The Ten Commandments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    Faith First
    Participant

Forty Bible Facts Concerning Sunday

1.The very first thing recorded In the Bible is work done on Sunday, the first day of the week. (Genesis 1:1-5.) The Creator Himself did this. If God made the earth on Sunday, can it be wicked for us to work on Sunday?
    2.God commands men to work upon the first day of the week. (Exodus 20.8-11.) Is it wrong to obey God?
    3.None of the patriarchs ever kept it.
    4.None of the holy prophets ever kept it.
    5.By the express command of-God, His holy people used the first day of the week as a common working day for 4,000 years, at least.
    6.God Himself calls it a “working” day. (Ezekiel 46:1.)
    7.God did not rest upon it.
    8.He never blessed it.
    9.Christ did not rest upon it.
    10.Jesus was a carpenter (Mark 6:3), and worked at His trade until He was thirty years old. He kept the Sabbath and worked six days in the week, as all admit. Hence He did many a hard day’s work on Sunday.
    11.The apostles worked upon it during the same time.
    12.The apostles never rested upon it.
    13.Christ never blessed it.
    14.It has never been blessed by any divine authority.
    15.It has never been sanctified.
    16.No law was ever given to enforce the keeping of it, hence it is no transgression to work upon it. “Where no law is, there is no transgression.” Romans 4:15 (See also 1 John 3:4.)
    17.The New Testament nowhere forbids work to be done on it.
    18.No penalty is provided for its violation.
    19.No blessing is promised for its observance.
    20.No regulation is given as to how it ought to be observed. Would this be so if the Lord wished us to keep it?
    21.It is never called the Christian Sabbath.
    22.It is never called the Sabbath day at all.
    23.It is never called the Lord’s day.
    24.It is never called even a rest day.
    25.No sacred title whatever is applied to it. Then why should we call it holy?
    26.It is simply called “first day of the week.”
    27.Jesus never-mentioned it in any way, never took its name upon His lips, so far as the record shows.
    28.The word Sunday never occurs in the Bible at all.
    29.Neither God, Christ, nor inspired men ever said one word in favour of Sunday as a holy day.
    30.The first day of the week is mentioned only eight times in all the New Testament. (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1, 19; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2.)
    31.Six of these texts refer to the same first day of the week.
    32.Paul directed the saints to look over their secular affairs on that day. (1Corinthians 16:2.)
    33.In all the New Testament we have a record of only one religious meeting held upon that day, and even this was a night meeting. (Acts 20:5-12.)
    34.There is not intimation that they ever held a meeting upon it before or after that.
    35.It was not their custom to meet on that day.
    36.There was no requirement to break bread on that day.
    37.We have an account of only one instance in which it was done. (Acts 20:7.)
    38.That was done in the night-after midnight. (Verses 7-11.) Jesus celebrated it on Thursday evening (Luke 22), and the disciples sometimes did it every day (Acts 2:42-46.)
    39.The Bible nowhere says that the first day of the week commemorates the resurrection of Christ. This is a tradition of men, which contradicts the law of God. (Matthew 15:1-9.) Baptism commemorates the burial and resurrection of Jesus. (Romans 6:3-5.)
    40.Finally, the New Testament is totally silent with regard to any change of the Sabbath day or any sacredness for the first day.

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change” (Sabbath to SUNday) “was her act. And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.”      HF Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons (Catholic Church).

“Sunday is our MARK or authority…the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.”     Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1 1923.

“From this same Catholic Church you have accepted your Sunday, and that Sunday, as the Lord's day, she has handed down as a tradition; and the entire Protestant world has accepted it as tradition, for you have not an iota of Scripture to establish it. Therefore that which you have accepted as your rule of faith, inadequate as it of course is, as well as your Sunday, you have accepted on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church.”-D. B. RAY, “The Papal Controversy,” 1892, page 179.

SUNday is the MARK of the beast.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    Are you of the SDA or are these your own gleanings??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1Jn 3
    ” 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.”

1Jn 4
    ” 21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1Jn 5
    ” 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Are you suggesting that Sunday worship is acceptable? Or are you saying there is no need to set a day aside for worship because we love God?

I dont understand where you are coming from my friend

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Is it written in 1Jn 3.23?

Phoenix
    Participant

It is written that we dont have to set a day aside for worship? Really?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    It is for the jews.

Phoenix
    Participant

So really those that are worshipping on a Sunday are wrong? They are wasting their time?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    We all need to find the way for ourselves.
    Jn 21
    20Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

21Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

22Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2007,02:43)
    Hi P,
    We all need to find the way for ourselves.
    Jn 21
    20Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

21Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

22Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Yes and if you follow Jesus you will keep His CommandmentS.

Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I say unto you I speak not from myself: but the Father abiding in me doeth his works.

God the Father's commandments and Jesus' Commandments according to JESUS are the same. Jesus only said what the Father told Him to say.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.

IHN,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

hi kenrch,
    Ten?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2007,02:57)
    hi kenrch,
    Ten?

No Nick you can keep just the ones you want! :)

You can steal but you can't murder. After all stealing isn't as bad as murder. But scripture says transgression of the law is sin.

1Jo 3:4 Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Nick you can raise the dead but if you break God's law WELL:

Mat 7:20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
    Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

IHN,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    The Good Fruits of obedience to the Law of love is love.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2007,01:53)
    Hi,
    1Jn 3
    ” 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.”

1Jn 4
    ” 21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1Jn 5
    ” 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Thanks Nick

1Jn 3
    ” 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandmentS, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

*Keep the CommandmentS of God AND faith in Jesus Rev. 14:12*

24And he that keepeth his commandmentS dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.”

1Jn 4

1Jn 5
    ” 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandmentS: and his commandmentS are not grievous.

IHN,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2007,02:28)
    Hi P,
    It is for the jews.

We the Gentiles are grafted into Israel. We are joined to Israel as spiritual Jews.

Read what Paul says:

l Rom 11:13  Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry
    Rom 11:14  in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.
    Rom 11:15  For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?
    Rom 11:16  If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
    Rom 11:17  But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,
    Rom 11:18  do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.
    Rom 11:19  Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”
    Rom 11:20  That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. *So do not become proud*, but stand in awe.
    Rom 11:21  For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.

Are the Gentiles above the Jews who believe?  Do you really believe that we Gentiles have permission to sin? And the Jews don't!

***Rom 3:29  Or is God the God of Jews only? is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yea, of Gentiles also:
    Rom 3:30  if so be that God is one, and he shall justify the circumcision by faith, and the uncircumcision through faith.
    Rom 3:31  Do we then make the law of none effect through faith? God forbid: nay, we establish the ***

Paul or Nick? God or man? Scripture or lies and half truths?

God's day or the Pope's day?

IHN,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    What pleased God with regard to the Jewish olive tree?
    Was it their obedience to the ten commandments or their faith expressed in the love of all of the Word of God?

Psalm 52:8
    But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2007,03:44)
    Hi kenrch,
    What pleased God with regard to the Jewish olive tree?
    Was it their obedience to the ten commandments or their faith expressed in the love of all of the Word of God?

Psalm 52:8
    But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

They are God's chosen people through whom the Gentiles are saved. God hardened their heart just for that reason. In the end Israel will be saved because of the Gentiles.

Rom 11:8 according as it is written, *God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear, unto this very day*.
    Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, And a stumblingblock, and a recompense unto them:
    Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, And bow thou down their back always.
    Rom 11:11 I say then, Did they stumble that they might fall? God forbid: **but by their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, to provoke them to jealousy**.

IHN,
    Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Part 2 :D

Rom 11:12 Now if their fall, is the riches of the world, and their loss the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
    Rom 11:13 But I speak to you that are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I glorify my ministry;
    Rom 11:14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy them that are my flesh, and may save some of them.
    Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them is the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
    Rom 11:16 And if the firstfruit is holy, so is the lump: and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

IHN,

Ken :D

kenrch
    Participant

Part 3 :D

Rom 11:17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and thou, being a wild olive, wast grafted in among them, and didst become partaker with them of the root of the fatness of the olive tree;
    Rom 11:18 glory not over the branches: but if thou gloriest, it is not thou that bearest the root, but the root thee.
    Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
    Rom 11:20 Well; by their unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by thy faith. **Be not highminded, but fear**:
    Rom 11:21 **for if God spared not the natural branches, neither will he spare thee**.

Jews only? I don't think so, do you?

IHN,

Ken

Faith First
    Participant

Nick Hassen

It is for the jews.

Your worn out phrase that God's Law was only for the Jews still contradicts the Bible.

Nick, if you were honest with yourself you would see the truth. Perhaps you do see the truth but your pride will not allow you to accept it.

Just remember what the Bible is. It is the Word of God. If you had reverence for God's Holy Word you would not use it so dishonestly twisting and distorting its meaning for your unsanctified ambitions.

The Bible should be used to establish the truth. What you are doing is using the Bible to try to destroy truth and present falsehood. Just remember Who its Author is and just what you are fiddling around with.

Possibly the following will make no impression on you, but for the benefit of honest souls reading these post I will present it.

All Ten Commandments Still In Effect In The New Covenant After The Cross

1.     1Corinthians 10:14     Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
                                              See also 1 Cor 6:9, Acts 17:16&23,  
                                              Romans 2:22&23, 1John 5:21

2.     Acts 17:29                  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought
                                              not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone,
                                              graven by art and man's device. See also 1 Cor 12:2

3.    James 5:12                  But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by
                                               heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath…..
                                               lest ye fall into condemnation.  
    4.     Luke 23:56                  And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and
                                               rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.  
           Hebrews 4 4&9           For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this
                                               wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
                                               There remaineth therefore a (keeping of a sabbath-see margin) rest
                                                to the people of God.
          Acts 17:2                      And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three
                                                sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
          Acts 13:42&44              And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the
                                                Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the
                                                next sabbath. And the next sabbath day came almost the
                                                whole city together to hear the word of God.  
          Isaiha 66:22-23             For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will
                                make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your
                                seed and your name remain.  
              And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to
            another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to
                                                worship before me, saith the LORD.
                                                See also Acts 16:13

5.     Ephesians 6:1-2           Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour
            thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;  
            See also Romans 1:30

6.     James 2:11                   For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
           Romans 13:9                Thou shalt not kill,…
                                                See also Romans1:29

7.     1 Thessalonians 4:3     For this is the will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye
                                                should abstain from fornication:
           James 2:11                   For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
                                                See also 1Cor 6:9, Romans 2:22, Romans 1:29, Romans 13:9

8.     Romans 13:9                Thou shalt not steal…
           1 Thessalonians 4:6      That no [man] go beyond and defraud his brother in [any] matter:
                                     See also 1Cor 6:10

9.    Colossians 3:9               Lie not one to another
           Romans 13:9          Thou shalt not bear false witness

10.    Romans 13:9                Thou shalt not covet;    
                                                 See also 1 Cor 6:10, Romans 1:29

Luke was the only Gentile writer in the New Testament.

He kept God's ten Commandments.

Act 16:13  And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made;

Jesus taught and lived by them;

19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments .

19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19:19 Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Did you get that? Jesus said

Mathew 19:17  but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments .

Then Jesus referred to the Ten Commandments law.

Here are Jesus' own words from the last chapter of the last book of the Bible.

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Rev 22:15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 541 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account