The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi oxy,
    And if you do you will also
    2Jn
    8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 20 2007,12:01)
    Hi oxy,
    And if you do you will also
    2Jn
    8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Isn't having a relationship with our Lord, in accordance to the Scriptures, abiding in the doctrine of Christ?

You can study Scripture and even get certificates and letters after your name for doing so, but that doesn't make you a Christian. We both know that there are sects that study the Bible religiously, but don't know the Lord.

The doctrine of Christ tells us to have a relationship with Jesus because He is the way to the Father.

I posed a question to you a couple of times before. I asked you if you know the Lord's voice. I don't ever remember you saying in any of your posts that the Lord told you something. Does He ever talk to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    No it is not the same.

No one can claim to follow the Lord without abiding in the scriptures.
    Those that do fellowship with the Father and the Son.

The voice of the Lord to me is a gentle guiding wind.
    It reflects also in the beauty and harmony of the whole bible.
    Many men hear voices in their heads and they are found to be mad.

kenrch
    Participant

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 20 2007,13:07)
    Hi Oxy,
    No it is not the same.

No one can claim to follow the Lord without abiding in the scriptures.
    Those that do fellowship with the Father and the Son.

The voice of the Lord to me is a gentle guiding wind.
    It reflects also in the beauty and harmony of the whole bible.
    Many men hear voices in their heads and they are found to be mad.

Nick, having read your comment I am led to believe you have never been baptised in the Holy Spirit. That would explain a lot.

The Holy Spirit is a free gift from the Father to all who ask. He will get you hearing voices lol. You will hear the Lord's voice!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    If your fruit was a love of truth as written then I should listen.
    Cast away the teachings of men if you are the servant you claim to be.
    Clinging to trinity falsehoods is not the work of the Spirit of God.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 20 2007,16:01)
    Hi Oxy,

Here am I, banging my head against a brick wall still.

Am I labelled as a trinitarian because I believe the Holy Spirit to be the way Jesus described Him? The words Jesus used to describe the Holy Spirit were He, Him, Whom.

That same Holy Spirit Hears, Speaks, Guides, Teaches, Comforts, etc etc.

I (once again) do NOT believe in a co-equal Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but I do believe in Father Son and Holy Spirit the way they are described in Scripture.

If you were baptised in the Holy Spirit you would have understanding in this matter. Jesus was baptised with the Holy Spirit, so why don't you follow His example. You've got nothing to lose and a heap to gain.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 20 2007,14:09)

Hi Oxy,

Am I labelled as a trinitarian because I believe the Holy Spirit to be the way Jesus described Him? The words Jesus used to describe the Holy Spirit were He, Him, Whom.

I (once again) do NOT believe in a co-equal Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but I do believe in Father Son and Holy Spirit the way they are described in Scripture.

If you were baptised in the Holy Spirit you would have understanding in this matter. Jesus was baptised with the Holy Spirit, so why don't you follow His example. You've got nothing to lose and a heap to gain.

Question Oxy, In the beginning was the Word and God where was the third person?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 20 2007,16:12)

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 20 2007,14:09)

Hi Oxy,

Am I labelled as a trinitarian because I believe the Holy Spirit to be the way Jesus described Him?  The words Jesus used to describe the Holy Spirit were He, Him, Whom.

If you were baptised in the Holy Spirit you would have understanding in this matter.  Jesus was baptised with the Holy Spirit, so why don't you follow His example.  You've got nothing to lose and a heap to gain.

Question Oxy, In the beginning was the Word and God where was the third person?

Hovering.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form and empty. And darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters.
    —————————-

If the Spirit was God, then surely it would have said that God moved, rather than the Spirit of God…..
    ———————————————-

Remember also when the Holy Spirit came upon Jesus that the Father spoke from Heaven.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when He had been baptized, went up immediately out of the water. And lo, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting upon Him.
    Mat 3:17 And lo, a voice from Heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The Spirit was on Jesus, and the voice came from Heaven.
    —————————

Also, if the Holy Spirit is actually God, then the voice should have come out of Jesus in the following voice, because the Holy Spirit was in Him.

Luk 9:35 And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is My Son, the Beloved, hear Him.

kenrch
    Participant

Then John 1:1 isn't talking about the beginning? The very beginning, before anything there was the Word and the Word was with God and was God. No mention of a third person, Oxy NONE!

kenrch
    Participant

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Oxy what moved upon the face of the water? Was it a separate person?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 20 2007,16:47)
    Then John 1:1 isn't talking about the beginning?  The very beginning, before anything there was the Word and the Word was with God and was God.  No mention of a third person, Oxy NONE!

That's right Kenrch. There is no mention of the Spirit in that verse because John was focused on Jesus.

He was introducing the amazing phenomenon of the Word of God becoming flesh. This was a huge thing to them because they had been taught about the Word of God through the Scriptures, and now here He is, born as a baby!

Later on John picks up on the Holy Spirit, as you well know in verse 32.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 20 2007,14:58)

Then John 1:1 isn't talking about the beginning? The very beginning, before anything there was the Word and the Word was with God and was God. No mention of a third person, Oxy NONE!

That's right Kenrch. There is no mention of the Spirit in that verse because John was focused on Jesus.

He was introducing the amazing phenomenon of the Word of God becoming flesh. This was a huge thing to them because they had been taught about the Word of God through the Scriptures, and now here He is, born as a baby!

Was that the same Spirit that moved on the Water in Genesis?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 20 2007,17:01)

Then John 1:1 isn't talking about the beginning?  The very beginning, before anything there was the Word and the Word was with God and was God.  No mention of a third person, Oxy NONE!

That's right Kenrch.  There is no mention of the Spirit in that verse because John was focused on Jesus.

Well the Scriptures don't say God moved on the waters. They say it was the Spirit of God.

I would say yes, the same Holy Spirit.

kenrch
    Participant

John was focused on the Word and God. God being three persons why didn't John mention the third person God?
    In the beginning the scripture say their was two…the Word and God but then the word was God. That Word became flesh. Where was the spirit in the beginning? The Spirit was God. The same Spirit that moved upon the waters… God's Spirit Not a third separate person but God's Spirit.

1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Where is the third person? HE seems to be missing again. He was missing in the beginning and Paul doesn't give grace from the third person. Just the Father and Son! Why?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 20 2007,17:13)

That's right Kenrch.  There is no mention of the Spirit in that verse because John was focused on Jesus.

John was focused on the Word and God.  God being three persons why didn't John mention the third person God?
    In the beginning the scripture say their was two…the Word and God but then the word was God.  That Word became flesh.  Where was the spirit in the beginning?  The Spirit was God.  The same Spirit that moved upon the waters… God's Spirit Not a third separate person but God's Spirit.

1Co 1:3  Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Where is the third person?  HE seems to be missing again.  He was missing in the beginning and Paul doesn't give grace from the third person.  Just the Father and Son!  Why?

If that is so Kenrch, did God descend on Jesus at His baptism? And if so, whose was the voice from Heaven?

Scripture plainly states that as the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus at His baptism, the voice from Heaven said “This is my Son…”

I don't doubt that God can throw His voice, but………

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 20 2007,15:22)

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 20 2007,17:13)

John was focused on the Word and God. God being three persons why didn't John mention the third person God?
    In the beginning the scripture say their was two…the Word and God but then the word was God. That Word became flesh. Where was the spirit in the beginning? The Spirit was God. The same Spirit that moved upon the waters… God's Spirit Not a third separate person but God's Spirit.

1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Where is the third person? HE seems to be missing again. He was missing in the beginning and Paul doesn't give grace from the third person. Just the Father and Son! Why?

If that is so Kenrch, did God descend on Jesus at His baptism? And if so, whose was the voice from Heaven?

Scripture plainly states that as the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus at His baptism, the voice from Heaven said “This is my Son…”

I don't doubt that God can throw His voice, but………

Again Oxy was that the same Spirit that moved upon the waters? And the same Spirit that is poured upon flesh?

Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit;

Is the Spirit of God a different person as HIS SON?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 20 2007,15:11)

Well the Scriptures don't say God moved on the waters.  They say it was the Spirit of God.  

Hi Oxy,
    Guesswork?
    What about Ps 139
    7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    Was the Psalmist unable to hide from God AND the Spirit?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 20 2007,15:11)

Well the Scriptures don't say God moved on the waters. They say it was the Spirit of God.

Well there you have it's GOD'S SPIRIT not a separate person. I believe the Holy Spirit is God but not a separate person.

God bless,

Ken

Oxy
    Participant

Who has deceived you?

Jesus said “He, the Holy Spirit” “Whom” as I have pointed out before. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit FROM the Father. He didn't say He was sending the Father.

I might just have to leave you guys to it. Getting a headache from the brick wall lol.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account