The Son of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 840 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Actually he is the Son of God.
    He said so.
    So did his Dad.
    Should we prefer your ideas?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    If the sonship of Jesus to God only relates to his birth from Mary then you will have to deny he is the son at all.

Because as he is the result of conception in Mary he is the son of Mary and God so that means Son of God is only a partially true term.

But wait, scripture says that he was conceived of the Spirit so since your God has three persons and God, by default always means the Father to you then God is not his Father but the third “person “is.

So if you say this then you may as well go the whole hog and say he is not the son of God at all thus sadly denying the Master.

But of course the monogenes son was sent into the world so his monogenes sonship relates to before his conception. The Owner of the vineyard sent his son to the tenants so the son existed when he was sent.

Cult Buster
    Participant

WJ

Worship God our Saviour!

Isa 43:11
    I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isa 45:21
    Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Hsa 13:4
    Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

And then….

Jn 1:
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And so fulfilled the prophesy of Isaiah…

Isa 9:
    6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, **The mighty God**, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Matt 1:
    22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
    23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, **God with us**.

Take note Arian followers, he was the mighty God, God with us before the baptism at the Jordan.

Lk 2:11
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Tts 1:
    3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
    4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Tts 2:
    10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
    11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
    12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
    13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Tts 3:4
    But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Jud 1:25
    To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Remeber , he that hath the Son hath the Father, also he that honors the Son honors the Father also.

I Jn 2:
    22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

I Jn 4:
    1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ [Word/God, the Mighty God] is come in the flesh is of God:
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ [Word/God the Mighty God] is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Compare with…

I Tim 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God [the Mighty God] was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

So for all the Arian believers and followers…

If you honor the Father then you have to honor the Son.

The Son is fully honored when he is aknowledge for who he is,

The Mighty God, the Word that was with God and the Word that was God who never ceased being God but left his place beside his Father and became a servant by taking on human form, becoming a Son, and submitting to the Father even to death of the cross. Who is now exalted back to his original Glory that he shared with the Father as God, seated at the right hand of the Father, and has been given all power, and authority, all the fullness of the Godhead being in him, and is given a name above ALL Names, JESUS.

Phil 2
    8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Glory and honor is given to the Father when every tongue confesses that Jesus is Lord, Mighty God, prince of peace, Lord of Lords, King of Kings.

Heb 1:
    5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
    6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
    7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
    8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Pss 2:12
    Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [from] the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in him.

Let all men fall to their knees and obey the Fathers command to worship the Mighty God Jesus!

Give him the honor that is due his name!

Jn 5:23
    That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Jn 8:54
    Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Jn 8:54
    Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

The word for honoureth is doxazo, which means;

1) to think, suppose, be of opinion

2) to praise, extol, magnify, celebrate

3) to honour, do honour to, hold in honour

4) to make glorious, adorn with lustre, clothe with splendour

See how the Father exalts and praises Jesus?

Jn 12:26
    If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

You cant have the Father without having the Son.

You cant Honour and acknowedge the Father without giving the Same Honour and acknowedgement to the Son.

II Peter 1:17
    For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Jn 5:23
    That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

look at how the Host of heaven honours him!!!

Rev 5:
    8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
    9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every ki
    ndred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
    11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
    12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
    13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
    14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!

Well Presented Worshipping Jesus!      :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Certainly that is a popular religion.
    But we are people of the Word and the Spirit.
    We do not search for the exceptions to make our own way
    We follow Jesus, the Son of God and his Lord and God.

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi CB,
    Certainly that is a popular religion.
    But we are people of the Word and the Spirit.

No NH. You are followers of Arius.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Have fun.
    But when you wake up your own fabrications will be as ashes in your mouth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the evidence as it stands on the big question;
    Is Jesus
    the son of God ?
    or God?

The Son?
    Witnesses.

God
    Himself
    Peter
    John
    Paul
    John the baptist
    Martha
    Nathaniel
    etc

God?
    Witnesses

? Paul
    ? John

The court is dismissed.
    The case is proven without the further need for evidence.

Jesus is the Son of God.
    His father is our God.
    We have only one God.

Hi,
    Is Jesus
    the son of God ?
    or God?

The Son?
    Witnesses.

God
    Himself
    Peter
    John
    Paul
    John the baptist
    Martha
    Nathaniel
    etc

God?
    Witnesses

? Paul
    ? John

The court is dismissed.

Jesus is the Son of God.
    His father is our God.
    We have only one God.

NH

Nice. So now you are the judge of the interpretation of the scriptures? :O Not my friend!

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi,
    Is Jesus
    the son of God ?
    or God?

The Son?
    Witnesses.

God
    Himself
    Peter
    John
    Paul
    John the baptist
    Martha
    Nathaniel
    etc

God?
    Witnesses

? Paul
    ? John

The court is dismissed.

Jesus is the Son of God.
    His father is our God.
    We have only one God.

NH. Is that the best that you can do? I thought that you were a “theologian”.

JESUS' EQUALITY WITH GOD

Compare
    MATTHEW 13:13-15 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. (14) And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: (15) For this people's heart is waxed gross, and {their} ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with {their} eyes, and hear with {their} ears, and should understand with {their} heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    With
    ISAIAH 6:9-10 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. (10) Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

JOHN 5:17-18 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (18) Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

JOHN 10:30-33 I and {my} Father are one. (31) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. (32) Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? (33) The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

JOHN 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew {it} unto you.

Compare
    JEREMIAH 22:5 But if ye will not hear these words, I swear by myself, saith the Lord, that this house shall become a desolation.
    With
    MATTHEW 23:37-38 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, {thou} that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under {her} wings, and ye would not! (38) Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

MATTHEW 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

JOHN 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    JOHN 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
    Compare
    JOHN 12:37-38 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: (38) That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
    JOHN 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.
    With
    ISAIAH 6:1-5 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. (2) Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. (3) And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, {is} the Lord of hosts: the whole earth {is} full of his glory. (4) And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. (5) Then said I, Woe {is} me! for I am undone; because I {am} a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.<<<

JOHN 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

ROMANS 9:5 Whose {are} the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ {came}, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. {RSV, NIV: “Christ, who is God over all”}

PHILIPPIANS 2:5-6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: (6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

COLOSSIANS 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
    1 TIMOTHY 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
    TITUS 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; {RSV,NIV: “our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ”}

Compare
    Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre
    With
    Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

2 PETER 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: {RSV, NIV: “our God and Saviour Jesus Christ”}

Compare
    Psa 102:24  I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.
    Psa 102:25  Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
    With
    HEBREWS 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: {God the Father calls the Son “Lord.”

REVELATION 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; these things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
    Arche (“Beginning”) The Greek for “beginning” is arche, from which we get our word “architect.” Its literal meaning, according to Greek scholars, is “origin, active cause, source, uncreated principle.” So the above verse is describing Jesus as the “architect,” or Creator of the Universe. In Rev 21:6 “arche” is applied to the Father, so it can't possibly mean “created being,” as Jehovah's Witnesses and other heretics maintain.

Compare
    Psa 41:13  Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.
    With
    MICAH 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, {though} thou be little among the thousands of Judah, {yet} out of thee shall he come forth unto me {that is} to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth {have been} from of old, from everlasting.

JOHN 5:23 That all {men} should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.

JOHN 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

REVELATION 5:8 . . . the four beasts and four {and} twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Compare
    REVELATION 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almi
    ghty God.

With
    Gen 17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Compare
    1 CHRONICLES 28:9 . . . the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:

With
    MATTHEW 9:4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

MATTHEW 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, . . .
    REVELATION 2:23 . . . I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: . . .

Compare
    JEREMIAH 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.
    With
    MATTHEW 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Compare
    DANIEL 9:9 To the Lord our God {belong} mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
    LUKE 5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
    With
    LUKE 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
    MARK 2:5-10 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. (6) But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, (7) Why doth this {man} thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

ACTS 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon {God}, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Mat 26:63  But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
    Mat 26:64  Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
    Mat 26:65  Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy;

(The high priest understood Jesus’ claim to be God and wrongly accused Him of blasphemy.)
    Blasphemy can only be committed against God.

Compare
    Isa 40:3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
    With
    Mat 3:3  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
    Mar 1:1  The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
    Mar 1:2  As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
    Mar 1:3  The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch(Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Compare
    Mar 2:28  Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

With
    Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God:

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
    Deu 32:3  Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
    Deu 32:4  He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
    Psa 78:35  And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Exo 20:2  I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Mal 3:6  For I am the LORD (yhovah), I change not;
    Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
    Joh 8:57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
    Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
    Joh 8:59  Then took they up stones to cast at him: (because Jesus claimed the name of God)

JESUS IS GOD.     WORSHIP HIM!

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You must be joking.
    I am just a lover of truth as God wants us to be.
    You should become one too and leave the fanciful speculations to the rebellious theologians.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi boh,

1 John 5:13
    These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.'
    1 John 5:11
    And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

do not join the queue of those who wish to deny him.

2Peter 2
    ” 1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who confuse God with His Son miss also the vital message.
    Belief in God is not enough but we must believe in the Son of God.
    Salvation is in the SON.
    There is salvation in no other neme under heaven.,

Jn 3
    14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Listen to John.
    1Jn 2
    ' 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. '

BE NOT SEDUCED BY THE WHORE AND HER DAUGHTERS.
    1Jn 3
    ' 23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment…..

1Jn 4
    '3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. …
    14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. “

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

ORTHODOX THEOLOGY IS OF THE WORLD

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2007,02:09)
    ORTHODOX THEOLOGY IS OF THE WORLD

Orthodox
    –adjective

1. of, pertaining to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.  
    2. of, pertaining to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved.  

Theology  
    –noun, plural -gies.

1. the field of study and analysis that treats of God and of God's attributes and relations to the universe; study of divine things or religious truth; divinity.  
    2. a particular form, system, branch, or course of this study.

To paraphrase, orthodox theology is simply the general consensus of opinion on the things of God. Whether or not theology is “orthodox” or not has no real bearing on it's validity. It just means that it's “generally aproved”. The resurrection is also considered “orthodox theology”….should we consider it dubious on that count? Obviously not. Imagine for a moment that someone really influencial stumbled over Nick Hassan's writings and was so taken by them that he promulgated them at every opportunity and gradually the doctrines began to permeate christendom and became orthodox teachings. What position would that put you in then? You would have to deem your own doctrines corrupt.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Same applies. Test all things and hold fast to what is good.

Participant

Do you still stand by this statement?

“ORTHODOX THEOLOGY IS OF THE WORLD”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Current orthodox theology
    propounding a strange trinity god
    is not of the teaching of the Word of God
    so is of the god of this world.

Participant

I'll take that as a “no”.

So would you prefer that your henotheistic teachings were considered orthodox?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    These words come from men and not the wisdom of God.
    Why do you need them?
    Do they improve your relationship with God or His Christ?

Participant

Okay, even though the word “henotheism” very accurately represents your views, I'll rephrase the question:

Would you prefer that your teachings about God were considered orthodox?

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account