The Son of man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 412 total)
  • Author
    malcolm ferris
    Participant

Hi t8

Are those who sleeptalk conscious of what they say or do? or are they unconscious.
    Reading Luke 16 – the parable of Lazurus and the rich man – it appears to me that both Abraham and Lazurus who are talking are conscious not only of their present surroundings but also are conscious of their former habitation on earth. The rich man even shows human compassion on his brethren – asking Abraham to send Lazurus to warn them against coming where he is. Perhaps one could have a dream in which such things transpired.
    But I do not see death as being a big dream – or nightmare – whichever the case may be, but very real.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I agree.

This following scripture seems to be recording an event before the resurrection:

Revelation 6:9-11
    9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.
    10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”
    11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

But are we going off the subject for this discussion?

If so, we should move over to an appropriate discussion.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 30 2006,13:59)
    I agree.

This following scripture seems to be recording an event before the resurrection:

Revelation 6:9-11
    9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.
    10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”
    11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

But are we going off the subject for this discussion?

If so, we should move over to an appropriate discussion.

t8,

I realize that we must have rules for the unruly but must we or is there any other way of allowing something of this nature to continue without interruption which seems to greive the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was truly a son of Man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus must be a man.
    The rest can be worked out later.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    I believe that God has made it plain in scripture that Christ was a man exactly like us so we have no excuses and can follow him. He is truly SON OF MAN. But he is also revealed as a being through whom God created the world. So ANY advantages that he had must have been shed before he partook of flesh through Mary.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So many point to the miracles of Christ as proof he is God. The messiah was anointed by God with power[acts10] and he said this about his followers.
    “John 14:12
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”

The prophets and apostles indeed also were used of God in miracles so this is not useful evidence. He was just like us so we can follow him.

Not3in1
    Participant

If miracles are proof of deity, then most of the disciples of Christ are deity. In fact, I am deity! I've prayed over folks and seen them recover! I've even prayed over a demon possessed teenager and saw the demon come out of her! Am I doing that on my own power? Goodness, no! I agree with Jesus when I say – no one is good but God!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was conceived in Mary and the same word is used of the conception of John the baptist.
    Jesus is the Son of man, a man.
    So Mary's faulty genes through Adam contributed as well as perfect new genes from God.
    So as a man he was like us and damaged and vulnerable and weak in all the ways we are.
    The anointing of God transformed him and by submitting to and being led by God's Spirit made him as God on earth.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2007,15:05)
    Hi,
    Jesus was conceived in Mary and the same word is used of the conception of John the baptist.
    Jesus is the Son of man, a man.
    So Mary's faulty genes through Adam contributed as well as perfect new genes from God.
    So as a man he was like us and damaged and vulnerable and weak in all the ways we are.
    The anointing of God transformed him and by submitting to and being led by God's Spirit made him as God on earth.

Can a man who has inherited “perfect new genes from God” be simply a man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Are they human genes?
    Yes?
    Like Adam's?
    Yes.
    Yep just a man.
    Would you prefer he was a god or something inbetween.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2007,08:02)
    Hi not3,
    I believe that God has made it plain in scripture that Christ was a man exactly like us so we have no excuses and can follow him. He is truly SON OF MAN.  But he is also revealed as a being through whom God created the world. So ANY advantages that he had must have been shed before he partook of flesh through Mary.

Jesus did not shed his advantages before he became a man, but after.

Philippians 2:7,8

“…..being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself…”

Jesus is truly the SON OF MAN, as you say. However, he is also the SON OF GOD.

Non-Trinitarians have a tendency to focus on Jesus' humanity and Trinitarians focus primarily on his divinity. He was both though. A true Son, who was a mixture; a combination of both parents. Not a popular teaching, I'm afraid. The scriptures teach it……..but we interpret the simple meaning away.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2007,16:23)
    Hi not3,
    Are they human genes?
    Yes?
    Like Adam's?
    Yes.
    Yep just a man.
    Would you prefer he was a god or something inbetween.

God is not a man.  
    God does not have human genes.

Since you asked, I would prefer that Jesus be allowed to be who the scriptures say he is:  The SON of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Speaking of the divinity of Jesus takes you back to your trinitarian roots.
    If you want other gods fine.
    But the fullness of deity was IN, not AS, the son of God.

Col2
    “9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,”

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2007,16:31)
    Hi not3,
    Speaking of the divinity of Jesus takes you back to your trinitarian roots.
    If you want other gods fine.
    But the fullness of deity was IN, not AS,  the son of God.

Col2
    “9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,”

Again, some non-Trinitarians speak too lowly of our Son of God and Man. Some Trinitarians speak too highly of him.

Are you saying that you don't believe there is anything divine about the man, Jesus Christ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Yes.
    God was in him reconciling the world to Himself.

Not3in1
    Participant

And the virgin birth?
    Jesus' miraculous conception?

Noth'en even special? :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Special, but not different.

Not3in1
    Participant

If special, then how so?

michaels
    Participant

TO NH AND N31 special and different because gods spirit dwelt in him from the womb until death ,for he always did what pleases the father,where the rest of us are born into sin we came from the father but very quickly fogot his love for us,as we grew into the traditions of men .only through repentance can we be like jesus to walk our lifes out with the fullness of the father resting within us.we walked away from god, jesus never did,we can be like him though if we follow in his foot steps for he said follow me,we are all sons and daughters of god though ,as jesus is the son of god

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account