They sold thier souls for rock and roll

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 25 2011,06:11)

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 23 2011,22:34)
    By the way, I found this in investigating Georges claim along time ago-

But in the case of VICARIVS FILII DEI, they do add up to 666. Isolate the numbers and this is what you get: 5 (v) + 1 (i) + 100 © + 1 (i) + 5 (V) + 1 (i) + 50 (L) + 1 (i) + 1 (i) + 500 (d) + 1 (i) = 666.

But there are problems with this. The first is that Vicarius Filii Dei, or “Vicar of the Son of God,” is not now, nor has it ever been, a title of the bishop of Rome. The second problem is that virtually no one, including many unsuspecting lay Catholics, knows that this papal “title” is a fabrication. To an untrained ear, it sounds enough like one of the pope's real titles, Vicarius Christi (Vicar of Christ), to pass the test. Unfortunately for those who traffic in this particular piece of pope fiction, the real title, Vicarius Christi, adds up to only a measly 214, not the infernal 666. In fact, none of the pope's official titles, such as Servus Servorum Dei (Servant of the Servants of God), Pontifex Maximus (Supreme Pontiff), or Successor Petri (Successor of Peter), will add up to 666. That's why you never see any of them used by anti-Catholics.

If the person making this claim disputes these facts, ask him to furnish even one example of a papal decree, ecclesiastical letter, conciliar statement, or any other official Catholic document in which the pope calls himself or is referred to as the “Vicar of the Son of God.” He won't be able to find one, because none exist. Vicarius Filii Dei has never been a title of the pope.

Can ya'll find an official church canon document showing this? Also, In my whole life, I have never seen a pope wear a crown, much less a crown inscribed with anything, just funny looking pointed hats. Peace-<ark

Mark!  Whatever the Catholics believe about the Pop, it is fact that He still wears the Tiara, is it not? Don't they still call Him Holy Father?  Also I have not touched on the Mass.  There is so much more then what most Catholics don.t know.  We have a Book called the Two Babylonians, if you could get a hold of that, I recommend you read it…..I really don't believe that the Government of the Church will change, do you?  I know you are hoping some will.  And then what?  Will you then be a leader and leave the Church?.Mark I love you and mean well nothing against you personal….
    Peace and Love Irene

By the way Irene, I do think they will change. They will have no choice. When Jesus sits on his throne and tells everyone whats what, things will change. All I know is that I will not be one of the ones that Jesus says “Why didn't you read the bible, and discern what was wrong, and say anything? You read hundreds of books, why not mine? Also why did you trust someone else to tell you what it ment and not discern for yourself?” Weather or not they change is up to them. I really pray they wake up soon, it's getting late in the game, and time is running out. I do not participate in anything I find scripturally contradictory. Jesus didn't either. The temple in Jerusalem was God's church, run by very hypocritical evil greedy sinful pharasees, and a few good men in the minority, like it is today. Jesus still went, and preached to love your enemys,even if they are the leaders of the church. I think the meek and humble people in my church are straight, but the further up the chain you go the worse it gets. It fulfils what Jesus said “the last will be first and the first will be last”   I do though, pray every day for Jesus to come, and set them and all the churches and humanity straight. I can't wait. Peace-Mark

theodorej
    Participant

But in the case of VICARIVS FILII DEI, they do add up to 666. Isolate the numbers and this is what you get: 5 (v) + 1 (i) + 100 © + 1 (i) + 5 (V) + 1 (i) + 50 (L) + 1 (i) + 1 (i) + 500 (d) + 1 (i) = 666.

But there are problems with this. The first is that Vicarius Filii Dei, or “Vicar of the Son of God,” is not now, nor has it ever been, a title of the bishop of Rome. The second problem is that virtually no one, including many unsuspecting lay Catholics, knows that this papal “title” is a fabrication. To an untrained ear, it sounds enough like one of the pope's real titles, Vicarius Christi (Vicar of Christ), to pass the test. Unfortunately for those who traffic in this particular piece of pope fiction, the real title, Vicarius Christi, adds up to only a measly 214, not the infernal 666. In fact, none of the pope's official titles, such as Servus Servorum Dei (Servant of the Servants of God), Pontifex Maximus (Supreme Pontiff), or Successor Petri (Successor of Peter), will add up to 666. That's why you never see any of them used by anti-Catholics.

If the person making this claim disputes these facts, ask him to furnish even one example of a papal decree, ecclesiastical letter, conciliar statement, or any other official Catholic document in which the pope calls himself or is referred to as the “Vicar of the Son of God.” He won't be able to find one, because none exist. Vicarius Filii Dei has never been a title of the pope.

Can ya'll find an official church canon document showing this? Also, In my whole life, I have never seen a pope wear a crown, much less a crown inscribed with anything, just funny looking pointed hats. Peace-<ark

Mark!  Whatever the Catholics believe about the Pop, it is fact that He still wears the Tiara, is it not? Don't they still call Him Holy Father?  Also I have not touched on the Mass.  There is so much more then what most Catholics don.t know.  We have a Book called the Two Babylonians, if you could get a hold of that, I recommend you read it…..I really don't believe that the Government of the Church will change, do you?  I know you are hoping some will.  And then what?  Will you then be a leader and leave the Church?.Mark I love you and mean well nothing against you personal….
    Peace and Love Irene

Greetings Irene ….. The book is “The Two Babylons”…it is a great reference source that outlines the evolutionary path of the Roman church with emphasis on dogmatic rituals including the origin of holydays…

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Mar. 12 2011,01:09)

Peace and Love Irene

Greetings Irene ….. The book is “The Two Babylons”…it is a great reference source that outlines the evolutionary path of the Roman church with emphasis on dogmatic rituals including the origin of holydays…

Hi Theo! Do you have the “Two Babylonians??? Peace Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Irene

the two babylon ,by Alexander Hislop

Pierre

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 12 2011,15:54)
    Irene

the two babylon  ,by Alexander Hislop

Pierre

Yes, Pierre, do you own one, we do….Peace Irene

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account