The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    So when you turn off the switch your bulbs not only go out
    but disappear and have to be replaced??
    Not a good analogy.

Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 21 2008,22:34)
    I believe soul is the resultant of body and spirit but it doesn't exist without these two as per Gen 2:7.

Further it can be explained in this way;
    To illustrate, let us compare the body to a light bulb being out, the spirit to electricity, and the soul to the light bulb turned on by electricity.

When we cut off the power, the lighted bulb (the soul) ceases to exist, because electricity (the spirit) has left it. Only a light bulb switched off remains, that is, the body without life.

As long as we are alive we are composed of body,spirit and soul if we are dead our spirit goes to God and body remains here and the soul cease to exist. This is the way we can understand 1 Th 5:23.

Let others also share their views.
    Thanks
    Adam

Hi Adam:

What about this scripture if what you are saying is correct?

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Hanoch @ July 22 2008,02:30)
    The Word of God is living and sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces in sunder soul and spirit; that is, it is sharp enough to pierce even in sunder your thoughts Luke 2:35 and correct you and show you plainly when you are thinking YOUR own soul's thoughts and when you are thinking God's Spirit's thoughts Is. 55:8.

It don't think it is known what exactly the soul is… in eternity, the Spirit, Soul and Word co-existed eternally. Time is the space between the spirit-soul-action and the consequence or reward for those actions.

The soul is the experiential center of the being. The soul “clings” either to the Spirit, or the body. “Choose this day: life or death, blessings or curses…” + “Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.” = Spirit is life and blessings; to walk in the flesh is death and curses Rom. 8:6 + Col 3:2
    You can only experience that which you give attention to; one or the other; you can't hold both, “for either you will hate the one and love the other or you will love the one and hate the other…” Matt 6:24
    Therefore we must live by faith, but the Word divides between what is “faith” that comes from God and “faith” that is not in God, which are your own thoughts.

The one that does the walking Gal 5:16, though, is the soul.

The spirit doesn't change; the body doesn't change (or, it wouldn't change if we hadn't sinned in Adam, but basically its nature doesn't change), only the soul becomes more spiritual or carnal/independant from God.

The soul that sins will die: it is no longer in the water of life/spirit; it is like a boat trying to float in mud.

Good points Hanoch.
    Thanks.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother 942767,
    I could not follow your question fully. In the verse you quoted above only talks about the resurrection and bodily transformation at Parousia of Jesus. As I have told soul is the resultant of body and spirit. In resurrection a new spiritual body will be given with along with the spirit there again the soul will come into existence as a result of spiritual body and spirit. This is all I understand and I don't believe in any immortality of souls which is only possible in our Hindu mythology here in India where we believe re-incarnation of soul till reaches Moksha(heaven).
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Souls come back into existence?
    Rev6

9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

gollamudi
    Participant

I am not talking about the soul as a person but as a part of a person. The word soul can be have different meanings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You may be right.
    Perhaps “soul” can be another way of saying a person?
    “a soul who sins..”

gollamudi
    Participant

That's what I was telling but do you believe our souls are eternal or immortal?
    Do mortal souls(persons) have memory or knowledge about things happenning after their death?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    How could souls be immortal if they are able to be destroyed in the lake of fire?[Mt10.28]

gollamudi
    Participant

So we both agree that souls are not immortals. But what will be their status when we die?

pulivarthy
    Participant

hi,all
    i am sarath babu from india.i wan to know whether trinity is best doctrine( some what matching all prophesies) or not.please let me know.

sarath pulivarthy

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi sarath,
    Welcome to this wonderful family of Heavennet. you will see many brothers and sisters those who match your beliefs and some who differ. But certainly you will learn many unlearned concepts from the scriptures.
    I am happy about you being a fellow Indian and also my friend in the Lord.
    May God bless you.
    Adam

pulivarthy
    Participant

hi adam,
    I thank you very much for your greetings.
    sarath pulivarthy

gollamudi
    Participant

So you are ready to participate in the debate on the topic “the will of God”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    We should continue in the appropriate thread.

Irene
    Participant

Hello sarath! Welcome and I hope that you will both fellowship and help to understand some doctrine that are not in the Bible at all, like the trinity. For that explanation however we would have to go to that thread called trinity. I wish you all the best.
    Peace and Love Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2008,06:58)
    Hi GM,
    We should continue in the appropriate thread.

Thanks for that welcome brother Nick.

pulivarthy
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ July 23 2008,07:34)
    Hello sarath! Welcome and I hope that you will both fellowship and help to understand some doctrine that are not in the Bible at all, like the trinity. For that explanation however we would have to go to that thread called trinity. I wish you all the best.
    Peace and Love Irene

hi ire,

in the bible in some book , it was mentioned 'a threefold cord never be broken' what do you say?but, practically a three fold cord can be broken also.not even three, but more than threefold cord can also be broken.

is it the will of one thread(god) to crush another thread(jesus)?
    however, i don'n want to go behind any doctrine as such the word'doctrine' is not there in bible.
    what do you say about god,son, holy spirit and their relationship.
    sarath

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Jesus is the Son of God who was filled with God's Spirit..
    That should end the questions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Do all servants obey their master despite grace?
    no

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account