The two witnesses of revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    karmarie
    Participant

The Two Witnesses of Revelation: who are they? Well heres something I was reading which is interesting.

(click here) http://jesus-messiah.com/prophecy/2witnesses.html

karmarie
    Participant

Further thinking..

Youngs literal translation

3and I will give to My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy days, a thousand, two hundred, sixty, arrayed with sackcloth;
    Jesus witnessed this ammount of time and as I believe there will be 3 and half years soon to come trouble on earth- the worst ever- then who would be the second witness?..ther next verse gives the clue…

4these are the two olive [trees], and the two lamp-stands that before the God of the earth do stand;
    Jesus is the Head  and His church (people) are the body plus Jesus said in Revelations chapter one that the lamp-stands represent the Church

Revelations 1.. the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

5and if any one may will to injure them, fire doth proceed out of their mouth, and doth devour their enemies, and if any one may will to injure them, thus it behoveth him to be killed.
    6These have authority to shut the heaven, that it may not rain rain in the days of their prophecy, and authority they have over the waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the land with every plague, as often as they may will.
    Jesus said that his people would do works greater than even He

7`And when they may finish their testimony, the beast that is coming up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them,
    Jesus finished His testimony, and was killed, so it appears will happen to these people

8and their dead bodies [are] upon the broad-place of the great city (that is called spiritually Sodom, and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified,)
    Jerusalem just as with Jesus

9and they shall behold — they of the peoples, and tribes, and tongues, and nations — their dead bodies three days and a half, and their dead bodies they shall not suffer to be put into tombs,
    10and those dwelling upon the land shall rejoice over them, and shall make merry, and gifts they shall send to one another, because these — the two prophets — did torment those dwelling upon the land.'
    Those in the land happy and relieved that these many witnesses are dead because of the great power they had

11And after the three days and a half, a spirit of life from God did enter into them, and they stood upon their feet, and great fear fell upon those beholding them,
    12and they heard a great voice out of the heaven saying to them, `Come up hither;' and they went up to the heaven in the cloud, and their enemies beheld them;
    Just as Jesus was raised from the dead and taken to Heaven in the cloud so are all these Witnesses

13and in that hour came a great earthquake, and the tenth of the city did fall, and killed in the earthquake were names of men — seven thousands, and the rest became affrighted, and they gave glory to the God of the heaven.
    There was an earthquake after Jesus was Crucified, Earthquakes are mentioned through the book of Revelations as coming from God

It happens in Jerusalem and Isreal, it is a replay of what happened to Jesus with the time involved and things which happen, and it is “the Church”. And not just any group of Christians but ones that have great power from above…Maybe people called out from all over the World unknown to them at this moment but will occur to them at the time when all things start to happen..Gods Word is sharper than  any two edged sword when the Spirit takes over…Jesus said that in the last days there would be a form of Godly devotion but people would prove false to its Power, Jesus also said His people would do many things even greater….

My opinion on the subject. Which everyone seems to have today (all different) like someone said, its probably one of those things that when everything happens we will see it and understand it- then.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2010,14:58)
    Hi Georg,
    Again you lean on your own understandings instead of what is written.

A bad habit.

Prov 3.5

No Nick, it's called history.

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 24 2010,08:56)
    georg

those two verseswere accomplished in 70 ad the Romans were THE WORLD POWER  of the time,so you can say; though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it

Zec 12:2   Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.  

Zec 12:3   And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it

this is also fulfilled in 70AD Zec14-2

Mat 24;30-wen the fulfillement of the prediction of Christ regarding the temple came to be and done in 70AD then also they ;; and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  

the glory of christ is the fullfilment of his words that he foretold about 37years earlier,
    and from then on the beleivers could trully believe in his second coming;they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory

also compere Mat 24;31  with Rev.14;15

as for Mat24;29  i get back to you later.

When did the sun become darkened, or the moon not shine, and when did the stars fall from heaven?
    When did any one see the sign of the “son of man” in heaven?
    Btw, what is the sign?
    If everything was accomplished in AD 70, then what is happening today?
    Explain to me what this means.

Dan 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

Who are the feet and toes?

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

In “what” days, and “what” kings?
    What does “setting up” mean?

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 29 2010,20:09)

georg

those two verseswere accomplished in 70 ad the Romans were THE WORLD POWER  of the time,so you can say; though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it

Zec 12:2   Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.  

Zec 12:3   And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it

Mat 24;30-wen the fulfillement of the prediction of Christ regarding the temple came to be and done in 70AD then also they ;; and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  

the glory of christ is the fullfilment of his words that he foretold about 37years earlier,
    and from then on the beleivers could trully believe in his second coming;they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory

When did the sun become darkened, or the moon not shine, and when did the stars fall from heaven?
    Btw, what is the sign?

Dan 2:42   And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.  

Dan 2:44   And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.  

Georg

georg

the scriptures say that God is like the sun,

so i believe that after Christ died the sun or the light went down with the dead of Christ,and that his reflection the apostles was also darker as they died out and in time all were gone so darkness came on the earth.

no sun light and no moon light ,only the word of God as remain in a shining light.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 30 2010,02:21)

georg

Btw, what is the sign?

Dan 2:42   And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.  

Dan 2:44   And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.  

Georg

georg

so i believe that after Christ died the sun or the light went down with the dead of Christ,and that his reflection the apostles was also darker as they died out and in time all were gone so darkness came on the earth.

no sun light and no moon light ,only the word of God as remain in a shining light.

You can't be serious.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

georg

i am ;Mal 1:10 “Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you,” says the LORD Almighty, “and I will accept no offering from your hands.
    Mt 4:16 the people living in darkness
    have seen a great light;
    on those living in the land of the shadow of death
    a light has dawned.”

Mt 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven

Zec 14:7 It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime—a day known to the LORD. When evening comes, there will be light.

Am 5:18 Woe to you who long
    for the day of the LORD?
    Why do you long for the day of the LORD?
    That day will be darkness, not light.
    Am 5:20 Will not the day of the LORD be darkness, not light—
    pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

Mic 2:1 Woe to those who plan iniquity,
    to those who plot evil on their beds!
    At morning’s light they carry it out
    because it is in their power to do it.

Eze 32:7 When I snuff you out, I will cover the heavens
    and darken their stars;
    I will cover the sun with a cloud,
    and the moon will not give its light.
    Da 2:22 He reveals deep and hidden things;
    he knows what lies in darkness,
    and light dwells with him.

Mt 24:29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
    “ ‘the sun will be darkened,
    and the moon will not give its light;
    the stars will fall from the sky,
    and the heavenly bodies will be shaken

Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
    Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
    Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
    Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world

Jn 9:5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Jn 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness

Ac 26:18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me

Ac 13:47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
    “ ‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
    that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth

Eph 5:8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light
    Eph 5:9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)
    Eph 5:13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible

Tit 1:3 and at his appointed season he brought his word to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Rev 8:12 The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

Dt 33:14 with the best the sun brings forth
    and the finest the moon can yield

Ps 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
    the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does he withhold
    from those whose walk is blameless.

Ps 121:6 the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night

Ecc 7:11 Wisdom, like an inheritance, is a good thing
    and benefits those who see the sun.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 30 2010,17:17)
    georg

i am ;Mal 1:10 “Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you,” says the LORD Almighty, “and I will accept no offering from your hands.
    Mt 4:16 the people living in darkness
    have seen a great light;
    on those living in the land of the shadow of death
    a light has dawned.”

Mt 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven

Zec 14:7 It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime—a day known to the LORD. When evening comes, there will be light.

Am 5:18 Woe to you who long
    for the day of the LORD?
    Why do you long for the day of the LORD?
    That day will be darkness, not light.
    Am 5:20 Will not the day of the LORD be darkness, not light—
    pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

Mic 2:1 Woe to those who plan iniquity,
    to those who plot evil on their beds!
    At morning’s light they carry it out
    because it is in their power to do it.

Eze 32:7 When I snuff you out, I will cover the heavens
    and darken their stars;
    I will cover the sun with a cloud,
    and the moon will not give its light.
    Da 2:22 He reveals deep and hidden things;
    he knows what lies in darkness,
    and light dwells with him.

Mt 24:29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
    “ ‘the sun will be darkened,
    and the moon will not give its light;
    the stars will fall from the sky,
    and the heavenly bodies will be shaken

Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
    Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
    Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
    Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world

Jn 9:5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Jn 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness

Ac 26:18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me

Ac 13:47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
    “ ‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
    that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth

Eph 5:8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light
    Eph 5:9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)
    Eph 5:13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible

Tit 1:3 and at his appointed season he brought his word to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Rev 8:12 The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

Dt 33:14 with the best the sun brings forth
    and the finest the moon can yield

Ps 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
    the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does he withhold
    from those whose walk is blameless.

Ps 121:6 the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night

Ecc 7:11 Wisdom, like an inheritance, is a good thing
    and benefits those who see the sun.

Well, you make it to whatever you want it to be.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

georg

Btw, what is the sign?

Georg

georg

Hi T,
    Not so,
    God lit a fire through Jesus that will never go out.
    When Jesus died and sent his Spirit to light up men the work increased.

But men preferred again the darkness of intellect and theology and that light was less seen. As Peter said in his second letter the promised morning star of the Spirit of Jesus will rise in the hearts of those reborn ones who feed on the sacred word.

But will there be faith on earth when he returns?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 30 2010,19:15)

georg

Btw, what is the sign?

Georg

georg

Hi T,
    Not so,

But men preferred again the darkness of intellect and theology and that light was less seen. As Peter said in his second letter the promised morning star of the Spirit of Jesus will rise in the hearts of those reborn ones who feed on the sacred word.

nick

you say;;Hi T,
    Not so,

But men preferred again the darkness of intellect and theology and that light was less seen. As Peter said in his second letter the promised morning star of the Spirit of Jesus will rise. in the hearts of those reborn ones who feed on the sacred word.

I said;;
    so i believe that after Christ died the sun or the light went down with the dead of Christ,and that his reflection the apostles was also darker as they died out and in time all were gone so darkness came on the earth

Nick;you say just about the same thing ,except you forgot the apostles died and the wolfs move in ,the wolfs are not light.
    they are soldiers from Satan disguised in angels of light

so after the apostles were all gone the light dimed,that s what i have said,and the only light left was the scriptures and the spirit there of.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Do you really think darkness is greater than light?
    There will still be some bridesmaids with oil supplies ready to meet him.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2010,07:21)
    Hi T,

Nick

what i want to say is that today and since the dead of the last apostle ,thing becomes darker there was always light because of the scriptures and some righteous on earth,
    so in reality the light never left the earth,

in the last days the scriptures are so widely spread around the world so that the light of Christ is known trough out the earth.

but the light is given to those who look for ,but remember only 5 meet him, and yes they had oil

question ;what is the oil stand for??

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 01 2010,12:37)

Hi T,

Nick

what i want to say is that today and since the dead of the last apostle ,thing becomes darker there was always light because of the scriptures and some righteous on earth,

in the last days the scriptures are so widely spread around the world so that the light of Christ is known trough out the earth.

but the light is given to those who look for ,but remember only 5 meet him, and yes they had oil

God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 01 2010,23:26)

Hi T,

Nick

God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

georg

you should read the parable again , it is not the holy spirit.

you can not buy the holy spirit,neither carry it in jars.so to speak

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 02 2010,05:43)

Hi T,

Nick

God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

georg

There will also be no real ten virgins, it's a parable.
    The lamps are us, we can only shine if we have the oil in us, the Holy Spirit.
    Buying oil is not meant literal; you receive God's Holy Spirit over time through your study of his word.
    What this parable tells us is, we have to be in constant touch with the word, with God.
    Jesus was the light of the world, he was full of God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 02 2010,15:22)

Hi T,

Nick

God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

georg

Buying oil is not meant literal; you receive God's Holy Spirit over time through your study of his word.
    What this parable tells us is, we have to be in constant touch with the word, with God.

Georg

georg

to understand this parable we have to go back in time;
    Ge 19:12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here,
    Ge 19:13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”
    Ge 19:14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the LORD is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking

Ge 19:17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain

Ge 19:26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

Mt 24:38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
    Mt 24:39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
    Mt 24:40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.
    Mt 24:41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
    Mt 24:42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

this is my take ;the 10 virgin=all the believers in Christ.
    lamp= our faith.
    the jar and oil = the readiness to meet Christ wen he return.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    If you let scripture teach oil is of anointing.
    Anointing is of the Spirit of God.

We are only given an EARNEST of the Spirit.
    As 2 peter 1 tells us it is necessary to build on what we are given.
    ASK, SEEK. KNOCK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 02 2010,18:38)
    Hi t,
    If you let scripture teach oil is of anointing.
    Anointing is of the Spirit of God.

We are only given an EARNEST of the Spirit.
    As 2 peter 1 tells us it is necessary to build on what we are given.
    ASK, SEEK. KNOCK

nick

i hope that one day someone answers you ,
    until then keep knoking,asking,and seek.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Scripture can guide you.
    “Your word is a LAMP to my feet”[Ps119.105]

Lk 19 and Mt 25 show us that what God invests in us [His Spirit of grace]must produce a profit for Him.

The land that soaks up the rain falling on it and produces a crop is blessed.[Heb6.7]

See that no one comes short of the grace of God[Heb12]

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 02 2010,16:02)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 02 2010,15:22)

Hi T,

Nick

God's Holy Spirit.

Georg

georg

Georg

georg

to understand this parable we have to go back in time;
    Ge 19:12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here,
    Ge 19:13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”
    Ge 19:14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the LORD is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking

Ge 19:17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain

Ge 19:26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

Mt 24:38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
    Mt 24:39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
    Mt 24:40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.
    Mt 24:41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
    Mt 24:42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

this is my take ;the 10 virgin=all the believers in Christ.
    lamp= our faith.
    the jar and oil = the readiness to meet Christ wen he return.

To tell you the truth, those scriptures make no sense to me; you should have given your explanations with each one, why you mentioned them.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account