Titus 2:13, 14 Proof that Jesus is The Saviour!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,20:45)
    Irene,

But in the Old Testament it is LORD for Jehovah God.

The Hebrew word for Jehovah is not being translated as Lord of lords or even LORD OF LORDS.

Many times in the OT, Jehovah is translated as LORD, that is correct but it is not written as Lord or lord, it is always in all caps.  However in the name LORD OF LORDS, Jehovah is not the word translated. I have explained this to you many times.  Every time you see the word Lord you can't assume that Jehovah is what is meant.  I know it is confusing but it is a fact and you have to dig a little deeper and look at the original language to see what word is being translated.  Do you know how to find that easily?  If not, I can show you.

Kathi

Kathi

what is this mean,

i am the man of men and the father of the fathers ?

or

i am the boss of the bosses and the best of the bests ?

if you understand the above you should understand this as well;

God of gods and LORD of lords,do you ?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,

The Lord of lords is Jesus and Jesus is our only Lord.

Jude 1:4 NAS
    For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,21:03)
    Pierre,

For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Kathi

Kathi

Jude 1:4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our
    God
    into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign(king of the kingdom of God his father) and Lord.

Lord ,king,are tittles but yes Christ is our lord he give his live for us ,and he is the LORD over all GOD S creation,

but God his father is God and LORD over him.

1Co 15:28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Where is your scripture that says that His Father is 'LORD over him.'

Kathi

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,13:45)
    Irene,

The Hebrew word for Jehovah is not being translated as Lord of lords or even LORD OF LORDS.

Many times in the OT, Jehovah is translated as LORD, that is correct but it is not written as Lord or lord, it is always in all caps.  However in the name LORD OF LORDS, Jehovah is not the word translated. I have explained this to you many times.  Every time you see the word Lord you can't assume that Jehovah is what is meant.  I know it is confusing but it is a fact and you have to dig a little deeper and look at the original language to see what word is being translated.  Do you know how to find that easily?  If not, I can show you.

Kathi

Kathi!   I didn't say that it was written Lord, but LORD in all capital letters..For the most high God, Jehovah…and Lord for Jesus mostly in the New Testament…. .. And besides you are ignoring those Scriptures in Psalms

Psa 83:18   That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.

Kathi for the last time it says that Thou whose name ALONE is Jehovah the most high name…..not Jesus too… only the most high……

Psa 68:4   Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jehovah, and rejoice before him.  

It says His name and not their names. amd praise his name not their names….

These Scripture plainly tells us who Jehovah is….. don't ignore that…..

Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 12 2011,10:10)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Aug. 11 2011,20:25)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 11 2011,14:34)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 11 2011,12:35)
    Irene,
    What is a half trinity?? ???

Kathi!  Look at what you believe???  You say Jehovah God is both Jesus and Almighty God, so Keith and Jack both agree with you…. It is because they believe in the trinity.  The only thing you don't believe is that the Holy Spirit of God is not the third of Jehovah, but is the Spirit of God….that makes it a half trinity…my saying….not according to any Scriptures, just like you do with Jehovah….Irene

Looking for that blessed hope the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

It's as plain as the nose on Georg's face.  :)

Jack

Hi Jack,

Does the word “AND” in that verses somehow elude you?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed,

This too has been explained a gazillion, zillion, trillion, billion, million times.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=2407

So the question is does truth elude you.

KJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Irene said:

Kathi!   I didn't say that it was written Lord, but LORD in all capital letters..For the most high God, Jehovah…and Lord for Jesus mostly in the New Testament….

I have already shown you that David addressed the “LORD” calling him the Creator (Psalm 102). The Father applied this to His Son (Heb. 1:8-10). Therefore, the Father was speaking through David calling Him the Creator and so the word “Lord” in Hebrews 1:10 is equivalent to the word “LORD” in Psalm 102.

Pretty simple isn't it?

Jack

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,23:38)
    Pierre,

Kathi

Kathi

where is the scripture that says that God the father is not above his son ?

and show scripture where Christ claim to be equal to his father?

and also show scripture that shows that Christ was not created ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,21:03)
    Pierre,

Kathi

Kathi

who pervert the grace of our God into licentiousness

do you know what is the grace of God ?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 12 2011,12:27)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,23:38)
    Pierre,

Kathi

Kathi

where is the scripture that says that God the father is not above his son ?

and show scripture where Christ claim to be equal to his father?

and also show scripture that shows that Christ was not created ?

Pierre

Pierre,
    Notice how you didn't find a verse…not one…and yet you claim that the Father is the 'Lord' of Jesus. I even show you that Jesus is our ONLY Master and Lord. Do you still claim that the Bible says that the Father is the 'Lord' of Jesus?

So, back up your claim first, Pierre, before you start asking for others to show you verses.

Kathi

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 12 2011,10:39)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 12 2011,17:05)
    Pierre wrote:

KJ

here is the scripture;Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

don,t tell me it is Seth line,God does not look at you back ground but at what you do and think,

so if you do not look at truth you are not supporting any useful deeds and become a parasite just like those who believe in the trinity

Pierre

This is the SECOND time I am asking. Where does peter say that those angels MARRIED women? Jesus said that angels do NOT marry. I accept Jesus' view thank you.

Why did God preserve Seth's line?

KJ

KJ

for the third time it is in
     Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

Gen 6:2   That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.  

Gen6;2 And it came to pass when men began to be numerous upon the earth, and daughters were born to them, 3 that the sons of God having seen the daughters of men that they were beautiful, took to themselves wives of all whom they chose. LXX

you should know I learn this in kindergarten,

Pierre

Jude 1:6 says nothing about the incident in Genesis 6 or about angels marrying women. Jude 1:6 is obviously about something else.

The sons of God (Seth's sons) saw that the duaghters of men (Cain's duaghters) that they were beautiful and took them as wives. This corrupted the line of Seth and so God had to destroy them all except for Noah and his family who did not participate in the interracial marrying. Thus the line of Seth was purged so the Christ could come.

Your view that gods come down and have sex with women is thoroughy pagan and you know it. But your mentor Mikeboll has taught you to be arrogant and not admit  it when you KNOW you are wrong.

Why does this not happen today?
    Where is the archaeological evidence that a race of giants existed?
    Why did God spare Seth's line?

KJ

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,03:32)
    Irene said:

Kathi!   I didn't say that it was written Lord, but LORD in all capital letters..For the most high God, Jehovah…and Lord for Jesus mostly in the New Testament….

I have already shown you that David addressed the “LORD” calling him the Creator (Psalm 102). The Father applied this to His Son (Heb. 1:8-10). Therefore, the Father was speaking through David calling Him the Creator and so the word “Lord” in Hebrews 1:10 is equivalent to the word “LORD” in Psalm 102.

Pretty simple isn't it?

Jack

Jack! That doesn't proof that Jesus is Jehovah God does it? You just ignored the Scripture in psalms… keep up the good work….
    I don't debate against Jesus being called God. I know very well the Scripture in Hebrew and John 1:1…. But that doesn't make Jesus Jehovah…….
    do I have to give you all those Scriptures again that proof the trinity wrong???? No because I did in my last post to you, so look it up…..
    Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 12 2011,01:07)

Irene,

Kathi

Kathi!   I didn't say that it was written Lord, but LORD in all capital letters..For the most high God, Jehovah…and Lord for Jesus mostly in the New Testament…. .. And besides you are ignoring those Scriptures in Psalms

Psa 83:18   That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.

Kathi for the last time it says that Thou whose name ALONE is Jehovah the most high name…..not Jesus too… only the most high……

Psa 68:4   Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jehovah, and rejoice before him.  

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    A compound unity will go by ONE name when the compound unity is referred to.

Kathi

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 13 2011,05:29)

Irene said:

Pretty simple isn't it?

Jack

Jack!  That doesn't proof that Jesus is Jehovah God does it?  You just ignored the Scripture in psalms… keep up the good work….
    I don't debate against Jesus being called God.  I know very well the Scripture in Hebrew and John 1:1…. But that doesn't make Jesus  Jehovah…….
    do I have to give you all those Scriptures again that proof the trinity wrong????  No because I did in my last post to you, so look it up…..
    Irene

Yes it does Irene! The Father Himself applied Psalm 102 to the Son. How can you claim the Father is your God and then contradict Him?

Jack

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,05:31)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 12 2011,01:07)

Irene,

Kathi

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    A compound unity will go by ONE name when the compound unity is referred to.

Kathi

Elementary my dear Kathi!

Jack

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,05:39)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 13 2011,05:29)

Irene said:

Pretty simple isn't it?

Jack

Jack!  That doesn't proof that Jesus is Jehovah God does it?  You just ignored the Scripture in psalms… keep up the good work….
    I don't debate against Jesus being called God.  I know very well the Scripture in Hebrew and John 1:1…. But that doesn't make Jesus  Jehovah…….
    do I have to give you all those Scriptures again that proof the trinity wrong????  No because I did in my last post to you, so look it up…..
    Irene

Yes it does Irene! The Father Himself applied Psalm 102 to the Son. How can you claim the Father is your God and then contradict Him?

Jack

Jack! Then lets look at Psalms 102

Psa 102:1 ¶ [[A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.]] Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.

This proves that the LORD is our Heavenly Father, and in Hebrew it says that Jesus also is called God… But mostly LORD in all capital letters is revered to our Heavenly Father, but Lord for Jesus mostly in the New Testament….. i only know of one Scripture that say LORD OF LORDS in Rev. 19

I just put up a lengthy post as far as the trinity goes in the other tread of Titus….look it up…
    Agauin YOU are ignoring those Scripture in Psalms 83 and 68 that proof that Jehovah Go is our Heavenly Fathers name ALONE……Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Irene,

Kathi

jack! I brought this post from Kathi up who agrees that LORD is Jehovah God….mostly so She says…but not Lord and I agree on that, because Lord is Jesus mostly in the New Testament…. .Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,12:13)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 12 2011,10:39)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 12 2011,17:05)
    Pierre wrote:

KJ

here is the scripture;Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

don,t tell me it is Seth line,God does not look at you back ground but at what you do and think,

so if you do not look at truth you are not supporting any useful deeds and become a parasite just like those who believe in the trinity

Pierre

This is the SECOND time I am asking. Where does peter say that those angels MARRIED women? Jesus said that angels do NOT marry. I accept Jesus' view thank you.

Why did God preserve Seth's line?

KJ

KJ

for the third time it is in
     Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

Gen 6:2   That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.  

Gen6;2 And it came to pass when men began to be numerous upon the earth, and daughters were born to them, 3 that the sons of God having seen the daughters of men that they were beautiful, took to themselves wives of all whom they chose. LXX

you should know I learn this in kindergarten,

Pierre

Jude 1:6 says nothing about the incident in Genesis 6 or about angels marrying women. Jude 1:6 is obviously about something else.

The sons of God (Seth's sons) saw that the duaghters of men (Cain's duaghters) that they were beautiful and took them as wives. This corrupted the line of Seth and so God had to destroy them all except for Noah and his family who did not participate in the interracial marrying. Thus the line of Seth was purged so the Christ could come.

Your view that gods come down and have sex with women is thoroughy pagan and you know it. But your mentor Mikeboll has taught you to be arrogant and not admit  it when you KNOW you are wrong.

Why does this not happen today?
    Where is the archaeological evidence that a race of giants existed?
    Why did God spare Seth's line?

KJ

KJ

:D :D :D :laugh: :laugh:

so God punished the line of Seth a man of having sex as God told to Adam and Eve to multiply ,as man how do you do that without having sex ??????

:D :D

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Pierre said:

so God punished the line of Seth a man of having sex as God told to Adam and Eve to multiply ,as man how do you do that without having sex

Please note that I am answering your questions and you are totally IGNORING mine.

After the fall God distinguished between the godly and the pagan lines. Seth's line was the godly and Cain's line was the pagan. Seth's sons (the sons of God) corrupted themselves by marrying into the pagan line of Cain. This threatened the coming of Christ for He could come only through the pure line. So God had to wipe them out and start over again with Noah and his family who were Sethites and who did not commingle with the pagan line. Thus the Christ could come through the Godly line again.
    Then they could be fruitful and multiply again.

See Leupold's commentary on Genesis 6 under the title “The Commingling of the Two Races.” Note how he traces your interpretation of Genesis 6 back to heathen origin. Click on chapter 6.

http://www.abiblecommentary.com/leuoldscommentaryongenesis.pdf

WHY DID GOD SPARE ONLY PURE SETHITES?

KJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 12 2011,14:28)

Irene,

Kathi

jack!  I brought this post from Kathi up who agrees  that LORD is Jehovah God….mostly so She says…but not Lord and I agree on that, because Lord is Jesus mostly in the New Testament…. .Irene

Actually Irene,
    I have been saying that Jehovah(LORD) is both God and Lord. Two persons…Father (God) and Son (Lord).  A unity is referred to by ONE name, Irene.  A compound unity even speaks as ONE at times.  I have shown you how the church is quoted as speaking as one.  Truth always sets us free, Irene.

Jesus is the Lord of lords…our only Lord and Master.

Kathi

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account