The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 953 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 30 2009,06:54)
    I mean without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins, and anilal sacerfices pointed to the lamb of God which was slain from the foundation of the world

You when you say things way do you never have a Scripture to prove your point?
    Irene

well Jesus had to die on the cross for our sins so we could be free, and the animal sacerfices hapened over and over agin, jesus death hapened once

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 31 2009,00:11)
    well Jesus had to die on the cross for our sins so we could be free, and the animal sacerfices hapened over and over agin, jesus death hapened once

O.K. Why is that so? When you say something like yu just did, you need to explain why that is!!!!
    I do know, but I feel like that I should tech you to do more to a particular post of yours. Who was it, that first did. Where is the Old Covenant listed at? And where is the New Covenant listed at?
    Peace and Love Irene

Ill try my best ok

I love God lets go to Him in prayer :laugh:

the way is through Jesus :O

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 31 2006,10:50)
    Amen, Amen, Amen

The greatest experience in my life was when Jesus came into my heart. Nothing before or nothing after has come close as to when Jesus saved me from death as a sinner. And if a person does not know this, how can they be sure they are saved. How can they be sure they are born again. For the scriptures proclaim, all things will be made new.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I remembered when I first came to Jesus…I had finished suffering from withdrawal symptoms of drugs…and I got tired of struggling with the unsatisfaction of life…

I believe I was 18 and I went into my car, locked the doors and prayed to Jesus.

I told him, Lord…I've been scared to turn to you because I don't wanna change and be a church boy. I want to be me…but i'm tired of all the drugs, the violence, the lies, the mistreat, the anger and the hate in this world…And as long as you can take away all this pain…I don't care if I have to be a church boy I will follow you…

So please come into my heart and save me, wash me clean of my sins….

After I said that, i felt this tug on my heart…and it felt as if all the frustration and anxiety started to burn and melt away inside me….

Immediately I felt this calming peace grow in me…mind you
    I've never felt this peace inside of myself at any time in my life

And I knew in my soul, heart, spirit…every fiber of my being that I was saved….

And

Immediately wept like a baby uncontrollably

From that day I felt the peace inside of me constantly everyday for over 2months and my nature as a person was completely changed…it only left/leaves when I backslide but when I come back to the Lord, the feeling comes back…

To me that is The promise of salvation, and altho Nick you may not agree with experiences…

Like someone said on this thread…from that day is when I started truly living. (I spend a large portion of my time seeking God, and i'm sure i'll die seeking God)

Quote (RokkaMan @ Sep. 22 2009,14:15)

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 31 2006,10:50)
    Amen, Amen, Amen

The greatest experience in my life was when Jesus came into my heart. Nothing before or nothing after has come close as to when Jesus saved me from death as a sinner. And if a person does not know this, how can they be sure they are saved. How can they be sure they are born again. For the scriptures proclaim, all things will be made new.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I remembered when I first came to Jesus…I had finished suffering from withdrawal symptoms of drugs…and I got tired of struggling with the unsatisfaction of life…

I believe I was 18 and I went into my car, locked the doors and prayed to Jesus.

I told him, Lord…I've been scared to turn to you because I don't wanna change and be a church boy. I want to be me…but i'm tired of all the drugs, the violence, the lies, the mistreat, the anger and the hate in this world…And as long as you can take away all this pain…I don't care if I have to be a church boy I will follow you…

So please come into my heart and save me, wash me clean of my sins….

After I said that, i felt this tug on my heart…and it felt as if all the frustration and anxiety started to burn and melt away inside me….

Immediately I felt this calming peace grow in me…mind you
    I've never felt this peace inside of myself at any time in my life

And I knew in my soul, heart, spirit…every fiber of my being that I was saved….

And

Immediately wept like a baby uncontrollably

From that day I felt the peace inside of me constantly everyday for over 2months and my nature as a person was completely changed…it only left/leaves when I backslide but when I come back to the Lord, the feeling comes back…

To me that is The promise of salvation, and altho Nick you may not agree with experiences…

Like someone said on this thread…from that day is when I started truly living. (I spend a large portion of my time seeking God, and i'm sure i'll die seeking God)

Hi RM

Great testimony!

I am curious as to what CA would say about personal conversions and experiences like yours outside of the CC!

Should you now go and seek after man to read his word?

I believe that we need fellowship with the brethren and should assemble ourselves together for Jesus said where “2 or 3” are gathered together “In my name” (note: not in the name of the Apostles or a church) there am I in their midst!

The very fact that God met you and you had a genuine experience with Jesus is proof enough to me that he is not limited to the CC or any group of men or organization to do his work!

God is not limited to reach or call out those that are his. My sheep hear my voice and “Follow me”!

There is only one way to the Father and that is Jesus.

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    So what you felt convinced you you were saved?
    You should obey God when he offers you the consolations of His presence.
    Listen to Peter in Acts 2 and Acts 10 and Paul in Col2 and you may put less reliance on your experiences.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2009,14:32)
    Hi RM,
    Listen to Peter in Acts 2 and Acts 10 and Paul in Col2 and you may put less reliance on your experiences.

NH

So what you are saying is that his experience with the Holy Spirit is invalid?

I see, maybe that is why yoiur Christology is so messed up becasue your experience is that of paper and ink without the Holy Spirits regeneration!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Scripture is how the Bereans established truth but now experiences are equally valid?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2009,14:38)
    Hi WJ,
    Scripture is how the Bereans established truth but now experiences are equally valid?

NH

Answer your own question. How do you know that scriptures are valid unless you have experienced them coming to life in you by the Holy Spirit?

Is your relationship with God merely based on printed paper?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    We do not judge scripture by personal experience. THY WORD IS TRUTH and it is greater than men.
    Those who rather rely on visions and personal experiences are spoken of in Col2.

LORD LORD WE CAST OUT DEMONS IN YOUR NAME did not wash.

Obedience is the evidence of servanthood.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2009,14:38)
    Hi WJ,

NH

Was Paul saved after his conversion on the road to Dmascus?

Or did he have to wait until he was Baptised and checked his experience out in the scriptures?

WJ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2009,14:44)
    Hi WJ,
    We do not judge scripture by personal experience. THY WORD IS TRUTH and it is greater than men.
    Those who rather rely on visions and personal experiences are spoken of in Col2.

LORD LORD WE CAST OUT DEMONS IN YOUR NAME did not wash.

Obedience is the evidence of servanthood.

NH

So your relationshp with God IS solely dependant on printed ink!

That explains a lot!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 23 2009,06:35)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2009,14:32)
    Hi RM,

NH

So what you are saying is that his experience with the Holy Spirit is invalid?

I see, maybe that is why yoiur Christology is so messed up becasue your experience is that of paper and ink without the Holy Spirits regeneration!

WJ

Yeah WJ,
    I was talking about this with my wife last night. I was telling her that many here claim they worship the only true God but they don't even go to church.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    It is not surprising that you offer that obedience is an optional extra since your reliance is on catholic dogmas and not scripture.

obediance is better than sacerfice

NickHassan
    Participant

Good words JN

and if we are obediant then we please God more than judt giving

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 953 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account