This i testify

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Around 7 years ago I was living with some friends who after falling on some hard times were evicted, at that time another friend of mines was selling their house and asked me to live in it until the sale went through to keep the house up she was also supposed to pay me for it and with that money I was to leave town to move and return to my home town, now when the sale was done her boyfriend and many of her friends immediately swooped in to take advantage of her because of the sudden windfall from the profit of the sale but I was about to undergo a test of faith because the woman suddenly would not pay me nor tell me anything and I was left homeless so during that time God would teach me many things so God directed me to go to a few churches to seek help and at each one I received no help at all other than a smiling face these were different Christian denominations and finally I went to the Jehovah witnesses Kingdom Hall and I asked the “pastor” there if he could help and he told me to wait until after the service so I stayed and communed with them and after everyone had left the man asked what he could do for me. I told him the situation and asked if I could do some work to earn money for a bus ticket or if there was any elderly members of the congregation that could use some labor for a low price so that I could earn my ticket or whatever he could do. This man told me simply to go find a job and had not even a smile to offer and as he was leaving with his golf clubs to get in his car he didn't even offer me a ride or anything to eat or drink(Keep in mind this was August in Las Vegas) What a disappointment especially since right before then I had been studying the JW's and thought very highly of what they “Say” God revealed to me that all those churches I went to were not honoring Him withing a day or two after that God directed me to a bookstore where a man out of Nowhere said that the place he lived was looking for someone else to live with and share the knowledge of God so God rescued me after living there for 2 years after 2 years God had taught me so much that he led me to Canada and I had no reason why so this time I would be purposely causing my homelessness following what God willed for me to do, I had very little money so just enough to get there and maybe 20 Canadian dollars, God was completely with me so much so that peopleon the street were asking for money and I was sharing the money I had with no thought about not having it. I was only allowed to be there for 8 days and I only had bought a one way ticket so around the 4th day God led me to go to some churches for assistance and once again as before whether, Catholic or Protestant no one would help, some would give me the number to social services or tell me to get help from the government although that had big placards declaring they were the saints of God now this time I was only asking for a ride to the border or some assistance in getting me there before the time on my paperwork expired well on the 5th day I was at the park and this beautiful Muslim family was there and the little daughter offers me a cookie and I ask the father of the family where is a Mosque and he tells me so I go there the next morning extremely early and I knock and a young man in a white garment opens the door and I explain to him that I am tired and without shelter, he tells me to come right in hands me a mat and tells me to rest and being so tired I fall right to sleep a few hours later I wake up and that young man was gone but two other men came and they brought food and drink over to me and told me to eat I couldn't believe it the love and generosity they never asked me was I a Muslim or even preach at all (The funny thing is just before going on my journey was when God had led me to read The Quran so before then I had never even met a single Muslim) Anyway I notice at the time people start coming in because it happened to be Friday which is the day they congregate for prayer so I am sitting in this Mosque on a mat and more and more people are coming in praying and without any prompting the spaces first get filled up and then they purposely close the gaps to be elbow to elbow and I am just falling right into place although I had never been to a place like this and at that time when all the people are assembled someone does a prayer out of the Quran which in this particlar Mosque they were speaking in arabic so I didn't even know what they were saying but I knew it was from God Almighty and then suddenly The Holy Spirit came right down through the crown of my head and dwelled in me and I knew the truth of “living it” not just saying it they then assisted me with the money to get me to the border and when I left God guided me back over the border into Washington State where I had never been before within 24 hours I had a place to live and work, within 2 weeks I had met my wife and started a new business and then I did go back to my hometown preaching God for about 17 days and came back like I promised the one who then became my wife.

I shared this testimony with you all here today because God asked me to. Keep in mind this is what God wanted to teach me.

karmarie
    Participant

Wow,!

It is sad that churches turn people away like that! What? I cant believe that, I mean, do they read the bible? A sad thing indeed!

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Hmmmm
    In early church writtings it is said that The christians (back then thousands of years ago) would be poor but would make others rich, (because they gave everything away), and went the extra mile to help, as Jesus said, but….what on earth has happened!!!!!!

That is sad. But I am glad you found what you were looking for.

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 04 2009,18:09)
    I shared this testimony with you all here today because God asked me to. Keep in mind this is what God wanted to teach me.

I think I read it – it would've been easier with some paragraph breaks.

I wondered – did you mean God asked you to share this testimony with us today 7 years ago, or did you get asked to recently?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Douglas @ Sep. 05 2009,07:04)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 04 2009,18:09)

I think I read it – it would've been easier with some paragraph breaks.

I wondered – did you mean God asked you to share this testimony with us today 7 years ago, or did you get asked to recently?

The day I wrote it.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 04 2009,22:32)
    Wow,!

It is sad that churches turn people away like that! What? I cant believe that, I mean, do they read the bible? A sad thing indeed!

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Hmmmm
    In early church writtings it is said that The christians (back then thousands of years ago) would be poor but would make others rich, (because they gave everything away), and went the extra mile to help, as Jesus said, but….what on earth has happened!!!!!!

I will tell you another part of the story.

When I started this journey to Canada it was as if God was literally “with” me talking to me and guiding me a long the way so much so that when I arrived in Canada,

although I had never been there before God guided me directly to this beautiful park called Queen Victoria park, you would need a map to get there unless you knew where it was but God guided me as if I had GPS and I didn't even know where I was going or what I was looking for but yet I was walking with determination and purpose.

After about the third day I was so in unison with God I thought that perhaps I was just “Crazy” and I questioned this whole phenomenon and I asked God to show me that it was really him bound to me so close so He asked me if I wanted Him to stop interacting with me and I said yes(Figuring I could conjure up His voice and presence inside my head)

So at that point He stopped interacting and immediately I began freaking out because I suddenly was actually alone and realized that I had traveled to another country with no means of support or return and that is why I ran immediately to the churches.

I then knew that you must believe in God alone for salvation, doctrine and dogma mean nothing in comparison to a humble and contrite spirit, it is purity of heart that supercedes all, truly only the Pure of Heart shall see the kingdom of God.

People today are getting colder and colder preferring Doctrine and dogma over love they really should read the story of the good samaritan and understand what it means.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Test the spirits

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 07 2009,13:55)
    People today are getting colder and colder preferring Doctrine and dogma over love they really should read the story of the good samaritan and understand what it means.

Doctrine and dogma are far more comfortable for people than the truth. It isn't even just true of truths that can be called religious.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2009,14:00)
    Hi BD,
    Test the spirits

Nick,

If you left me hungry , thirsty, tired and without assistance you are not of God and that is the test of the Spirits.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi BD,
    Does the hand of Jesus not reach out to you?
    We cannot save but he can.

Did you expect the whore to take pity on you?

eveh
    Participant

I would like to add that a church is just the people inside it. There are many churches who are good at helping others as myself, a Katrina victim, can testify about. The churches reached out to us here on the MS Gulf Coast, before we saw any government help. It is the churches that get people through these disasters around the country, every time. I don't belong to a church and a lot of them are teaching false doctrine that is for sure, but they are filled with good people who mean well and will help other people in time of need. Of course, I live in a small town with no mega churches here, just small ones with our friends and neighbors where we all know each other. So, some churches do practice what they preach when it comes to helping others.

Participant

Hi BD:

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I am sure that there are many “good” muslim people, and I am glad that they helped you.

You keep referring to “good Samaritan” story that Jesus related in the bible. Obviously, those who professed to be Christians were not obeying this principle.

God has also led you to this forum so that you can hear the truth, and that is that Jesus gave his life so that whosoever believes in him can be reconciled to Our God. The blood that he shed is the proptiation for our sins, and without this provision none will be saved. Jesus is God's gift of love to humanity.

I love you and desire the very best that God has to offer for you and your family.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

karmarie
    Participant

When I started this journey to Canada it was as if God was literally “with” me talking to me and guiding me a long the way so much so that when I arrived in Canada,

although I had never been there before God guided me directly to this beautiful park called Queen Victoria park, you would need a map to get there unless you knew where it was but God guided me as if I had GPS and I didn't even know where I was going or what I was looking for but yet I was walking with determination and purpose.

After about the third day I was so in unison with God I thought that perhaps I was just “Crazy” and I questioned this whole phenomenon and I asked God to show me that it was really him bound to me so close so He asked me if I wanted Him to stop interacting with me and I said yes(Figuring I could conjure up His voice and presence inside my head)

So at that point He stopped interacting and immediately I began freaking out because I suddenly was actually alone and realized that I had traveled to another country with no means of support or return and that is why I ran immediately to the churches.

I then knew that you must believe in God alone for salvation, doctrine and dogma mean nothing in comparison to a humble and contrite spirit, it is purity of heart that supercedes all, truly only the Pure of Heart shall see the kingdom of God.

Hi BD

Yes people today are geting colder and colder, the bible prophesised this would happen. It is sad.

Know that to walk with God is a great thing. A priveledge! And something pretty special. Bless you, and your family

karmarie

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 09 2009,10:51)

Hi BD

Yes people today are geting colder and colder, the bible prophesised this would  happen. It is sad.  

Know that to walk with God is a great thing. A priveledge! And something pretty special. Bless you, and your family

karmarie

It's an interesting story but I'm always curious and always have questions.

The first thing I wondered is why – why God would ask you to share the testimony with these people in this place and this time? (there should be a reason)

Then the second thing I wondered – how many of the people who read this site and fervently believe in God really credit the possibility that God might still speaks to people today?

The first is my curiosity, being always nosy. The second is a logical question – if so many of you believe in the bible and in god why would you not respond more strongly when someone indicates that God speaks to them? You have your bible of ancient stories, and I know there may be people who make up things like divine contact, and people who are mentally ill and for whom it is within their minds – but if I understand your hopes of salvation and your beliefs and religion well enough – wouldn't it be very important to find out more – in case you actually have found someone whom God can speak to? Is what you believe in not important enough to do that?

For the record I am accusing Bodhitharta of neither of those first two things since:
    – What possible gain is there in making it up?
    – He seems lucid and coherent
    – The possibility God speaks to people is not eliminated in my world view

Personally I would be interested in anything God asked him to say. I have data I can correlate it with (taking my usual somewhat skeptical outlook).

But most of the rest of you – if your God comes knocking – or you even think he might have – wouldn't you answer the door to find out?

followerofJesus
    Participant

bodhitharta

That was a very powerful testimony

You have helped me a lot more than you know

For God has revealed a lot to me

Something…Evil

Has Plans for me

That was supposed to happen on my Birthday Oct 9

I have been freaking out lately thinking I would become something so Abominable

And that God Would either Save me or Destroy me

For I know that God gives people A LOT of chances, but if they don't take it. their dealt with

It's sad to hear that people in the Church only speak Christianinty but when it comes to helping your fellow man it is another story
    (I do not know their situation I will try not to judge)

I have been feeling rather distant from God Although the lesson I think is that God is the only one we should trust the only one who will never let us down and he will always come through for us

Though trusting…….is hard

Peace and God bless you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FOJ,
    You must be born again.
    Get your feet on the rock and lay the foundation stone.
    Be made a living stone useful to God when placed in the temple wall.[eph2]

followerofJesus
    Participant

Hey Nick Hassan

I am born again

I know the Importance of being Born again

It was by faith that I was born again

Jesus explained to Nicodemus how important it is to be born again

born again or not that does not mean that Evil would leave you (christians) alone

when someone is born again they still have to grow, fellowship, obey God, meditate on the Bible

It is obvious that the Bible is the most powerful book ever.

It does not matter how many times you read it there is always something new to learn

Though i agree with you on “get your feet on the rock and lay the foundation stone.”

Because Christ is the Rock and protection, Safe place and redeemer

followerofJesus
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 04 2009,22:32)
    Wow,!

Hmmmm

I completely agree with karmarie

For Christ set the example for us all

When you read the word you can clearly see that he was completely selfless

Doing the will of the Father

Showing his love for them by the things he done, the people he helped, the lessons he taught

Often we should ask ourselves How did Jesus do it?

For he has gone through it all

But never left you Hebrews 13:5 Joshua 1:5

To God be the glory!!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (followerofJesus @ Oct. 13 2009,11:44)
    Hey Nick Hassan

I am born again

born again or not that does not mean that Evil would leave you (christians) alone

when someone is born again they still have to grow, fellowship, obey God, meditate on the Bible

It does not matter how many times you read it there is always something new to learn

Though i agree with you on “get your feet on the rock and lay the foundation stone.”

Hi FOJ,
    You must be born again of water and the Spirit.

followerofJesus
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 18 2009,06:03)

Quote (followerofJesus @ Oct. 13 2009,11:44)
    Hey Nick Hassan

I am born again

Hi FOJ,
    You must be born again of water and the Spirit.

NH

I do not want to continue arguing with you

You obviously do not listen and or refuse to accept that I have been born again

Thankfully I do not need your approval to be born again

That is between me and God

May God watch over you, watch over all of us.

Even though one is born again does not mean that they should not still grow in the Lord

Does not mean that you would no longer sin,

We are still in need of forgiveness and only through Jesus are we forgiven, reedemed, our sins washed away

It is by his blood that we are cleansed of our sins

Jesus is the one who reconcilliated man to God

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account