The Son of man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 412 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Did Jesus become flesh any other way?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Who knows?
    He was flesh-that we can know.

Luke 24:39
    Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Not3in1
    Participant

Who knows?

OK, Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Many would make Christ not the son of man but a superman.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You seem to struggle with the idea of Jesus, the Son of man, being just a man like you.
    He was an anointed man just as the prophets before him also were.
    God was at work within him reconciling the world to Himself.
    Those who saw him saw God in his vessel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RD,
    Was Jesus not a son of man?
    It is the way he described himself most often.
    Matthew 8:20
    And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
    Matthew 9:6
    But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house
    Matthew 10:23
    But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
    Matthew 11:19
    The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is fair and chose that we be judged by a fellow man.

Oxy
    Participant

Was Jesus able to live without sin because of His anointing, or because He inherited some of His Father's attributes? Interesting I think to note that we are born into a state of sin because of Adam, but Jesus was not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi oxy,
    He was not born anointed but the Spirit was given him at the Jordan
    I believe because God was with him as a true father he was enabled to remain sinfree. \
    Acts 10
    38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Heb12
    2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness

Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 17 2009,08:29)
    Was Jesus able to live without sin because of His anointing, or because He inherited some of His Father's attributes?  Interesting I think to note that we are born into a state of sin because of Adam, but Jesus was not.

Hi Oxy:

I disagree with doctrine of original sin in that sin is a spiritual matter. The scriptures state that sin is the transgression of the law, and because of this, I believe that all humanity including Jesus were born in a state of innocence.

All of hummanity yielded to temptation and sinned, but Jesus did not. He did not have any special anointing until his ministry at about the age of 30. He was born of a woman and raised by parents who were under the law of Moses.

After he was anointed to preach the gospel, he would be similar to us who have been born again. He did not sin when under the law, and neither did he sin when the anointing was upon him. We as born again Christians make mistakes.

How can his sacrifice be accepted by God for the propitiation of our sins if he is different than us?

There is of course the difference that he was not born of the sperm of man, but as I have stated, all of humanity was born in innocence.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Sin has two senses at least.

Sin that we commit.
    Sin that lives in us.

Infants cannot sin.
    but
    Jb25
    4How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

5Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.

6How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

and Rom7
    17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Jseus overcame his sinful inherited nature.
    He never sinned.

Rom8
    1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Participant

Hi Nick:

You say:

Hi 94,
    Sin has two senses at least.

Sin that we commit.
    Sin that lives in us.

I understand the sin that we commit, but please explain, the second issue: “Sin that lies in us”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Let Paul and James
    Rom7
    4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Jas1
    13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Participant

Hi Nick:

I understand that part man is tempted and he yields to temptation, and that sin enters it becomes a part of his nature, but you haven't answered my question.  Sin lives in us when we yield to temptation and that is what I have stated when I said that all of humanity was born in innocence.

Isa 53:5But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Psa 58:3The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 17 2009,11:13)

Was Jesus able to live without sin because of His anointing, or because He inherited some of His Father's attributes?  Interesting I think to note that we are born into a state of sin because of Adam, but Jesus was not.

Hi Oxy:

I disagree with doctrine of original sin in that sin is a spiritual matter.  The scriptures state that sin is the transgression of the law, and because of this, I believe that all humanity including Jesus were born in a state of innocence.

All of hummanity yielded to temptation and sinned, but Jesus did not.  He did not have any special anointing until his ministry at about the age of 30.  He was born of a woman and raised by parents who were under the law of Moses.

After he was anointed to preach the gospel, he would be similar to us who have been born again.  He did not sin when under the law, and neither did he sin when the anointing was upon him.  We as born again Christians make mistakes.

How can his sacrifice be accepted by God for the propitiation of our sins if he is different than us?

There is of course the difference that he was not born of the sperm of man, but as I have stated, all of humanity was born in innocence.

God Bless

Thanks for your reply. My understanding was based in part upon this Scripture. Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous.

But also upon this interesting piece of Scripture:
    1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; else your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

According to my understanding of the above verse, children are unclean except for the covering of a believing parent, until such time as they accept or reject the salvation offered to them by Christ.

Cheers

Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 17 2009,11:36)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 17 2009,11:13)

Hi Oxy:

I disagree with doctrine of original sin in that sin is a spiritual matter.  The scriptures state that sin is the transgression of the law, and because of this, I believe that all humanity including Jesus were born in a state of innocence.

All of hummanity yielded to temptation and sinned, but Jesus did not.  He did not have any special anointing until his ministry at about the age of 30.  He was born of a woman and raised by parents who were under the law of Moses.

After he was anointed to preach the gospel, he would be similar to us who have been born again.  He did not sin when under the law, and neither did he sin when the anointing was upon him.  We as born again Christians make mistakes.

God Bless

Thanks for your reply.  My understanding was based in part upon this Scripture. Romans 5:19  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous.

But also upon this interesting piece of Scripture:
    1Co 7:14  For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; else your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

According to my understanding of the above verse, children are unclean except for the covering of a believing parent, until such time as they accept or reject the salvation offered to them by Christ.

Cheers

Hi Oxy:

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and so, by one man sin entered into the world and death by sin, and death passed upon all men IN THAT ALL HAVE SINNED.

And the children of the unsaved are unclean not because of their own sin, but because of the sin of their parents.

A good question would be if a child of unsaved parents who dies prior to being able to make a decision to accept or reject salvation would be saved? And I don't know the answer to this. It does appear that David's child born of his adultery with Bathsheba was saved in that David says:

2Sa 12:22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell [whether] GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
    2Sa 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Oxy
    Participant

So if the children of the unsaved are unclean because of their parents unbelief, isn't that inherent sin? The same kind passed down from Adam?

As for your other “good question”, can I answer by asking another question, can anything unclean inherit heaven? My personal conviction is that if neither parent is a believer then their offspring receive the same end as them, otherwise 1Cor 7:14 wouldn't make any sense.

An interesting topic.

Blessings

Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 17 2009,12:02)
    So if the children of the unsaved are unclean because of their parents unbelief, isn't that inherent sin?  The same kind passed down from Adam?

As for your other “good question”, can I answer by asking another question, can anything unclean inherit heaven?  My personal conviction is that if neither parent is a believer then their offspring receive the same end as them, otherwise 1Cor 7:14 wouldn't make any sense.

An interesting topic.

Blessings

Hi Oxy:

I do not believe that one can inherit sin.  Sin is the transgression of the law, and by the law is knowledge of sin.

If Adam were responsible for our sin, why are we then are we held accountable?

Perhaps, children who are considered unclean because of their parents, will not be saved as part of the punishment to the parents for rejecting his salvation.  The parents will be held accountable of that I am certain.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 17 2009,11:29)
    Hi Nick:

I understand that part man is tempted and he yields to temptation, and that sin enters it becomes a part of his nature, but you haven't answered my question.  Sin lives in us when we yield to temptation and that is what I have stated when I said that all of humanity was born in innocence.

Isa 53:5But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Psa 58:3The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.

Hi 94,
    James does not say that.

Jas1
    13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

He already has LUST

Oxy
    Participant

There is a state of sin that we are born into as a result of Adam's sin. This is different from transgression. Inherent sin is separation from God, which is why infants need a believing parent to cover them, according to my understanding. What do you think?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account