The Ten Commandments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    So the ten commandments kept is enough to please God?
    So Jesus did not need to come and teach us?

music4two
    Participant

Still want to know if anyone on here can tell me what “Keep” means, as in keep the commandments. While you are at it perhaps you can tell me what “break” the commandments means too.

A reasonable person would not assume the English words portray the exact menaing of the authors wanted to show.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi M42

I will hopefully help you with that. I know of a Rabbi who is a Hebrew and knows Ancient Hebrew. When I find out I will get back to you.

Hugs
    Phoenix

seekingtruth
    Participant

Exodus 34:28 “And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.”

Hebrews 8:13 By calling this covenant “new,” He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Exodus states that the Ten Commandments were the words of the “covenant” and Hebrews tells us that the first “covenant” is obsolete.

Reading the scripture on the Ten Commandments shows they were written to Israel and were in relation to the covenant for the promised land. Deuteronomy 5

The Ten Commandments
    1 Moses summoned all Israel and said:
         Hear, O Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them. 2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb. 3 It was not with our fathers that the LORD made this covenant, but with us, with all of us who are alive here today. 4 The LORD spoke to you face to face out of the fire on the mountain. 5 (At that time I stood between the LORD and you to declare to you the word of the LORD, because you were afraid of the fire and did not go up the mountain.) And he said:
    6 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

7 “You shall have no other gods before me.

8 “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

11 “You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

12 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor the alien within your gates, so that your manservant and maidservant may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

16 “Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

17 “You shall not murder.

18 “You shall not commit adultery.

19 “You shall not steal.

20 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

21 “You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

22 These are the commandments the LORD proclaimed in a loud voice to your whole assembly there on the mountain from out of the fire, the cloud and the deep darkness; and he added nothing more. Then he wrote them on two stone tablets and gave them to me.

23 When you heard the voice out of the darkness, while the mountain was ablaze with fire, all the leading men of your tribes and your elders came to me. 24 And you said, “The LORD our God has shown us his glory and his majesty, and we have heard his voice from the fire. Today we have seen that a man can live even if God speaks with him. 25 But now, why should we die? This great fire will consume us, and we will die if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any longer. 26 For what mortal man has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? 27 Go near and listen to all that the LORD our God says. Then tell us whatever the LORD our God tells you. We will listen and obey.”

28 The LORD heard you when you spoke to me and the LORD said to me, “I have heard what this people said to you. Everything they said was good. 29 Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever!

30 “Go, tell them to return to their tents. 31 But you stay here with me so that I may give you all the commands, decrees and laws you are to teach them to follow in the land I am giving them to possess.”

32 So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. 33 Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.

Deuteronomy 6:20 In the future, when your son asks you, “What is the meaning of the stipulations, decrees and laws the LORD our God has commanded you?” 21 tell him: “We were slaves of Pharaoh in Egypt, but the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand. 22 Before our eyes the LORD sent miraculous signs and wonders—great and terrible—upon Egypt and Pharaoh and his whole household. 23 But he brought us out from there to bring us in and give us the land that he promised on oath to our forefathers. 24 The LORD commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the LORD our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today. 25 And if we are careful to obey all this law before the LORD our God, as he has commanded us, that will be our righteousness.”

Ephesians 2:15
    by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace,

com·mand·ment (k?-mand?m?nt) noun

1.A command; an edict.
    2.One of the Ten Commandments.

How do you decide which “commandments” are abolished and which are not? Is not, Matthew 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”, a commandment?

Every reference to Ten Commandments Still In Effect In The New Covenant After The Cross would be covered by love and the items listed by Faith First as proof for Sabbath are either a statement while referring to a time period or reference to the still future Sabbath rest (the millenium).

I'm not saying I may not be wrong but it seems difficult to reconcile. Why did Jesus allow His disciples to violate the Sabbath? Why when they wrote the letter to the gentiles did they not say “ooh and by the way you must follow the Ten Commandments and they are….

Wm

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Seeking

He didnt violate it.. he made it spiritual. Do good on the Sabbath for I am Lord of the Sabbath.

Is that how the scripture went? I dont know Im guessing off the top of my head.

M42

Qal is to Keep… like .. to observe

Hiphil is to break or violate it.

Thats all the Rabbi told me

Hugs
    Phoenix

kenrch
    Participant

You ever wonder why people fight against the Seventh day forth commandment of God?

All understand we must not break any of the other nine, Right?

Truth is that you and I and almost everyone since the 3rd century were taught that Christ was raised on Sunday and so the Catholic church changed the Sabbath to the first day when Christ was resurrected.
    Another truth is that Jesus' tomb was found empty on the first day.
    Mat 28:1 Now late on the sabbath day, **as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre**.

Jesus' tomb found empty!

Mat 28:6 He is not here; for he is risen, even as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Jesus wasn't resurrected on the first day. There is no scriptural proof that He was.

So why did the Catholic church change the seventh day forth commandment to the first day?

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High; and he shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and half a time.

To fulfill scripture. The Catholic church changed the number of the commandment(from 4 to 3) and the time (from seventh to the firse day).

He was to wear out the saints for 3and 1/2 years or 1260 days or 1260 years.

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that there they may nourish her a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

All this a coincidence?

You and I have been brain washed to NOT keep the Sabbath By the lawless one.

2Th 2:8 And then shall be revealed the lawless one, whom the Lord Jesus shall slay with the breath of his mouth, and bring to nought by the manifestation of his coming;

2Th 2:9 even he, whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    2Th 2:10 and with all deceit of unrighteousness for them that perish;** because they received not the “love of the truth”, that they might be saved.**
    2Th 2:11 And for this cause God sendeth them a working of error, *that they should believe a lie*:

One could say all those people in the east keep the Sabbath. I don't know that but I know they don't have the testimony of Jesus as the remnant of the true church.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon waxed wroth with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, that *keep the commandments of God, and hold the testimony of Jesus**:

Are the remnants of the true church just Jews? Are the saints going through the tribulation just Jews. Rev 14:12

Did God get writers cramp so He gave Moses the rest of the Law to write. Did God forget to make the ark big enough for Moses' law to fit Inside the Ark instead On the side of the ark.(Deu. 10:1-5; 31:9 & 26)

Why did Peter say Paul's writings are hard to understand?

2Pe 3:15 And think of the long-suffering of our Lord as salvation (as our beloved brother Paul also has written to you according to the wisdom given to him
    2Pe 3:16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction).
    2Pe 3:17 Therefore, beloved, knowing beforehand, **beware lest being led away with the error of the lawless**, you fall from your own steadfastness.

Why did Paul who they say preach the Ten commandments done away by Christ. Say he was not under the law of Moses but was NOT WITHOUT the law to GOD*

1Co 9:20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law.
    1Co 9:21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

Sin IS sin and the man of sin knows this.

Jam 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is become guilty of all.
    Jam 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou dost not commit adultery, but killest, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

The lawless one knows that trangression of the Law is sin.

1Jo 3:4 Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Is it just the Jews that sin? NO it is anyone, Jew or Gentile Male or Female, Slave or Free (Gal3:28).

Know this you don't disagree with me but plain and simple scripture that goes against your way of life. And that's why people have a hard time with the forth commandment of God.

LAST TIME! YES LOVE FULFILLS THE LAW BECAUSE IF YOU LOVE GOD YOU WILL KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.

If you love your wife you do what pleases her. If you love God you do what pleases Him. And He said (and Jesus didn't say not to keep His Sabbath) keep His Sabbath. It's just a matter of choice.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.

IHN&L,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch
    You said
    Joh 14:15 If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.
    So which are these? Just the ten?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 06 2007,22:42)
    Hi Seeking

He didnt violate it.. he made it spiritual. Do good on the Sabbath for I am Lord of the Sabbath.

M42

Hugs
    Phoenix

Phoenix
    I've noticed a couple of times that you make reference to a scripture you're not sure of. You may be aware of it but just in case you can easily search the scripture at
    http://www.biblegateway.com/

Hope it helps

Wm

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Seeking

Yep I know that. But at the time I was about to reply to M42 I saw your post and was in a hurry.

Hugs
    Phoenix

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 07 2007,04:11)
    Hi kenrch
    You said
    Joh 14:15  If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods. Does that mean just the guy who lives next store to you?

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Was this because the Pharisees preached the law. No Jesus expects us to keep the law spiritual.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Howbeit, I had not known sin, except through the law: for I had not known coveting, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet:
    Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Ten Commandments is like a tree trunk with many branches.

Jesus gave examples in Matthew 5 the same chapter that He said the law would not change till heaven an earth are passed away.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said to them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
    Mat 5:22 but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

Did Jesus change the law?
    No he magnified it made it spiritual.
    Isa 42:21 It pleased Jehovah, for his righteousness' sake, to magnify the law, and make it honorable.

Is covet not thy neighbor's goods just for Jews?

1) no false gods. Is that just for a Jew
    2) name in vain. Is that just for Jews
    3) gravin image Is that only for Jews
    4) Sabbath day Is this day only for Jews
    5) Honor parents Is this only for Jews
    6) murder (kill) Is this only for Jews
    7) adultery Is this only for Jews
    8) steal Is this only for Jews
    9) lie Is this only for Jews
    10) lust after goods IS THIS FOR JEWS ONLY

Why is number four so difficult? Is it because Jesus showed how to keep this law spiritual.

The apostles were hungery so on the Sabbath they picked corn to eat. The Pharsees said they were breaking the Sabbath. Matt 12

No doubt to the Pharisees lusting after a woman WOULD NOT be breaking the law. But spiritually it would.

The Sabbath day the forth Commandment the law that Jeaus said would not be done away with till heaven and earth are PASSED AWAY.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 07 2007,04:11)
    Hi kenrch
    You said
    Joh 14:15  If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods. Does that mean just the guy who lives next store to you?

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Was this because the Pharisees preached the law. No Jesus expects us to keep the law “spiritual”.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Howbeit, I had not known sin, except through the law: for I had not known coveting, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet:
    Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Ten Commandments is like a tree trunk with many branches.

Jesus gave examples in Matthew 5 the same chapter that He said the law would not change till heaven an earth are passed away.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said to them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
    Mat 5:22 but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

Did Jesus change the law?
    No he magnified it made it spiritual.
    Isa 42:21 It pleased Jehovah, for his righteousness' sake, to magnify the law, and make it honorable.

Is covet not thy neighbor's goods just for Jews?

1) no false gods. Is that just for a Jew
    2) name in vain. Is that just for Jews
    3) gravin image Is that only for Jews
    4) Sabbath day Is this day only for Jews
    5) Honor parents Is this only for Jews
    6) murder (kill) Is this only for Jews
    7) adultery Is this only for Jews
    8) steal Is this only for Jews
    9) lie Is this only for Jews
    10) lust after goods IS THIS FOR JEWS ONLY

Why is number four so difficult? Is it because Jesus showed how to keep this law spiritual.

The apostles were hungery so on the Sabbath they picked corn to eat. The Pharsees said they were breaking the Sabbath. Matt 12

No doubt to the Pharisees lusting after a woman WOULD NOT be breaking the law. But spiritually it would.

The Sabbath day the forth Commandment the law that Jeaus said would not be done away with till heaven and earth are PASSED AWAY. Has the Sabbath day been done away with; or made spiritual like the other nine?
    The Sabbath was made for man to rest from their daily routine and worship God all the day. Does that mean spend the day on your knees? No it means fellowship with your Father in heaven. Our minds are un-capable of fellowshipping with God all day. Because we have broken the forth Commandment all our lives. The GOOD NEWS is we can repent and begin to spend time with the Father on His day.

You cannot keep the Sabbath one whole day muchless everyday all day. As we keep the Sabbath day our minds will drift. But the more we fellowship with God each Sabbath the more our mind will over come the flesh and the longer we can fellowship with God.

If you were Satan would you like the Sabbath day?
    Why does Satan pick on the forth commandment? Because when you keep the Sabbath you are saying you have chose Jehovah.
    You really can't believe that I'm saying you can't fellowship with God everyday. I fellowship with my Father everyday BUT not ALL day like I try on His day. What would be wrong in staying in His presents all day on the day He said too. Instead of ANYother day which he said was for work.

What you guys do on Saturday I do on Sunday. I keep the day God said too. You keep the day the POPE said to. Then you don't even do that correctly. Don't you know that when the Pope changed the day he tried to keep it as the real Sabbath. NO work, NO football, No mowing the lawn. Do you keep Sunday as you would the Sabbath. If you are honest then the answer is no. Most after just one hour or so of “church” the TV goes on. Sorry that's not keeping any day holy unto the Lord.

Keep the Sabbath as Jesus' example not the Pharisees.
    Keep all the Commandments as Jesus gave example in Matthew chapter 5.

IHN&L'

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Mat 5:20  For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Is this how those in Christ are saved?

Jn 10
    1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Jn 3
    5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Or is Jesus closing the door to salvation by works?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 07 2007,19:09)
    Hi kenrch,
    Mat 5:20  For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Is this how those in Christ are saved?

Jn 10
    1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Jn 3
    5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Or is Jesus closing the door to salvation by works?

Why are you trying to change the subject Nick?

I don't remember If I stated that keeping the Law won't save us. Didn't think I had too. I thought you knew that.

You cannot be saved by works if you could I know some atheist who will be in heaven LOL!

Grabbing real low in your bag aren't you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Searching for truth, not defending a dogma.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 07 2007,03:42)
    Hi Seeking

M42

Hugs
    Phoenix

I find it curious that you went to a Hebrew scholar outside of the bible to get the meanings of these hebrew words.
    Was it not you that said and I quote
    “Im sorry Youre not listening to me. I said Let the Bible interpret itself. Why would I waste my time reading what other people write. We are in the End Times NOW why am I going to waste time reading something outside the Bible. All the Answers are in the Bible. Not in some history book. I cant understand why people bring in all these other people whose names are NOT even in the bible and claim… that we should acknowledge them. NO! “

This was in response to me quoting a different Hebrew scholar. Am I supposed to acknoledge your Rabbi friend? If I operate under the same criteria as you I would have to reject him outright. I am interested in seeing you and others on this board have a clear understanding of God’s heart in His commandments.

I’m sorry to say your Rabbi friend is wrong. Rather then reject Him I will simply point out that he is wrong based on scholarship and not on preference.

The Greek word for Break is bebelos and means to permit to be trodden upon. It can be found in Matthew 12:5  “Or have you not read in the law, that on the Sabbath, the priest in the Temple break the Sabbath, and are innocent.
    (This interpretation is by Strong and is in complete agreement with Jeff Benner whom I suggested as an expert)

The Greek word for Keep is tereo which means to guard and protect. It can be found in Matthew 19:17  ”And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” (This interpretation is by Strong and is in complete agreement with Jeff Benner whom you rejected)

The Ancient hebrew word for Keep is shamar. The word shamar means to guard and protect and can be seen in the Aaronic blessing, May Yahweh bless you and keep (guard and protect) you.
    One keeps the commands of God by guarding and protecting them.
    (This interpretation is by Strong and is in complete agreement with Jeff Benner whom you rejected)
    The word for break is parar. While the word keep, as in “keep the commands of God” does not mean obedience but guarding and protecting, the meaning of “break the commands of God” does not mean disobedience. The Hebrew word parar, translated as break, is the treading of grain on the threshing floor by oxen to open up the hulls to remove the seeds. To the Ancient Hebrews, breaking the commands of God was equated with throwing it on the ground and trampling on it. In both cases, keeping and breaking are related to ones attitude toward the commands.
    (This interpretation is by Strong and is in complete agreement with Jeff Benner whom you rejected)
    A child who disobeys his parents and is genuinely apologetic shows honor and respect to his parents. But a child who willfully disobeys with no sign of remorse has trampled on his parents teachings and deserves punishment. So it is with the teachings of God for man.

The entire concept of keeping and breaking the commandments is one of attitude. Attitude is, of course, a matter of character development. One developes Godly character by having relationship with Jesus. This is why Jesus said “If you love me (develope character through relationship) then you will keep the commandments. “Keeping” the commandments is a product of relationship not will.  No one can fully “keep” the commandments through their will. One can, however, have an attitude within yourself that honors God and His teachings.

Many of those who insist on obediance do not understand God’s desire to teach and develope His people. They do not understand His desire to build character liken His in His people. They have little vulnerability to God or their brethren and simply do not understand God’s heart. A strick adhearance based on legality and punishment leaves no room to teach or to develope. These legalist are not interested in seeing people grow in character, but are only interested in voicing their superior judgements.

For too many it is easier, of course, to just judge people on the basis of obediance. Judgement via obediance requires no personal involvement. It does not require knowing the person or being involved in his life to know his heart. It requires no discernment from God that reveals a person’s heart. This is not the way a loving father teaches and nurtures His children.

Phoenix
    Participant

Woah M42

You asked for the Hebrew meaning so I thought I would ask a Rabbi if he could answer it. So I let that be known to you.

Now why did you ask for in your post?

Still want to know if anyone on here can tell me what “Keep” means, as in keep the commandments. While you are at it perhaps you can tell me what “break” the commandments means too.

A reasonable person would not assume the English words portray the exact menaing of the authors wanted to show.

Edited by music4two on Mar. 06 2007,23:37

ahhh i see you have edited because I know you asked for the Hebrew meaning. Well hows that for ya.

Yes I did say that “let the bible interpret the bible”. But I went elsewhere because I thought you were asking a question with honesty… I never clicked that youd be a dork and only asked with sarcasm and wanted to act like a “know it all” and not give credit to the true authors!!

Fine… but I would rather believe a Rabbi who is a Hebrew and was raised as a Jew and is in Judaism… more than someone who works at a nuclear plant, doesnt even go to Jewish school and isnt even a Rabbi. You rejected Strongs concordance yourself, so what are you on about?

You speak of Attitude? Look at your own. Someone who re-edits their old posts to twist things around. hmm??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    Hi m42,
    You say
    “One developes Godly character by having relationship with Jesus. This is why Jesus said “If you love me (develope character through relationship) then you will keep the commandments. “

Did Jesus become like his father by associating with Him?
    Do we become like Jesus by just associating with him?

Jn 6
    66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Association did not change them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Context.
    Jn 5.23
    “23Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.”

Which covenant has altars that men bring gifts to?

You have the choice of perfection by striving under the OT Law-impossible-or the sabbath rest in Christ.

Heb 4
    ” 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Ps 46
    ” 10Be still, and know that I am God:”
    Let God make it easy for you to fulfill all His requirements.

Faith First
    Participant

Nick Hassen

LAST TIME!  YES LOVE FULFILLS THE LAW BECAUSE IF YOU LOVE GOD YOU WILL KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.

Here are His Commandments. If you love Him, then keep them.

Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    Exo 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    Exo 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Exo 20:6  And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
    Exo 20:7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
    Exo 20:8  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Exo 20:9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    Exo 20:11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
    Exo 20:12  Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
    Exo 20:13  Thou shalt not kill.
    Exo 20:14  Thou shalt not commit adultery.
    Exo 20:15  Thou shalt not steal.
    Exo 20:16  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
    Exo 20:17  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Pro 28:9  He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Rom 2:13  (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 541 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account