This site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 04 2007,17:19)
    hi jesus loves you ,seek him and he will lead you to the father,keep the fathers name not to use it for your self,for he is the great I AM  ,so if you repent and keep his name he will come down from heaven and talk with you ,and heal you of any sickness ,for he said if you keep my ways you will not see sickness or death,read exodus 3:14 …for he healed me and lowerd himself to come down and sup with me,and now me keep his name and his other 9 commandments,that are the same two great commandments.

Michaels, I'm curious about something….you say God's name is “I AM” and then say don't use his name for yourself. Is this the reason you refer to yourself this way: “Me thinks this or that….” Instead of saying “I think this or that….” Do you think that “I” is reserved only for God?

I am always encouraged by the fact that you encourage those you post to! You have a good heart, Michaels! :)

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Michaels;

Paul said, “I am crucified with Christ…” Galatians 2:20 When God said he did not want us to use his name what the Lord is referring to is the application of his name in vain, “thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain.” He also said he has magnified his word above all his name. I can say with confidence that you need not worry about saying I am. You should do a word study and see how many times in the Bible the phrase “I am” is used in the Bible. I would be interested in reading what you find out. Take care.

Steven

michaels
    Participant

hi not3in1 me try not to use i ,not because me believe its gods name,but to help train myself not to say gods name ,when refering to self,for if we said i it would be so easy to fall back into saying his name for ourselves.we used to say we when god first showed us,but when me would say, we are doing this ,or that, people would look at us as though we were crazy,for all they would see was me alone saying we going to the store,ect…well it truely should be we because god went everywhere with me.at one point me left first person out of speach totaly,me would say ,going to store ,or here or there,ect..people would ask who is going.? all of this was not so easy,not to speak proper engish any more ,but god led us thru.it seems to be easyer to comunicate with people useing some way to refer to self,our language is strange that we shold have to refer to self for others to undrstand,why cant we just say,store,or park,and people understand ,shouldent we refer to god in every statment rather than self.for our hearts should be set on him !

michaels
    Participant

mr steve me have allready done a word study ,not in mens ways but god showed me,jesus kept gods name and his saying, this is the key that god has given for us all,you can see plainly in scripture truth from error by this saying, seek and you will find,by him not me. isaiah 6:5-8 then said i woe is me! for i am undone,because i am a man of unclean lips,and i dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;for mine eyes have seen the king the lord of hosts. then flew one of the seraphim unto me, having a live coal in his hand,which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar. and he laid it upon my mouth and said,Lo this hath touched thy lips, and thy iniquity is taken away,and thy sin purged. Also I heard a voice of the Lord, saying Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? then said I , here am i ; send me. can you see how his language changed,hmmm ,he could have said here i am send me,hmmm seeek and you will find the truth,for this is only one insident in scripture their are many more ,may the lord lift the vail that all can see and come to him ,that the children will love the father as he loves us.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 05 2007,11:14)
    hi not3in1   me try not to use i ,not because me believe its gods name,but to help train myself not to say gods name ,when refering to self,for if we said i it would be so easy to fall back into saying his name for ourselves.we used to say we when god first showed us,but when me would say, we are doing this ,or that, people would look at us as though we were crazy,for all they would see was me alone saying we going to the store,ect…well it truely should be we because god went everywhere with me.at one point me left first person out of speach totaly,me would say ,going to store ,or here or there,ect..people would ask who is going.? all of this was not so easy,not to speak proper engish any more ,but god led us thru.it seems to be easyer to comunicate with people useing some way to refer to self,our language is strange that we shold have to refer to self for others to undrstand,why cant we just say,store,or park,and people understand ,shouldent we refer to god in  every statment rather than self.for our hearts should be set on him !

Michaels,

Bless you brother, I can see you are truly trying to please God in every aspect of your life. However, let me encourage you to use the English language like it is meant to be used, otherwise I fear that folks will not take you seriously because they may think you are not a learned man. Using phrases like, “Me thinks…” (with all due respect) makes you sound very ignorant. But each to his own, if this is what you have chosen for yourself then so be it. Just know it will be hard for others to relate to you.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi not3in1,

Very good advice without hurting someone unduly because of their beliefs.

Tim

michaels
    Participant

hi not3n1 thanks for the advice,but me realy dont mind makeing myself lowly like jesus did,for me is not concerned with respect from men,but only from the father who loves us all,this is not my kingdom and the only real things are of god from god,yet unlesss you know him you cannot see him or his kingdom,but his kingdom is at hand and me can see him and his kingdom,may the father lead you in all truth.

IM4Truth
    Participant

michaels You are really hard to understand, when you use we instead of I the right way. You also need to read the story of Saul in Acts Chapter 8 Yes Saul was a murderer, but God performed a Miracle on Him and changed His name to Paul. You are denying that. So you are saying that you now better then what God teaches us in the letters of Paul. You are forgetting that the Apostles where eye witnesses to the dead and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Also David in the Psalms was a murderer, and God called Him a Man of His own Heart. Both repented of their Sins, and were true to God, and the Apostles except John died for Christ. Please read and study Acts, ask God for wisdom and guidance of Gods Holy spirit first, before your Bible study. And most of all have an open mind. TimothyV1 are trying to help you too. Not3in1 is so very kind, why do you not listen to people that mean it so good with you? They too are witnesses for God. Does not Jesus give us the commandment to Love God with all of ours Heart and our neighbors as thyself? I hope and pray that you take Jesus Words to Heart, and do not judge Paul like that, it is a hard thing that you are calling Paul Anti-Christ, when HE DIED FOR CHRIST.
    Peace and Love Mrs.IM4Truth

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 05 2007,12:59)
    hi not3n1  thanks for the advice,but me realy dont mind makeing myself lowly like jesus did,for me is not concerned with respect from men,but only from the father who loves us all,this is not my kingdom and the only real things are of god from god,yet unlesss you know him you cannot see him or his kingdom,but his kingdom is at hand and me can see him and his kingdom,may the father lead you in all truth.

Jesus was indeed humble; he was also very intelligent and well spoken.  People marveled at his wisdom and manner of speaking.

Jesus used the present-day language correctly.  He even referred to himself as “I.”  Yet you do not believe that Jesus is God.

If we are to follow Jesus, let's follow him in all his ways (including using proper language).  This is for your benefit that I bring this up, Michaels.  I do believe you have a unique voice and ideas to add to this forum; however, what you have to add may be overlooked by those who think you only have a 1st grade education.  That would be a shame, don't you think? You had mentioned that folks don't seem to respond to you, well, this could be a reason why. Folks also may skip your post and not read it at all if it is not written using common English. Of course I am saying all of this with your best interest at heart, my dear brother in the Lord.

Sometimes when folks are passionate about the Lord and about certain subjects (I'm passionate about the “conception” and so called “preexistence” of the Lord), we tend to go a little over-board and possibly, too far to the right or left in our thinking.  It's nice to listen to brothers and sisters here who have a fresh perspective on the subjects we love.  For you, not using “I” because you believe it belongs to God only, seems to be a passion of yours.  Please listen to others who find it unusual and very hard to read and understand.  It does not do justice to our Lord's message either, brother.  

Jesus was very wise and well-spoken….follow him.
    Love to you and respect, Mandy
    :)

michaels
    Participant

hi me4truth you say they are (GOD'S) words in the letters of paul, yet he claims them to be his,his own gosple,he is the one claiming it to be his,while claiming to be GOD ,hmmm please dont point the finger at me ,me can only tell you what the father tells me. this verse is not directed at you in any way for you dont have your own gosple, but paul's gosple that you believe was from god. john 8:44-45 ye are of your father the devil ,and the lusts of your father ye will do.he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. when he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his (own); for he is a liar and the father of it. and because i tell you the truth you believe me not. pauls (own) gosple, not gods for god is not a liar.god does not cause division by slightly twisting the truth,for GOD is the truth and no lie can stand before him,for the truth is sharper than a two edged sword.

michaels
    Participant

you spoke of dead men that died for christ,hmmm did john ever see death? god is not the god of the dead but the liveing.

michaels
    Participant

diddent paul kill most of jesus true diciples,to steal away the truth before it could take root like satan always does,hmmm all jesus wanted to do was lead us to the father,yet we follow blind men,that dident even truely know jesus while he walked here.if they diddent know him how can they teach the truth,for he kept his true diciples in the truth,and in his father name,jesus only taught of the father not himself,.stories from people who were not with jesus,are just that, stories,for they dident truely know him.ask GOD he will tell you who his children were and are now.

michaels
    Participant

who was the devil jesus spoke of was it peter ,for he told peter ,get behind me satan,or could it have been judas, hmmm. GOD knows all things. ask him.he is our only teacher!

michaels
    Participant

when peter denied jesus, satan enterd in ,for satan is the father of lies.hmmm, god cannot abide in lies.or was satan allways in peter,for he lied and denied GOD ,when he denied jesus.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Debra @ Aug. 04 2007,17:13)
    Hi acertainchap
    what are your thoughts on this topic, do you think people are in Heaven?
    I'm not familiar with your views or why you feel the way you do, I've not read all of your posts, just a few here and there.

I don't believe there are people living in Heaven, but I do believe Heaven is inhabited. To speculate on by whom , would only be my ideas because I have no way of knowing apart from God, who lives in Heaven. I feel comfortable  not knowing, because I believe in God's promises to me, and wondering takes up alot my time ,it can be a distraction from God. My mind can't take too much knowledge it overloads.
    God bless.

I believe that the New Heaven will be on Earth and God will dwell with us forever and that the present heaven that people go to is the “third heaven”. That is, the clouds and the atmosphere on Earth are the first Heaven, the Universe with the stars, planets, moons, etc. make up the second Heaven, and the third Heaven is past the visible universe. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Aug. 07 2007,00:32)

Quote (Debra @ Aug. 04 2007,17:13)
    Hi acertainchap
    what are your thoughts on this topic, do you think people are in Heaven?
    I'm not familiar with your views or why you feel the way you do, I've not read all of your posts, just a few here and there.

I don't believe there are people living in Heaven, but I do believe Heaven is inhabited. To speculate on by whom , would only be my ideas because I have no way of knowing apart from God, who lives in Heaven. I feel comfortable  not knowing, because I believe in God's promises to me, and wondering takes up alot my time ,it can be a distraction from God. My mind can't take too much knowledge it overloads.
    God bless.

I believe that the New Heaven will be on Earth and God will dwell with us forever and that the present heaven that people go to is the “third heaven”. That is, the clouds and the atmosphere on Earth are the first Heaven, the Universe with the stars, planets, moons, etc. make up the second Heaven, and the third Heaven is past the visible universe. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Excellent ideas, Chap! I hadn't really thought about this in any detail.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account