The Second Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Nick.

The harlot has gained many children.
    Bought their souls with luxury goods,and pleasure,
    and soothing words.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Her offerings are magic and witchcraft
    Rev 17
    Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed acts of immorality, and those who dwell on the earth were made drunk with the wine of her immorality.” 3 And he carried me away [a]in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious [c]stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality, 5 and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” 6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the [d]saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered [e]greatly. 7 And the angel said to me, “Why [f]do you wonder? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.

Rev18
    21 Then [y]a strong angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “So will Babylon, the great city, be thrown down with violence, and will not be found any longer. 22 And the sound of harpists and musicians and flute-players and trumpeters will not be heard in you any longer; and no craftsman of any craft will be found in you any longer; and the sound of a mill will not be heard in you any longer; 23 and the light of a lamp will not shine in you any longer; and the voice of the bridegroom and bride will not be heard in you any longer; for your merchants were the great men of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of [z]saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.”

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 04 2014,08:27)
    Hi WU,
    Her offerings are magic and witchcraft
    Rev 17
    Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed acts of immorality, and those who dwell on the earth were made drunk with the wine of her immorality.” 3 And he carried me away [a]in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious [c]stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality, 5 and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” 6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the [d]saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered [e]greatly. 7 And the angel said to me, “Why [f]do you wonder? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.

Rev18
    21 Then [y]a strong angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “So will Babylon, the great city, be thrown down with violence, and will not be found any longer. 22 And the sound of harpists and musicians and flute-players and trumpeters will not be heard in you any longer; and no craftsman of any craft will be found in you any longer; and the sound of a mill will not be heard in you any longer; 23 and the light of a lamp will not shine in you any longer; and the voice of the bridegroom and bride will not be heard in you any longer; for your merchants were the great men of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of [z]saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.”

Nick.

She was riding on the seven headed beast.
    1.First head; kingdom of Egypt.
    2.Seventh head: is today. Which is the 7thhead.
    3.The 8th head *WILL* come out of the 7th head.
    A new system of government.

She is the spirit of the material world,
    of all material temptations.The lust of material goods.
    Riches, fame, fun, and luxuries.

She will be no more. The system of world trade will be no more. Industry will be no more.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    If you understand biblical colours -as shown for example in the temple construction-you will see she wears the colours purple and scarlet.
    She does not wear blue.

Scarlet represents man.
    Blue represents God.
    Purple is red + blue=religion.

So she represents man and religion.
    The spirit of false religion based in the city of seven hills.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2014,16:05)
    Hi WU,
    If you understand biblical colours -as shown for example in the temple construction-you will see she wears the colours purple and scarlet.
    She does not wear blue.

Scarlet represents man.
    Blue represents God.
    Purple is red + blue=religion.

So she represents man and religion.
    The spirit of false religion based in the city of seven hills.

Nick.

There is no seven hills mentioned in scripture.
    Babylon the great rev,18.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    True
    seven mountains
    Rev 17
    “And here is the mind which hath wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 13 2014,05:49)
    Hi WU,
    True
    seven mountains
    Rev 17
    “And here is the mind which hath wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth.

Nick.

Seven mountains=seven world empires.
    1.Egypt.
    2.Assyria.
    3.Babylon.
    4.Medo persia
    5.Greecia.
    6.Rome.
    7.End time Rome/today.
    8. The 8th *WILL* come out of the 7th.
    and go into perdition.(the lake of fire with the false
    prophet;rev 19:20).

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WUI
    John Gill's exposition
    Revelation 17:9
    And here is the mind which hath wisdom
    This refers either to what goes before, concerning the beast, his various states, rise, and ruin, and his admirers; or to what follows after, concerning the meaning of his heads and horns, or to both; and the sense is, that notwithstanding the interpretation of these things by the angel, yet it requires a large share of wisdom to understand them; and here is enough to exercise the mind that is ever so well stored with knowledge and understanding; and so the Arabic version renders it, “here it is required that one should have judgment and wisdom”; for to a man that has not, the affair will still be obscure and unintelligible. The words may be rendered, “here is the mind, he that hath wisdom”; that is, let him make use of it, as in ( Revelation 13:18 ) and so the Vulgate Latin version renders it, “and this is the sense, he that hath wisdom”; this is the sense of the beast, and of his heads and horns; and he that has wisdom, let him consider it, and take it in, and apply it to proper persons, things, and times; and so the Ethiopic version, “he that has wisdom and understanding, let him know this”; or take cognizance of it, it being a matter of importance, and attended with difficulty:

the seven heads are seven mountains of which the woman sitteth
    that is, they signify seven mountains, or are symbolical representations of them; just as the seven good kine, and seven good ears, in Pharoah's dream, signified seven years of plenty, and seven thin kine, and seven empty ears, seven years of famine, ( Genesis 41:26 Genesis 41:27 ) . As the woman is a city, ( Revelation 17:18 ) these seven mountains, on which she sits, must be so many mountains on which the city is built; and what city can this be but Rome, which is so famous for being built on seven hills? This is taken notice of by Virgil F13, Horace F14, Ovid F15, Claudian F16, Starius F17, Martial F18, and others; and indeed there is scarce a poet that speaks of Rome but observes it: hence it has been sometimes called, by writers, the seven hilled city, and sometimes Septiceps, the seven headed city, which comes near to the language here: the names of the seven mountains were these, Capitolinus, Palatinus, Aventinus, Esquilinus, Coelius, Viminalis, and Quirinalis; the four first of these were taken in by Romulus, the first founder of it, and the three last by Servius Tullius, when he enlarged it; and upon the addition of the seventh mountain there was a feast kept, called Septimontium; and which was kept in seven places in the city F19; and was annually observed; and in this situation it was in John's time; for Pliny F20, who was contemporary with him, expressly says, that in his time it took in seven mountains; and that this refers to a city in John's time, then reigning over the kings of the earth, is certain from ( Revelation 17:18 ) . Now there was no imperial city, so built in his time, but Rome: for though Constantinople is built on seven hills, yet this was not in being in John's time, but was built by Constantine many years after, in imitation of Rome; and though the situation is much altered now, being in Campus Martius, it being greatly reduced, and in a less compass, yet this hinders not but that it is the same city here designed: and this confirms that the beast before spoken of, on whom the woman sat, is the Roman empire, since she is here said to sit on the seven mountains, on which Rome, the metropolis of that empire, was built; and this shows the pope of Rome to be antichrist, the great whore, Babylon, the mother of harlots, since no other has his seat at Rome but he.

journey42
    Participant

nick wrote:

[/quote]

Hi WUI
    John Gill's expositionRevelation 17:9
    And here is the mind which hath wisdom
    This refers either to what goes before, concerning the beast, his various states, rise, and ruin, and his admirers;

It just simply means, he that has the holy spirit can understand this, and this would be he who has knowledge of Daniel, will understand even clearer, because they both go hand in hand.

or to what follows after, concerning the meaning of his heads and horns, or to both; and the sense is, that notwithstanding the interpretation of these things by the angel, yet it requires a large share of wisdom to understand them; and here is enough to exercise the mind that is ever so well stored with knowledge and understanding; and so the Arabic version renders it, “here it is required that one should have judgment and wisdom”; for to a man that has not, the affair will still be obscure and unintelligible. The words may be rendered, “here is the mind, he that hath wisdom”; that is, let him make use of it, as in ( Revelation 13:18 ) and so the Vulgate Latin version renders it, “and this is the sense, he that hath wisdom”; this is the sense of the beast, and of his heads and horns; and he that has wisdom, let him consider it, and take it in, and apply it to proper persons, things, and times; and so the Ethiopic version, “he that has wisdom and understanding, let him know this”; or take cognizance of it, it being a matter of importance, and attended with difficulty:

A whole lot of jargon only to say this;

the seven heads are seven mountains of which the woman sitteth
    that is, they signify seven mountains, or are symbolical representations of them; just as the seven good kine, and seven good ears, in Pharoah's dream, signified seven years of plenty, and seven thin kine, and seven empty ears, seven years of famine, ( Genesis 41:26 Genesis 41:27 )

Nick
    Just because he had the money or the sponsors to write a book, does not mean he has the spirit of prophecy.

As the woman is a city, ( Revelation 17:18 ) these seven mountains, on which she sits, must be so many mountains on which the city is built; and what city can this be but Rome, which is so famous for being built on seven hills?

Revelation 17:9   And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
    The woman sits on 7 heads which represent seven mountains, which represent SEVEN KINGS, not physical mountains.

Revelation 17:10   And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    There's the interpretation of the mountains right here.  They are seven kings (seven kingdoms) from the beginning of the first kingdom – Egypt to the last.

So we have 7 kings (kingdoms);
    1. Egypt
    2. Assyria
    3. Babylon
    4. Medo-Persia
    5. Grecia
    6. Rome
    7. British empire. (came out of Rome)

The whore who is Satan's woman, depicted as a woman because she goes whoring with different gods, and produces children, was there from the first kingdom, and will be there till the last. She did not exist only during the days of Rome, but long before that.

It says five are fallen,…come and gone, conquered;
    these are the five that are gone during Johns day.
    1. Egypt
    2. Assyria
    3. Babylon
    4. Medo/Persia
    5. Grecia
    All these are past.

..and one is…
    Rome was the ruling kingdom in Johns day.

..and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space…
    John is in the 6th kingdom (Rome), but there's another coming after Rome, the 7th, which is the British Empire.  The one we are in today.

Revelation 17:11   And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

This goes into a little twist now, to put the sceptic off.
    the beast that was is “Babel” when they were all one.
    Satan will do it again.  And when he does, he will turn it into the 8th kingdom. The NWO.  He will have full control again to carry out his plan.

Revelation 17:12   And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
    These 10 kings combined, are the ones who will form the 8th kingdom.  They will come out of the 7th.  Out of the British Empire and form their own system.  The NWO.

This is taken notice of by Virgil F13, Horace F14, Ovid F15, Claudian F16, Starius F17, Martial F18, and others; and indeed there is scarce a poet that speaks of Rome but observes it: hence it has been sometimes called, by writers, the seven hilled city, and sometimes Septiceps, the seven headed city, which comes near to the language here: the names of the seven mountains were these, Capitolinus, Palatinus, Aventinus, Esquilinus, Coelius, Viminalis, and Quirinalis; the four first of these were taken in by Romulus, the first founder of it, and the three last by Servius Tullius, when he enlarged it; and upon the addition of the seventh mountain there was a feast kept, called Septimontium; and which was kept in seven places in the city F19; and was annually observed; and in this situation it was in John's time; for Pliny F20, who was contemporary with him, expressly says, that in his time it took in seven mountains; and that this refers to a city in John's time, then reigning over the kings of the earth, is certain from ( Revelation 17:18 ) . Now there was no imperial city, so built in his time, but Rome: for though Constantinople is built on seven hills, yet this was not in being in John's time, but was built by Constantine many years after, in imitation of Rome; and though the situation is much altered now, being in Campus Martius, it being greatly reduced, and in a less compass, yet this hinders not but that it is the same city here designed: and this confirms that the beast before spoken of, on whom the woman sat, is the Roman empire, since she is here said to sit on the seven mountains, on which Rome, the metropolis of that empire, was built; and this shows the pope of Rome to be antichrist, the great whore, Babylon, the mother of harlots, since no other has his seat at Rome but he.

This is to put you off, so that you cannot see what is really happening.  Rome was never there in the beginning.
    The whore is riding all 7 kingdoms, and the eighth is coming, by next year.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,

I put it out there for discussion not because I accept it all

Folk claim the spirit of prophecy
    But do they have it?

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2014,20:55)
    Hi J42,

I put it out there for discussion not because I accept it all

Folk claim the spirit of prophecy
    But do they have it?

Hi Nick

Ok.

I presume one that understands prophecies would know if they have it.
    Not all have the gift of prophecy, there a different gifts as you know.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi j42,
    And it is the gift most to be sought after love.

But folk think they understand prophecy too quickly.

Anyone with the Spirit can potentially hear the Spirit.

You really must know what you are doing before you teach

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2014,04:09)
    Hi j42,
    And it is the gift most to be sought after love.

But folk think they understand prophecy too quickly.

Anyone with the Spirit can potentially hear the Spirit.

You really must know what you are doing before you teach

Nick.

You must judge righteous judgement.
    You can only judge prophecy if you have knowledge of prophecy.
    A layman can not judge an engineer's work.
    As simple as that.
    And this is in what you are doing.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    So do you have the spirit of prophecy?
    Or just knowledge of it?

Where does this KNOWLEDGE come from?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2014,04:31)
    Hi WU,
    So do you have the spirit of prophecy?
    Or just knowledge of it?

Where does this KNOWLEDGE come from?

Nick.

Such a question tells me that you have no idea of the spiritual.
    Spiritual understanding comes from above,
    when the HS is given, to understand the deep things of God.

But how can a babe understand anything, but playing with
    his toys? And like to join a convesation with adults;and telling them, that they are wrong;this is how things truly are.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Are you in a strong enough position yet to scorn others?

You have told us you are humble but this boasting does not fit with that.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2014,14:57)
    Hi WU,
    Are you in a strong enough position yet to scorn others?

You have told us you are humble but this boasting does not fit with that.

Nick.

I am humble,but not when speaking of scriptures.
    I scold in their faces using scriptures.
    You need to be washed from the inside.
    Only the tribulation can do that,and i doubt very much that you can make the test.For you believe that you are washed
    clean with water.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

i WU,
    Thankfully you are not my judge.

Do humble people boast?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2014,18:37)
    i WU,
    Thankfully you are not my judge.

Do humble people boast?

Nick.

You can call it what you like,but I am straight forward
    concerning scriptures.All have been asleep for too long.
    They need waking up;it's time for the groom to come.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Scripture and the Spirit will show those who are of God

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 386 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account