The Son of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 840 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

OK kenrch,
    One shaky witness will not win a case. Can you find two more?

kenrch
    Participant

Create:
    To originate; produce.

Jesus was the first of a new creation unlike any other. Son of Man Son of God. Unlike angels and unlike the sons of Adam. Jesus is the New Adam the beginning of the (new) creation of God.

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the likeness of Adam's transgression, who is a figure of him that was to come.

1Co 15:45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

** Jesus is the first of the “new creation” Son of man and Son of God. So we too are sons of man and Sons of God through Jesus.

2Cor. 5:17 Wherefore if any man is in Christ, he is “a new creature”: the old things are passed away; behold, they are become new.

Gal 6:15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a “new creature”.

Jesus the first born of the new creation. Jesus the main component of the new creation. The beginning of the creation. This is what we are a new creation of the Father. Jesus is the beginning of that new creation. Rev.3:14

NickHassan
    Participant

nope

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 21 2006,18:16)
    nope

Ok then what? Are we just to say that the scripture is wrong because you have no other.

Jesus is not the first of a new creation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    We are talking about the original creation, not rebirth into the new creation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is a true Son of God according to his conception in the womb of Mary .
    Matt 1.20f

“20But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “(A)Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been [a]conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

21″She will bear a Son; and (B)you shall call His name Jesus, for He ©will save His people from their sins.”

22Now all this took place to fulfill what was (D)spoken by the Lord through the prophet:

23″(E)BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH (F)CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “(G)GOD WITH US.”

24And Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took Mary as his wife,

25but kept her a virgin until she (H)gave birth to a Son; and (I)he called His name Jesus.”

But he was conceived of the Holy Spirit of God.
    What more evidence is needed to show that the Spirit of God is the expression of God on earth?
    And He revealed God to men by the anointing of the Spirit of God in the Jordan.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Who is the child born of God?
    1Jn 5
    ” 1(A)Whoever believes that Jesus is the [a]Christ is (B)born of God, and whoever loves the Father ©loves the child born of Him.”
    Who wishes to overcome the world?
    1Jn 5
    ” 4For whatever is (I)born of God (J)overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world–our faith.

5Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who (K)believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Who wishes to have eternal life?
    It is in the Son.
    1Jn 5
    “11And the testimony is this, that God has given us (S)eternal life, and (T)this life is in His Son.

12(U)He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

13(V)These things I have written to you who (W)believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have (X)eternal life.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Son of God is the key to salvation.
    But men deny he exists and prefer to create idols of their own.
    1 Jn 5
    ” 20And (AO)we know that (AP)the Son of God has come, and has (AQ)given us understanding so that we may know (AR)Him who is true; and we (AS)are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ (AT)This is the true God and (AU)eternal life.

21(AV)Little children, guard yourselves from (AW)idols.”

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Hi T and M,
    ACTS 3:19-23
    Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
    And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
    Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
    For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
    And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. “
    My view;
    This is Peter preaching the message of salvation to unconverted jews.
    My paraphrasing;
    “Repent and be baptised for the forgiveness of your sins. The Scriptures reveal Jesus as God's messiah appointed to restore the kingdom to God and he is the prophet promised by Moses. He is here to fulfill all of scripture. He will lead us back to God when he returns to heaven.
    You will be brought amazingly closer to God with the temple curtain removed and have a special time as like a honeymoon when His love will surround you and you will be thinking it will always be easy. Then is the time that you must walk while the light is with you grasping at all the graces and knowledge and gifts on offer and feeding on the Word.
    The seed of the Spirit of Christ will be planted in you and if nourished will grow so that the light of the morning star will arise in your own heart to teach and show you all the things of God. If you do not accept the Son of God you have sealed your own fate and will perish.”

Hi Nick

Acts 3:19 – 21
    Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
    and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,
    whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.
    (NASB version)

I think the biggest problem one can have here in coming to terms with these verses and their correct context is to misunderstand the nature of our salvation.
    It is a finished work which was wrought at Calvary.
    Yet for all that there is still a need for the fulfillment of it to come, in which the resurrection will occur and the living of the time will be transformed.
    So in one sense it is true to say that our sins are blotted out and our sins forgiven upon believing on the Lord Jesus Christ unto a spiritual rebirth.
    Yet by the same token much of what we are believing by faith to already have, is yet to appear and be manifest.

COLOSSIANS 2:13-15
    And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
    Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
    And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Clearly he has blotted out our sins, we are already quickened being born again, now are we the sons of God, yet it does not appear what we shall be. But when he shall appear we shall see him and be like him. We are also told that we are right now seated in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus. So we need to be able to approach this in a balanced fashion.
    To confess what we have as a present reality – even though much of our confession is concerned with a future manifestation of this reality.

In light of this I think it unwise to dismiss these verses in Acts 3 as being over and done with.
    Clearly our Lord Jesus Christ is yet in Heaven, being kept there until a certain time which is referred to here as the restitution of all things.
    In an earlier post I referred also to other scriptures that allude to a future restoration or restitution of all things, a time when the faith of the children must be turned back to the faith of the fathers of the early church – back to the faith once delivered to the saints. Which faith Paul told us to earnestly contend for. And Jesus speaking of the return of the Son of Man asked – shall he find faith?…

Certainly the bulk of modern bible translations agree to this in their terminology – so we cannot dismiss it as an artifact of some antiquated translation that we hold personal dislike towards. Personally I have no problem with the KJV – but I don't want to get into translation wars. I have included these verses in the rendering of several other translations below, of course there are many other translations out there, this is just a few of the ones I feel are fairly good. As you will see they all pretty much agree with the KJV as to the wording and therefore meaning of these verses.

Greens Literal Translation

Therefore, repent, and convert, for the blotting out of your sins, so that times of refreshing may come from the face of the Lord,
    and that He may send forth the One before proclaimed to you, Jesus Christ,
    whom Heaven truly needs to receive until the times of restoration of all things, of which God spoke through the mouth of all His holy prophets from the age past.

Douay-Rheims Bible

Be penitent, therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out.
    That when the times of refreshment shall come from the presence of the Lord, and he shall send him who hath been preached unto you, Jesus Christ.
    Whom heaven indeed must receive, until the times of the restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of his holy prophets, from the beginning of the world.

English Revised Version

Repent ye therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that so there may come seasons of refreshing from the presence of the Lord;
    and that he may send the Christ who hath been appointed for you, [even] Jesus:
    whom the heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, whereof God spake by the mouth of his holy prophets which have been since the world began.

Revised Standard Version

Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
    and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus,
    whom heaven must receive until the time for establishing all that God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old.

Pershitta – Llamsa

Repent, therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out when the times of tranquility shall come to you from before the presence of the LORD;
    And he shall send to you One who has been prepared for you, even Jesus Christ;
    Whom the heaven must receive until all the things which God has spoken by the mouth of his holy prophets, since the world began should be fulfilled.

Now whilst I respect your right to hold your own opinion as to the meaning of these verses, It is just that your own interpretation. Indeed in the light of the other translat
    ions even the NASB appears to be sympathetic towards the very same conclusion – albeit using words that are less direct.
    Now of course I do not expect that you will agree with me. And this does not in any way hinder me, suffice to say that in a forum there exists at least the possibility for other opinions to be voiced for whatever they are worth.

So that is just my two cents worth

Malcolm

NickHassan
    Participant

Great Malcolm,
    Thanks for sharing as we all learn when we compare different views and so let stone sharpen stone.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    You may be right.
    Acts 3
    “18”But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled.

19″Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;

20and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,

21whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

22″Moses said, 'THE LORD GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN; TO HIM YOU SHALL GIVE HEED to everything He says to you.”

So the question is about the meaning of v 20 and does it link directly in meaning with v 21. Jesus is in heaven and is here on earth as the rest of his body. So it is true that he will not personally come till the endtimes so the refreshment and joy is from the Spirit of Christ and God among us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This world and the fragile life that exists on it is only a moment of time in eternity and an opportunity for all to join in the loving family relationship between God and His son.
    That relationship existed long before we were found on this earth.
    It is only the rescue plan of God through His Son that has shown us the loving relationship between God and His son.
    Yet men are determined in every possible way to deny God ever had a son.
    We were warned about those who would deny the Master.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    The Son appeared on earth to destroy the works of Satan
    1Jn 3.8f
    “…for the devil has sinned from the beginning.
    The Son of God appeared for this purpose,
    to destroy the works of the devil.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Eternal life is in the Son of God.
    1Jn 4.9f
    “If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.

10The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

11And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

12He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Rom 15.5f
    “5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

6That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

7Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

8Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

9And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.”

Jesus is divine in origin
    but not God
    and is to that God

Son
    Servant
    Mediator
    Minister
    Priest.

david
    Participant

“Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago….Before the mountains themselves had been settled down, ahead of the hills, I was brought forth as with labor pains…When he prepared the heavens I was there; …then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I cam to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,…and the things I was found of were with the sons of men.”
    (Prov 8:22-31)

Could this passage merely be talking about divine wisdom or wisdom in the abstract?

The Wisdom that is here described was “produced,” or created, as the beginning of Jehovah’s way. Jehovah God has always existed and has always been wise. (Ps 90:1,2) His wisdom had no beginning; it was neither created nor produced.
    It was “brought forth as with labor pains.” Furthermore, this wisdom is said to speak and act, representing a person. (Prov 8:1)
    (Some say that the holy spirit is spoken of in that manner and so the holy spirit must be an individual. Well, the same reasoning would apply to this scripture then.)
    Depicting the Son of God as wisdom is appropriate, since was was God’s Word or spokesman and was the one who revealed Jehovah’s wise purposes and decrees. Elsewhere, he is described as being “the power of God and the wisdom of God,” and also the “wisdom from God.” (1 cor 1:24,30)

david

david
    Participant

I'm just curious to know what a trinitarian would say with regard to the above post. Anyone?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jm,
    Is Jesus truly the Son of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jm,
    Do you believe this, that Jesus is truly the Son of God?
    Mk 1.1
    “The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;”

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 840 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account