Titles that belong ONLY TO THE FATHER

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

God of gods

17 For Jehovah YOUR God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the God great, mighty and fear-inspiring, who treats none with partiality nor accepts a bribe,(Deuteronomy 10:17)

Almighty

3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.(Exodus 6:3)

Most High

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.(Psalms 83:18)

Alpha and Omega

5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says: “Write, because these words are faithful and true.” 6 And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. 7 Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.(Revelation 21:5-7)

P.S. I'm making application of Jesus statement of saying “you must call no one your father because one is your father” with Revelation 21:5-7 because clearly the Alpha and Omega is a father to people.

shimmer
    Participant

Does anyone have any insight into this?

In Rev 22:12, Jesus is speaking.

And lo, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to each as his work shall be; I am the Alpha and the Omega — the Beginning and End — the First and the Last. 'Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city;  and without are the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the whoremongers, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one who is loving and is doing a lie. 'I, Jesus did send my messenger to testify to you these things concerning the assemblies; I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star.

And again in Rev 1:8:7 Jesus

Lo, he doth come with the clouds, and see him shall every eye, even those who did pierce him, and wail because of him shall all the tribes of the land. Yes! Amen! `I am the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and end, saith the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is coming — the Almighty.'

And the Alpha and the Omega is also mentioned in Revelations 21:6:3

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 24 2011,08:55)

And lo, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to each as his work shall be; I am the Alpha and the Omega — the Beginning and End — the First and the Last. 'Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city;  and without are the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the whoremongers, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one who is loving and is doing a lie. 'I, Jesus did send my messenger to testify to you these things concerning the assemblies; I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star.

Lo, he doth come with the clouds, and see him shall every eye, even those who did pierce him, and wail because of him shall all the tribes of the land. Yes! Amen! `I am the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and end, saith the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is coming — the Almighty.'

Shimmer! First in Rev. 21 talks about the Holy City the new Jerusalem. God will dwell with men. Only the Saints will see God. Those that have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb will worship God day and night, and stand in front of Gods throne. Rev. 7:13-15.
    in Rev. 19 shows us that Jesus will come to smite the nations with the wrath of God. Also in
    Mal 4:1 ¶ For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts.

Some think that there will be a new earth, I believe that God will renew the face of the earth, masking it new again. I believe that because of Malachi 4…Jesus is called the first and the last because He is the firstborn of all creation. And He will be the last to bring the wrath of God to the wicked….Now I want to caution you however, I can be wrong as far as this goes. The Book of Revelations is very hard to understand…. And some might seem unreal to us…. reading Revelation has a blessing attached. For that reason it is one of my favorite Book of the Bible. Also Daniel will show us some explanation of the Beasts in Revelation.
    Peace Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Irene, I find it interesting that Revelations is one of your favourite books in the bible. I loved it too. I remember being on the bed with a pen and paper trying to figure it all out. I had even drawn pictures to try and visualise it.

Did you know it says that the witness of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Daniel was interesting too. I started reading that today.

Good post Irene!

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 24 2011,21:01)
    Irene, I find it interesting that Revelations is one of your favourite books in the bible. I loved it too. I remember being on the bed with a pen and paper trying to figure it all out. I had even drawn pictures to try and visualise it.

Good post Irene!

Hi Shimmer!  Wow, that is interesting….. i think woman like a challenge…..At least this one does….I just w3ish that we had more members that understand Rev. 19:13-16….The Word of God (Jesus) happy studying to you..and thank you for your compliment……..May God always e with you, Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ May 25 2011,06:18)

Good post Irene!

Hi Shimmer!  Wow, that is interesting….. i think woman like a challenge…..At least this one does….I just w3ish that we had more members that understand Rev. 19:13-16….The Word of God (Jesus) happy studying to you..and thank you for your compliment……..May God always e with you, Irene

Irene

Isa 63:1 Who is this coming from Edom,
    from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson?
    Who is this, robed in splendor,
    striding forward in the greatness of his strength?

“It is I, speaking in righteousness,
    mighty to save.”

Isa 63:2 Why are your garments red,
    like those of one treading the winepress?

Isa 63:3 “I have trodden the winepress alone;
    from the nations no one was with me.
    I trampled them in my anger
    and trod them down in my wrath;
    their blood spattered my garments,
    and I stained all my clothing.
    Isa 63:4 For the day of vengeance was in my heart,
    and the year of my redemption has come.

Rev 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.
    Rev 19:12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
    Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    Rev 19:14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.
    Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

2Pe 3:2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.
    2Pe 3:3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
    2Pe 3:4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”
    2Pe 3:5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.
    2Pe 3:6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.
    2Pe 3:7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire,

1Th 5:3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Mt 10:34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword

would this help?

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ May 25 2011,00:18)

Good post Irene!

And with you and your family Irene. We may disagree on a few points, But I do enjoy your posts, and your strength of faith. God bless you.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 25 2011,12:26)

Quote (Pastry @ May 25 2011,00:18)

Good post Irene!

And with you and your family Irene.  We may disagree on a few points, But I do enjoy your posts, and your strength of faith. God bless you.

thank you Shimmer! How is your study on Daniel going????
    Have fun……Peace to you and yours Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Irene, you are welcome, and thank you.
    No, I haven't started Daniel yet, but I will. Peace to you too.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ May 24 2011,05:44)
    God of gods

17 For Jehovah YOUR God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the God great, mighty and fear-inspiring, who treats none with partiality nor accepts a bribe,(Deuteronomy 10:17)

Almighty

3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.(Exodus 6:3)

Most High

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.(Psalms 83:18)

Alpha and Omega

5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says: “Write, because these words are faithful and true.” 6 And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. 7 Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.(Revelation 21:5-7)

P.S. I'm making application of Jesus statement of saying “you must call no one your father because one is your father” with Revelation 21:5-7 because clearly the Alpha and Omega is a father to people.

Alright betweenchristendomandjws, make your case. Prove to us that, in scripture, these titles re ascribed to the Father alone.

The floor is yours.

:)

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ May 24 2011,05:44)
    God of gods

Almighty

Most High

Alpha and Omega

Greetings BCJWS…. he is the Yahweh,The El Shaddai,The Eternal,The mighty God ,The El Gebor and Thee Loving Father and right you are, there is no other father when it comes to the spiritual realm…we still have an earhtly Daddy or Father…Just as there should be no reverends as for there is only one who should be revered and is certainly not a man and the same applies for those who claim the title of father..

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2011,07:27)

Quote (Pastry @ May 25 2011,06:18)

Good post Irene!

Irene

Isa 63:1 Who is this coming from Edom,
    from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson?
    Who is this, robed in splendor,
    striding forward in the greatness of his strength?

“It is I, speaking in righteousness,
    mighty to save.”

Isa 63:2 Why are your garments red,
    like those of one treading the winepress?

Isa 63:3 “I have trodden the winepress alone;
    from the nations no one was with me.
    I trampled them in my anger
    and trod them down in my wrath;
    their blood spattered my garments,
    and I stained all my clothing.
    Isa 63:4 For the day of vengeance was in my heart,
    and the year of my redemption has come.

Rev 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.
    Rev 19:12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
    Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    Rev 19:14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.
    Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

2Pe 3:2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.
    2Pe 3:3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
    2Pe 3:4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”
    2Pe 3:5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.
    2Pe 3:6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.
    2Pe 3:7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire,

1Th 5:3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Mt 10:34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword

would this help?

Pierre

Pierre! What am I to learn from the Scriptures you give here???
    Peace Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 24 2011,03:55)

Shimmer,

First and Last is used in the old testiment to mean the only one in the series.  I also believe Alpha and Omego are used the same way since they are the first and last letters in the Greek aphabet.  

Morning star is also used in the Old testiment and since the morning star Venus when visible beforre dawn.  In the Isaiah 14:12 context is could also mean “Son of Dawn” or Lightbearer.

The later certainly fits Jesus.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 28 2011,10:22)

Quote (shimmer @ May 24 2011,03:55)

Shimmer,

First and Last is used in the old testiment to mean the only one in the series.  I also believe Alpha and Omego are used the same way since they are the first and last letters in the Greek aphabet.  

Morning star is also used in the Old testiment and since the morning star Venus when visible beforre dawn.  In the Isaiah 14:12 context is could also mean “Son of Dawn” or Lightbearer.

The later certainly fits Jesus.

Shimmer,

To continue:

Lord in Revelations 1:7-8 is a title of respect used to address emperors and so is equivilent to saying King of kngs and Lord of Lords while Almighty can be paraphrased as Lord of everything in heaven and on earth.

In the law a bitter root is a worshiper of a false God and we know David believed God's promise that a Messiah would be born of his bloodline.  Jesus for that reason is both ther root and offspring of David.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account