The two witnesses of revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    journey42
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2014,13:45)
    Hi j42,
    So agreement with you is a guarantee of truth?

Nick

If I have spoken error, then the scriptures can correct me,
    but many scriptures have been twisted, or misunderstood
    by those who take pleasure in perverting or covering up the truth.
    If you cannot receive it, then it is God who is not showing you, and not any of us.
    I haven't seen you shed any light on anything,
    just nagging and criticising,
    burying your penny in the sand,
    and not learning and increasing with spiritual knowledge,
    but staying stagnant in muddy waters.
    You must be full and not hungry,
    comfortable in your cosy nest.
    We left our nest a long time ago,
    for we are always hungry looking for food from heaven.
    We never stop eating.

journey42
    Participant

And we are sharing our food,
    and not keeping it for our own nests,
    because others are hungry also,
    but not you, you are full.

Participant

Hi Wakeup:

You say:

Marty.

Oh yes He did gave us a clue,but you did not notice.

Revelation 11:6   ***These have power to shut heaven***,
              that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:
     ***and have power over waters to turn them to blood***, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

That is the clue; and of course the transfiguration.

I don't get it.  How do you get this to mean the transfiguration?

I believe that it shows that the two witness are preaching during the final 3 1/2 years prior to the Lord coming for the church.

And their preaching is encompasses the 2nd of 3 woes, and is also encompasses the 6th trumpet.  Here is the scripture:

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

Rev 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Wakeup
    Participant

Marty.

The first woe(5th trump),is when the bottomless pit was opnened.
    The second woe(6th trump) the attack on israel,and the two winesses.
    The 3rd woe(7th trump),the coming.

wakeup.

Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ April 02 2014,18:00)
    Marty.

The first woe(5th trump),is when the bottomless pit was opnened.
    The second woe(6th trump) the attack on israel,and the two winesses.
    The 3rd woe(7th trump),the coming.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup:

That is what the scriptures state.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So scripture does not say they are two men.

But men do.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,08:33)
    Hi,

But men do.

Nick.

As far as I know all the propets that prophecy
    are men. You are saying that is not nescessary so.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    So far.
    We must not assume.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,11:05)
    Hi WU,
    So far.
    We must not assume.

Nick.

Prophets are not Men??
    This is a new revelation.
    We are learning,something new.
    Please reveal it to us,we are eager to know.
    Dont keep your teasures to yourself.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Does scripture say they are in these verses?
    If not why do you?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,11:23)
    Hi WU,
    Does scripture say they are in these verses?
    If not why do you?

Nick.

The scripture says that they will prophecy for three and a half years, and then killed.
    What is your take on that?

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Three and a half years is the time of tribulation. It is about the tribulation time imo

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,08:33)
    Hi,

But men do.

Hi Nick:

Aren't you being a little picky about this? The scriptures states that they are two prophets, and that they are killed, and when they are killed, they have dead bodies, and that after they have been dead for 3 1/2 days the Spirit from God enters their dead bodies, and they are taken up to heaven.

Sounds like men to me. What do you think?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Explain from scripture two men are lampstands and olive trees.

SOUNDS LIKE does not wash

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    If you choose two men who have already served explain why they are superior choices to every other prophet who has worked before.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 04 2014,04:49)
    Hi 94,
    If you choose two men who have already served explain why they are superior choices to every other prophet who has worked before.

Nick.

Two lampstands can prophecy and then killed.

OK.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    No who are your choices for these roles and why?
    Should we expect men to be reused?

If it is in Jerusalem how does this fit?

Revelation 14:6
    And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 04 2014,07:14)
    Hi WU,
    No who are your choices for these roles and why?
    Should we expect men to be reused?

If it is in Jerusalem how does this fit?

Revelation 14:6
    And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;

Nick.

Will we see an angel flying and preaching?
    Or will men do the preaching?

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Hebrews 2:2
    For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Zech 4 must hold answers
    Then the angel who was speaking with me returned and roused me, as a man who is awakened from his sleep. 2 He said to me, “What do you see?” And I said, “I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold with its bowl on the top of it, and its seven lamps on it with seven spouts belonging to each of the lamps which are on the top of it; 3 also two olive trees by it, one on the right side of the bowl and the other on its left side.” 4 Then I said to the angel who was speaking with me saying, “What are these, my lord?” 5 So the angel who was speaking with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” 6 Then he [a]said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts. 7 ‘What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain; and he will bring forth the top stone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”’”

8 Also the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 9 “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house, and his hands will finish it. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you. 10 For who has despised the day of small things? [c]But these seven will be glad when they see the [d]plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel—these are the eyes of the Lord which range to and fro throughout the earth.”

11 Then I said to him, “What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?” 12 And I answered the second time and said to him, “What are the two olive [e]branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?” 13 So he answered me, saying, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” 14 Then he said, “These are the two [f]anointed ones who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.”

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account