The Son of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 840 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Are you not anointed by the same Spirit?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2008,09:23)
    Hi not3,
    He was an ordinary man
    made extraordinary by his anointing.

Hi Nick,
    If you are standing on that then where is the question of pre-existence for Jesus?
    Your way of using the 'sent' is causing others to fumble.
    Hi Mandy, need not fumble my Sis on the word 'sent' even John the Baptist was sent similar way from God (Jn 1:6).
    Take care
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    All the anointed prophets were sent from God.
    But only Jesus was sent into the world.

Adam Pastor
    Participant

(John 17:18)  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

gollamudi
    Participant

Excellent my brother AP, you have quoted my words also.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi AP,
    The Son was brought into the world.
    He who had been in heaven and seen the Father came.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Even WJ will not accept your views that son was brought into the world. How can son exists before his birth? Don't you believe Jesus' birth through Mary? Don't you belive God's words in O.T about His son are all future events?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    You have got to get over HOW CAN and focus on what is written.

gollamudi
    Participant

Which one my brother, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Those who would define truth by what they see is humanly possible will always miss the hand of God working outside this visible realm. The one from Bethlehem had origins from everlasting.

gollamudi
    Participant

Same old story of Trinitarians no difference at all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    I am sorry you have become resistant to what is written.

gollamudi
    Participant

I have already thought about you long back.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    Better to study what is written.

gollamudi
    Participant

We are already in the Job

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Prov 30
    4Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

These verses describe prophesied actions of the Son of God as well as those of God. They are important as they are quoted about Jesus in the NT several times. Note that Jesus adds that he HAS descended even before the prophesy of his return that is written occurs.

John 3:13
    ” No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.

Ephesians 4:9
    (Now this expression, “He ascended,” what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth?

Ephesians 4:10
    He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)

These prophesies about the Son of God together with the prophecy of Deut 18 shown by Peter in Acts 3 are WHY Jesus was proven to be the Son of God.

Rom1
    3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So when Satan tested him by saying
    Matthew 4:3
    And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

Matthew 4:6
    And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

He was testing whether Jesus realised he was the one promised in Prov30

The one who HAD descended from heaven.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Thanks once again, you have openned this discussion. I believe the literal ascention of Jesus after his glorification otherwise no son of man has ascended to heaven before him. I don't believe that he came down from heaven literally as if he was already existing as son of man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    He was Son of God before he became son of Man.
    He said he had descended.
    Does not sound as if it gives much wiggle room.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    See this verse Jn 3:13

13 “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven”

Can any son of man lives in heaven before Jesus' resurrection?

See another verse Prov 30:4

4 “Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?”

One more verse Eph 4:8-10

8 “Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)”

Compare all these verses Jesus descended from heaven or from God as bread of life in a symbolic way because the 'word of God' became flesh in Jesus. I don't believe any literal existence of Jesus as some being in heaven prior to his birth on this earth because as per Jn 3:13 'son of man who is in heaven'.
    No son of man was there in heaven except in prophesies like Dan 7:13

13 “I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him”

The above prophecy talks about Jesus' ascention after his resurrection.

That's all for now.
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account