The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 953 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2008,15:23)
    Hi KJ,
    Is it not wonderful that God has given us the whole gospel to use?
    Is not the confluence and harmony a joy to the heart and mind?

I am sure He does not want us sitting in doubtful judgement over it.
    There are minor differences and slight variations to muse over.
    But judgement of it stops us being able to feed on it and grow.

You call difference harmony?

Let's say you had two groups of people who had never heard of Jesus. You gave one group the synoptic gospels to read and the other John. Then you quizzed them on who Jesus was and what salvation was according to what they had read. Can you honestly say they would come up with the same conclusions?

Yet you say one harmonizes with the other. In Matthew through Luke, Jesus emphasizes the commandments and God. In John, Jesus emphasizes his equality with God. Same Jesus? What happened to the humble Jesus of Matthew – Luke? He's no where to be found in John, with one exception (washing the disciples feet).

kenrch
    Participant

Let me ask you kejonn? You (like your mentor) keep finding faults with the teachings of Christ. What have you found thus far with you “cults” you have all the answers give us a few, won't you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Why should you divide the gospel?
    You cannot manage with only one book.
    Matthew Mark and Luke record his works and sayings
    John focuses on showing specific teachings on love and wisdom.

You must discern the audience.

If everything he said applies to all men then we should all be taking up our beds and walking.

Christ is truth so when the Jews ask about the law he advises them on that, but he tells all about the knigdom.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,15:45)
    Let me ask you kejonn?  You (like your mentor) keep finding faults with the teachings of Christ.  What have you found thus far with you “cults” you have all the answers give us a few, won't you?

My answer is that we sweat the details and don't move forward.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2008,15:45)
    Hi KJ,
    Why should you divide the gospel?
    You cannot manage with only one book.
    Matthew Mark and Luke record his works and sayings
    John focuses on showing specific teachings on love and wisdom.

You must discern the audience.

If everything he said applies to all men then we should all be taking up our beds and walking.

Christ is truth so when the Jews ask about the law he advises them on that, but he tells all about the knigdom.

Who was the audience in the synoptics? Who in John?

kejonn
    Participant

Let me ask you kejonn?  You (like your mentor) keep finding faults with the teachings of Christ.  What have you found thus far with you “cults” you have all the answers give us a few, won't you?

Here's a good challenge for your understanding and faith Ken. Jesus is called the Christ in NT. We all know the NT is Greek, the OT Hebrew and Aramaic. That being said, show me Christ or Messiah in the OT and then tell me what it means.

kenrch
    Participant

I'm all ways looking for truth kejonn gives us the truth that you have found. MAY AS WELL THIS PLACE IS not FOR BELIEVERS!

What do the cults say? The closest I found were the ESSENES. BUT even they give witness of Jesus.

SO GIVE US ALL YOUR FINDINGS why WE SHOULD DENY JESUS.

I mean from your cult findings. And if we reject them THEN will you leave the “believers Place”?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,08:55)

Let me ask you kejonn? You (like your mentor) keep finding faults with the teachings of Christ. What have you found thus far with you “cults” you have all the answers give us a few, won't you?

Here's a good challenge for your understanding and faith Ken. Jesus is called the Christ in NT. We all know the NT is Greek, the OT Hebrew and Aramaic. That being said, show me Christ or Messiah in the OT and then tell me what it means.

NO keyjonn I'm asking YOU to show me. Show me the TRUTH keyjonn.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,08:38)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2008,15:23)
    Hi KJ,
    Is it not wonderful that God has given us the whole gospel to use?
    Is not the confluence and harmony a joy to the heart and mind?

I am sure He does not want us sitting in doubtful judgement over it.
    There are minor differences and slight variations to muse over.
    But judgement of it stops us being able to feed on it and grow.

You call difference harmony?

Let's say you had two groups of people who had never heard of Jesus. You gave one group the synoptic gospels to read and the other John. Then you quizzed them on who Jesus was and what salvation was according to what they had read. Can you honestly say they would come up with the same conclusions?

Yet you say one harmonizes with the other. In Matthew through Luke, Jesus emphasizes the commandments and God. In John, Jesus emphasizes his equality with God. Same Jesus? What happened to the humble Jesus of Matthew – Luke? He's no where to be found in John, with one exception (washing the disciples feet).

Hi KJ,
    The variations often add more light.
    I used to think these were opposed

In one Jesus said
    “Those who are not with us are against us”

But that applies only to small group of disciples.

In another Jesus said
    “Those who are not against us are with us”

And that applies to the people of the world

Harmony

kejonn
    Participant

Oh, and BTW, I have no problems with Jesus' teaching. I think it is awesome and goes above and beyond the moral teachings of the OT to the heart behind the actions. Yet I want to challenge some of the prevalent dogmas of Christianity to see if they truly have revelence.

kenrch
    Participant

The gospels are not true then show us what is!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    The synoptics and Acts are easily read by all.

John is better taken in by those already given some wisdom as are the letters of Paul etc.

kenrch
    Participant

Where is heaven defending the faith?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,15:58)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,08:55)

NO keyjonn I'm asking YOU to show me.  Show me the TRUTH keyjonn.

What is truth Ken? Show me a man who has “truth” and I will show you another with opposing “truth”. Only God has the real truth while men are still floundering looking for it.

We all say we have truth and even some who say the bible is 100% without error come up with different “truth”.

Do you believe Jesus has always existed along side of God, Ken? To you then that is truth. But what about Gene who does not? To him that is truth. Who is right Ken, you or him? In your heart, you are. But in Gene's heart, he is.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,15:56)
    I'm all ways looking for truth kejonn gives us the truth that you have found.  MAY AS WELL THIS PLACE IS not FOR BELIEVERS!

What do the cults say?  The closest I found were the ESSENES.  BUT even they give witness of Jesus.

SO GIVE US ALL YOUR FINDINGS why WE SHOULD DENY JESUS.

I mean from your cult findings. And if we reject them THEN will you leave the “believers Place”?

Ken, you don't even have a clue what the Essenes believed. You are just running with what SOL says and letting match with your viewpoint. Have you even studied the actual Essene beliefs or are you going by what SOL has presented?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,16:01)

Why can't you defend your own faith Ken? What if God asked you to witness to a devout Jew, would you do it? Or would you be scared? You have been hinging your faith on Jesus and the commandments and have not moved on to gain the necessary knowledge to defend your own faith so instead you just get mad. Get mad at yourself Ken, for not growing!

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,09:09)

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,16:01)

Why can't you defend your own faith Ken? What if God asked you to witness to a devout Jew, would you do it? Or would you be scared? You have been hinging your faith on Jesus and the commandments and have not moved on to gain the necessary knowledge to defend your own faith so instead you just get mad. Get mad at yourself Ken, for not growing!

The truth is keyjonn all you can do is PUT DOWN when you have nothing to LIFT UP! So you have nothing! When you have something then come speak your peace.

Just rattle on and on with no answers! You keep telling us we do not have the truth WELL where is your truth?

kenrch
    Participant

BTW at least SOL offers something. All you do is offer doubt!

kenrch
    Participant

I love my avatar I almost look like a general! Don't you think?

kenrch
    Participant

Did Jesus receive stripes because he was liked by the Pharisees?

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 953 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account