The Ten Commandments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love,
    just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love

Looks like two sets here?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2007,00:49)
    Hi kenrch,
    If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love,
    just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love

You mean you believe their are two sets of Law! Moses' law and God's law, right? 🙂

Nick Jesus was Jewish and kept the Passover and all the feasts days. When He was crusified he fulfilled that law don't you agree?

Did Jesus fulfill the Ten commandments well He made them spiritual but in the same chapter (Matthew 5) He says that the Ten Commandments will not be done away with until Heaven and earth pass away.

Nick you break the Law of God and keep the doctrine of the Harlot and her daughters.

Nick all those scriptures are wrong and you are right?

This maybe funny but I pray that you are deceived, until you come to the truth.

IHN,

Kenrch

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    In case you missed it-the verse of the day.
    “If you keep MY commandments, you will abide in my love,
    just as I have kept MY FATHER'S commandments and abide in his love”

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2007,01:11)
    Hi kenrch,
    In case you missed it-the verse of the day.
    “If you keep MY commandments, you will abide in my love,

Why is your verse of the day in this thread :) ?

Any way read Nick.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2007,00:42)
    Hi kenrch,
    Shoot at her as much as you like.
    She is no friend of mine and neither is OT legalism.
    But do not shoot at your brother as you may be shooting at your own foot.

You know what I find curious Nick? there are those who accuse others of being part of the Harlot Church and yet they constantly throw out scripture like so many Hail Marys without understanding the words of those verses. They might as well post 50 Hail Marys. Without having honest understanding (not just there own opinion) of what the verses mean they are just vain repetitions.

Another curious point is that they seem to want to pin some demonic influince on everyone else. Curious more is that Satan is called the accuser of the brethren. Sound familur?

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,21:52)
    Hi m42,
    It is the work of God to build up a relationship with us who are in His Son, infilling us with grace to make us into Christ as the inner man.

If all is grace and we do not play an active role in or relationship then why does it say this —–

Revelation 19:7
    Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

Jude 1
     20But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.

Matthew 6:20
    “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;

1 Timothy 5:22
    Do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others; keep yourself free from sin.

All of these depict our active perticipation in the making us into the Bride of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    Do we have anything useful to offer the work of God except discovering and being submitted to His will and letting him work through our vessel? We have this treasure in earthen vessels and Christ too was a submitted vessel.

We may put on the brakes and try to assist with steering but God is the driver.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch
    You say
    “You mean you believe their are two sets of Law!  Moses' law and God's law, right? :-)'
    in response to being shown what Jesus said
    “”If you keep MY commandments, you will abide in my love,

There are
    the commandments of God
    and
    the commandments of the SON of God.

We wait for you to grasp this fact.

Participant

Hi Nick:

Question. Do you sin, and if so, how do you know that you have sinned?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes.
    Renewed conscience.
    Isaiah 30:21
    And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2007,02:04)
    Hi kenrch
    You say
    “You mean you believe their are two sets of Law!  Moses' law and God's law, right? :-)'
    in response to being shown what Jesus said

There are
    the commandments of God
    and
    the commandments of the SON of God.

We wait for you to grasp this fact.

What were Jesus' commandments Nick? Besides LOVE?

I did give scripture that say if you love then you keep the commandments.
    I did give scripture that said if you have the Spirit you keep the Commandments.
    I did give scripture that if you say you know Jesus and don't keep the commandments you are a liar.
    I did give scripture showing the separation of the law in both old testament and new testament.
    If you wany more I suggest you go back and re-read everything in fact I would appreciate if you would go back and read everything again.

You still after all those plain simple scriptures try to twist scripture to say what YOU believe. It's that same old problem you have Nick.

You base you doctrine on Paul's writings thinking that Paul said the law was done away with. But as the scripture I gave said GOD FORBID!

2Pe 3:15 Interpret our Master's patient restraint for what it is: salvation. Our good brother Paul, who was given much wisdom in these matters,
    2Pe 3:16 *refers to this “in all his letters”, and has written you essentially the same thing*. Some things Paul writes are difficult to understand. Irresponsible people who don't know what they are talking about “twist” them every which way. They do it to the rest of the Scriptures, too, destroying themselves as they do it.
    2Pe 3:17 But you, friends, are well-warned. Be on guard lest you lose your footing and get swept off your feet by **these “lawless” and loose-talking teachers**.

Now did you get that Nick? Lawless, loose talking teachers.

IHN,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    WAKE UP
    Jn 15

You keep saying THE commandments but ignore the scripture I showed you about the Father and the Son having commandments.

Please discern between the two because they are not the same.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2007,02:18)
    Hi,
    Yes.
    Renewed conscience.
    Isaiah 30:21
    And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Yes, Nick:

Please tell me how it is that you have a renewed conscience?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94
    Repentance and Baptism.
    1Peter 3
    21Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you–not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience–through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2007,03:41)
    Hi 94
    Repentance and Baptism.
    1Peter 3
    21Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you–not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience–through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Yes Nick:

Now, your past sins have all been forgiven.  You are now a Christian, Now what?  See my post in the thread of conscience.

God Bless

Faith First
    Participant

Nick Hassen

Hi kenrch,
    WAKE UP
    Jn 15

IT'S TIME THAT YOU WOKE UP NICK!

If you were the great theologian that you make yourself out to be on this forum, you would know that the commandment to love was written in the Old Testament and part of the Old Covenant.

LOOK!

Deu 6:5  And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    Deu 6:6  And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Lev 19:18  Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

These two love principals lay alongside and at the very heart of the Ten Commandments in the Old Testament, and lie alongside and at the heart of the Ten Commandments in the New Testament.

Jesus described them as a new commandment, because it was new to the Jews who became entrenched in legalism and had forgotten that God's Law was a law of love.

The first four commandments when kept show man's love for God.

Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    Exo 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Exo 20:6  And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exo 20:7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Exo 20:8  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Exo 20:9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    Exo 20:11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The last six Commandments when kept demonstrate man's love for his fellow man.

Exo 20:12  Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Exo 20:13  Thou shalt not kill.

Exo 20:14  Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Exo 20:15  Thou shalt not steal.

Exo 20:16  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Exo 20:17  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Nick. If you are knowingly breaking any of the Ten Commandments then you do not love God or your fellow man, because if you break one, you break all.

Jam 2:10  For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Jam 2:11  For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 05 2007,03:56)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2007,03:41)
    Hi 94
    Repentance and Baptism.
    1Peter 3

Yes Nick:

Now, your past sins have all been forgiven.  You are now a Christian, Now what?  See my post in the thread of conscience.

God Bless

Hi 94,
    Wash your “feet” from the dust of earth every day [Jn 13].
    Let the Spirit convict and seek the advocates help[1Jn 1]
    Forgive and you get forgiven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Faith First @ Mar. 05 2007,04:22)
    Nick Hassen

Hi kenrch,
    WAKE UP
    Jn 15

IT'S TIME THAT YOU WOKE UP NICK!

If you were the great theologian that you make yourself out to be on this forum, you would know that the commandment to love was written in the Old Testament and part of the Old Covenant.

LOOK!

Deu 6:5  And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    Deu 6:6  And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Lev 19:18  Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

These two love principals lay alongside and at the very heart of the Ten Commandments in the Old Testament, and lie alongside and at the heart of the Ten Commandments in the New Testament.

Jesus described them as a new commandment, because it was new to the Jews who became entrenched in legalism and had forgotten that God's Law was a law of love.

The first four commandments when kept show man's love for God.

Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    Exo 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    Exo 20:6  And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exo 20:7  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Exo 20:8  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Exo 20:9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    Exo 20:11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The last six Commandments when kept demonstrate man's love for his fellow man.

Exo 20:12  Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Exo 20:13  Thou shalt not kill.

Exo 20:14  Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Exo 20:15  Thou shalt not steal.

Exo 20:16  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Exo 20:17  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Nick. If you are knowingly breaking any of the Ten Commandments then you do not love God or your fellow man, because if you break one, you break all.

Jam 2:10  For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Jam 2:11  For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Hi FF,
    We do not look behind at old ways that were not given to us in the hope that observing them will make us righteous. We walk in the sanctifying light of the Spirit of Christ.

Phil 3
    12Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

13Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Faith First
    Participant

Nick Hassen

We walk in the sanctifying light of the Spirit of Christ.

Act 5:32  And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the HOLY GHOST, WHOM GOD HATH GIVEN TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    Indeed you must obey God and his commandment is that we listen to and obey His Son.
    His son has spoken commands to us we must obey by the help of the Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 541 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account