The Whore of Babylon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Rev 18
    1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

All must discern and come out of the bewitching whore of Babylon as her punishment is severe.

NickHassan
    Participant

4mk

meerkat
    Participant

Thanks Nick

Question for Georg

What do you think about the great city being split in 3?

Rev 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

I have wondered if it is the religion of Judaism, christianity and Islam all based in the Hebrew OT.

Also when the kings of the earth are mentioned – I keep getting the idea that they are not literal kings of nations but Gods people who are apostate and need to come out of the whore.

Gods people are referred to as kings and priests.

What do you think?

Tiffany
    Participant

Meerkat

The great city divided into three parts, the three religious groups you mentioned, is Jerusalem.
    Only the saints that come up in the first resurrection, will be kings and priests, Rev. 5:10.
    The 12000 Israelites from every tribe, 144000, will be kings. Rev. 14:4, they are virgins; they were not defiled with other woman, this has nothing to do with sex, woman you know is a term used for a church; like the bride of Christ are the saints. The only way these 144000 could not have had any contact with other religion is, if they had come out of obeying the law of Moses, into obeying the gospel of Christ.
    In verse one it says, they had the Fathers name written in their forehead; or you could say, they are the adopted sons of God. They will share in Christs divine nature, 2 Pet. 1:4.

Forgive me for not typing out all the scriptures, I am a two finger typist, and I don't want to take all night.

They will share Christs throne, Rev. 3:21.
    The rest of the saints are the priests, Rev. 7:9, they stand before the throne, v. 15.
    The cities of the nations fell, is a prophecy yet to be fulfilled, but not to far off.
    Zech. 14:2
    Zech. 12:9
    Great Babylon today is a reference to the Vatican in Rome, but the cup of God's anger is poured out on all false religion. In short, Satan's kingdom is about to come to an end.

Georg

meerkat
    Participant

Georg

I cut and paste verses, saves typing, :) here is a link to a online bible http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.c….c=3&v=1

Tiffany
    Participant

Thank you Meerkat, I will try that next time.

Georg

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 15 2008,12:42)
    Thank you Meerkat, I will try that next time.

Georg

Greetings Georg……With reference to the bitter cup that will be foisted on the world “and jerusalem will as a bitter cup unto the nations” Do you think this prophesys'full fillment is at hand….in light of the Iranian Nuclear ambition…Is it possible that,should Israel do something….The entire world including the US will abandon her…

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 15 2008,11:35)
    Georg

I cut and paste verses, saves typing, :)   here is a link to a online bible http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.c….c=3&v=1

Hi MK,
    There are bibles and a concordance on this site
    Front page top R .

meerkat
    Participant

Hey, thanks Nick!!

meerkat
    Participant

Ummmm – Where??

Tiffany
    Participant

theodorej

Israel will not allow Iran to build a nuclear weapon of any kind; and yes, I believe, should it come to that, that Israel attacks Iran, That would be the signal for all Arab states to attack Israel.
    Although, personally I don't think there will be a nuclear war at all.
    I don't think that the present world economic crisis is coinsedental. The way things are going, we won't be able to defend our self, much less defend Israel if needed.

Georg

PS, thank you Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 17 2008,14:58)
    Ummmm – Where??

Hi Mk,
    Go top R this page and click on heaven net which takes you to the front page and you will find the bibles etc there RHS

Tiffany
    Participant

theodorej

I feel I can answer your question today with more certainty than two weeks ago.
    Not only in light of Iran's nuclear ambition, as you can see it doesn't take a nuclear bomb to start a conflict. What we see on our news channels today can easily become

Zec 12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

and turn into

Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

That than would be the beginning of the end of this age, and Christs imminent beginning of the new.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Georg

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account