Thought i was the only one.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    callsign
    Participant

Hello all,

I am writing a word of encouragment to the fellow believers like myself. Since I was 10 I have felt I was the only one that believes the same as you about the trinity. I remember having very detailed arguments with my dad about this subject on our nightly bible studies that lasted hours upon hours. I never was able to agree with their standpoint on the trinity and the workings of their organization they called "church" . Since I have aged, the many conversations I have with other people have come to being called everything from a heretic to an outcast. I feel as if maybe one day in the near future it will come down to what happened after the council of nicea. The civil punishments and burning at the stake that Michael Servetus had to endure will come very soon again. After I had departed from another state to move to the current state in the US where I live. Most that have come to a realization of what is truth, we are seperated by distance except one. I have searched long and hard for a gathering of believers in the US that believe like we do. I am very thankfull that I now have been blessed as to finding your website with forums for encouragment and prayer as well as spiritual guidence and brotherly love. May you forever be blessed for listening to God and making this website.

S

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hey that is great.

I hope to hear more from you.

Dianalevich
    Participant

Although I have just joined, I would also like to add that your website has been encouraging to me the last few days as I continue to seek His truth. Giving God the glory and praise! Diana

NickHassan
    Participant

Blessings to you D.
    Love God\love the Son\love the Word\seek the Spirit and be born again is the deal and let everything else find it's place.
    "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you"

Dianalevich
    Participant

Amen Nick! But the Word is Jesus, right? (John 1:1-3) I love to keep it simple and focus on loving those that God has brought into my path regardless if it is in a physical sense (as my next door neighbor) or the orphanage in India that God has led me to help support, as well as those people I have yet to meet. Regardless of the discussions on this forum it all boils down to the simple commandment that we were given and instructed (Mark 12:28 -31) Peace, Diana

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Diana,
    If you look at the context of Mk 12.28-31 Jesus was asked by a scribe about the Commandments. The same with the Rich young man in another place. We need to be careful to see exactly what was asked of he that is Truth as he cannot lie and he gives the answer the question deserves.

The ten Commandments are part of the Law and the OT Covenant made with the Jews and not Gentiles like us. We have never been under the Law. So we cannot be saved by obedience to a Law that we are not under can we?

Certainly they do not pass away and remain as reminders of the ways of God but since the time of John the Baptist they have not been in force. Also the Spirit leads us to obey their righteous ways too.

We are under grace and the commandments of Jesus Christ. His teachings reveal the kingdom of God which was preached and still is preached.

One of those new commandments is about the "gate":
    " You must be born again of water and the Spirit to enter the Kingdom"

That is the gospel of the kingdom.

We need to make sure we have obeyed Christ first before we can walk with him. Then there is "abide in me"," abide in my teachings","love one another as I have loved you"etc
    Do you agree?

NickHassan
    Participant

Ps Jesus also said
    " If you love me OBEY MY COMMANDMENTS"
    This is how you show your love for the Son who is the only way to the Father.

Not obedience to the ten Commandments but the commandments of Christ.

Dianalevich
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2005,03:49)
    Hi Diana,
    1. If you look at the context of Mk 12.28-31 Jesus was asked by a scribe about the Commandments. The same with the Rich young man in another place. We need to be careful to see exactly what was asked of he that is Truth as he cannot lie and he gives the answer the question deserves.

2. The ten Commandments are part of the Law and the OT Covenant made with the Jews and not Gentiles like us. We have never been under the Law. So we cannot be saved by obedience to a Law that we are not under can we?

3. Certainly they do not pass away and remain as reminders of the ways of God but since the time of John the Baptist they have not been in force. Also the Spirit leads us to obey their righteous ways too.

4. We are under grace and the commandments of Jesus Christ. His teachings reveal the kingdom of God which was preached and still is preached.

5.One of those new commandments is about the "gate":
    " You must be born again of water and the Spirit to enter the Kingdom"

That is the gospel of the kingdom.

6. We need to make sure we have obeyed Christ first before we can walk with him. Then there is "abide in me"," abide in my teachings","love one another as I have loved you"etc
    Do you agree?

Yes Nick – 1. I agree it is important to understand the context of the scripture we are quoting in order to understand the Truth.

2. No we are not saved by obedience to the Law, but rather through the blood of Jesus Christ, however, I believe the 10 Commandments are not the "Law"  but rather moral guidelines that govern our lives. To me a commandment is something that we MUST follow, so that we will live our lives to what God desires,  whereas a law is something we choose to obey so that we may be in accordance to said law.  If we choose not to obey then we will suffer the consequences of our choice.

3.I believe the 10 commandments are still in force in that they are what this world builds upon.  However, I do not believe if you break a commandment that you lose your salvation.  The Holy Spirit certainly guides us in righteous ways.

4. Amen – we are under His grace, but His grace is not meant to be misused.  
    I am not sure that ithe above reference was a commandment but rather a teaching indicating the indeed the gate is narrow and much of what we see being taught today is far from the Truth.

5. Absolutely Nick, I agree that we must obey His commandment to love  and that to abide in Him is to love as He loves.  

Thanks for your post – God Bless You!  Peace, Diana

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi D,
    The Ten Commandments are part of the Law that was given to the Jews but not the Gentiles.

We are not of the world.
    Lk16.16
    " The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John;since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached and everyone is forcing his way into it"

Dianalevich
    Participant

Hi Nick – I agree that the 10 Commandments were given to the Jews and not the Gentiles. However,when looking at the commandments all I see is positive, Godly direction for our life in relationship to Him, our Father and to other human beings. I agree that we are not of this world and after reading my post I realized that it seemed as if that is what I said. If you think about it, Yehshua summed up all of the ten commandments in the two greatest commandments and that of course is to love the Father and to love others as ourselves. My point in mentioning the 10 commadments as part of my walk with Him is that they are more then just a set of rules to live by. They reveal the foundation of our faith relationship with God and structure our moral relationship with others, which of course Jesus exsquisitely states in the NT. :) GBU! Peace, Diana

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi D,
    The foundation of our faith relationship with God is that we are reborn into His Son entering the gate by being born again of water and the Spirit.
    Scripture says
    "seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you"
    so this is number one priority.
    We cannot even see the kingdom till we are obedient and reborn.
    Jesus summed up the 10 commandments for the Jews when asked but he was not saying this is how to be saved. He was just summing up the Law for those under it as requested.

Yes they reveal righteous behaviors for after after we are saved but the Spirit should show us those anyway.

We are not saved by our own righteousness, which is as filthy rags, but, like the prodigal son, we put on the kingly robes of righteousness of Christ.

We must repent and be baptised into his death and raised up with him in the Spirit.

Dianalevich
    Participant

Hi Nick – I totally agree that Jesus does not say that in order to be "saved" we must follow the 10 commandments. What I am saying is that the 10 commandments are summed up in the greatest of all commandments which is love. For our salvation we must believe in the Son of God, which of course is Yeshua the Messiah or better known as Jesus Christ. John 3:1-21 Jesus tells Nicodemus how to be born again in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. Specifially He says, in John 3:16 that who ever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. It is true that we must repent and according to Mark 16:16 Jesus says whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, however I believe that particular verse was not found in the earlier manuscripts but added later. Regardless, the only way to the kingdom is through Jesus Christ. GBU! Diana :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Dianalevich @ July 14 2005,03:26)
    Hi Nick – I totally agree that Jesus does not say that in order to be "saved" we must follow the 10 commandments. What I am saying is that the 10 commandments are summed up in the greatest of all commandments which is love.  For our salvation we must believe in the Son of God, which of course is Yeshua the Messiah or better known as Jesus Christ.  John 3:1-21 Jesus tells Nicodemus how to be born again in order to enter the kingdom of heaven.  Specifially He says,  in John 3:16 that who ever believes in Him  shall not perish but have eternal life.  It is true that we must repent and according to Mark 16:16 Jesus says whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, however I believe that particular verse was not found in the earlier manuscripts but added later.  Regardless, the only way to the kingdom is through Jesus Christ.  GBU!  Diana  :)

Hi D, I would be interested in your claim made here. Do you have evidence?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Dianalevich @ July 14 2005,03:26)
    Hi Nick – I totally agree that Jesus does not say that in order to be "saved" we must follow the 10 commandments. What I am saying is that the 10 commandments are summed up in the greatest of all commandments which is love.  For our salvation we must believe in the Son of God, which of course is Yeshua the Messiah or better known as Jesus Christ.  John 3:1-21 Jesus tells Nicodemus how to be born again in order to enter the kingdom of heaven.  Specifially He says,  in John 3:16 that who ever believes in Him  shall not perish but have eternal life.  It is true that we must repent and according to Mark 16:16 Jesus says whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, however I believe that particular verse was not found in the earlier manuscripts but added later.  Regardless, the only way to the kingdom is through Jesus Christ.  GBU!  Diana  :)

Hi D,
    Belief in the Son of God is not sufficient for salvation unless you mean the sort of belief that involves actions taken.That sort of belief is illustrated all through the book of Acts, which is the teaching of Jesus Christ put in action by his followers.

Demons believe God is One, James tells us, but it does not help them a lot. Demons also knew who Jesus was when he confronted them but again it did not save them. Neither does knowledge save us but only obedience to that knowledge.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account