is a treasure for those of us who have not walked as long as you have. And for some, learning to have respect for someone who is older (and wiser) is also a good lesson. You are appreciated – don't ever think otherwise. :)

Love to you tonight,
    Mandy

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mandy Thank you for your Prayer. I have been Praying for you every day and talking to God about you. I have a feeling you will be doing just fine. But I always say God's will be done. Did you not read my other Posts on Fear?
    Also there is a Song for you. When I feel sad I sing and it makes me feel better. Chap has real nice taps too to listen to.
    Good Night sweet Mandy
    Peace and Love Irene:D :D :D

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 30 2007,14:27)

I if a person exercises faith in God's Word, they will be healed, and God heard your prayer for your mother and she is healed.

Yes, I know that my mom received her ultimate “healing” by death unto eternal rest (or eternal life as some believe), but that is a hard pill to swallow sometimes.  As humans, we want proof (just as Stu).  :)

I mean, what else can a Christian do?  We MUST believe that God hears our prayers and answers them (however he chooses).  But to say that healing actually happened for my mom, in my opinion, is a stretch.  Don't get me wrong, I want to believe what you are saying (with all my heart I want to believe it), but the fact is, I prayed for her – even annointing her with oil, and she still died.  She even took part in a Benny Hinn crusade where she was one of the “lucky” ones who got on stage…..she claimed the healing……but she still died of the disease.

Does God truly heal the lame?  Has anyone seen someone rise from a wheelchair and walk?

This is the thing, tho he slay me, I will still love him and serve him.  BUT, healing has always been a subject I've struggled with.  This is just honestly poured out for all to see…..

Hi Mandy:

Either God's Word is true or it isn't.  I happen to believe the the Word of God.  What I have learned about healing, I have learned through experience.  Although, I have also struggled with trying to understand and am struggling with an issue.  When I don't understand, I have to ask for understanding, but I know that it is impossible for God to lie.

I believe that if a person exercises faith in God's Word for a healing, they will be healed in one of the four ways mentioned or they will pass away (there is a sickness unto death), but they will not continue in their sickness.  However, sometimes there is a delay in the healing as one learns to apply what God has shown one to do in order to be healed (such as learning proper diet and exercise in healing a blood pressure problem).

Anyway, I hope that all goes well with you.

God Bless

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 30 2007,15:22)
    Mandy Thank you for your Prayer. I have been Praying for you every day and talking to God about you. I have a feeling you will be doing just fine. But I always say God's will be done. Did you not read my other Posts on Fear?
    Also there is a Song for you. When I feel sad I sing and it makes me feel better. Chap has real nice taps too to listen to.
    Good Night sweet Mandy
    Peace and Love Irene:D :D :D

Hi Mrs.,
    Yes, I read your post on fear – but I also read somewhere (now I forget) that you were asking for prayer about a dog and your grandson? And anyway, I didn't read that particular post – I must have missed that one. At any rate, I wanted you to know I'm praying.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 30 2007,15:25)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 30 2007,14:27)

Yes, I know that my mom received her ultimate “healing” by death unto eternal rest (or eternal life as some believe), but that is a hard pill to swallow sometimes.  As humans, we want proof (just as Stu).  :)

I mean, what else can a Christian do?  We MUST believe that God hears our prayers and answers them (however he chooses).  But to say that healing actually happened for my mom, in my opinion, is a stretch.  Don't get me wrong, I want to believe what you are saying (with all my heart I want to believe it), but the fact is, I prayed for her – even annointing her with oil, and she still died.  She even took part in a Benny Hinn crusade where she was one of the “lucky” ones who got on stage…..she claimed the healing……but she still died of the disease.

Does God truly heal the lame?  Has anyone seen someone rise from a wheelchair and walk?

This is the thing, tho he slay me, I will still love him and serve him.  BUT, healing has always been a subject I've struggled with.  This is just honestly poured out for all to see…..

Hi Mandy:

Either God's Word is true or it isn't.  I happen to believe the the Word of God.  What I have learned about healing, I have learned through experience.  Although, I have also struggled with trying to understand and am struggling with an issue.  When I don't understand, I have to ask for understanding, but I know that it is impossible for God to lie.

I believe that if a person exercises faith in God's Word for a healing, they will be healed in one of the four ways mentioned or they will pass away (there is a sickness unto death), but they will not continue in their sickness.  However, sometimes there is a delay in the healing as one learns to apply what God has shown one to do in order to be healed (such as learning proper diet and exercise in healing a blood pressure problem).

Anyway, I hope that all goes well with you.

God Bless

I will keep you in my prayers for whatever you are stuggling with, brother. Thanks for your words to me and also your prayers – they mean so much.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mandy Thank you for praying. As far as the dog is concerned, my Daughter still has Her. I am holding my breath, that she will not bite my Grandson again. She is not a vicious dog. Time will tell. Don't like that situation, tho. Notice you may call me by my real name.

My Love and Prayers for you and your Family be with you.

Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 30 2007,16:56)
    Mandy Thank you for praying. As far as the dog is concerned, my Daughter still has Her. I am holding my breath, that she will not bite my Grandson again. She is not a vicious dog. Time will tell. Don't like that situation, tho. Notice you may call me by my real name.

My Love and Prayers for you and your Family be with you.

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

I noticed you included your name on the other post to me and when I read it……I smiled. Something personal from you! It was like a gift. I don't belong to any other board on the Internet, but I've learned from this one that you have to develop a relationship with someone before you are privy to their real name. So, thank you for sharing yours. I've always been an open book and share my name, but I have come to know that other's prefer not to. Anyway, thank you sister Irene! :)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account