The throne of Satan through history

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

to my understanding of the scriptures Jesus has only one church and those that are part of his church have only one will to be one with Jesus ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

There is only one Church. That Church is spread out geographically and thus unique by reason of their collectiveness. So to the Church of Thyatira simply means the (one) Church located in  Thyatira. These are not denominations as we see today and they are not exclusively the body of Christ, but are simply the Church in that area. Understanding this, you then can understand the following:

Aquila and Prisca greet you heartily in the Lord, with the church that is in their house. 

So it is the Church that meets in their home. That would mean not everyone in the Church but is addressed to those who meet in that household.

Thus, these unique parts of the Church obviously have characteristics that vary giving rise to a unique word from YHWH to the cities in Asia as recorded by John.

terraricca
    Participant

yes I agree with this ,but those that really are a part of Jesus church are those that have faithfully live their lives in Jesus ,

2Pe 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
    2Pe 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
    2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
    2Pe 1:6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
    2Pe 1:7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
    2Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2Pe 1:9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
    2Pe 1:10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,
    2Pe 1:11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes they are those who are part of the Church in a specific area. You cannot say this about the denominations we see today because not all who belong to them are part of the true Church. Some go to Church today for reasons like picking up girls or guys for example. Anyone who said that a Church today is 100% made up of people who belong to God would be crazy. Yet that is the biblical definition. Thus what people think Church is today is not the true biblical meaning of Church.

The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ.

and He (Christ) is the head of the body, the church…

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as also ye were called in one hope of your calling;

Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church,

terraricca
    Participant

“ONE BODY ONE SPIRIT” to all that belong to Christ this is key , if we have a different spirit than God and Jesus we are not of his

Proclaimer
    Participant

Is there a point in your last post that relates to this discussion or is it just an agreeable statement that we both hold?

Proclaimer
    Participant

They are addressed to specific churches because it clearly says so and each letter contains both praise and criticism unique to the works of each church. Of course, we learn from history and history repeats itself so today it speaks to us. This ties in nicely with our other discussion about learning from history. Thanks for your previous post as it allowed me to address both issues with the truth.

terraricca
    Participant

my last statement stands on it own ,it is us that have to answer that in our hearts and soul, I can answer only for me

Proclaimer
    Participant

Your last statement is not related to the subject, so it can stand on its own if it wants, but makes no difference as to the point at hand.

Were the letters addressed to specific churches or not. You say no. I disagree with you. It is obvious that they are addressed to Believers in cities in Asia. But you are allowed to deny that. Even if we are told not to add or take way anything from that book. I feel you are taking away the bit that addresses specific churches and acting like they are not there at all.

terraricca
    Participant

let see ;if we change the names into 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, or A,B,C,D,E,F,G

Would by any means of this change the message ?

this is also reflecting in the name ;BABYLON THE GREAT” who is this ?

those question can be answered but not with the written words but by the understanding of them

Proclaimer
    Participant

Would by any means of this change the message ?

No, because as you know now, we learn from history.

Proclaimer
    Participant

this is also reflecting in the name ;BABYLON THE GREAT” who is this ?

There are a number of threads talking about that, but suffice to say, there are some interesting theories on this. Either they are all wrong, or one of them is right.

terraricca
    Participant

if the names of the churches would not change the message today so it would have done it in the days of being written but the ones not living by the truth would be mislead by it

Proclaimer
    Participant

Look I get it. You say the addressed locations mean nothing. But I would think if that were true, that they wouldn’t be mentioned. John didn’t have to write them down, but he did because the message was delivered by God. It means what it says and we can learn from history. It is called hindsight. It is a type of sight. Do you have this form of sight? Do you have the eyes to see?

terraricca
    Participant

scriptures says that anyone that live by the truth will see the light (truth)

and those that are true worshipers MUST worship God in spirit and truth by doing that the holy spirit of truth will come to them

the main factor that Jesus made the letters is to remind all of us how to be saved by our action and thoughts from the heart ;our response to his message

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes, as I said in another discussion with you, we learn from true history. But you still hold that the locations are meaningless. I disagree with that view of yours.

terraricca
    Participant

then show me that all the church names and understanding of their location are or have any importance with the message that Jesus conveys to John through his angel,

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Too much work for me, but you can do it yourself as you are well equipped to answer your own question.

Looks like the first one is to the angel of the church in Ephesus.

You can extract the rest from here:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+2&version=NASB

terraricca
    Participant

of course i know the answer for i have study it, tell me all the bad in one church does not arise in the others ?

or are all the wicked things only related to the one church ?

if you say yes then there must be more than one truth ,

i always understood from the bible that God is the source of the truth ,and the devil the source of lies ,

and James said that corruption start in men’s mind ,and that WE men have to over come it by following the truth of God

this is what self control means

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account