The trinity in isaiah 48:12-16

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,12:32)
    Hi TC,

God is THE CULMINATION OF THREE.
    Must be hard to pray to and worship such an odd concoction.

Why the lesson in trinitarian doctrine?
    Show us scripture.

None say God is a trinity but it is a very popular idea among men.
    Who do you follow?

Nick,

Actually it is quite easy praying to my God. I can pray to the Father, or Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, or all three at the same time. They are all God and therefore, all worthy of my praise and worship. My God is powerful enough to be who he is. By saying he cannot be three persons, you limit his abilities.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,.
    Yes someone said it is like going to a store and you deal with which ever customer service agent is free at the time.

Is this your view too or is your God one?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,12:42)
    Hi TC,.
    Yes someone said it is like going to a store and you deal with which ever customer service agent is free at the time.

Nick,

That is a terrible analogy. All of my God is always free to hear my prayers. My God is one. That is why no matter which person I pray to, all of God hears me. You think that because they are separate persons they cannot also be one, united and steadfast in identity and in truth.

TC27

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,08:58)

Hi TC,.

Nick,

That is a terrible analogy. All of my God is always free to hear my prayers. My God is one. That is why no matter which person I pray to, all of God hears me. You think that because they are separate persons they cannot also be one, united and steadfast in identity and in truth.

TC27

You don't believe in John 3:16?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,.

Nick,

TC27

Hi TC,
    Your imagination knows no bounds.
    But we should learn from scripture.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:15)

Hi TC,.

Nick,

TC27

Hi TC,

Nick,

I imagine nothing. The Bible clearly states the deity of Christ. and because of his deity it is perfectly acceptable to pray to him.

TC27

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 23 2009,13:00)

Hi TC,.

Nick,

TC27

You don't believe in John 3:16?

Bod,

How am I saying that I do not believe in John 3:16?

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:17)

Hi TC,.

Nick,

TC27

Hi TC,

Nick,

I imagine nothing. The Bible clearly states the deity of Christ. and because of his deity it is perfectly acceptable to pray to him.

TC27

Hi TC,
    How many deities do you pray too?
    Three?

We are not polytheists and you should not be either should you?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:19)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:17)

Hi TC,.

Nick,

TC27

Hi TC,

Nick,

TC27

Hi TC,
    How many deities do you pray too?
    Three?

We are not polytheists and you should not be either should you?

Nick,

You know exactly what I am saying. You know I am not a polytheist. I am a trinitarian monotheist. To call me otherwise shows that you just want to argue.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    You admit you pray to three and now want to say you do not??

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:36)
    Hi TC,

Nick,

I never admitted to praying to three gods, I admitted to praying to the three persons of ONE God.

You are making this so much more complicated than it needs to be.

TC27

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:40)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:36)
    Hi TC,

Nick,

I never admitted to praying to three gods, I admitted to praying to the three persons of ONE God.

You are making this so much more complicated than it needs to be.

TC27

Let's make it simple then, YOU believe that ONE person of the Three persons of God, Died for you right?

The Father did not die for you, right? The Holy spirit did not die for you, right? These both are God, right?

So if you say that God died for you it would not mean that The Father who is God died for you or The Holy Spirit who is God died for you, right?

So 2 persons who are called God according to your belioef did not die for you , right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    You said
    “Actually it is quite easy praying to my God. I can pray to the Father, or Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, or all three at the same time. They are all God and therefore, all worthy of my praise and worship. My God is powerful enough to be who he is. By saying he cannot be three persons, you limit his abilities.”

You offer FOUR forms of prayer here and yet you say you are only really offering one?
    Trinity theory requires you make a merry dance step or two.

glad tidings
    Participant

Here's a website that really drives home biblical monotheism, and a lot of other related topics that tend to get obscured by trinitarian beliefs (i.e. sleep of the dead, Hebrew roots of Christianity, meaning of the word, “Messiah”, etc) – with great clarity. On the blog under Sean's articles, there's also interesting articles relating to the “pre-existence toppic. ENJOY! http://www.kingdomready.org

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (glad tidings @ July 24 2009,10:46)
    Here's a website that really drives home biblical monotheism,  and a lot of other related topics that tend to get obscured by trinitarian beliefs (i.e. sleep of the dead, Hebrew roots of Christianity, meaning of the word, “Messiah”, etc) – with great clarity.   On the blog under Sean's articles, there's also interesting articles relating to the “pre-existence toppic.    ENJOY!  www.kingdomready.org

gt,
    We'll just stick to the scriptures thank you.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 24 2009,10:48)

Quote (glad tidings @ July 24 2009,10:46)
    Here's a website that really drives home biblical monotheism,  and a lot of other related topics that tend to get obscured by trinitarian beliefs (i.e. sleep of the dead, Hebrew roots of Christianity, meaning of the word, “Messiah”, etc) – with great clarity.   On the blog under Sean's articles, there's also interesting articles relating to the “pre-existence toppic.    ENJOY!  www.kingdomready.org

gt,
    We'll just stick to the scriptures thank you.

thinker

Except when it comes to the trinity and then we will just wing it. :D

glad tidings
    Participant

Also, another great feature of this website (www.kingdomready.org) is that there is a podcast feature that allows one to hear (previously recorded) live radio broadcasts on topics relating to monotheism vs trinitarianism (the last four programs have dealt with these matters).

CHEERS

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (glad tidings @ July 24 2009,11:04)
    Also, another great feature of this website (www.kingdomready.org) is that there is a podcast feature that allows one to hear (previously recorded) live radio broadcasts on topics relating to monotheism vs trinitarianism (the last four programs have dealt with these matters).

CHEERS

The fuuny thing is trinitarians believe they are practicing Monotheism.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 24 2009,11:19)

CHEERS

bd,
    Your Muslim brothers say trinitarians practice monotheism.

Some of the biggest misconceptions that many non-Muslims have about Islam have to do with the word “Allah.”  For various reasons, many people have come to believe that Muslims worship a different God than Christians and Jews.  This is totally false, since “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for “God” – and there is only One God.  Let there be no doubt – Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus – peace be upon them all.  However, it is certainly true that Jews, Christians and Muslims all have different concepts of Almighty God.  For example, Muslims – like Jews – reject the Christian beliefs of the Trinity and the Divine Incarnation.  This, however, does not mean that each of these three religions worships a different God – because, as we have already said, there is only One True God.  Judaism, Christianity and Islam all claim to be “Abrahamic Faiths”, and all of them are also classified as “monotheistic.”  However, Islam teaches that other religions have, in one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them with man-made ideas

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/195/

The Father Himself called Jesus God. It's not our problem that anti-trinitarians do not accept the Father's word.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 10 2009,11:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 24 2009,11:19)

CHEERS

bd,
    Your Muslim brothers say trinitarians practice monotheism.

Some of the biggest misconceptions that many non-Muslims have about Islam have to do with the word “Allah.”  For various reasons, many people have come to believe that Muslims worship a different God than Christians and Jews.  This is totally false, since “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for “God” – and there is only One God.  Let there be no doubt – Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus – peace be upon them all.  However, it is certainly true that Jews, Christians and Muslims all have different concepts of Almighty God.  For example, Muslims – like Jews – reject the Christian beliefs of the Trinity and the Divine Incarnation.  This, however, does not mean that each of these three religions worships a different God – because, as we have already said, there is only One True God.  Judaism, Christianity and Islam all claim to be “Abrahamic Faiths”, and all of them are also classified as “monotheistic.”  However, Islam teaches that other religions have, in one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them with man-made ideas

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/195/

The Father Himself called Jesus God. It's not our problem that anti-trinitarians do not accept the Father's word.

thinker

Jesus said that everyone who who receives the word is called God and God said “Ye are Gods” God says “You are all the children of the Most High.

So even if everyone was God whyis God then calling Himself The Most High?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account