The Ten Commandments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    Faith First
    Participant

Nick Hassen

Hi kenrch,
    When you meet Jesus will explaining how carefully you obeyed the ten commandments carry any weight?
    Did Jesus ever specify that we should obey the ten commandments?
    If he did not why do you abuse us?
    We follow him.

Are you blind Nick? Jesus did say to obey the Ten Commandments.
    No you do not follow Him.

Mat 19:16  And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    Mat 19:18  He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    Mat 19:19  Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Why do you refuse to see Nick? Do you love the truth or do you just want a pat on the head by the HeavenNet board.

Jesus said
    Joh 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1Jo 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ff,
    So counting the commandments? Six?

Faith First
    Participant

So Nick. Do you believe the “Six Commandments?
    Tit 3:10  A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    A jewish man asks about INHERITING Eternal life and is reminded about the Jewish Commandments.

Is that your hope of salvation?

You are not Jewish and cannot INHERIT it

Read on and you will hear Jesus speaking of the way of salvation of all men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    The older brother of the prodigal son inherits.

Lk 15
    29And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:

30But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

31And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

You and I came from the pigsty.

Faith First
    Participant

Don't be dishonest Nick. Jesus is clearly equating eternal life with obedience to the decalogue. Jesus is not a liar. The Ten commandments are for all mankind. They are included in the New Covenant.

Mat 19:16  And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    Mat 19:18  He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    Mat 19:19  Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Here Jesus is clearly pointing to the decalogue.

Luke was the only Gentile writer in the New Testament. He traveled with Paul and wrote,

“Act 16:13  And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made;” . It was the Creation Sabbath. Both Luke and Paul knew it.

Your weak argument that the Ten Commandments are only for Jews has no scriptural proof.

Jesus taught them, and His disciples taught them after His death and ressurection, and they were part of the New Covenant in which the Gentiles were included.

All Ten Commandments Still In Effect In The New Covenant After The Cross

1.     1Corinthians 10:14     Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
                                              See also 1 Cor 6:9, Acts 17:16&23,  
                                              Romans 2:22&23, 1John 5:21

2.     Acts 17:29                  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought
                                              not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone,
                                              graven by art and man's device. See also 1 Cor 12:2

3.     James 5:12                  But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by
                                               heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath…..
                                               lest ye fall into condemnation.  
    4.     Luke 23:56                  And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and
                                               rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.  
           Hebrews 4 4&9           For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this
                                               wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
                                               There remaineth therefore a (keeping of a sabbath-see margin) rest
                                                to the people of God.
          Acts 17:2                      And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three
                                                sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
          Acts 13:42&44              And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the
                                                Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the
                                                next sabbath. And the next sabbath day came almost the
                                                whole city together to hear the word of God.  
          Isaiha 66:22-23             For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will
                                make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your
                                seed and your name remain.  
              And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to
            another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to
                                                worship before me, saith the LORD.
                                                See also Acts 16:13

5.     Ephesians 6:1-2           Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour
            thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;  
            See also Romans 1:30

6.     James 2:11                   For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
           Romans 13:9                Thou shalt not kill,…
                                                See also Romans1:29

7.     1 Thessalonians 4:3     For this is the will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye
                                                should abstain from fornication:
           James 2:11                   For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
                                                See also 1Cor 6:9, Romans 2:22, Romans 1:29, Romans 13:9

8.     Romans 13:9                Thou shalt not steal…
           1 Thessalonians 4:6      That no [man] go beyond and defraud his brother in [any] matter:
                                     See also 1Cor 6:10

9.     Colossians 3:9               Lie not one to another
           Romans 13:9          Thou shalt not bear false witness

10.    Romans 13:9                Thou shalt not covet;    
                                                 See also 1 Cor 6:10, Romans 1:29            

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Faith First @ Mar. 06 2007,07:41)
    Luke was the only Gentile writer in the New Testament. He traveled with Paul and wrote,

“Act 16:13  And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made;” . It was the Creation Sabbath. Both Luke and Paul knew it.

Very interesting point Faith First. Thanks for bringing it to my attention…

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    Good luck on the Jewish way.
    It is safer to be in Christ and not relying on our works.
    One thing is plain from the conversation with the rich young man-it is one way or the other.

kenrch
    Participant

seekingtruth,

“I believe that I as a gentile am not obligated to follow the Law of this covenant.  15What does all this mean? Does it mean we are free to sin, because we are ruled by God's wonderful kindness and not by the Law? Certainly not! 16Don't you know that you are slaves of anyone you obey? You can be slaves of sin and die, or you can be obedient slaves of God and be acceptable to him”.

You do not have to keep the commandments of God?

Rom 11:16  And if the firstfruit is holy, so is the lump: and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
    Rom 11:17  But if some of the branches were broken off, and thou, being a wild olive, wast grafted in among them, and didst become partaker with them of the root of the fatness of the olive tree;
    **Rom 11:18  glory not over the branches: but if thou gloriest, it is not thou that bearest the root, but the root thee.
    Rom 11:19  Thou wilt say then, Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
    **Rom 11:20  Well; BY THEIR UNBELIEF THEY WERE BROKEN OFF, and thou standest by thy faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
    Rom 11:21  for if God spared not the natural branches, neither will he spare thee.

Unbelief in what the Ten Commandments?  No the unbelief that the law of Moses was fulfilled by Christ.

Rom 4:12  and the father of circumcision to them who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham which he had in uncircumcision.
    Rom 4:13  For not through the law was the promise to Abraham or to his seed that he should be heir of the world, but through the righteousness of faith.
    Rom 4:14  For if they that are of the law are heirs, faith is made void, and the promise is made of none effect:
    Rom 4:15  for the law worketh wrath; but where there is no law, neither is there transgression.
    Rom 4:16  For this cause it is of faith, that it may be according to grace; to the end that the promise may be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

Rom 4:24  but for our sake also, unto whom it shall be reckoned, who believe on him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,
    Rom 4:25  who was delivered up for our trespasses, and was raised for our justification.

We are spiritual Jews.  The Ten Commandments was made spiritual by Jesus.

Mat 5:21  Ye have heard that it was said to them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
    Mat 5:22  but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

If you are not a spiritual Jew then you may as well throw the bible away because it does not apply to you.

Are the brances more holy than the roots?

I have shown that ALL the Ten commandments are in the NEW TESTAMENT.

The choice is yours I've done what I could according to scripture.  Oh it's hard to go against what you have been taught all your life.  But is the Bible (the truth) going to change you or are you going to try and change the bible.

Well my Father wants me to keep His day the seventh day and not the day of the lawless man AGAIN DAN. 7:25.

The choice is clear!  Which will you keep?

It's just that simple folks.  This is far more important than the Trinity.

IHL,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    If we obey just the ten commandments have we done enough?
    What about the teachings and commands of God's Son?
    Should we ignore them as “spiritual Jews?”

In Christ there is no longer jews and gentiles.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Again Ken is not saying Obey JUST the commandments. We are not saying keep one or the other. But both.. the Commandments AND Faith in Jesus Christ.

It was stated in Revelations 14 I think. I cant remember off the top of my head.

I dont understand… why do you think that we think salvation is only in the Ten Commandments. Its not true

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    It is another false gospel that is very popular.
    Obey the ten commandments and you will be saved.
    It is about as true as father christmas.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Well that isnt what WE, or at least Me, are saying. Nor is Doug saying that either because I can prove that he says we are not Saved by Just obeying the Ten Commandments. So SDA wouldnt be the ones preaching that Gospel.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    I agree.
    Join the kingdom then deal with the rest according to the leading of the Spirit.
    Don't waste your life arguing small stuff but love love love.

Faith First
    Participant

Phoenix

Hi Nick

Again Ken is not saying Obey JUST the commandments. We are not saying keep one or the other. But both.. the Commandments AND Faith in Jesus Christ.

It was stated in Revelations 14 I think. I cant remember off the top of my head.

I dont understand… why do you think that we think salvation is only in the Ten Commandments. Its not true

Here is that verse from Revelation referring to God's people.

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    The commandments of God include those He spoke through His Son.

Faith First
    Participant

We are not saved by good works we are saved for good works. Salvation is a free gift given on condition that we agree to obey God. It is given freely when come to God in faith repenting of our sins. Let us not lose this free gift.

Said the apostle Paul

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans6:12-16 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in . the lusts thereof
    Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to
    whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
    Romans 6:22-23 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto
    holiness, and the end everlasting life.
    For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Lucifer was put into heaven, not because he did good works, but he was thrown out because of his sins.

Adam was put into the garden of Eden, not because he did good works, but he was evicted because of his disobedience.

The first words of John the Baptist when he began his ministry were “Repent for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand”.

Christ began His ministry with the message to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    I agree.
    We are set free from the god of this world and given light that it may come to live and rule in us making us useful vessels as Christ was for the works of God among men.

Faith First
    Participant

Hi FF,
    The commandments of God include those He spoke through His Son.

The decalogue commandments were spoken through His Son.

kenrch
    Participant

Why are the Ten commandments all through out the New Testament.

The Law is just for Jews.

Jesus made the law spiritual just for Jews?

If you look upon a woman with lust you have commited adultery. Wow! Gentiles never do that? :D :laugh: :) :;):

People use common sense. Nick can't help himself. He will take you down.

If you love someone you please them. If you love Jesus Keep His Commandments. Oh that's right Jesus' commandments are not His Father's commandments But they are one. Who gave the Commandments?

I asked for Jesus' commandments and Nick gave love. Well no kidding! That's what the Ten commandments are about LOVE!

1Jo 2:3 And hereby we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments abideth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he gave us.

Did Jesus give us the Commandments of Jesus? Or of God the Father?

Joh 5:19 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father doing: for what things soever he doeth, these the Son also doeth in like manner.

Joh 5:30 I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is righteous; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Joh 8:28 Jesus therefore said, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself, but as the Father taught me, **I speak these things**.

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments.

Are these Jesus' commandments?

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    Mat 19:19 Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Well where is the Sabbath? Well where is murder, idolatry.

Lets look at love your neighbor as yourself. Some has said that this commandment fulfills the Ten commandments. Well if you love your neighbor are you going to commit adultry with your neighbor, steal from your neighbor, Lie to your neighbor.
    Why did Jesus include these other commandments.

This is the only Commandment that mentions neighbor:

Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.

How does this last Commandment fulfill have no false God's before me. And believe me that commandment is broken everyday by Christians who love their material things more than God. Who love sports more than God. Who keep the first day instead of the seventh day that He Commandment. The Good News is that you can repent. By keeping the Harlet's day you are worshiping the Harlet. By keeping God's day you are worshiping God. And if you say that everyday is the Sabbath then you are calling God a liar.

Faith without works is DEAD!

MGHY,

Ken

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 541 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account