The Second Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 06 2009,12:22)
    Meerkat

A resurrection simply means to receive life again after one has died. However, the reward for the once resurrected first is greater than the once that come up later. The Bible says, the second death hath no power over those that are in the first resurrection, Rev. 20:6, because they were resurrected with a spirit body; all the rest will be resurrected with a human, flesh body.
    Yes, there are two types of resurrections, and yes, there are two types of rewards.
    Those that will reign with Christ will become spirit beings. Just as Christ took on our nature, the saints will be given a spirit nature, they will then rule over us.
    Don't feel bad, living for ever can't be all bad.

Georg

Georg

Thank you for your answers…….. I don't actually feel bad …… I am content with what I get from God …… I have no real yearnings to live forever however I do desire to be freed from the sin and corruption that I see in the world around me and also that I see in myself …….. and also I feel badly for the assumption that believing means righteous and unbelieving means wicked and damned……..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Observations can be unreliable as they partly relate to expectations.
    What we can trust is what is written.

Lk24
    36And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43And he took it, and did eat before them.

Cindy
    Participant

Meerkat

Your desire to be freed from sin and corruption will happen. After the millennium, after Satan is loosed, and all those that follow him are destroyed along with Satan, there will be no more sin, no more sickness, no growing weak because of age. You will run with your grandchildren, and great, great, great…grandchildren; best of all, there will be no more death.
    Unbelieving, or not understanding does not mean wicked, or damned. That description fits some one who does not care at all about the truth, and does wicked things deliberate.
    I was only kidding when I said, don't feel bad. We just don't have any idea what God has in store for us, but it wont be anything like we have now.

Georg

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

As usual, you forgot to reply to what I had said.
    And again, you don't even know when you agree with me by quoting the scriptures that you did.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    If you would read the scriptures given you would find the answers you seek.

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

If the apostles had recognized Jesus, they would not have thought he was a ghost.
    Could a flesh body have come through the walls, appear and disappear into thin air?
    Jesus came back the second time to show himself to Thomas, and only by showing his wounds did Thomas recognize Jesus.
    When you don't understand something you either ignore it or change the subject, that has become your calling card. It is obvious that you don't understand the concept of a ransom; do you even care to understand?

Georg

samual
    Participant

Georg… Greetings!

Sorry for taking so long getting back to you on this topic, but I seem to be traveling a lot these days.

Your Scriptural reference to what Jesus said “Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city” has another meaning than the one you have considered. It appears to me that Jude’s rendition of what happened there must be taken into account before arriving at any conclusion. I believe that Sodom and Gomorrah served as setting a precedent for any such activity in the future. What Jesus meant by saying the above means the same as what we have a saying today in the world: “You don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell.”

As for this comment, “Before any sentencing comes a trial,” I strongly believe that this trial period is being conducted as we speak. Recall these Scriptures:

Genesis 6:5 (Darby Translation)
    “And Jehovah saw that the wickedness of Man was great on the earth, and every imagination of the thoughts of his heart only evil continually.”

Jeremiah 11:20 (Darby Translation)
    “But thou, Jehovah of hosts, who judgest righteously, who triest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I revealed my cause.”

Acts 15:8 (Darby Translation)
    “And the heart-knowing God bore them witness, giving [them] the Holy Spirit as to us also… .”

God knows our heart condition towards Him and His Son. This “trial” has been going on since Genesis. But the Judgment Day you are referring to mentioned in Revelation 20:11-12 covers the millennium period, where those in the tombs are raised back to life and have time to hear and decide what course they will take.

On a similar comment, there are indeed two distinct resurrections recorded for us within the Scriptures. I did not see Scriptural references to these verses given so I will include them here for your consideration:

Revelation 14:1-4 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the voice which I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth. These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb.”

There is a definite number of these Chosen Ones that have “been purchased from among men.” These are the ones that reign as kings and priests over the earth with Christ Jesus for a thousand years, just as the Scripture tells us:

Revelation 20:4-6 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.”

It is these “purchased from among men” that are granted immortality; not so with those resurrected in the second resurrection where the “second death” remains.

I await your thoughts. God bless!

Cindy
    Participant

Hi Samual

Without going into every scripture that you quoted let me just say this.
    The apostles were not confused about any of the issues the taught, therefore the believers they spoke to had no reason to doubt. This is not the way it is today. Just look at the many religions we have, not to mention the many denomination within the “christian” community.
    Yes, God did destroy city's and nations, he even used one evil nation to destroy another, case in point; God used the Assyrians to destroy the northern kingdom Israel, then he used the Babylonians to destroy the Assyrians and the southern kingdom Judah, he then used the Medo-Persians to destroy the Babylonians, and so on. All this was for an example and a warning for us. But all these people and nations God destroyed, they are not condemned for ever yet. Jesus came and died for all mankind, the Bible could not say all, if all were not meant. He came to take away the death curse from Adam so Adam can be resurrected, that means every human after Adam has his curse removed. Jesus said he died for all, Paul said, as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive; if all doesn't mean all, we are in trouble.
    Rev. 7 and 14 speak of the 144000. In chapter 7 we see they are all from the 12 tribes of Israel. In chapter 14 we read, they were not defiled with other woman; this has nothing to do with sex. By other woman is meant, with other religion or church; just as the saints are the bride of Christ. They are those that came from obeying the law of Moses, into following Jesus Christ gospel. You can not say that about any Gentile, we all have belonged to another woman/church first.
    These 144000 also have the Fathers name written in their forehead, meaning, they have received the Fathers name. When does a child receive the name of the man who is not his biological father? when he is adopted. In other words, these 144000 are the adopted sons of God, and coheirs with Christ, who will sit on thrones and reign with Christ here on earth; they are the kings.
    Then you have this great multitude in chapter 7, from all nations, they stand before the throne, they are the priests who will serve the kings.
    All together they are the saints of the first resurrection, they have all become spirit beings.

For now, Georg

Samuel
    Participant

While I do believe that a large part of Revelation is allegory.  For that matter there is a vast amount of information through out the whole Bible that is Allegory.

It is also to my belief that there are some very literal aspects of Revelation as well as through out the whole Bible.   In fact a lot of thins are both Allegory and Literal at the same time.

The Mind of GOD far surpasses anything that any humans pea brain can conjure up…I promise you.

Do not sit there and tell me that you can think as GOD does.   Becasue you can't  okay.   Now…

I realize that you might have some opinions ratteling around up there.  But, please don't get it twisted.

When the things that start happening that are written in the book of revelation, I promise you, that you will feel a very Literal Chill crawl down your spine….reguardless.

Now on this talk, about the soul being spirit, or the not being in the body or what ever.   I'm going to be honest I quit reading what you were talking about when you said that there is no soul once the body quits breathing.

Because, No pun intended brother…but you need to get something straight.

GOD made you a LIVING SOUL.   You Body is flesh.   Now at one time that may have been one in the same….till the fall of the original created man FELL…keyword here brother FELL.  Man Fell…Man also includes WOMEN too.    Man and Woman created he them.

But, since MAN as a whole failed to abide by the laws of GOD.   The whole of man and the earth were CURSED.  It seems to me that you have conviently left that part out of your synopsis here.

What you are stateing have the same end result that Believing in Evolution, and that GOD does not exist has.

And that effect is that you don't have to answer for your sins, or what you did that was wrong…which in turn allows you to go about your life living is in the wicked ways that you see fit…

Only difference is that While Evolutionist do not believe in GOD…so therefore that don't think they are going to either heaven or hell.

It appears that your beliefs allows you to belief that Everyone is going to heaven.   Or, maybe that your not going to have to be tormented by Hell Fire like the Bible says that it will be.

So what happened to the Gnashing of Teeth part?

Or, the rich man that all he wanted was one drop of water?

According to your theory this thing the Bible states that happened, could not have taken place. I suppose one would rationalize that this was just an allegory?

Or, other instances…I could go on all day about different types of scriptures, but none of it would do you any good any less you were planning on reading them and praying to GOD to get the understanding of it.

You don't believe that people that reject GOD and his Christ will not be cast into this fire that will never be quinched?

Brother, you better get your hat screwd on straight, and put the right king on the throne.

SIN is not acceptable to GOD…and the wages of SIN is DEATH…not a happy go lucky party

I have this saying: “I will believe what the Bible says till someone can prove it wrong.” Not the other way around. Till someone can prove it right.

I don't foresee anyone ever being able to prove the Bible wrong.

What I do see is people taking what it says and gathering to them teachers to explain it to them in a not so harsh straight to the point manner, and re-grip the understanding thereof to fit their lives.

When what we should be doing is changing our lives to fit what the word of GOD says.

All this “Well I think this, or I think that…” GOD did not ask us what we thought. He told us what his law was and left it up to use to do it.

What we think if foolish in the sight of GOD. That is written in the Bible as well.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 06 2009,21:14)
    Nick

If the apostles had recognized Jesus, they would not have thought he was a ghost.
    Could a flesh body have come through the walls, appear and disappear into thin air?
    Jesus came back the second time to show himself to Thomas, and only by showing his wounds did Thomas recognize Jesus.
    When you don't understand something you either ignore it or change the subject, that has become your calling card. It is obvious that you don't understand the concept of a ransom; do you even care to understand?  

Georg

Hi Georg,
    This is Jesus before his death and resurrection.
    Jn6
    19So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid.

20But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

21Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.

His faith and powers enabled such things.
    Recognition by his disciples depends on their mindset.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Is a body with flesh and bones and holes in the hands and feet and side the heavenly one you expect?

Cindy
    Participant

No, but that's the body you claim Jesus was resurrected with.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi georg,
    That is the body he showed us.
    And since he was again flesh which cannot inherit the kingdom he must have later gained the heavenly body.

It was necessary for him to be flesh to fulfill the prophecy.

Acts2
    25For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Rom1
    3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

samual
    Participant

Samuel… Greetings!

Your comment: “It is also to my belief that there are some very literal aspects of Revelation as well as through out the whole Bible. In fact a lot of things are both Allegory and Literal at the same time.”

I most definitely agree with your conclusion above; however, I must point out to you that symbolism, symbolic representations or metaphoric expression, always has a literal interpretation association.

But I don’t want to get too far ahead. Let the Scriptures explain matters for us. You said something that I agree with whole heartedly:

“I don't foresee anyone ever being able to prove the Bible wrong.”

When I consider that you agree that no one will ever be “able to prove the Bible wrong,” I cannot associate your next comment with being compatible with the above:

“Now on this talk, about the soul being spirit, or the not being in the body or what ever. I'm going to be honest I quit reading what you were talking about when you said that there is no soul once the body quits breathing.”

By your saying that “I quit reading what you were talking about when you said that there is no soul once the body quits breathing” you seem to be suggesting that the Scriptural evidence provided was wrong, that the soul continues on after death. I cannot see where you arrived at this conclusion after the Scriptures proving otherwise. Let’s revisit those Scriptures for clarity:

Genesis 2:7 (Darby Translation)
    “And Jehovah Elohim formed Man, dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and Man became a living soul.”

Psalm 146:3-4 (Darby Translation)
    “Put not confidence in nobles, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his purposes perish.”

Ecclesiastes 9:5 (Darby Translation)
    “For the living know that they shall die; but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.”

Judging from these Scriptures, the soul does indeed die when the breath of life, the activating life force, is withdrawn. To suggest otherwise is to refute Scriptural evidence to the contrary and by so doing, you attempt to prove the Bible wrong! I’m certain that was not your intent.

When Jesus stated, “Wonder not at this, for an hour is coming in which all who are in the tombs shall hear his voice…” John 5:28 (Darby Translation) He was in no way suggesting the dead were conscious and alert within the grave. What he did mean was that when He resurrected these ones, they would rise from death… much like the example of Lazarus when he was entombed in death four days. That example proved that Jesus had the power to raise the dead, and would do so on a much larger scale during the millennium.

So what should we understand about the soul that can help us out here? Let’s compare Scriptures and see what we can learn:

Matthew 22:32 (Darby Translation)
    “*I* am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not God of [the] dead, but of [the] living.”

The Scriptures do not conflict; if they did, they would be proven wrong and in direct contradiction to those written within the OT. How, then, are we to understand what Jesus meant by saying “God” being God “of the living?”

Some would conclude that the dead, including Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, must, then, be alive and in heaven. But Jesus disputed this idea:

John 3:13 (New American Standard Bible)
    “No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.”

How, then, can we arrive a truth? Again, Jesus explains:

John 16:13 (Darby Translation)
    “But when *he* is come, the Spirit of truth, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but whatsoever he shall hear he shall speak; and he will announce to you what is coming.”

The only logical conclusion is this: God remembers each and every one of us, all who have ever lived on this planet. Jesus also explains this fact:

Matthew 10:29-31 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.”

In short, then, God remembers each and every one. In the resurrection of those in the tombs, God will re-create those brought back to life. And, if you consider the deaths of those dead ones and how horribly many have died, you have to understand that the bodies that have long since decomposed will not be what is resurrected. God will create new bodies for each one of them… not that they would be unrecognizable, but in far better shape than when they died. As the Scripture says:

1 Corinthians 15:38 (New American Standard Bible)
    “But God gives it a body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own.”

samual
    Participant

Georg… Greetings!

Please consider closely the following:

Actually, Georg, the idea that “all men to be saved” (1 Timothy 2:3-4) is FALSE. The reason is quite “simple” if you search into the Scriptures with an open mind and “listen to what the Spirit says to the churches (congregations).” (Revelation 2:7)

The Apostle Paul states the following:

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 (New American Standard Bible)
    “… dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,… .”

The time factor of this event is noted in verse 7 :

“…and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire… .”

As you have likely noticed, Georg, this revealing has not yet taken place. But one thing is certain: “those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord” will pay the penalty of eternal destruction.” People will be destroyed, hence, not all men are to be saved.

Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, brought this fact out when He gave us details of this event in Matthew 25:31-46. If we take this step by step we can understand when these things take place:

Matthew 25:31-32 (New American Standard Bible)
    “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats… .”

Yes, I realize that you believe this takes place during the millennium reign; but look at what Jesus said would happen at the time of separating the sheep from the goats:

Both the righteous and the unrighteous said: “Lord, when did we see you…” (Matthew 25:37, 44)

Obviously, Georg, the separating work comes at a time when neither the sheep nor the goats were aware of it. If this took place during the millennium reign they would have known that the Lord was watching over them. It becomes apparent, then, that this separating work takes place prior to Armageddon, right now.

And what happens to those “sheep” and “goats?” See what Jesus says:

Matthew 25:46 (New American Standard Bible)
    “These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Even the Psalmist recognized that all men would not be saved:

Psalm 92:7 (New American Standard Bible)
    “That when the wicked sprouted up like grass
    And all who did iniquity flourished,
    It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.”

Speaking about these people that disbelieve Jesus Christ and His role at Armageddon, Jesus made reference to the Flood of Noah’s Day:

Luke 17:26-27 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.”

Obviously, not all men are saved.

Some will say that this view is fatalistic. They are right, especially for those “goats.” But that depiction of future events did not originate in my head, but rather, it came from the Holy Writings we consider to be the Word of God. You say “all men will be saved.” That view conflicts with Scriptures.

Jesus gave the following invitation:

Revelation 2:29 (New American Standard Bible)
    “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

Consecrated Christians are directed by Holy Spirit to understand the deeper things of God and listen to what the Spirit says. Any stubborn refusal to accept what the Scriptures say seems to suggest that they do not listen. I can only hope that you take time to re-evaluate your position before the True God and His Only Begotten Son.

Cindy
    Participant

Samual

You apparently read what I said wrong. I did not say, all will be saved; I said, “all will be resurrected”.
    Being resurrected does not mean, being saved.
    Paul was talking to the saints of the present, and to those that would have to endure the wrath of Antichrist for 1260 years; we are all past that period now.
    Jesus Christ has in fact returned, and all the saints have been resurrected because we are living in the days of these kings during which time Christ will set up his kingdom.

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

I even go so far as to say, we are in the beginning stages of that destruction right now.
    As far as the sheep and the goats are concerned, that is exactly for the millennium, it is during the millennium were no one has an excuse not to understand.

Hab 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
    Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

That is why those who “will” not listen to the teachings of Jesus will be condemned.

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Every one will be given plenty of time.

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Whether you were an aborted baby, or died as an old man, the time given to you is the same, 100 years. If however you do die, it will be the second death.
    It is quite obvious that what you believe is the truth, to you. But have you noticed how many others feel the same about what they believe, including myself?

Georg

samual
    Participant

Georg… Greetings!

Yes! I have noticed that many others feel the same as I do about their belief; this is to be expected; after all, wasn’t it Jesus who asked:

Luke 18:8 (New American Standard Bible)
    “I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?”

Quite obviously, Jesus knew well ahead of today that there would be much misunderstanding about exactly what the Scriptures say and that many would twist or read into the Scriptures what wasn’t meant.

But I do see where the problem stems from in your understanding of who these “kings” and the “antichrist” really are:

You say: “Paul was talking to the saints of the present, and to those that would have to endure the wrath of Antichrist for 1260 years; we are all past that period now… Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed… .”

The antichrist has been around since the beginning of the Christian Faith. See what John tells us:

1 John 2:21-23 (New American Standard Bible)
    “I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.”

1 John 4:1-8 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.”

As you can see, the antichrist was there in the first century and remains with us to this very day; but the “revealing” of this “man of lawlessness” is yet ahead of us.

Considering what the Apostle John said (1 John 2:21-23 listed above) the Jews in the First Century didn’t believe Jesus to be the Christ foretold in Scripture. What about the Orthodox Jews of today? They still don’t believe that Jesus is the Christ. But are they alone?

What about main-stream Christendom? Think about what John said about what would mark the antichrist: “Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.”

Mainstream Christendom teaches that God and Jesus are one. It’s, as you know, is the Trinity Doctrine. By so doing, they identify themselves as antichrists because either way you look at it, they deny one or the other’s existence. Scripturally speaking, they are antichrists.

You say, “Jesus Christ has in fact returned, and all the saints have been resurrected because we are living in the days of these kings during which time Christ will set up his kingdom.”

Jesus said:

Matthew 24:14 (New American Standard Bible)
    “This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.”

Has the “gospel of the kingdom” been preached in the whole world “to all nations?” What about Babylon the Great?

Babylon the Great still remains actively involved with the political powers (the kings) of this earth. (Revelation chapters 17-18) It is these ten kings that bring about the destruction of Babylon the Great just prior to their own demise. Of interest, too, is the Scriptural evidence that places “the called and chosen and faithful” with Christ Jesus during this time. (Revelation 17:12-14)

And yet another point to consider:

Revelation 6:9-11 (New American Standard Bible)
    “When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, ‘How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?’ And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.”

Because the “judging and avenging” has yet to take place, it would appear that the gathering of the “elect” is not completed. See what Jesus said:

Matthew 24:31 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.”

I well know that everyone has their own ideas as to what is true or false, Scripturally speaking, of course. But with all the evidence presented from the Scriptures, your idea having those falling victim to death throughout the ages “all being resurrected” does not harmonize with Scripture. Adam, Judas, Sapphira and Ananias will not be resurrected. They have all sinned against the Holy Spirit and have suffered the second death. Of course, the only sure way to prove this one way or the other is by walking through the Kingdom of God under Christ Jesus and the Faithful and enquire as to how the foursome are doing. (smile)

God bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    You said
    “As far as the sheep and the goats are concerned, that is exactly for the millennium, it is during the millennium were no one has an excuse not to understand.”

The sheep and goat judgement is at the end of the millenium.

Rev20
    7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This prophecy is for Israel
    ” 27Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

28And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.

29In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.

30But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. “

That is why those who “will” not listen to the teachings of Jesus will be condemned.

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Every one will be given plenty of time.

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Whether you were an aborted baby, or died as an old man, the time given to you is the same, 100 years. If however you do die, it will be the second death.
    It is quite obvious that what you believe is the truth, to you. But have you noticed how many others feel the same about what they believe, including myself?”

The heathen Idolaters are not Israel.

All will not be raised till the end of the millenium and there are no scriptures that say the King Jesus Christ will be kept busy teaching the world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,

This scripture was being fulfilled from the moment Jesus started preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 386 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account