The strangest thing of all

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2012,12:34)

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,09:56)

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2012,09:26)

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,08:54)

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2012,08:32)
    The only reason why I am pointing any of this out is you seem to want to use polluted and convoluted logic to reach truth and that simply isn't being honest.

“Many shall come in my name, saying, i am;
    and shall deceive many.” (Mark 13:6) (Link to thread)

“Evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse,
    deceiving, and being deceived.” (2Tm.3:13)

Mark 13:6

King James Version (KJV)

6For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Why do you keep editing the scriptures leaving entire parts out just to create your own viewpoint?

Hi BD,

I told you before about the use of italics, but it appears
    that TRUTH goes in one ear and out the other with you.

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)
    עד (Ed) (Joshua 22:34)

ED

What are you talking about?

Mark 13:6-8

King James Version (KJV)

6For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

There are no Italics in the AKJV

Hi BD,

Get yourself a “AKJV Bible”.

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

The Italicized Words in the King James Bible (Link)

The italicized words in the King James Bible are words that were added by the translators to help the reader.
    This is usually necessary when translating from one language to another because word meanings and idioms change.
    So, to produce a more readable translation, the King James translators (1604- 1611) added certain words to the Bible text.
    However, to make sure that everyone understood that these words were not in the available manuscripts they set them in italics.

Imagine the confusion which would arise if the translators had not used the italicized words:

“Salvation unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.”

This is Psalm 3:8 with one italicized word omitted. As you can see, the reading implies that the Lord needs to be saved! The correct reading is:

“Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.”

Here is Psalm 7:11 with three italicized words omitted:

“God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry every day.”

Is God angry with the righteous every day? No, the correct reading is as the King God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.”

Consider Psalm 12:5 without the italics:

“For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set in safety puffeth at him.”

The verse makes no sense without the italics:

“For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.”

If we subtract the italics from Psalm 18:3, we have God commanding men to call upon Him to be praised:

“I will call upon the LORD, to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.”

Yet, if we leave the italics in place, the verse makes perfect sense and gives the praise to God:

“I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.”

Note Psalm 34:16-17 without the italicized words:

“The face of the LORD against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. Cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”

This reading allows those that do evil to be delivered from all their troubles, but the italics give a whole new meaning:

“The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”

Just from these few examples in Psalms alone, it is clear that the italics are essential. Hundreds of such examples could be presented.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (francis @ April 26 2012,10:04)
    Hello Asana…

Francis

What you are saying just doesn't Gel and here's why: Jesus explains

John 10:36
    Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Jesus was sent into the world if he was God incarnated he would not  have made the distinction that God sent him into the world.

Incarnation would mean that God came into the world and was not sent into the world.

You have no Logical basis to conclude that there was any sort of incarnation of God on earth.

The word of God was made manifest meaning made evident by producing a child by command is sameword made light and everything else o unless God is everything His Word created God is not incarnated but indeed is made manifest all through creation

First of all… the post of mine which you say “just doesn't gel”… was meant to be nothing more than a simple, direct, brief overiew  in response to a brief, simple question of yours.

The question you asked was simply:

And what is this talk about incarnation where in the world in the bible does it say anything about God being “Incarnated”

No where in that question or yours does it ask or suggest that I needed to defend or “prove” that the concept of the Incarnation is true… although I personally believe it is.

Look again at your question very carefully… all you asked was “…where in the world in the bible does it say anything about God being “Incarnated”

Nothing else. That is all you asked.  It was a very brief question, and so I gave you a very brief overiew as an answer… explaining that while the word “Incarnation” is not written in the Bible… it is nonetheless inferred from the Biblical text.

I wasn't asked by you to prove or defend that the inference was a valid one (although I believe it is).  All you asked was where in the Bible does it say anything about God being “Incarnated”.

And I gave you a very brief overview.

I even told you that my response was “simply trying to answer your question as to why Orthodox Christians believe that Jesus was God Incarnate.”

It wasn't meant to be an indepth answer, and I even pointed that out to you as well.

I believe my answer honestly and directly answered your question as you asked it.  And so in that respect… my answer gelled perfectly and was on point.

—————————–

Now please listen carefully Asana… I consider you to be my friend and I pray that one day I will have the privilege of meeting you.  I genuinely admire and respect you… even though we are not in agreement about God and salvation and Jesus.

But you can't say that I have no logical basis to conclude that there was any sort of Incarnation of God when you never asked for it and I never gave one.   Your question did not call for me to defend or prove that there is a logical basis for believing that Jesus was God Incarnate (even though I believe there is an excellent logical and rational basis for the concept).

Now… I don't mind having a spirited and fun discussion about the merits of the case for the Incarnation with you.

BUT… you have yet to answer my question and request about giving me evidence and proof that the people who claimed that they had killed Jesus… were in fact deluded.

You keep asking me questions and challenging me to defend myself and explain myself… and I have made a very honest effort to do the best I can with the Brain that God gave me.

I have honored you and respected you by trying to give you what you have asked of me.  All of my posts show that I have always been willing to respond to people and to be as thorough as I can be.

And yet, even though I have repeatedly asked for the same courtesy in return as I politely ask you to show me evidence that people have been deluded into thinking they killed Jesus…. you have steadfastly and consistently resisted honoring my request.

I don't know why you refuse to answer a simple question of mine… but then have no problem peppering me with questions and requests that I defend myself about any claims I make.   It is not fair to ask me to defend myself with evidence… when you won't do the same.

I love you Asana because I know that God loves you and because Jesus loves you… but I'm not going to get into any discussion with you about the Incarnation until you are willing to answer my question about the death of Jesus.

I think that is a very fair attitude to have on my part because we saw Jesus doing the very same thing when the pharisees and scribes wouldn't answer Jesus' question.

Like Jesus did in the NT… if you won't answer my question, then I won't answer yours.   Having a dialogue means both sides have to be willing to contribute and answer questions when asked of them.

Yours in Christ
    Francis.

I don't think it's necessary to question our friendship or love for one another, that to me goes without saying. I believe I have answered the question of how people could believe that Jesus was Killed/Crucified because otherwise what Isaiah was quoted as being said would not be true and I believe it is true that

Mark 4:12
    That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Matthew 13:13
    Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Acts 28:26
    Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

So please tell me possibly what did people see and see not?

The Quran answers the Question They saw Jesus Crucified yet they saw not and they heard he was killed and yet they did not understand.

The romans were also would allow their wives to make many decisions hence the word “Romantic” The wife of Pontious pilate said she had a dream and no harm should come to Jesus and Pontious Pilate said at least 3 times that he would let Jesus go free.

Matthew 27:19
    When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.

Acts 3:13
    The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Luke 23:22
    And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go.

Rmans had no reason to bow to the will of the minority of Jews there is massive amounts of literature that support the way the Romans operated and they always did whatever they thought was best for them if they believed harm would come to them for assisting the crucifixion of Christ their History shows they would not have done it loo
    k at what Herod had to say:

Acts 4:26-28

King James Version (KJV)

26The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

27For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

28For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

Luke 23:7-11

King James Version (KJV)

7And as soon as he knew that he belonged unto Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who himself also was at Jerusalem at that time.

8And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.

9Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.

10And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him.

11And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.

Luke 23:11-16

King James Version (KJV)

11And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.

12And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.

13And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people,

14Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him:

15No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him.

16I will therefore chastise him, and release him.

Now I am saying this is exactly what he did and it would make perfect sense if you have ever studied the way Roman rulers functioned they LET HIM GO and presented a bloodied person who was to be executed anyway

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2012,13:09)
    I don't think it's necessary to question our friendship or love for one another, that to me goes without saying. I believe I have answered the question of how people could believe that Jesus was Killed/Crucified because otherwise what Isaiah was quoted as being said would not be true and I believe it is true that

That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Hi BD,

Are you suggesting that because we believe Jesus' died for our sins, this is (according to YOU)
    the very reason that our sins are not forgiven?    …this does NOT make any sense, care to explain?

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Ed J
    Participant

The Quran answers the Question They saw Jesus Crucified yet they saw not and they heard he was killed and yet they did not understand.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

Following 'the false prophet' Muhammad doesn't make any sense?    …why do you follow him?

יהוה חאלהים (JEHOVAH GOD)
    עד (Joshua 22:34) Ed (Witness)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,13:32)

Hi BD,

Are you suggesting that because we believe Jesus' died for our sins, this is (according to YOU)
    the very reason that our sins are not forgiven?    …this does NOT make any sense, care to explain?

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

I didn't say your sins are not forgiven, if you have repented your sins are forgiven f you have not repented then you have not been forgiven. Even if Jesus was killed on a cross if you have not repented you will not be forgiven and if you have repented you will be forgiven.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2012,14:49)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

I didn't say your sins are not forgiven, if you have repented your sins are forgiven f you have not repented then you have not been forgiven. Even if Jesus was killed on a cross if you have not repented you will not be forgiven and if you have repented you will be forgiven.

Hi BD,

You appear to be in agreement, however,
    you count the blood of the covenant as an unholy thing.

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy,
    who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
    wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Heb 10:29)

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,15:13)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
    wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Heb 10:29)

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Actually I couldn't be doing that based on my position

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Ed

Just so you understand, your quotefrom Hebrews is explaining that people who accept your belief in the crucifixion have absolutely no excuse to sin and when they do they are calling their belief unholy.

In other words if thet repent knowing what they believe is the ultimate truth any sin afterwards is complete condemnation

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2012,15:20)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Do you count the blood of the covenant as a “Holy Thing”?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,15:48)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

No, I don't count any blood shed as unholy, do you not understand what I am saying?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2012,15:25)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Ed

Just so you understand, your quotefrom Hebrews is explaining that people who accept your belief in the crucifixion have absolutely no excuse to sin and when they do they are calling their belief unholy.

In other words if thet repent knowing what they believe is the ultimate truth any sin afterwards is complete condemnation

NO, that is what verse 26 is saying!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 26 2012,15:51)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

No, I don't count any blood shed as unholy, do you not understand what I am saying?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,15:52)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

You are begging the question and insinuating their was such blood shed for a covenant.

Exodus 24:8
    And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.
    Exodus 24:7-9

This was a blood covenant was the blood of Jesus sprinkled on someone?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (francis @ April 26 2012,13:04)
    Like Jesus did in the NT… if you won't answer my question, then I won't answer yours. Having a dialogue means both sides have to be willing to contribute and answer questions when asked of them.

Yours in Christ
    Francis.

Very true, yet also on short supply with some.

I am convinced that people who resort to this, do so because it is about saving face when they cannot give a reason as to why they believe they are right or you are wrong.

I certainly would respect a person who gave me straight answers (even if they said, “I don't know). Why? Because it would show that they were willing to learn truth and that they were honest.

Too many here are not honest when teaching their doctrine.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 27 2012,13:49)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

You are begging the question and insinuating their was such blood shed for a covenant.

And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

Do you deny these verses, Asana Bodhitharta?
    (Note: covenant and Testament mean the same)

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament,
    which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
    Luke 22:20 This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 28 2012,00:08)

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 27 2012,13:49)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi BD,

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Were you sprinkled with the blood of Jesus?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 28 2012,12:39)

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

YOU BET!

Rev 1:5 Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.
    1Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through san-
    ctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 12:23-25 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven,
    and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator
    of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
    See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on
    earth
    , much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 27 2012,22:34)

Quote (francis @ April 26 2012,13:04)
    Like Jesus did in the NT… if you won't answer my question, then I won't answer yours.   Having a dialogue means both sides have to be willing to contribute and answer questions when asked of them.

Yours in Christ
    Francis.

Very true, yet also on short supply with some.

I am convinced that people who resort to this, do so because it is about saving face when they cannot give a reason as to why they believe they are right or you are wrong.

I certainly would respect a person who gave me straight answers (even if they said, “I don't know). Why? Because it would show that they were willing to learn truth and that they were honest…

…and you are willing to teach the Truth™ to them, right?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 28 2012,12:50)

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 28 2012,12:39)

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

YOU BET!

Rev 1:5 Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.
    1Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through san-
    ctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 12:23-25 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven,
    and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator
    of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
    See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on
    earth
    , much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

So you are now saying this blood sprinkling is a metaphor right?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account