The two witnesses of revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

No Malcolm.
    It just does not make sense to me that they are men. It seems symbolic.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Well to me it seems to be two prophets with the anointing or characteristic ministries of Elijah and Moses.

NickHassan
    Participant

OK Malcolm,
    Go back to the beginning of the chapter and tell me if it is really a temple being measured?

Does it not mean setting a time when God decides who are those who are in the Kingdom?

They are sealed and set apart by God from those who are not, including the religious unsaved in the outer court?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

As I said this is concerning the dealings of God with His people Israel.
    He will of course only deal with them through Messiah.
    Of course in the middle of the 70th week messiah was cut off for us.
    Hence the lampstand in the midst.
    This is not 7 separate spirits any more than these 2 witnesses are 2 spirits it is all the spirit of the one God, yet it is called the 7 spirits before His Throne.
    When God deals with Israel everything is measured, quantified.
    70 weeks determined.
    Compare that with us, the times of the Gentiles, how long? no man knows not the even the son only the Father…
    So the measuring of the temple could represent that fact? I don't really know! ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    Can you explain the cutting off of the Messiah in Dan 9.26 and the significnace then of the Lampstand in the midst for us?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Can I explain the cutting off of the Messiah in Dan 9:26 – Grace!
    They were blinded for us.
    Will get back to the rest of this l8r g2g somewhere right now…

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ April 11 2006,06:00)
    So what are you saying they witness and prophecy for 3 and a half years. And at the same time they lie dead, a dead man can neither speak to witness or prophecy. Their dead bodies could be a witness I suppose, but of what??
    And how do they perform the things spoken of them if they are dead. Surely God's Word does not return to Him empty and fruitless but achieves the goal it set forth to accomplish…

No Malcolm,
    The tribulation time is a total of seven years with half woes and half wrath.
    The time is split into two periods here shown with, one half as years, and the other half written allegorically as days, so the total is seven.
    That is why I say the whole chapter is an allegory of the tribulation.
    But I may be wrong.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Obviously we see that point differently.
    To my way of seeing it the 70 weeks of Daniel tells us Messiah is cut off in the midst of the last week. He was cut off out of the land of the living, for the transgression of thy people was he smitten.
    Joseph an Israelite was sold into slavery by his brothers, left for dead. He went to foreign lands and became great, 2nd only to Pharaoh the king of the world at that time. There he got a Gentile bride.
    But there came a day when Joseph revealed himself again to his brethren. Rom 11:25-26

NickHassan
    Participant

Ah well. Lets rest it awhile and let the teacher show us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi semmy,
    What is your take on this matter? I am unconvinced the two witnesses are necessarily men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There are two witnesses God has used before in His purposes- Heaven and earth.

Now at the time of Rev 11.3-6 I believe we see these witnesses again fulfilling prophecy and prophesying the last days of the earth with terrible changes in the Sky and on the earth.

Deut 4.26
    26″I (A)call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that you will (B)surely perish quickly from the land where you are going over the Jordan to possess it. You shall not live long on it, but will be utterly destroyed.

Deut 30.19
    “(A)I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death,”

Deut 32.1
    ”    1″(A)Give ear, O heavens, and let me speak;
            And let the earth hear the words of my mouth.”

Deut 31.28
    ” 28″Assemble to me all the elders of your tribes and your officers, that I may speak these words in their hearing and (A)call the heavens and the earth to witness against them”

Is 1.2
    ”    2(A)Listen, O heavens, and hear, O (B)earth;
            For the LORD speaks,
            “©Sons I have reared and brought up,
            But they have (D)revolted against Me. “

Mercy
    Participant

Could the two witnesses be the two divided kingdoms of Israel and Judah?

Southern Kingdom of Judah consisted of these two tribes:

5From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
    from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

Northern Tribe of Israel consisted of these 10 Tribes:
    (the lost ten)

from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
    from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
    6from the tribe of Asher 12,000,
    from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
    from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
    7from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
    from the tribe of Levi 12,000,
    from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
    8from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
    from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,

could the sealed witnessess be one and the same with the two witnesses?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mercy,
    NIV wrongly says Two men rather than witnesses. I am sure it is a prophecy in somre way about the tribulation period with two versions of three and a half adding up to the seven year tribulation period.

Mercy
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry I didn't understand your post. Are you saying something about the the two witnesses being actually two spans of time 3 1/2 and 3 1/2?

Sorry it's late here and I havent had much sleep.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    From Daniel we learn that the great trulation period lasts 7 years with the first part being the woes and the second the wrath of God as shown in Revelation.So wherever the scriptures show 3 and a half it usually relates to one half of this important period.
    It is shown as 3 1/2years, 3 1/2days, 1260 days, 42 months. etc.

NickHassan
    Participant

ps
    also
    “time, times and and half a time”[rev 12]
    I believe some of the chapters of Revelation are repeated descriptions of the great tribulation shown in different idioms and from different perspectives.

Mercy
    Participant

yes, I know about the 70 week of Daniel's prophecy. 7 years of tribulation being divided into two 3 1/2 year periods.

I just don't understand how that relates to the two witnesses.

Mercy
    Participant

So then you think that the two witnesses are two periods of time?

first witness = the first 3 1/2 years

second witness = the second 3 1/2 years

do you think it means two periods of time in which Christians are preaching?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mercy,
    No.
    My ideas;
    Rev 11. 1-2
    The decision by God as to who are to be rescued and protected. That day will come when the door is no longer open. The religious unsaved are in the outer court and suffer the fate of the godless world.we see the first mention of the start of the tribulation.

The two witnesses, the earth and sky show, all the signs spoken of by Jesus and also in Is 24..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    I do not think they are men at all.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account