The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God's will is done and always has been and always will be. We are wise to be aligned with that will and allow Him to use us as vessels to do His will. He has a role in the body of Christ for each of of us in Christ and if we seek it it will be shown to us.

Proverbs 24:14
    “Know that wisdom is thus for your soul;If you find it, then there will be a future,And your hope will not be cut off.”

Jeremiah 29:11
    'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.”

Mk 3
    “35”For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

Eph 6
    ” 6not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.”

Heb 10
    ” 36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. “

1Peter 4
    “2so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. “

1Jn 2
    ” 17The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.”

Lk 11
    ” 9And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. “

James 1
    ” 5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

Matt 6
    “10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. “

2 Timothy 2:21
    “Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The grace of God works through the will of the sons of God
    Phil 2
    ” 13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.”

Those who present their bodies to be used of God will walk in that path.
    Rom 12

“1Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
    2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. “

and we should seek to know that will

“15Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,

16making the most of your time, because the days are evil.

17So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

18And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is the safe place on the rock.
    Seek it daily

Phoenix
    Participant

Ummm…. call me dumb or forgetful but could you refreshen my mind and explain to me what the Will of God is please?

Sorry

Hugs
    Phoenix:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    God has a plan for men to find salvation in His Son and when they have obeyed He has a role for you to play in the church, the body of Christ, and He will supply you with all the grace you need to make that yoke easy. Pray every day for Him to show you His will.. and He will open amazing doors for you.

Follow Jesus.
    Lk 22
    ” 42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.”

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Feb. 18 2007,21:36)
    Ummm…. call me dumb or forgetful but could you refreshen my mind and explain to me what the Will of God is please?

Sorry

Hugs
    Phoenix:(

This is the will of God, but most here will deny that He can accomplish his will.

1 Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour

1 Ti 2:4 Who WILL have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

His will is that all men be saved, but most people say that he can't accomplish that will because mans free will is greater than God's will.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tim,
    Jn 1
    “4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”

Jn 3
    ” 35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

All are invited.

TimothyVI
    Participant

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Why do you suppose that Timothy said “ALL MEN, SPECIALLY OF THOSE THAT BELIEVE”?
    Doesn't the “specially” indicate that they were included with the all, and that the rest are not excluded.

I see a statement, not an invitation.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    All who are saved are saved by God.
    Some are saved are not even said to be believers.
    They are saved by the pure mercy of God.

Matthew 22:10
    So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry, I thought that it was your belief that only the ones that accepted the invitation, the believers, were saved.
    The non believers were condemned.

tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    There is a WAY, the way of following Jesus, that all are urged to be saved by, that leads to the first resurrection into the sabbath rest of 1000 years [heb 4]. However many will be saved through the sheep and goat judgement after the second resurrection and some just by the sovereign mercy of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    I may sound like a broken record, but you will never understand Gods ways unless you “correctly cut the word of truth” (2Tim. 2:15) The 'Old Testament” and the teachings of Jesus, (still under the Old Covenant), and the law, were spoken to the Jews. Also the books of Hebrews, James, 1 & 2 Peter, 1,2,&3 John, and Jude were to the Jews. Only Pauls epistles are for the Gentiles. This is not to say that we shoudn't read these, but must remember they are FOR us, but not ABOUT us. They are all neccessary to understand what God is doing. (“All is of God”). I know this is difficult to understand, being that most all denominations do not understand this either. But it is frustrating to keep quoting scripture to those of us that are now under “Grace”, that apply only to those who were still under the “Law”.
    I know this will be strange to most, but it is neccessary if you want to understand Gods ways. “All is of God”, if your understanding thinks otherwise, then understanding is clouded.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The teacher is working with us to draw us to the perfect will of God for us but God is patient.
    Romans 12:2
    And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
    Colossians 4:12
    Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bondslave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God
    1 Peter 5:10
    After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 21 2007,16:24)
    Hi Nick.
        I may sound like a broken record, but you will never understand Gods ways unless you “correctly cut the word of truth” (2Tim. 2:15)  The 'Old Testament” and the teachings of Jesus, (still under the Old Covenant), and the law, were spoken to the Jews.  Also the books of Hebrews, James, 1 & 2 Peter, 1,2,&3 John, and Jude were to the Jews.  Only Pauls epistles are for the Gentiles.  This is not to say that we shoudn't read these, but must remember they are FOR us, but not ABOUT us.  They are all neccessary to understand what God is doing. (“All is of God”).  I know this is difficult to understand, being that most all denominations do not understand this either.  But it is frustrating to keep quoting scripture to those of us that are now under “Grace”, that apply only to those who were still under the “Law”.
        I know this will be strange to most, but it is neccessary if you want to understand Gods ways.   “All is of God”, if your understanding thinks otherwise, then understanding is clouded.

Blessings.

Hi Chosenone:

Can you explain what being under grace means to you?

Thanks

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767.
    I will try my best to explain. Gods chosen people, the Jews, were given the “Law” when God made the “Old Covenant' with them. If they obeyed the law, then when the Messiah arrived and they accepted Him, He would lead them to the “Promised Land”, and they, with Christ the King would be a nation of “Priests and Kings”. Then they were to go out to the 'Nations' (Gentiles), and teach Gods ways, (Matt,28:19) (Most believe that this is “the for “great commision” for the church today, this is error). As you already know, this never happened, they (the Jews) could not keep the law, (the flesh cannot please God), they murdered their “Messiah”, thereby breaking the “Covenant” with God. God has now 'set them (the Jews) aside, and turned to the Gentiles (Acts). During this present Eon, the Gentiles are now joint partakers with God (Jew and Gentile alike).
    The death and resurrection of Christ has now “Justified” all, God no longer sees our sin, we have been “Conciliated to God”. God is now placing those HE choses into the “Body of Christ” as He wills. This is by the “Grace of God”. Gods dealing with the Jews was to show that mankind cannot “earn” or do ANYTHING to justify himself. Grace is Gods way of justifying us, something we cannot “earn” , “buy”, or “refuse”. God can change the heart of worst sinner, Grace is God working in us. “The flesh cannot please God”. We are saved by “the Grace of God”. I know this is against orthodox teaching, but this is the truth, “All is of God”. Any one that believes they have to do “something” to 'earn', 'qualify', self for salvation, does not understand Gods Word. They have a need to “boast” that they somehow are responsible for their salvation, that they 'know' what is to be done, while those that are lost do not.
    The Grace of God is something that cannot be earned, or qualified for, or bought at any price. It is totally, and only, given by God. When all is done, at the “Consummation”, God will be “All in all”.
    I know this is a quick, and somewhat crude explanation, but I hope it is sufficient for anyone that truely is seeking God, will realize that we are totally “clay” in Gods hands, and He is the author of all.

All is of God (Ro.11:36). God is operating all according to the council of His will (Eph.1:11).

God bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    All can access the benefits won in Christ but if a man not be reborn and have the Spirit of Christ he is none of his [Rom8]. Only later will the Spirit of God be poured out on all flesh [Jl 2]

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    “All is of God”. (WE) can do nothing to save ourselves, lest we boast. When quoting scripture when still under the old covenant, yes, they could “earn” their salvation. But this was not possible, they failed. We are now not under the law, but under “Grace”.

Blessings.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 22 2007,18:08)
    Hi 942767.
        I will try my best to explain.  Gods chosen people, the Jews, were given the “Law” when God made the “Old Covenant' with them.  If they obeyed the law, then when the Messiah arrived and they accepted Him, He would lead them to the “Promised Land”, and they, with Christ the King would be a nation of “Priests and Kings”.  Then they were to go out to the 'Nations' (Gentiles), and teach Gods ways, (Matt,28:19)  (Most believe that this is “the for “great commision” for the church today, this is error).  As you already know, this never happened, they (the Jews) could not keep the law, (the flesh cannot please God), they murdered their “Messiah”, thereby breaking the “Covenant” with God.  God has now 'set them (the Jews) aside, and turned to the Gentiles (Acts).  During this present Eon, the Gentiles are now joint partakers with God (Jew and Gentile alike).  
        The death and resurrection of Christ has now “Justified” all,  God no longer sees our sin, we have been “Conciliated to God”.  God is now placing those HE choses into the “Body of Christ” as He wills.  This is by the “Grace of God”.  Gods dealing with the Jews was to show that mankind cannot “earn” or do ANYTHING to justify himself.  Grace is Gods way of justifying us, something we cannot “earn” , “buy”, or “refuse”.  God can change the heart of worst sinner, Grace is God working in us.  “The flesh cannot please God”. We are saved by “the Grace of God”.  I know this is against orthodox teaching, but this is the truth, “All is of God”.  Any one that believes they have to do “something” to 'earn', 'qualify', self for salvation, does not understand Gods Word.  They have a need to “boast” that they somehow are responsible for their salvation, that they 'know' what is to be done, while those that are lost do not.
        The Grace of God is something that cannot be earned, or qualified for, or bought at any price.  It is totally, and only, given by God.  When all is done, at the “Consummation”, God will be “All in all”.
        I know this is a quick, and somewhat crude explanation, but I hope it is sufficient for anyone that truely is seeking God, will realize that we are totally “clay” in Gods hands, and He is the author of all.

All is of God (Ro.11:36).     God is operating all according to the council of His will (Eph.1:11).

God bless.

So what is God's will? Grace is the new covenant, the laws of God written on our heart (Heb. 10:16).

After Pentecost the Holy Spirit was given to the chosen who accepted Christ (Acts chapter 2). You know not to steal it is now instinct except for one, the forth commandment the CHOICE commandment. God commands us to REMEMBER the Sabbath to keep it Holy. It's a choice, Remember to keep God's day thereby rejecting Satan.

Jesus tells us the will of God in Matthew.

Mat 7:20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
    *See Rev. 12:17; 14:12; 22:14*
    Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

The workers of lawlessness are NOT doing the will of the Father. If you steal you are not doing God's will, If you keep the Harlot's day then you are not Remembering to keep the Sabbath; you are not doing God's will.

IHN&L,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 23 2007,01:38)
    Hi Nick.
        “All is of God”.  (WE) can do nothing to save ourselves, lest we boast.  When quoting scripture when still under the old covenant, yes, they could “earn” their salvation.  But this was not possible, they failed.  We are now not under the law, but under “Grace”.

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    Are you yet among the elect?
    Have you now no Law, even of the Spirit?
    Those who are without the Law will perish without reference to the Law.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account