The Ten Commandments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 541 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,18:42)
    Hi kenrch,
    When God gave even the ten commandments to the jews He elaborated the meanings for them, but men narrow down the teaching to ten simple lines ignoring what God gave them. Fascination with those ten lines causes men to continue to ignore the larger wider meanings of the whole and expanded internalised commandments of God to their detriment.

There is no longer jew nor gentile in Christ.

Is this the doctrine that your spirit gives you?

Give me scripture.

You don't have any of God's word to back up your doctrine. NONE!

You are teaching that God's law has changed has been done away with, is only for Jews.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever (should we put your name there Nick?)therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I H N

kenrch

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Thank you for your judgements.
    They aptly demonstrate the reason why legalism is discouraged by Paul.
    Legalism leads to harsh judgementalism despite warnings it can bring the attention of God onto one's own deficiencies. If you judge another by the Law you had better be sure you are obeying them all yourself…. to God's standards.
    And you forget another of the new laws of love.
    Do not judge.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,19:33)
    Hi kenrch,
    Thank you for your judgements.
    They aptly demonstrate the reason why legalism is discouraged by Paul.
    Legalism leads to harsh judgementalism despite warnings it can bring the attention of God onto one's own deficiencies. If you judge another by the Law you had better be sure you are obeying them all yourself…. to God's standards.
    And you forget another of the new laws of love.
    Do not judge.

Nick I told you I'm not correcting anyone nor am I judging anyone scriptures are.  Can you say the same?  If so then give me the scriptures.

Your spirit lines up with the word; then you should have scripture.

IHN,

kenrch

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Col 3
    10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,19:51)
    Hi kenrch,
    Col 3
    10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Well I'm glad you see that we are ALL ONE in Jesus. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

amen

music4two
    Participant

Nick,
    I fear you are wasting your time with those that have no desire to see beyond the English translations of scripture or learn anything new. You are also wasting your time with those who think so poorly of humanity. This is shown by the attitude they hold toward legalism.
    Everyone is throwing around scripture talking about keeping and breaking the commandments, yet none want to define what those words mean from the Hebrew language. Sp caught up in their western phylosophical thinking that the ignor the original languages in which the scriptures were written.
    Allow me to post the meaning of these two words for you Nick. I doubt some others are open enough to see this truth.

Keep (shamar)

Many times I have heard it said that no one can keep all of the commands but, this is not true. From an Hebraic perspective of the word shamar behind the English word keep, it is possible to keep all of the commands. The problem lies in our understanding of keep as meaning obedience, but this is not the meaning of shamar. It should first be recognized that not all of the commands of the torah are for all people. Some are only for the priests, some are only for men and some are only for women. Some are only for children and some are for leaders. But, it should also be understood that even if a command is not for you, you can still keep it. The original picture painted by the Hebrew word shamar is a sheepfold. When a shepherd was out in the wilderness with his flock, he would gather thorn bushes to erect a corral to place his flock in at night. The thorns would deter predators and thereby protect and guard the sheep from harm. The word shamiyr derived from this root means a thorn. The word shamar means to guard and protect and can be seen in the Aaronic blessing, May Yahweh bless you and keep (guard and protect) you. One keeps the commands of God by guarding and protecting them.

Break (parar)

While the word keep, as in “keep the commands of God” does not mean obedience but guarding and protecting, the meaning of “break the commands of God” does not mean disobedience. The Hebrew word parar, translated as break, is the treading of grain on the threshing floor by oxen to open up the hulls to remove the seeds. To the Ancient Hebrews, breaking the commands of God was equated with throwing it on the ground and trampling on it. In both cases, keeping and breaking are related to ones attitude toward the commands. A child who disobeys his parents and is genuinely apologetic shows honor and respect to his parents. But a child who willfully disobeys with no sign of remorse has trampled on his parents teachings and deserves punishment.

As I have posted before, many today take on the role of the pharasees. So caught up in the rules that they miss the greater goal of mercy and justice. All commandments are subject to the mercy and desire to teach which motivates God. We honor, respect, guard and protect the commandments. We build relationship with God and one of the wonderfull side effects is a changed character that “eventually” helps us to walk according to wisdom and understanding of God’s heart. The law pointed out our need for grace. Our need for relationship with the redeemer of our souls. Our need for a changed character. the more we come into relationship with Christ, the more our character is changed to have the abibily to live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Not just the ones written in the law but those that He speaks to us personaly.

Galatians 3
     23But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

24Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

26For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    It is the work of God to build up a relationship with us who are in His Son, infilling us with grace to make us into Christ as the inner man.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,20:40)
    amen

We are all neither Jew nor Greek[Gentile]Male, Female, free, slave. The Ten Commandments are for ALL.

Gal 3:28 There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one man in Christ Jesus.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Is this the shortlist or all the commandments?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,21:52)
    Hi m42,
    It is the work of God to build up a relationship with us who are in His Son, infilling us with grace to make us into Christ as the inner man.

“…make us into Christ as the inner man.”

True very true! :)

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Does God give us grace to sin?

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in privily, even they who were of old written of beforehand unto this condemnation, ungodly men, **turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness**, and denying our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Neither does the Pope nor demons deny Christ.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,22:54)
    Hi kenrch,
    Is this the shortlist or all the commandments?

This helps your cause Nick :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Understand the law of love, then reflect on the OT law.

New wine in new wineskins.
    But folks prefer old wine.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,23:03)
    Hi kenrch,
    Understand the law of love, then reflect on the OT law.

New wine in new wineskins.
    But folks prefer old wine.

Nick it is you who are teaching not to please the one you claim to love.

1Jo 5:2 Hereby we know that we love the children of God, **when we love God and do his commandments**.

IHN,

kenrch

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Did you not know the law of the Spirit makes us obey God's ways. The new wine is better for us than the old. The new leaven is better for us than the old too.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick.

The Ark is in Heaven (unless some clever archaeologist finds it). The Commandments still stand today.

Hugs
    Phoenix

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2007,23:29)
    Hi kenrch,
    Did you not know the law of the Spirit makes us obey God's ways. The new wine is better for us than the old. The new leaven is better for us than the old too.

Nick did you know that the Ten commandments were made spiritual by Jesus. And that there is no where in scripture that says the ten has been done away with. AND that Jesus said that who teaches that the least of the law was changed that person would be the least in the Kingdom of Heaven.
    Of course those who say that they will still be in heaven maybe the least but I'll make it. Not if you know the truth. You will be held accountable for what you know. ALL scripture says to Keep the Commandments of God. Are you deceived and don't know?

I worship God everyday but not all day do you? Do you worship God ALL day? I'm worshiping God right now but not with my WHOLE mind not with EVERYTHING that I am. If I were I wouldn't be able to type.

Have you ever worshiped God this way? Love the Lord thy God with ALL your mind and heart and soul. Or are you like the First day heathens who go to church for a hour on Sunday then “do their thing”?

Mat 22:37 And he said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

IHN,

kenrch

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Put your gun away soldier. We fight on the same side.
    You think learn something and then you insist we all follow you.
    We already have someone to follow.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2007,00:07)
    Hi kenrch,
    Put your gun away soldier. We fight on the same side.
    You think learn something and then you insist we all follow you.
    We already have someone to follow.

You mean surrender to the Mother of Harlets NEVER! This is way too important I'm sorry you don't think so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Shoot at her as much as you like.
    She is no friend of mine and neither is OT legalism.
    But do not shoot at your brother as you may be shooting at your own foot.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 541 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account