The two witnesses of revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Mt 24:38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
    Mt 24:39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
    Mt 24:40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.
    Mt 24:41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
    Mt 24:42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

These verses show the difference between the flood which indiscriminately killed all who were not in the ark and the angelic harvest during the great tribulation when the angels take the tares but leave the wheat standing next to it.

God's hedge around those who are His is shown to be effective.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 03 2010,08:58)
    Hi T,
    Scripture can guide you.
    “Your word is a LAMP to my feet”[Ps119.105]

Lk 19 and Mt 25 show us that what God invests in us [His Spirit of grace]must produce a profit for Him.

The land that soaks up the rain falling on it and produces a crop is blessed.[Heb6.7]

See that no one comes short of the grace of God[Heb12]

nick

those scriptures are bits and pieces you quote and do not understand the meaning you try to get accross.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 03 2010,09:20)
    Hi T,
    Mt 24:38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
    Mt 24:39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
    Mt 24:41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
    Mt 24:42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

These verses show the difference between the flood which indiscriminately killed all who were not in the ark and the angelic harvest during the great tribulation when the angels take the tares but leave the wheat standing next to it.

God's hedge around those who are His is shown to be effective.

nick
    you are only quoting half of the scriptures related to the end
    if not less,

you should look all scriptures,on that subject

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 02 2010,16:02)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 02 2010,15:22)

Quote (terraricca @ May 02 2010,05:43)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 01 2010,23:26)

Quote (terraricca @ May 01 2010,12:37)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2010,07:21)
    Hi T,
    Do you really think darkness is greater than light?
    There will still be some bridesmaids with oil supplies ready to meet him.

Nick

what i want to say is that today and since the dead of the last apostle ,thing becomes darker there was always light because of the scriptures and some righteous on earth,
    so in reality the light never left the earth,

in the last days the scriptures are so widely spread around the world so that the light of Christ is known trough out the earth.

but the light is given to those who look for ,but remember only 5 meet him, and yes they had oil

question ;what is the oil stand for??

God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

georg

you should read the parable again , it is not the holy spirit.

you can not buy the holy spirit,neither carry it in jars.so to speak

There will also be no real ten virgins, it's a parable.
    The lamps are us, we can only shine if we have the oil in us, the Holy Spirit.
    Buying oil is not meant literal; you receive God's Holy Spirit over time through your study of his word.
    What this parable tells us is, we have to be in constant touch with the word, with God.
    Jesus was the light of the world, he was full of God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

georg

to understand this parable we have to go back in time;
    Ge 19:12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here,
    Ge 19:13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”
    Ge 19:14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the LORD is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking

Ge 19:17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain

Ge 19:26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

this is my take ;the 10 virgin=all the believers in Christ.
    lamp= our faith.
    the jar and oil = the readiness to meet Christ wen he return.

georg

do not look back;;1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.
    1Pe 1:15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;
    1Pe 1:16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

1Pe 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.
    1Pe 4:2 As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God

1Pe 4:19 So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

2Pe 1:6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
    2Pe 1:7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
    2Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2Pe 1:9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
    2Pe 1:10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,
    2Pe 1:11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
    2Pe 3:11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives
    2Pe 3:12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

most of those scriptures tell us why we should be ready and how.for the comming of Christ and be part of the 5virgin who are wise.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 03 2010,09:15)

Quote (terraricca @ May 02 2010,16:02)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 02 2010,15:22)

Quote (terraricca @ May 02 2010,05:43)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 01 2010,23:26)

Quote (terraricca @ May 01 2010,12:37)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2010,07:21)
    Hi T,
    Do you really think darkness is greater than light?
    There will still be some bridesmaids with oil supplies ready to meet him.

Nick

what i want to say is that today and since the dead of the last apostle ,thing becomes darker there was always light because of the scriptures and some righteous on earth,
    so in reality the light never left the earth,

in the last days the scriptures are so widely spread around the world so that the light of Christ is known trough out the earth.

but the light is given to those who look for ,but remember only 5 meet him, and yes they had oil

question ;what is the oil stand for??

God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

georg

you should read the parable again , it is not the holy spirit.

you can not buy the holy spirit,neither carry it in jars.so to speak

There will also be no real ten virgins, it's a parable.
    The lamps are us, we can only shine if we have the oil in us, the Holy Spirit.
    Buying oil is not meant literal; you receive God's Holy Spirit over time through your study of his word.
    What this parable tells us is, we have to be in constant touch with the word, with God.
    Jesus was the light of the world, he was full of God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

georg

to understand this parable we have to go back in time;
    Ge 19:12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here,
    Ge 19:13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”
    Ge 19:14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the LORD is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking

Ge 19:17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain

Ge 19:26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

this is my take ;the 10 virgin=all the believers in Christ.
    lamp= our faith.
    the jar and oil = the readiness to meet Christ wen he return.

To tell you the truth, those scriptures make no sense to me; you should have given your explanations with each one, why you mentioned them.

Georg

georg

i appreciate your interest but i know that you have some good knowledge of the scriptures ,and think that there are more scriptures to be quoted to support what i am saying ,and i also feel that you can use your own knowledge to compensate my omissions.

i am not good at written material ,and slow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Almost all sleep in death.
    Bridesmaids are drawn from the closest friends and family of the couple.
    But only half of the bridesmaids [The church] were adequately prepared to meet their Master before they died.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 03 2010,14:38)
    Hi,
    Almost all sleep in death.
    Bridesmaids are drawn from the closest friends and family of the couple.
    But only half of the bridesmaids [The church] were adequately prepared to meet their Master before they died.

nick

you say;;But only half of the bridesmaids [The church] were adequately prepared to meet their Master before they died.

THIS SHOULD BE ;BEFORE THEY DIED, OR WEN CHRIST RETURN

Mt 25:1 “Here is what the kingdom of heaven will be like at that time. Ten bridesmaids

Mt 24:44 So you also must be ready. The Son of Man will come at an hour when you don’t expect him

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The oil flask must be replete before we sleep in death as no option for a refill is available when we awake to meet the Master.
    Those who will not be asleep yet should be expecting him.[1thess 5.4]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 03 2010,14:57)
    Hi T,
    The oil flask must be replete before we sleep in death as no option for a refill is available when we awake to meet the Master.
    Those who will not be asleep yet should be expecting him.[1thess 5.4]

nick

yes that s true ,so that means that we have to do all what we can to change our ways and spirit mind to comply with the kingdom of God,and not as citizen of the world

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    God changes our mind by His teaching Spirit according to the Word IF we feed on it.
    God changes our ways if we allow ourselves to be led by God's Spirit.
    Not by might nor by power but by the Spirit.[Zech]

My yoke is easy and my burden is light

Elizabeth
    Participant

You know if I wasn't so bored, I wouldn't be here.
    It's kind of entertaining for me, you know, like stirring the pot.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 04 2010,01:50)

Georg

georg

if you are bored it is because you have let it happen,
    and if you do not change your spirit in Christ to enjoy his word
    may be it is time to renew your connection with Christ and God,
    it could be after all that have missed something on the way to him.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 03 2010,15:53)
    Hi T,
    God changes our mind by His teaching Spirit according to the Word IF we feed on it.
    God changes our ways if we allow ourselves to be led by God's Spirit.
    Not by might nor by power but by the Spirit.[Zech]

My yoke is easy and my burden is light

nick

yes totally;we have to let the will of God to work in our hearts so that we can be changed ,and then give priority to his will rather than ours,

and so keep moving toward to become citizen of the kingdom of God.
    this can only be achieved by the love we have for the righteousness of God.

karmarie
    Participant

I know how anti church most are but put aside that for a moment and consider this,

If Jesus is the head and the church is the body, (and I believe this could make up the 2 witnesses)   How do we not know that this church which I provide the link for is the part of the body in Jerusalem which will make up the witnesses in the great tribulation….(3 1/2 years if you believe that) – they number aproximatly 130000….it is the church in Jerusalem which was founded by the Apostles.. They are right where they are supposed to be in Jerusalem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Orthodox_Church_of_Jerusalem
    http://orthodoxwiki.org/Church_of_Jerusalem

Just a thought.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ May 04 2010,09:59)
    I know how anti church most are but put aside that for a moment and consider this,

If Jesus is the head and the church is the body, (and I believe this could make up the 2 witnesses)   How do we not know that this church which I provide the link for is the part of the body in Jerusalem which will make up the witnesses in the great tribulation….(3 1/2 years if you believe that) – they number aproximatly 130000….it is the church in Jerusalem which was founded by the Apostles.. They are right where they are supposed to be in Jerusalem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Orthodox_Church_of_Jerusalem
    http://orthodoxwiki.org/Church_of_Jerusalem

Just a thought.

K

just a thought yea leave it as a thought,

not supported by scriptures.

karmarie
    Participant

Hi T,

I guess time will tell. Just a thought not supported by scriptures in your opinion… so if I should just keep it as a thought, to myself, why shouldnt the same apply to all of your thoughts, or actually everyone heres thoughts for that matter?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ May 04 2010,10:35)
    Hi T,

I guess time will tell. Just a thought not supported by scriptures in your opinion… so if I should just keep it as a thought, to myself, why shouldnt the same apply to all of your thoughts, or actually everyone heres thoughts for that matter?

K

if you believe that it is so and true,please spell it out ,and show that it is written in scriptures as a support.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 04 2010,04:00)

Georg

georg

you and Nick are responsible for my frustration; you pretend to know so much, but when ask a question, you avoid it like a politician.

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 04 2010,10:57)

Quote (karmarie @ May 04 2010,10:35)
    Hi T,

K

if you believe that it is so and true,please spell it out ,and show that it is written in scriptures as a support.

since when does that make a difference? scriptures I mean.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 04 2010,12:40)

Quote (terraricca @ May 04 2010,04:00)

Georg

georg

you and Nick are responsible for my frustration; you pretend to know so much, but when ask a question, you avoid it like a politician.

Georg

georg

i have ask you to ask clear questions i f i can will answer you

but we have end up in 3 different sites

i do not want you to be frustrated but be patient together we can solve your frustration.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account