The Second Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 14 2009,01:41)
    I have always been taught that God is omnipresent. Onmipresent would mean God is everywhere at once, and if in the beginning there was only God, then everything that exists came from God and is in God. We know there is no sin in God, so where would sin be if there is nothing outside of God? Also if possible could you please tell me what sin is. If a person is cleansed from sin by faith in God then he could only fall away from God if he didn't believe God cleansed him. True? We know we are not judged by our good works to get to Heaven so how can we be judged by what you call bad works, and what do works have to do with sin? Respectfully, Tim

Hi Tim:

David stated the following:

Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

Psa 139:9 [If] I take the wings of the morning, [and] dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

And so, yes, God can be everywhere by His Spirit.

Sin is defined as the transgression of God's Law which is the Ten Commandments.

If someone is practicing sin wilfully, the Spirit of God does not dwell in that person. It is the spirit of disobedience which dwells within that person.

Salvation is not based on our works, but is based upon our believing the God's testimony regarding His giving His Only Begotten Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

When we break the law of society, and we are caught, we are judged and punished according to the crime committed. When we break God's law, and all of humanity has broken God's law, the penaly is death of separation from God. If we have not been reconciled to God, we are separated from God because of our transgressions of God's law. We do not have a personal relationship with God.

The scripture states:

Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

And,

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    Jhn 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

And so, we are saved if we come to God with a repentant heart believing that our sin wll be washed away by the blood of the Lord Jesus.

To be born again means that we have died unto sin and have been raised again from the dead by the Spirit of God, just as Jesus was raised again from the dead by the Spirit of God.

Water baptism by immersion symbolizes our union with Jesus in his death burial an resurrection.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:
    Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
    Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
    Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
    Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
    Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

If we are Christians, we will obey the commandments of the Lord, but we will make mistakes, and so our salvation is not of works.

1Jo 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
    1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
    1Jo 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    1Jo 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
    1Jo 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Someone who is not saved will be judged and punished according to the works or life that he has lived.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I hope that I have answered all of your questions. If not or if you have others, please don't hesitate to ask.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It is better to die with Christ in baptism [Rom6]rather than risk the second death.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 14 2009,10:23)
    Hi,
    It is better to die with Christ in baptism [Rom6]rather than risk the second death.

What does being buried with Christ in baptism, have to do with the second death?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Are you not yet among those who have passed from death to life?

Jn5
    24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Cindy
    Participant

Then you should have said, “die in Christ”, not die “with” Christ.
    Buried with Christ in baptism is only symbolic, I'm sure you know.
    Still, that has no connection with the second death.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Read again Rom6
    ” 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: “

Cindy
    Participant

I just got done saying on the other post, how little attention you pay to what some one says, but what else is new?
    Now for the third time; what does that have to do with the second death?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    To God our submission in repentance and water is sufficient to be joined in death with Jesus.
    Thus while we live we can pass from death to life and be given of his Spirit.

Christ will not be judged and his brothers too do not face the risk of the second death at the final judgement

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

He cannot deny his own.

Cindy
    Participant

And he doesn't, if in fact they are his own. Insisting you are his own, does not make it so.
    Christ never was judged, he was tempted, but not judged.
    You just don't understand that, when Christ will judge the world, he will not hand out sentences; before any criminal is sentenced, there is a trial, and based on the evidence presented during the trial, the judge will decide on the punishment. The evidence that will be gathered on every individual, will be during the millennium in books, and if the evidence is positive, your name will be written into the book of life. That is the only way any one that does not know Jesus can get his name into the book of life.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    You should find out about the judgement of the world from Mt25.
    We do not make it up according to our ideas of justice.

Cindy
    Participant

Why don't you teach me.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Read the scriptures and do not add your ideas.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2009,10:29)
    Hi Georg,
    Read the scriptures and do not add your ideas.

Whatever you don't understand you call somebody's ideas,
    what a great teacher you are.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Strangers add to what is written and offer it as truth.
    Adding to scripture is unwise.

The second death is a risk for all who do not enter through the door of Christ before he returns.
    Then that door is closed and even bridesmaids will not take their seat at the wedding.

Cindy
    Participant

Nick, get yourself a neck bracelet, it will take the pressure off looking up.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2009,04:55)
    Hi Georg,
    Strangers add to what is written and offer it as truth.
    Adding to scripture is unwise.

The second death is a risk for all who do not enter through the door of Christ before he returns.
    Then that door is closed and even bridesmaids will not take their seat at the wedding.

Nick hasan.

I agree with this; in the 2nd coming the true worshippers only will be resurrected. The lukewarm christians will have to go through the tribulation.
    They have to make a definite discission,by taking the mark or not.(this will be in the last 3 1/2 yrs).

Some will loose their lives for God,and some will be in prison.
    They also will be resurrected; multitudes of them,but not only of this generation,but a generation of 2000yrs.

The 10 horned beast(NW system) and the false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire,but not satan;he will be put in prison for a 1000yrs.(babylon is no more).

Then Christ will set up his kingdom in Israel,and the preaching will be for a 1000yrs. after the 1000yrs are finished,satan will be let loose for a little season to sift out the good from the bad,sheeps on the right; goats on the left.

Because the goats will follow satan to surround the kingdom,to take a spoil (gog and magog). God is simply bringing them together in one place to be destroyed satan also.(death itself is now conquered).Then the 2nd resurrection
    of all people,past present and future.Judged by their conduct in their lifetime.(by the books).

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU
    You say
    “They also will be resurrected; multitudes of them,but not only of this generation,but a generation of 2000yrs.[???]

The 10 horned beast(NW system)[???] and the false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire,but not satan;he will be put in prison for a 1000yrs.(babylon is no more).

Then Christ will set up his kingdom in Israel,and the preaching[???] will be for a 1000yrs. after the 1000yrs are finished,satan will be let loose for a little season to sift out the good from the bad,sheeps on the right; goats on the left.

Because the goats will follow satan to surround the kingdom,to take a spoil (gog and magog). God is simply bringing them together in one place to be destroyed satan also.(death itself is now conquered).Then the 2nd resurrection
    of all people,past present and future.Judged by their conduct in their lifetime.(by the books).”

I do not see 2000 years anywhere.
    Systems are not thrown in the fire are they?
    Where does it say PREACHING will go on in that 1000yr time?

terraricca
    Participant

N

georg is right about you , either you do not understand and told that we add or falsely preach,or you question scriptures and change the meaning of it ,and call us followers of men view or carnal,

if we ask you to teach us ,you become def mute

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    But you are negative and unteachable

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 386 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account