The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 953 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,06:06)

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,13:02)
    And the beat goes on! :D

Rather than making such remarks, why not address the question?

Scroll up my answer to just about anything you will say is there.

Meanwhile “The beat goes on”! :)

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 17 2008,13:08)
    I'm confused kejonn, is your question still directed toward me, or kenrch now?

Ken that time. He seems to be taking all of this personally. This is just an internet forum. Its great for discussion but our world should not be rocked if it goes in a direction we do not care for.

But I was wanting him to give his take instead of making comments that only further his own personal agenda of pouting. If he is a believer that he should be able to answer such simple questions.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,13:12)

Meanwhile “The beat goes on”!  :)

Ya know Ken, as many times as I've read the NT I must say I could never picture Jesus or any of his disciples acting in a manner similar to you. I wonder what spirit you are filled with?

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,05:58)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 17 2008,12:30)
    14:5
    Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?  
    14:6
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way *, the truth, and the life: NO MAN COMMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME.

Put this passage with the one you quoted and tell me what you have:

1Ti 4:10  For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

You can take one scripture and try to make it fit your theology, but Jesus statement saying “NO MAN COMETH TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME” IS PRETTY DEFINING.

Also, the following scripture:

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  
    3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  
    3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  

And the following scripture:

1 John 5:9
    If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.  
    5:10
    He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.  
    5:11
    And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  
    5:12
    He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.  

And finally,

4:10
    Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.  
    4:11
    This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.  
    4:12
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby * * we must be saved.  

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,06:12)

Ken that time. He seems to be taking all of this personally. This is just an internet forum. Its great for discussion but our world should not be rocked if it goes in a direction we do not care for.

But I was wanting him to give his take instead of making comments that only further his own personal agenda of pouting. If he is a believer that he should be able to answer such simple questions.

WOW did you read the Post? The more often these things happen then the closer we are getting! BOT further away! :)

Sure I'm sadden for people like you. :(

And STILL “The beat goes on” and nothing is going to stop it! :laugh:

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 17 2008,13:16)

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?  
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way *, the truth, and the life: NO MAN COMMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME.

1Ti 4:10  For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

You can take one scripture and try to make it fit your theology, but Jesus statement saying “NO MAN COMETH TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME” IS PRETTY DEFINING.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.  
    He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.  
    And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  
    He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.  

And finally,

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.  
    This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.  
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby * * we must be saved.  

What makes you think that all of this does not simply imply that salvation is given to all through Jesus as opposed to salvation is given only to those who believe in Jesus?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,13:16)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,06:12)

WOW did you read the Post?  The more often these things happen then the closer we are getting!  BOT further away! :)

Sure I'm sadden for people like you. :(

And STILL “The beat goes on” and nothing is going to stop it! :laugh:

Ken,

If I'm going to the lake of fire, I will see you there too. You may say you believe in Jesus, but your attitude speaks otherwise. Of all the people on this board, you have been the most hateful and cruel to those who do not agree with whatever you put forward. Lets test your fruits, shall we?

Mat 7:16  You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
      Mat 7:17  So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.
      Mat 7:18  A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.
      Mat 7:19  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
      Mat 7:20  Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

What are those fruits you ask. Let's ask Paul

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
      Gal 5:23  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

The only one I've seen you exhibit on here is faithfulness. The rest? I can't recall an instance.

kejonn
    Participant

So 94, what is your answer to the eternal condition of those who never hear the gospel?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,06:14)

Meanwhile “The beat goes on”! :)

Ya know Ken, as many times as I've read the NT I must say I could never picture Jesus or any of his disciples acting in a manner similar to you. I wonder what spirit you are filled with?

Praise GOD NOT the one you have! You have the spirit of the Antichrist! :laugh:

kenrch
    Participant

See how nice the “believers” place has become and it's been what1 hour since I gave the news!

OH YES come quickly Lord Jesus!

The beat goes on and on and on….. :)

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,06:20)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 17 2008,13:16)

And finally,

What makes you think that all of this does not simply imply that salvation is given to all through Jesus as opposed to salvation is given only to those who believe in Jesus?

KJ:

The scriptures are quite clear that the condition for salvation is that one must believe the Jesus is the Son of God and God has raised Him again from the dead.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 17 2008,13:32)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,06:14)

Meanwhile “The beat goes on”!  :)

Praise GOD NOT the one you have!  You have the spirit of the Antichrist! :laugh:

Well, if the spirit of the antichrist is more loving than the one you exhibit, no wonder Christianity is losing pace.

kejonn
    Participant

94, but what of those who never hear the gospel?

kenrch
    Participant

94 do you hear the beat? It goes on and on and will keep going on
    till Jesus comes back meanwhile the beat MUST go on.

I've done all I could BUT the beat goes on and I rejoice that the beat goes on because with every beat the closer we come.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kj,
    God is merciful.
    Mercy triumphs over judgement.
    But those who have heard the message and not responded take a great risk

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2008,13:54)
    Hi kj,
    God is merciful.
    Mercy triumphs over judgement.
    But those who have heard the message and not responded take a great risk

That's a vague response. Seriously, what of those who have never heard the gospel? Surely this is not that hard of a question to answer.

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,06:30)
    So 94, what is your answer to the eternal condition of those who never hear the gospel?

God will judge everyman according to his works.  I guess it is possible that someone did not or may not hear the gospel.

The following scripture may shed some light:

12:45
    But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;  
    12:46
    The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.  
    12:47
    And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.  
    12:48
    But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever * * much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.  
    12:49

I know that God is a God of justice.

kejonn
    Participant

That being the case, would it not be better to not spread this gospel if rejection will lead to eternal damnation? Aren't the ignorant better off?

kenrch
    Participant

Shouldn't this discussion be in Tow's group somewhere?

kejonn
    Participant

Do you have anything of worth to contribute any more Ken beyond mumbling and acting like a child who's had his ball stolen?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 953 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account