The Ten Commandments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    Under which covenant and to whom were these given?

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 08 2007,02:06)
    Hi m42,
    Hi m42,
    You say
    “One developes Godly character by having relationship with Jesus. This is why Jesus said “If you love me (develope character through relationship) then you will keep the commandments. “

Did Jesus become like his father by associating with Him?
    Do we become like Jesus by just associating with him?

Jn 6
    66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Association did not change them.

I did not say associate did I? Is relationship with your wife one of mere association? I said elationship not associate. do not missquote me.

Faith First
    Participant

The Everlasting Covenant

Hebrews 8:7-8 For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
    For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

The fault in the old covenant were the people of Israel who were part of the covenant.
    The covenant in fact was an everlasting covenant.

1 Chronicles 16:16 [Even of the covenant] which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
    16:17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, [and] to Israel [for] an everlasting covenant,

Though the children of Israel did not keep their part of the covenant God was still prepared to keep His part; renewing and reviving the existing covenant through Jesus. The new covenant was actually a renewed covenant.

What was the old covenant and how was it ratified? It was an agreement between God and Israel described in Exodus 19:5-8 whereby the people promised the keep the ten commandments. It was ratified by the blood of animals. Ex 24:7-8. The poor promises of the people failed because they tried to obey in human strength alone.

In comparison, the new covenant was instituted and ratified by the blood of Jesus at His death (Hebrews 12:24; 13:20; Matthew 26:2. It went into effect when He died.

“For a testament [covenant] is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.” Hebrews 9:17.

Now get this point also about the new covenant:

“Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannuleth, or addeth thereto.” Galatians 3:15.
    This means that after the death of Christ, nothing could be added to or taken away from the new covenant. This is why Jesus introduced the Lord's Supper on Thursday night before He died–so that it would come under the new covenant (Matthew 26:2.

But ponder this question, and don't miss the significance of it. When did SUNday keeping begin? All will answer, “After the resurrection of Jesus.” Then it could not be a part of the new covenant. Nothing could be added after the death of Jesus, the Testator.

There are some that believe that the new covenant is an excuse to sin. They believe that grace does away with the law of God. This is not grace but disgrace!

Said the apostle Paul

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans6:12-16 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in . the lusts thereof
    Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to
    whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 6:22-23 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto
    holiness, and the end everlasting life.
    For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

John 14:15 (Jesus Himself said) “If you love Me keep My commandments”

Mathew 5:17-19 (Jesus speaking) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in (by those in) the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in (by those in) the kingdom of heaven.

1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him

Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer [shall be] abomination.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

Mathew 15:3 (Jesus speaking) But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Mathew 15:9 (Jesus speaking) But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

You see my friend we are not saved by good works we are saved for good works. Salvation is a free gift given on condition that we agree to obey God. It is given freely when come to God in faith repenting of our sins. Obedience to the will of God is evidence that we are in a saving relationship with Him. Let us not lose this free gift.

Lucifer was freely put into heaven, not because he did good works, but he was thrown out because he disobeyed God.

Adam was freely put into the garden of Eden, not because he did good works, but he was evicted because of his disobedience.

The first words of John the Baptist when he began his ministry were “Repent for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand”. Christ began His ministry with the message to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

Repentance is a sorrow for, and a turning away from sin. 1John 3:4 “Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.”

I entreat all reading this message to read your Bible with a sincere desire to know truth and to do the will of God from the heart. There is no second chance after this lifetime. No purgurtory.

Today is the day of your salvation. Tonight your soul may be required of thee.
    Jesus Christ is the Author and Finisher of our faith.

May I close with these words.

“When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth,
    he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest!”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (music4two @ Mar. 08 2007,03:58)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 08 2007,02:06)
    Hi m42,
    Hi m42,
    You say
    “One developes Godly character by having relationship with Jesus. This is why Jesus said “If you love me (develope character through relationship) then you will keep the commandments. “

Did Jesus become like his father by associating with Him?
    Do we become like Jesus by just associating with him?

Jn 6
    66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Association did not change them.

I did not say associate did I?  Is relationship with your wife one of mere association? I said elationship not associate.  do not missquote me.

Hi m42,
    The relationship Christ wants with us is as you say not an association or even just a walk with him, but to submit as he did to his Father, and let God in him live and work in us by His Spirit and we seek the baptism in the Spirit to enable this to happen.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 08 2007,00:51)
    Woah M42

You asked for the Hebrew meaning so I thought I would ask a Rabbi if he could answer it. So I let that be known to you.

Now why did you ask for in your post?

Still want to know if anyone on here can tell me what “Keep” means, as in keep the commandments. While you are at it perhaps you can tell me what “break” the commandments means too.

A reasonable person would not assume the English words portray the exact menaing of the authors wanted to show.

Edited by music4two on Mar. 06 2007,23:37

ahhh i see you have edited because I know you asked for the Hebrew meaning. Well hows that for ya.

Yes I did say that “let the bible interpret the bible”. But I went elsewhere because I thought you were asking a question with honesty… I never clicked that youd be a dork and only asked with sarcasm and wanted to act like a “know it all” and not give credit to the true authors!!

Fine… but I would rather believe a Rabbi who is a Hebrew and was raised as a Jew and is in Judaism… more than someone who works at a nuclear plant, doesnt even go to Jewish school and isnt even a Rabbi. You rejected Strongs concordance yourself, so what are you on about?

You speak of Attitude? Look at your own. Someone who re-edits their old posts to twist things around. hmm??

I did not edit about the Hebre meanings and at least I have the character to not call names. I simply added this
    A reasonable person would not assume the English words portray the exact menaing of the authors wanted to show.

I would not have removed the word “Hebrew”. In fact I wish I HAD written it with that understanding, because I believe all of scripture should be understood from a Hebrew perspective. Both Old and New Testament.

It was not a trick question, but thanks for proving my point about judgementalism without knowing the heart of a person.

Give credit to the true authors? Excuse me! they are all in heraven. I am giving credit to them by understanding their culture and perspective in which they wrote. How about you?
    You asked a practising Rabbi who is of the modern Jewish faith. A faith and a people that have been in darkness since rejecting their messiah. A people that have no leading of the spirit because they are not even saved and I am supposed to acknowledge them over a man that walks with Jesus christ?

ther oint of my whole post was to point out that everyone on here if fighting over Keeping or breaking the Sabbath/commandments and no one has even bothers to ascertain what those words mean. It is pointless debate for no purpose except to have phylosophical debate. Is anyone really interested in knowing the truth of what God meant?

Faith First
    Participant

1Jo 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Heb 10:26  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Phoenix
    Participant

M42

I would not have removed the word “Hebrew”

Dont lie to me. I know you had Hebrew in there that's why I said I would ask the Rabbi whom I knew was a Hebrew and knows Ancient Hebrew.

It was not a trick question

Still want to know if anyone on here can tell me what “Keep” means, as in keep the commandments. While you are at it perhaps you can tell me what “break” the commandments means too.

Edited by music4two on Mar. 06 2007,23:37

Looks like a question to me. Even without the question mark. Also, now what you typed in that quote doesnt even make sense anymore now that you took Hebrew out of it.

Give credit to the true authors?

Im talking about where you get your translations from.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 08 2007,04:49)
    Im talking about where you get your translations from.

I know you are talking about the source of the translations. As I said you got yours from a Rabbi. Rabbis of the Jewish faith or in darkness. They have been for 2000 years. Without Christ they are in darkness and yes a Christian has a much better chance to be right in his translation then any praticing Jew without Christ.
    Notice what happened to those of the Jewish faith after they rejected their messiah.

Romans 11
     7What then? What Israel is seeking, it has not obtained, but those who were chosen obtained it, and the rest were hardened;

8just as it is written,
             “GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR,
             EYES TO SEE NOT AND EARS TO HEAR NOT,
             DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY.”

9And David says,
             “LET THEIR TABLE BECOME A SNARE AND A TRAP,
             AND A STUMBLING BLOCK AND A RETRIBUTION TO THEM.
        10″LET THEIR EYES BE DARKENED TO SEE NOT,
             AND BEND THEIR BACKS FOREVER.”

Romans 11;25

25For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery–so that you will not be wise in your own estimation–that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

2 Corinthians 3 (speaking of Israel)

14But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ.

15But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart;

16but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

Without Christ, they are still behind a veil and in darkness concerning the things of God.

As to the rest of your judgements, I cannot prove my innocence to you so I will not even try. You would not accept anything that denies your right to judgements of my motives. How very unfortunate for you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    So the FIRST covenant was with Israel.
    Jesus spoke of a NEW covenant, even with Israel, but you prefer a renewed one?
    You oppose scripture.

Jeremiah 31:31
    Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:8
    For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:13
    In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 12:24
    And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Faith First @ Mar. 08 2007,04:36)
    1Jo 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Heb 10:26  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

And what is the biblical definition of the word “sin”?
    Does sin automatically result in punishment?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    There are two.
    Sin that lives in us
    conceived of obedience to our lusts and
    Sin actions.

We inherit the first and serving the god of this world commit the second.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 08 2007,20:18)
    Hi m42,
    There are two.
    Sin that lives in us
    conceived of obedience to our lusts and
    Sin actions.

We inherit the first and serving the god of this world commit the second.

Not the question I asked.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M42,
    First we must define SIN according to scripture as I have done.
    All have sinned but Paul told us sin lived in him.
    God only judges SIN committed.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 08 2007,21:11)
    Hi M42,
    First we must define SIN according to scripture as I have done.
    All have sinned but Paul told us sin lived in him.
    God only judges SIN committed.

still not the question I asked. I ask to define the word “sin”. Not how you do it. Not the results of it. Not how you inherit it.
    What does the word mean.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    It has two meanings.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 08 2007,22:16)
    Hi m42,
    It has two meanings.

Still not the question he asked LOL! :D :laugh: :D :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    If you asked us to define LEAD would you be happy with a heavy metal?

Phoenix
    Participant

Well M42 is the clever one with the answers. Why dont you define it M42. Or is this another one of those “trick” questions where you already have a full A4 page of the answer that were wanting.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 09 2007,01:15)
    Well M42 is the clever one with the answers. Why dont you define it M42. Or is this another one of those “trick” questions where you already have a full A4 page of the answer that were wanting.

So many people spout off opinions without proof. I am demanding proof. You don't want to accept my definitions then show me the right ones.

Phoenix
    Participant

And what is the biblical definition of the word “sin”?

Your Answer is Here

Take note of the Sabbath one too.

Does sin automatically result in punishment?

Yes. On judgment day, God will judge us by His rules. If you accept Christ, you won't be held accountable for your sins, because Christ will have already paid the debt for you. And now we have a chance to choose Him or reject Him.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 541 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account