The Ten Commandments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

HI kenrch,
    Paul makes the distinction between the OT law and the Law of Christ and you should too.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Ok im back again. If what you say is true, then plz explain this

Rev 14:12
    12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Im sorry… but the commandments of God are not “obsolete” and since this is mentioned in Revelations! the last book of the bible… therefore it proves the commandments are still to be kept. Does it not?

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Love is the fulfillment of the commandments of God according to Jesus.

Morning Star
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Feb. 27 2007,08:56)
    Hi Nick

Ok im back again. If what you say is true, then plz explain this

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Im sorry… but the commandments of God are not “obsolete” and since this is mentioned in Revelations! the last book of the bible… therefore it proves the commandments are still to be kept. Does it not?

Hugs
    Phoenix

we are to keep the commandments but through the fulfilled version:

Love God with all your heart.
    No Idolaltry even money.
    Don't take any Oath.
    Everyday is sabbath
    Honor everyone
    Don't even be angry or hate.
    Give your stuff away
    Don't even lust over another man's wife
    Don't ever lie

Most of these are summed up on the sermon on the mount. They are the commandments of Christ. The Fulfilled versions.

Don't want things of this world

Morning Star
    Participant

Whoops number 10 got lost at the bottom down there.

Notice how these are the ten commandments as expressed for a Christian. The road is actually less narrow.

Love fulfills all of these however. For those who live by the spirit there is no law because you will do the things of the spirit which the Laws does not judge.

The spirit shall bear fruit.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 27 2007,03:32)
    HI kenrch,
    Paul makes the distinction between the OT law and the Law of Christ and you should too.

Paul sure does make a distinction between the law of Moses and the Law of God. Paul said he is NOT WITHOUT the law of GOD.
    The remnant of the true church KEEP the commandments of GOD.

Through Love! If you love ME keep MY the commandments.

If you say you know Christ and commit murder, steal, lie, commit adultery, disrespect your parents, lust after your neighbors goods, have false gods, take God's name in vain, have graven image (omitted by the harlet), a

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 27 2007,03:32)
    HI kenrch,

Paul sure does make a distinction between the law of Moses and the Law of God. Paul said he is NOT WITHOUT the law of GOD.
    The remnant of the true church KEEP the commandments of GOD.

Through Love! If you love ME keep MY the commandments.

If you say you know Christ and commit murder, steal, lie, commit adultery, disrespect your parents, lust after your neighbors goods, have false gods, take God's name in vain, have graven image (omitted by the harlet), and do not keep the Sabbath day holy he is a liar.

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

You will ignore all those scriptures that plainly say Keep the commandments just to keep the Harlet's doctrine.

If I keep the Sabbath am I sinning? If I don't murder am I sinning?

Seems like it's harder for you to keep the Sabbath than murder! WHY?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Morning Star @ Feb. 27 2007,11:59)

Notice how these are the ten commandments as expressed for a Christian.  The road is actually less narrow.

Love fulfills all of these however.  For those who live by the spirit there is no law because you will do the things of the spirit which the Laws does not judge.

Yes under Christ the law is not done away, It's spiritual and more strict.  If you LOOK at a woman with lust then you have commited adultery.  Does that make the forth commandment less important?

Again and again and again  If you love ME keep MY commandments.  

Love the Lord thy God with everything you are.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

On these two hang all the rest of the commandments.

Did He say the rest you don't have to keep?  NO! Thats the daughters of the Harlet Idea. He said that the other commandments are part of the two.  The Harlet went for the juggler vain brake the sabbath and you say you don't recognize God as creator “as your God”  Who can make a day Holy?  Set it apart sanctify it?

If I keep the Sabbath do I sin?

People don't trust the Harlet with the Trinity doctrine but the Harlet is correct in changing God's law?  The Harlet is your enemy if you are christian.  

Dan 7:25  And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

There were 360 days in a year back then.  360 x 3.5 = 1260 yrs.

Rev 12:6  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a “thousand two hundred and threescore days”.

This is how the church survived the onslaught of the crusades.

2Th 2:8  And then shall be revealed the “lawless one”, whom the Lord Jesus shall slay with the breath of his mouth, and bring to nought by the manifestation of his coming;

2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Morning Star
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 27 2007,13:08)

Notice how these are the ten commandments as expressed for a Christian.  The road is actually less narrow.

Love fulfills all of these however.  For those who live by the spirit there is no law because you will do the things of the spirit which the Laws does not judge.

Yes under Christ the law is not done away, It's spiritual and more strict.  If you LOOK at a woman with lust then you have commited adultery.  Does that make the forth commandment less important?

Did He say the rest you don't have to keep?  NO! Thats the daughters of the Harlet Idea. He said that the other commandments are part of the two.  The Harlet went for the juggler vain brake the sabbath and you say you don't reconize God as creator “as your God”  Who can make a day Holy?  Set it apart sanctify it?

People don't trust the Harlet with the Trinity doctrine but the Harlet is correct in changing God's law?  The Harlet is your enemy if you are christian.  

Dan 7:25  And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

There were 360 days ina year back then.  360 x 3.5 = 1260 yrs.

Rev 12:6  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a “thousand two hundred and threescore days”.

2Th 2:8  And then shall be revealed the “lawless one”, whom the Lord Jesus shall slay with the breath of his mouth, and bring to nought by the manifestation of his coming;

2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

I agree with you.

The difference is I am approaching the sabbath more strictly than you.

All the laws were narrowed not abolished. The spirit of the law not the letter. Truly being good not just following the bare minimum of a written rule, looking for loopholes.

The sabbath is everyday. Everyday is kept holy. This is the narrower more strict view, and it was held by the early christians of the seven churches in Revelations. Just go read the histories of what these churches believed.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Morning Star @ Feb. 27 2007,13:13)

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 27 2007,13:08)

Did He say the rest you don't have to keep?  NO! Thats the daughters of the Harlet Idea. He said that the other commandments are part of the two.  The Harlet went for the juggler vain brake the sabbath and you say you don't reconize God as creator “as your God”  Who can make a day Holy?  Set it apart sanctify it?

There were 360 days ina year back then.  360 x 3.5 = 1260 yrs.

I agree with you.

The difference is I am approaching the sabbath more strictly than you.  

All the laws were narrowed not abolished. The spirit of the law not the letter.  Truly being good not just following the bare minimum of a written rule, looking for loopholes.

The sabbath is everyday.  Everyday is kept holy. This is the narrower more strict view, and it was held by the early christians of the seven churches in Revelations.  Just go read the histories of what these churches believed.

MS the Sabbath day is a day set apart to rest. Do you work?
    Get away from your daily routine. Worship, you worship God ALL day everyday? You can't you have to do what the other six are for. :)

I H L,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

MS why is the Sabbath always under attack? If you kept nine but always murder or steal or whatever I would be saying don't murder don't steal. But those commandments NEVER come under attack. Just the forth commandment is attacked why? The forth commandment starts with REMEMBER. Do you vist with the Father all day everyday? Again you cannot that is impossible don't you think God knows that. Try that you may you cannot worship God all day on the other six days that were created for work.

I keep the Sabbath. Am I sinning?

Morning Star
    Participant

No your not sinning, but Paul was disheartened by those who didnt understand. He was content with letting any many fully believe a certain day is special however.

Everyday we are to do whatever we do for the Lord. If it is work then we are to work as making a spiritual sacrifice to God. No longer in our lives is there a division between sacred and profane (this used to mean secular). Everything we do is to be in sanctity.

We do all things unto the Lord as an act of worship, even work.

kenrch
    Participant

MS you worship God all day on the other six days.
    Love the Lord with ALL your mind. You can't MS how would you work? Part of your mind has to be on your work. Don't you want to vist with your Father ALL day. Your Father has set a day apart blessed it made it Holy. You make all the other days holy?

If I'm not sinning by keeping the forth Commandment. And I'm not sinning by not commiting adultery, am I? WELL?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 27 2007,13:35)
    MS why is the Sabbath always under attack?  If you kept nine but always murder or steal or whatever I would be saying don't murder don't steal.  But those commandments NEVER come under attack.  Just the forth commandment is attacked why?  The forth commandment starts with REMEMBER. Do you vist with the Father all day everyday?  Again you cannot that is impossible don't you think God knows that.  Try that you may you cannot worship God all day on the other six days that were created for work.

I keep the Sabbath.  Am I sinning?

Hi kenrch,
    Matt 19
    “16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18He saith unto him, Which?
    Jesus said,
    Thou shalt do no murder,
    Thou shalt not commit adultery,
    Thou shalt not steal,
    Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19Honour thy father and thy mother:
    and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Where is it?

It does not apply to the Lord of the sabbath.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Today's reading
    “Thus says the LORD of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.” (Zechariah 7:9-10, ESV)

LOVE

Morning Star
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 27 2007,13:55)
    MS you worship God all day on the other six days.  
    Love the Lord with ALL your mind.  You can't MS how would you work?  Part of your mind has to be on your work.  Don't you want to vist with your Father ALL day.  Your Father has set a day apart blessed it made it Holy.  You make all the other days holy?

If I'm not sinning by keeping the forth Commandment.  And I'm not sinning by not commiting adultery, am I?  WELL?

No, I am not perfected.

I don't think that I am trying to make all days holy I believe Christ wanted us to do so. We are to be living in the Kingdom of God. We are stuck in the world but are not part of it. Sojourners passing through.

We have entered the Sabbath rest of Christ.

Hebrews 4
    1Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.[a] 3Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,
    “So I declared on oath in my anger,
    'They shall never enter my rest.' “ And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world. 4For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “And on the seventh day God rested from all his work.”[c] 5And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”
    6It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience. 7Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before:
    “Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts.”[d] 8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi MS

… entering HIS rest… that is Gods Rest which is also stated in verse 10 as you have posted above there.

Besides Nick told me that he thinks that refers to some other sabbath… I dont know

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Remember in 2Peter and ps 90 I think we are told a day can be as 1000 years. So if there was 4000 years between Adam and Christ and 2000 years since then then the seventh day rest[millenial rest] is due. MS is right in that we enter that kingdom at any time before then but it reaches it's complete fulfillment when Christ returns.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Thanks for clarifying. Yes I understand now. But that is irrelevant to the 10 commandments dont you agree?

“He that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18. “Keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.” Proverbs 3:1, 2.

Its written everywhere that you have to Obey the 10 Commandments. It is even written in your heart and mind. You cant deny that.

What of this below?

Rev 14:11
    …and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, …

Just a thought to ponder on, however the next verse says

Maybe the image of the beast that T8 mistaken for technology could be in fact those that broke the 10 commandments?? I dont know

I dont regard what I am saying is 100% correct as you know Im only learning here. But after discovering those verses… it made me think.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Amen. The only question then is how God sees the sabbath for us who are in Christ. Should men impose rules when scripture says this in Col 2

“16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. “

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 541 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account