The Truth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is the truth

John 14:6
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Truth was in him
    John 1:14
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Ephesians 4:21
    If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:Ephesians 4:21

and that truth was the grace of God's Spirit.

John 14:17
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

and he said this in Jn17

17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth

and the teachings of the gospel are truth
    Ephesians 1:13
    In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

We should abide in the bible teachings which are truth and abhor the empty teachings of men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    How odd it is that men will not believe the truth.
    They would seem to prefer those who accused him of making himself equal with God.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2007,14:03)
    Hi,
    They would seem to prefer those who accused him of making himself equal with God.

NH

We agree he was God, they didnt believe he was.

Whos camp are you in?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    His enemies believed he was saying he was God though he told them he was the Son.
    They hated him and sought to kill him.
    Abhor the spirit of antichrist

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2007,14:58)
    Hi W,
    His enemies believed he was saying he was God though he told them he was the Son.

NH

Look again. His enemys believed he was saying he was equal to God therfore to them he was saying he was God!

So they sought to kill him saying he had blasphemed making himself equal to God, which to the Jews meant he was claiming deity.

Jn 5:18
    Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

How could one be equal to God and not be God?

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So you agree with them?
    Would you have picked up a stone too?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2007,15:34)
    Hi W,
    So you agree with them?
    Would you have picked up a stone too?

NH

Yes I agree what they say was his claims, but you are the one in their camp to not believe that he is God!

They didnt believe him and wanted to stone him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    No they wanted to stone him for blasphemy according to the Law.
    Why would anyone want to stone the Son of God?
    He is not God.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2007,15:41)
    Hi w,
    No they wanted to stone him for blasphemy according to the Law.
    Why would anyone want to stone the Son of God?
    He is not God.

NH

Because they believed he claimed to be God!

Of course you like them dont believe him either!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    I believe what he said.
    He is the Christ, the messiah, the Son of the living God.
    So should you and you would not need to search for a stone.

Unisage
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 14 2007,14:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2007,14:03)
    Hi,

NH

We agree he was God, they didnt believe he was.

Whos camp are you in?

???

We wonder the same thing about you..

The Scribes ACCUSED Jesus being God.Jesus never ever claim that he was.Matter afact Jesus said to them are ye gods? Dont forget the Scribes wanted Jesus dead it didnt matter how they did it..You need to go back and reread Jesus Trial.

But some people had twist that to.because they dont know how to read..

Whos camp are you in?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 14 2007,15:03)

Hi W,

NH

Look again. His enemys believed he was saying he was equal to God therfore to them he was saying he was God!

So they sought to kill him saying he had blasphemed making himself equal to God, which to the Jews meant he was claiming deity.

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

If something is equal to something else, then something is not something else. You can't be equal to someone and be that someone.
    If you are the son of your father, can you also be your father?
    Just my opinion.

Blessings.

Quote (chosenone @ May 17 2007,08:45)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 14 2007,15:03)

Hi W,

NH

If something is equal to something else, then something is not something else.  You can't be equal to someone and be that someone.
        If you are the son of your father, can you also be your father?
        Just my opinion.

Blessings.

CO

For any other being metaphisically what you say is true.

But we are talking about the infitely all knowing and omnipotent, omnipresent, all powerfull, unchanging, from everlasting to everlasting God.

To be equal to him you would have to have all those attributes.

Can any being be equal to him or match him in all the mentioned attributes and not be God?

Can any being fill all things? And yet we see both the Father and Yeshua fills all things.

We see Yeshua is the exact replication of all that God is!

A small example of how infinite God is…

How Great is God? Can you fathom it?

Long milleniums ago, God said, “Let there be light!” With that command a universe of raging infernos called stars came into existence, and have been transferring their energies into limitless energy-containing systems ever since. Even today, the seeming myriad's of stars and nebulae continue to be a breathtaking and inspiring panoply. When you go out and look up to the sky on a clear dark night, when the heavens look like dark blue velvet, and the stars like diamonds, it seems as though there were no end to the number of twinkling points of light. You would think that it was quite impossible to count the starry hosts, and that it would be just about as easy to count the grains of sand on the seashore. Really, however, there are not really so many stars to be seen with the unaided eye as you would imagine. They have often been counted, and the result is that the number of stars that an ordinary eye can see at any one time is somewhere about 2,000. If you have very keen eyes, you may be able to see another 500 or so; but there are not many people who can see 2,500 stars, and if you can see 2,000 you do fairly well.
    By contrast, the Bible states in Jer. 33:22 that “the host of heaven **CANNOT BE NUMBERED**.” During the thousand's of years before Galileo's invention of the telescope, such a statement was considered to be either false or at least a gross exaggeration. The stars uncountable? The universe, they said, was too small to contain that many stars! However, using such giant telescopes as the “200 inch” on Mount Palomar in California, astronomers have estimated that there are billions of billions of stars in the visible universe. More specifically, astronomers estimate that their number is equal to 1,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000 or one sextillion. Is this an uncountable number? That is-the number that can be seen through the telescopes! But as far as man can see the universe stretches on and on into infinity- he has never discovered its outer perimeter. We therefore conclude that the term “uncountable” is indeed a very appropriate description of the number of stars in the universe. Yet in Ps. 147:4 we read that “GOD telleth the number of the stars; HE calleth them all by their names.” God is not only able to number the stars- these billions of billions of blazing suns- but He calls each of them by name–He has ascribed a nature, a power, a purpose to each!
    To get some idea of the vastness of the universe…the star known as “Alpha Hercules” is more than 2,400,000,000 miles across. It is so huge that our own sun, together with the earth (at its distance of about 93 million miles from the sun) could be placed 25 times IN A ROW across the middle of this super giant star. To fly through-this star from one end to the other (if it were possible!) at 25,000 miles per hour your rocket would take 11 years! What distances! What a GOD! Psalm 19 well says, “The heavens declare the glory of God.” The stars shine on in their glory as in the beginning. Milleniums and cycles have gone by, kingdoms have arisen and slowly passed away. Yet the stars' brightness is not dimmed, nor their force abated. The dew of youth still seems fresh upon them. No faltering motion reveals the decrepitude of age. These shine on in undiminished glory through all the ages of time.
    You or I in words cannot begin to explain nor understand the Greatness of our God!

Equality and not be God? I dont think so.

Blessings!

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    How amazing is our God?
    How kind to send His son to rescue us.
    But you should not still confuse them or are you hard of hearing?

chosenone
    Participant

Who has the “Truth”?
    There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of christian 'denominations', each one believing something different. Churches split because of doctrinal differences, then split again, this still goes on today. This website shows how different our beliefs are!
    Then who will be saved? Each one says they have the truth and only they will be saved. All say they are, because they have the “Holy Spirit” in them. Is our God a God of confusion? Can He not unite all in the same belief? What in the world is happening, how is one to know the “Truth”?
    Anyone have the answer?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the way of Jesus requires we are reborn of the Spirit.
    That is what unites us in him.
    Rom 8

Not3in1
    Participant

Does anyone have the answer? YES! I do! So does Nick, t8, Kenrch, WJ, Isaiah, David, Adam, GW, Olive, Charity, Tim2, Tim4, and all the other brethern as well.

Who is right? I share your burden of thought. I have brought this question up a few times myself. There are no easy answers, only more questions. I have come to believe that scripture lends itself to many views. This belief is a bit disheartening because I want to be right! :) I want to know that I have the *only* truth/view/theory. But the truth of the matter is, I see truth in almost everyone's posts.

I do believe there is such a thing as deception. But only God's holy spirit can lead us into truth, and that is the real answer. God's spirit will teach us everything that we need to know.

Pray for wisdom and insight. Seek God day and night with all your heart. The gateway to truth is love. Blessings to you!

NickHassan
    Participant

amen

olive
    Participant

You know Nick, I can understand and accept 'each other sharpening other's sword' this is somewhere spoken in the Hebrew scriptures, but your words are becoming empty to ones asking.

Is there a reason for this ?

Do you need prayer, as we all do, to unite and build each other up, so we all may worship in truth and spirit.

What is needed Nick, please ask and we will all feverently pray for you.

Why is it that we never ask for prayer from our brother/sister, because we feel that we have discovered all the mysteries of YAH.

I will stand up and say I do not. Where is the love, that we are to show.

blessings and love

olive
    Participant

WJ,

I will admit openly, that your words are empty, you and nick constanly bicker between each other, as well as you do w/ others.

Do you have an unteachable spirit? Are you now, 'spiritually superior' than others, no humbleness……………

Your long speeches, does not Christ say watch out for ones that love to hear themselves talk, I guess it would mean 'showing off' in secular terms.

Has does your table look, set for three, god, son and holy spirit?

Who opens the door for you to enter paradise? Who is Christ leading you too?

Are you afraid to 'leave' your salvation in the blood of Christ, does it bother you he was flesh ?

blessings and love

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account