The Second Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    What I am saying is that there is one way we should follow
    but God is not even restricted by His Word and He will save others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 12 2009,08:17)
    Nick

So, you're saying, Abraham did not need a savior?
    I'm sure you are familiar with Heb. 11, here is what Paul says at the end.

Hbr 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
    Hbr 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

I hope you're not wearing you're sunglasses, I want you to see this; “through faith”, they obtained a good report through faith. And notice something else, they did not receive the promise yet. Who is “us”? The saints, the once that gave their life for Christ. In other words, they would not precede the first resurrection.
    No body is taking anything away from God. this is God's plan so all can be saved, not to say that all will be saved, there will be those who want repent, not to mention those that follow Satan at the end of the millennium.
    God's mercy can do little for you if you don't repent, God can only forgive you if you ask for it. God is no respecter of person.
    And what is it that leads you to repent? is it not hearing and believing the word of God?

I can't hardly wait to see the pretzel you make out of this one.

Georg

Hi Georg,
    Nobody receives the promised inheritance till the return of Jesus and the kingdom of God on earth is fully shown in the millenium. The men of old are one with Jesus and us who are reborn into Jesus in the Spirit of God but they must wait till the fullness of the gentiles have entered.

1Peter1
    9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

God has not revealed any plan to save all men so we should not make such presumptions.

We must mind our own business and obey the commands of God to follow Jesus but He will show His mercy to the merciful too.

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God wants all to be saved, that was his plan, but God also knew there be those who would reject him.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2009,09:44)
    God has not revealed any plan to save all men so we should not make such presumptions.

Are you kidding?

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Do you call that presumptuous?

Georg

PS. if God were not restricted to his word, what assurance do we have he will keep his word? I don't think I know what you mean by that.

samual
    Participant

Georg… Greetings!

Let me take another look at this your questions:

“An army 200 million strong? I did not say it could not be possible; the question is, would it be necessarily? Also, today were military is being deployed over oceans; do you think a river would cause a problem to cross?”

The first point that comes to mind, dealing with the first question “would it be necessary?”, is that the record tells us that it was “the four angels” that “were released so that they might kill a third of mankind.” (Revelation 9:14-15) Also of note is the point that what these “four angels” used to kill off a third of mankind was termed “plagues” which you have associated with World War 2 and its military hardware. Of interest, too, is the reason why these “plagues” were sent against mankind: “so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and brass and of stone and of wood.” (verse 20)

Obviously, this releasing of plagues was an attack against the idolatry so rampant throughout the world and seems to have more to do with spirituality than physical warfare. For that reason, then, I tend toward seeing metaphoric dialogue that pertains to the Worldwide spiritual condition that went contrary to God’s intention.

Second question: “Was it necessary?”

If we look back into Scriptural History, we can see just how potent the power of angels really is:

2 Kings 19:35 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then it happened that night that the angel of the LORD went out and struck 185,000 in the camp of the Assyrians; and when men rose early in the morning, behold, all of them were dead.”

It doesn’t appear necessary to engage 200 million angels to clean up a third of mankind when just one angel can do such a thorough job as that listed above.

The next point that you raise I have to both agree and to disagree with; let’s see your comment:

“This woman/church is showing to sit on all worldly kingdoms, meaning, all kingdoms have been influenced by false religion.

With all due respect, the nation Israel, or Jerusalem, have nothing to do with the whore of Rev. 17.”

I do agree with you that this “woman” represents false religion; false religion, of course, represents “all” religions that teach or believe what is contrary to God’s Word. Having said that, how is it that the Nation of Israel, as you say, “have nothing to do with the Whore?” Do they not teach their flock (orthodox Judaism) against Christ as being God’s Only Begotten Son? I see no difference between them and any other false religion. Besides, look how God views them:

Jeremiah 3:8 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And I saw that for all the adulteries of faithless Israel, I had sent her away and given her a writ of divorce, yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear; but she went and was a harlot also.”

Jeremiah 3:6 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then the LORD said to me in the days of Josiah the king, ‘Have you seen what faithless Israel did? She went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and she was a harlot there.’”
    Has anything really changed with the Nation of Israel? I think not. So they, too, are very much a part of Babylon the Great, as is also true of Christendom.

This is your Scriptural quote that I wish to explore more fully:

“Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands… ” (and) “Mat. 24:21 is for the Jews only.”

Doesn’t your conclusion that the “great tribulation” is for the Jews only conflict with “of all nations?” I think you are mistaken. The Great Tribulation encompasses the entire Globe, not just one locale or nation, but as the verse makes clear, “all nations, and kindreds, and peoples, and tongues.” By restricting this event to the Jews only, you detract from the intent of God.

Also, you say: “Jacob is Israel, the children of Daniels people are the Jews, they are God's elect.”

The Scriptures tell us something different; as the Apostle Paul relates:

Romans 2:28-29 (New American Standard Bible)
    “For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.”

Galatians 3:27-29 (New American Standard Bible)
    “For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.”

The “New Covenant” was made to cover all nations, uniting all nations under one banner as Spiritual Israelites. Therefore, as the Scriptures insist, the “Great Tribulation’” remains for all nations to face, yet in the future. As the Scripture points out, the only even that holds off this Day of God’s fierce wrath” is this:

Revelation 7:3 (New American Standard Bible)
    “…saying, ‘Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads.’”

Matthew 24:14 (New American Standard Bible)
    “This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.”

As I see it, that search for the elect or bond-servants is all that remains to be completed prior to God’s Day of Wrath, which will begin with the “great Tribulation.” During the opening stages of that day, Babylon the Great will be crushed out of existence by the Eighth King and the “ten horns.” (Revelation 17:9-13)

As always, I await your response. God Bless!

Cindy
    Participant

Samual

You say the 200 million are angels, you say the third part of men were killed by the angels.

Rev 9:18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

Out of who's mouth?

Rev 9:17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

Are these then your angels?
    Israel is not one of the heads/kings the woman is sitting on, besides, by the time John received this vision, the nation Israel no longer existed.
    Rev. 7:9 speaks only of the martyrs from all nations.

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Now look what verse 14 is saying.

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

All these dead saints, from all nations, came out of great tribulation, no were does the Bible say, “the” great tribulation.
    Rom. 2:28-29, look what Paul is referring to.

Rom 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Circumcision was the sign of the covenant God made with Abraham and all of his descendants.

Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
    Gen 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

Paul was telling the Roman believers, circumcision of the flesh is not what counts.
    The new covenant Christ made at the last supper, was a covenant in his blood.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

A covenant by scarifies.

Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

All the once you see standing before the throne, Rev. 7:9, are these saints.

This gospel has been preached in all the world, or at least has been attempted to preach to all nations, only, not all nations will allow it to be preached.
    God's wrath on all evil nations is yet to come, but has nothing to do with the tribulation the saints had to endure.
    Do you think any one will recognize the opening stages?

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
    Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 12 2009,22:11)
    Nick

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God wants all to be saved, that was his plan, but God also knew there be those who would reject him.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2009,09:44)

Are you kidding?

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Do you call that presumptuous?

Georg

PS. if God were not restricted to his word, what assurance do we have he will keep his word? I don't think I know what you mean by that.

Hi Georg,
    Yes it is the plan of God to offer salvation to all men. Universalists extend this to foolishly say He will therefore save all men.

Acts17
    30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

And this is the reaction of the idolatrous world.

Acts 17

32And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

God as always allows men to accept or reject His plan.

The gospel message is for us to obey.
    His promises to us are ever faithful.

But we should not imagine that we can limit God because He has shown us some things. God is in ultimate control of all things and His sovereignty absolute.

It is plain that outside of the way of Jesus some will be found acceptably righteous by some expression of faith such as giving a cup of water to a christian. And some from the highways and byways, even the “bad”, taken up to fill the empty places at the wedding feast.

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

The ones that were invited to the wedding feast, the Jews, rejected the invitation, that is why the invitation went out into all the world.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That is what the preaching of the gospel to all nations is all about; hearing and obeying the gospel is excepting the invitation, that started with Jesus, and continued with the apostles. Following Christ, and obeying the gospel however, was not without risk, as the next scriptures show.

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
    Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Are you suffering for Christ, besides by me, is your life threatened for obeying God?
    A saint is he who has sacrificed his life for Christ.

Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

I for one do not envy those that have the honor to sit with Christ on his throne.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Yes there is the way we should follow.
    But God chooses to show His bountiful mercy too.

The way of Jesus is not of works

Mt25
    34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 20:12
    Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

SEEKING
    Participant

For all discussing “The Second Death.”

Please share your take on how it is avoided in light of this scripture –

Rev 2:11 ESV He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who conquers will not be hurt by the second death.'

Seeking

Cindy
    Participant

Seeking

The ones that have conquered are the saints, those who come up in the first resurrection.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

All humans living at the end of the millennium, are still subject to deception. Remember that Satan will be loosed at the end of the 1000 years. Avoiding the second death is, not being deceived by Satan at the end of the 1000 years.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

As you can see, there could be millions that fall for Satan's deceptions.

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The second death, eternal death.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    You say
    “Avoiding the second death is, not being deceived by Satan at the end of the 1000 years.”

Then you offer us another example of the FIRST DEATH

“Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The second death, eternal death.”

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

?

Georg

samual
    Participant

Georg… Greetings!

There seems to be a couple of spots in your comments that lead me to believe that you misunderstood my point. I’ll try to address them again but with more clarity.

The first remark you made was this: “You say the 200 million are angels, you say the third part of men were killed by the angels.”

Although the “200 million” referred to in Revelation Chapter 9:16 seem to relate back to verse 3, there appears to be a difference. First off, verse 3 takes place when the Fifth Trumpet sounds; verse 16 occurs during the sounding of the Sixth Trumpet. This variance indicates a time change between the two events. Another point of difference to consider is that during the Fifth Trumpet Sounding these “scorpions” as stated, “were not permitted to kill anyone.” (Verse 5) while the “four angels” (verse 15) during the Sixth Trumpet sounding, “were released so that they might kill a third of mankind.”

Did I say they were angels? Not so! The Scriptures did. Read for yourself.

The next point you mentioned was this: “Israel is not one of the heads/kings the woman is sitting on, besides, by the time John received this vision, the nation Israel no longer existed.”

If you recheck my comment you will find that I was alluding to the fact that Israel was not one of the “heads/kings” but was, by her actions, a part of the “woman” that makes up Babylon the Great, merely a segment of false religion. How often did God refer to “her” as a harlot or an adulterous woman? She fits in very well.

Your next point of contention: “All these dead saints, from all nations, came out of great tribulation, no were does the Bible say, “the” great tribulation.”

Perhaps you are reading your Scriptures from another translation. They sometimes miss a word or two when comparing Scripture with Scripture, however, they are still making reference to the same thing. But here are the translations that do contain the word “the”:

Revelation 7:14 (New American Standard Bible)
    “I said to him, ‘My lord, you know.’ And he said to me, ‘These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.’”

Revelation 7:14 (Darby Translation)
    “And I said to him, My lord, *thou* knowest. And he said to me, These are they who come out of the great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and have made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”

Revelation 7:14 (American Standard Version)
    “And I say unto him, My lord, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they that come of the great tribulation, and they washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”

Revelation 7:14 (Young's Literal Translation)
    “…and I have said to him, ‘Sir, thou hast known;’ and he said to me, ‘These are those who are coming out of the great tribulation, and they did wash their robes, and they made their robes white in the blood of the Lamb… .’”

Just a few references to let you know that I haven’t doctored up the passage to prove my point.

Your next question: “Do you think any one will recognize the opening stages?”

The stage is already being setup for this event. Only those that “keep awake” to world events as they unfold with Scriptural prophecy will recognize the time of the end. The rest will remain blind until it’s too late.

Your thoughts are awaited. God bless!

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2009,13:03)
    Hi,
    This is what Jesus says to the churches.

Revelation 2:11
    ' He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

Overcoming is essential.

I ask again, “In the context of Rev.2,  how did they
    overcome?

In the context, it seems they are overcoming the second death by the life they lived.  It seems to say faithfulness unto death earns the crown of life – thus the second death has no
    threat.

Rev.20:6  indicates avoidance of the second death by participation in the first resurrection.  Those appear to be the ones who arose and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
    According to Rev.20:4 it seems they were those martyred for their faith.  They too would have ben faithful unto death.

Rev.21:18 speaks of those who will not avoid the second death.  To them scripture seems to speak finality in the second death.  They seem “Unfaithful” in their living.

Rev 21:7  The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.
    Rev 21:8  But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

With total respect for all the scripture, posting a multitude of texts seems to begthe question not answer it. Staying with Revelation, I conclude that faithful living by those who trust fully in God's grace and the sacrifice of Jesus for salvation
    avoid, the second death.  At this point, I see finality at the second death.

I welcome all input regarding my thoughts if the input shares your thoughts.  Please, not more questions and long scripture lists.  Sometimes one may think that simply posting scripture should be sufficient.  I don't even see that as Biblical.  

Neh 8:8  They read from the book, from the Law of God, clearly, and they gave the sense, so that the people understood the reading.

It always helps to explain ones self, IMO.

Seeking

Cindy
    Participant

Samual

If you have read all of my post on the seven trumpets, and the seven last plagues, you would have noticed more than just the 200 million army, and what I think they mean.
    One; the trumpets and the bowls describe the same events.
    Two; they describe events already happened, according to history.
    Three; they are not listed in the order as they occured in time.
    Four; they are written in allegorical languish.
    To make my point; the scorpions were no scorpions, they hurt men “like” scorpions because they were the debris, “locusts”, coming out of the cloud, “mushroom cloud”.
    It's all in my article.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 14 2009,01:37)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2009,13:03)
    Hi,
    This is what Jesus says to the churches.

Revelation 2:11
    ' He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

Overcoming is essential.

I ask again, “In the context of Rev.2,  how did they
    overcome?

In the context, it seems they are overcoming the second death by the life they lived.  It seems to say faithfulness unto death earns the crown of life – thus the second death has no
    threat.

Rev.20:6  indicates avoidance of the second death by participation in the first resurrection.  Those appear to be the ones who arose and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
    According to Rev.20:4 it seems they were those martyred for their faith.  They too would have ben faithful unto death.

Rev.21:18 speaks of those who will not avoid the second death.  To them scripture seems to speak finality in the second death.  They seem “Unfaithful” in their living.

Rev 21:7  The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.
    Rev 21:8  But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

With total respect for all the scripture, posting a multitude of texts seems to begthe question not answer it. Staying with Revelation, I conclude that faithful living by those who trust fully in God's grace and the sacrifice of Jesus for salvation
    avoid, the second death.  At this point, I see finality at the second death.

I welcome all input regarding my thoughts if the input shares your thoughts.  Please, not more questions and long scripture lists.  Sometimes one may think that simply posting scripture should be sufficient.  I don't even see that as Biblical.  

Neh 8:8  They read from the book, from the Law of God, clearly, and they gave the sense, so that the people understood the reading.

It always helps to explain ones self, IMO.

Seeking

Hi S,
    Questions are because none are teachers but the Word and the Spirit of Christ are.

We are on a mutual search for truth and only in SEEKING will we find it.

Rev12

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Overcoming is by the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit.
    Ephesians 6:17
    And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 13 2009,21:18)
    Nick

?

Georg

Hi Georg,
    Men die by many means in every book of scripture and that comprises the first death – of the body. The earth burns and many suffer death by incineration , wild animals, disease and disaster. But none of these deaths are the second death.

Only the Lake of fire, the second death, prepared for the devil and his angels can destroy the body and the soul.

mt10.28

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi georg,

You say
    “”locusts”, coming out of the cloud, “mushroom cloud”.
    It's all in my article.”

Rev 9
    1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
    2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke [2586]out of the pit, as the smoke[2586] of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke [2586]of the pit.
    3 And there came out of the smoke [2586] locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

Transliteration:
    kapnos {kap-nos'}
    Word Origin:
    of uncertain affinity
    Part of Speech:
    noun masculine
    Usage in the KJV:
    smoke 13

Total: 13
    Definition:
    smoke

Should we put too much faith in your article?

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 13 2009,11:22)
    Questions are because none are teachers but the Word and the Spirit of Christ are.

Nick,

As has been pointed out before, you contradict yourself and the scriptures. When I posted the perpetual teaching commanded by Jesus, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”, you posted an “Amen” reply. Now you say, ” none are teachers.”

Again, from the scriptures –

Neh.8:8 8 They read from the Book of the Law of God, making it clear and giving the meaning so that the people could understand what was being read.

AC 8:30-31 Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked. “How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

RO 10:14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

Eph.4:11-12 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

!Tim.3:2 Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food

Jam.3:1 AS 3:1 Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly

Nick, the scriptures are replete with teaching admonitions and the encouragement and necessity for teaching. We all teach as we post – perhaps some good some bad- what are you saying, “none are teachers”?

But have it your way. Perhaps someone else will share their thoughts on my question.

Blessings,

Seeking

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    John 3:2
    this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, ” Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”

John 1:38
    And Jesus turned and saw them following, and said to them, “What do you seek?” They said to Him, ” Rabbi (which translated means Teacher), where are You staying?”

Matthew 23:8
    “But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.

1 John 2:27
    As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 386 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account